5 Monster Hunter Champions  Limited Edition

5 Monster Hunter Champions Limited Edition

Search
Comments
ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jan 9, 2024, 23:0701/09/24
06/24/19
harleQuinn

For me a Hero's Path is just a Guaranteed Champ with bonus rewards that all players can participate in to lesser or greater extents. That's at least what I see from them. 

As far as if he's worth? We'll just have to see what else in the path. :)

Guranteed + +.  Definitely costly but being able to pick and choose when you summon is directly in the players control.  Raid is as much a resource management game as anything else.  One player in my clan keeps a stock of 115+ Sacreds just because he's so selective. 

Jan 10, 2024, 00:4301/10/24
06/25/20
Swiftblade

Moving on.... Looking ahead to Alatreon's Hero Path, I guess we can expect to find it all the way at the bottom of said Path, for a likely 60,000 points. Add to that anywhere between 40-70k extra points to reach the champion, so let's go in the middle and say 55k, so 115,000, more or less.

And sacreds normally count for 4500 each, so best be prepared with the eqivalent of about 25 sacreds to bring this guy to your roster.

Is he worth 25 sacreds? Unless... maybe they'll allow us to top up the hero points with some method that can score relatively easy points (in other words, anything but a pseudo dungeon divers), which then would allow us to get the champion for around 20 instead of 25... Still, is he worth the 20?

Personally? No, I doubt he'll be worth it. His kit just seems very "okay".

Jan 10, 2024, 02:2901/10/24
06/13/23
harleQuinn

Can I ask, and not mocking, why it matters if you do or don't get a void legendary that is on par with Karato and Jetni?

HP Based champion on par with ATK Based champions? Sounds like a good champ to me. =P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If only there was 6 Monster Hunter champions, then you could send them as a complete full party to kill Hydra with. Only thing missing is one with Purge Buffs or Block Buffs with HP Burn for synergy, Though with it party of 5 and all their Blessings being Dungeons based (minus 1) which takes 5. 

Fatalis having both an AOE perma decrease DEF and a single target perma decrease ATK with allowing to gain extra turns from A1 I can see it being used Reflex/Impulse/Relentless getting all the extra turns and/or reducing CDs of abilities allying more and more decreases. Along with the the perma-shield. There are a lot of teams and fights they could be utilized in. 

Personally I like each of these champs from Monster Hunter. Will I probably get any of them other than the free login and maybe fragment depending on how punishing the fragment is probably not unless there are more events added in February. Would I like them all and wouldn't be upset if I pulled any of them? Hell yea. 

Other than random from shards event.

The Archer is stuck behind Prism Shard paywall which with the low % of Legendary and the other legendaries that will be in that pool as well with no pity in Summon Pools could spend thousands and not get it. 

Alatreon will be bottom of a Hero's Path. 

Fatalis stuck behind random from voids.  

Jan 10, 2024, 11:2201/10/24
10/08/17

So I was asked what is the difference between this void and xena for availability . I see the light now

I even posted that Xena was free to play (or something  like that). That FTP had a X10 chance to summon her and I had no problem with that back then (because I just bought her straight up)

Now that I have been put into the same bracket as a FTP with chances  of summoning a void lego I seem to have this self entitled fit of kicking and screaming

Welcome to the new Raid PG . Just like Aristrocrat Gaming said to its investors "we will have NEW ways of gaining revenue from Raid in 2024" 

Jan 10, 2024, 16:0501/10/24
10/08/17

So one of our Famous Content Creators in Raid has gone to the Test server and tested this VOID Lego I am affixed  on .

Nubs Raid   (love this guys  content for Raid).  Link below and after watching what do you think? Still worth me raging that I may never get this champ or you saying just pass  on it PG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MGJCzKe3Ik

Jan 10, 2024, 16:4201/10/24
12/19/19
PriestGuardian

So I was asked what is the difference between this void and xena for availability . I see the light now

I even posted that Xena was free to play (or something  like that). That FTP had a X10 chance to summon her and I had no problem with that back then (because I just bought her straight up)

Now that I have been put into the same bracket as a FTP with chances  of summoning a void lego I seem to have this self entitled fit of kicking and screaming

Welcome to the new Raid PG . Just like Aristrocrat Gaming said to its investors "we will have NEW ways of gaining revenue from Raid in 2024" 

Figure you would realize this POV eventually without me pointing it out :)

We all are biased to our own "status" in the game, I would suggest not chasing anything.  My view is that the never ending power creep(a necessary evil) will persist with the best (or "enough of the "best") being free or somewhat obtainable.  Only way to eep bringing in new money is to power creep old champs to obsolete status.  The next batch is always better than the old guard, maybe excluding siphi :)

Jan 10, 2024, 16:5701/10/24
06/25/20
PriestGuardian

So one of our Famous Content Creators in Raid has gone to the Test server and tested this VOID Lego I am affixed  on .

Nubs Raid   (love this guys  content for Raid).  Link below and after watching what do you think? Still worth me raging that I may never get this champ or you saying just pass  on it PG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MGJCzKe3Ik

Without watching the video - even if this guy were literally the best void dps in the game, it wouldn't be worth it. Dps are literally the least useful type of champ to get - there's an ocean of options to choose from, all of which get the job done just fine. And that's putting aside the obvious question of probabilities of actually getting it from a pull.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 11, 2024, 12:2801/11/24
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Without watching the video - even if this guy were literally the best void dps in the game, it wouldn't be worth it. Dps are literally the least useful type of champ to get - there's an ocean of options to choose from, all of which get the job done just fine. And that's putting aside the obvious question of probabilities of actually getting it from a pull.

Yes! :D

There's lots of DPS options out there that work even for plat push and G4 Tag. One of the best was totally free, Sun Wukong. This new void guy is nowhere near Wukong or Ronda.

There's lots of DPS options out there that work even for plat push and G4 Tag. One of the best was totally free, Sun Wukong.This new void guy is nowhere near Wukong or Ronda.

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 11, 2024, 14:1601/11/24
02/24/19
Trips

Figure you would realize this POV eventually without me pointing it out :)

We all are biased to our own "status" in the game, I would suggest not chasing anything.  My view is that the never ending power creep(a necessary evil) will persist with the best (or "enough of the "best") being free or somewhat obtainable.  Only way to eep bringing in new money is to power creep old champs to obsolete status.  The next batch is always better than the old guard, maybe excluding siphi :)

Krixia is a better Yumeko and Warlord.

I'm sure there's a good chance we'll see a better Siphi at some point. :D

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 11, 2024, 14:2901/11/24
02/24/19
PriestGuardian

Yeah, when you stated in another thread that Xena was F2P, I disagreed with that pretty strongly.

So, we have someone F2P in our cluster who really wanted Xena, and had a lot of saved resources from skipping many fusions lately. They've dumped all their saved shards, gems, etc and didn't get her at all. They've dumped the little bit they gained from CB since, when the next Xena event came up. I'm sure they'll dump whatever small amounts they have earned since on the current one too.

Personally I have spent 70 sacreds and over two thousand ancients on Harima events since she came out, all on her 10x events, almost exclusively when her 10x is paired with 2x events for that particular shard type. I've pulled 3 Truaths, but no Harimas. That has been ALL my shard resources (and a solid chunk of my gem resources) since her debut. I even use Broadmaws and Relickeepers and other fusions to avoid spending shards on Champ Chases during fusions, and skip as many Summon Rushes as possible. :)

What champs are actually possible for F2P to get, it's perhaps different than you might assume, as a spender. And perhaps different from assumptions is what long term F2P folks actually find bothersome. What these limited time events feel like to me, more than anything, is just another 10x or Progressive Event. They are limited time events where, if I really want, I can dump whatever resources I have to get a small shot at a particular champion.

Really, I agree with Trips that the best advice is not chasing anything. Of course, I fail to do this myself with my chasing after Harima...haha! But it IS the best advice.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Jan 11, 2024, 14:4401/11/24
06/24/19
harleQuinn

Yeah, when you stated in another thread that Xena was F2P, I disagreed with that pretty strongly.

So, we have someone F2P in our cluster who really wanted Xena, and had a lot of saved resources from skipping many fusions lately. They've dumped all their saved shards, gems, etc and didn't get her at all. They've dumped the little bit they gained from CB since, when the next Xena event came up. I'm sure they'll dump whatever small amounts they have earned since on the current one too.

Personally I have spent 70 sacreds and over two thousand ancients on Harima events since she came out, all on her 10x events, almost exclusively when her 10x is paired with 2x events for that particular shard type. I've pulled 3 Truaths, but no Harimas. That has been ALL my shard resources (and a solid chunk of my gem resources) since her debut. I even use Broadmaws and Relickeepers and other fusions to avoid spending shards on Champ Chases during fusions, and skip as many Summon Rushes as possible. :)

What champs are actually possible for F2P to get, it's perhaps different than you might assume, as a spender. And perhaps different from assumptions is what long term F2P folks actually find bothersome. What these limited time events feel like to me, more than anything, is just another 10x or Progressive Event. They are limited time events where, if I really want, I can dump whatever resources I have to get a small shot at a particular champion.

Really, I agree with Trips that the best advice is not chasing anything. Of course, I fail to do this myself with my chasing after Harima...haha! But it IS the best advice.

You have 2022 best Nuker.  What more do you want woman?!

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 11, 2024, 14:5301/11/24
02/24/19
ShortOnSkillz

You have 2022 best Nuker.  What more do you want woman?!

What do you mean? I don't have Rotos. haha

Jan 11, 2024, 20:5001/11/24
10/08/17

Day one of the fusion and I am up to date with 20 frags. Do not think I will push for the bonus frags  on champ train as still 3 days  left on that (I think)

Waiting for tomorrow to see if I can snag 5 easy frags from the summons otherwise I may just skip it and be all in  on everything else afterwards

Jan 12, 2024, 22:1501/12/24
07/01/22
harleQuinn

Right now I can only share they are available from their respective shards from now until March 5th (the fusion is available once the fusion starts from shards though).... as far as any other ways to get them, I have to stay quiet on that for now. :)

Ok so this is super important and just to clarify since I especially ESPECIALLY want the Ruiner Nergigate Archer (favorite class and my most hated boss monster):

They won't be pullable from Shards after early March BUT there MAY still be other ways to get them in the future?

Jan 12, 2024, 22:2101/12/24
07/01/22
PriestGuardian

I respect both you Mods.  and believe you both to be fair

But do either of you not have a problem with RAID for the first time ever  offering a champion and a promotional champion at that behind an infinite pay wall????

This is not  Free to play and you both know it. You also know  that no other player in this game promotes and supports Raid more than I do or have done over the past years

I mean even both you have banned  me when I get to excited about defending this game

But this crosses the line for me....just disgusting. I dare you to admit or offer any other  personal opinion

Ok I'm confused by this. First of all, the Rathalos Blademaster is BETTER than the Zinogre one AND its Guaranteed and Its FREE. Second, the Zinogre one is able to be gotten EASILY compared to other recent fragment events. Lastly I'm not sure I understand what "Infinite Paywall" means? Not trying to nitpick your statement, just the "Infinite" part is kinda confusing? Unless you're talking about a different champ than the Zinogre one and I misunderstood, but the Zinogre one you wouldn't have to buy many resouces with real world currency to aquire, maybe a couple hundred dollars worth tops?

Jan 12, 2024, 22:2601/12/24
06/25/20

He is talking about the void lego, not the login or event ones.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 12, 2024, 22:4401/12/24
12/30/20
Onikage55

Ok so this is super important and just to clarify since I especially ESPECIALLY want the Ruiner Nergigate Archer (favorite class and my most hated boss monster):

They won't be pullable from Shards after early March BUT there MAY still be other ways to get them in the future?

I would be shocked to see them obtainable after March 5th. 

Until then each of the champions - sans Rathalos - can be pulled from the related shard types. 

Jan 12, 2024, 22:5301/12/24
07/01/22
dthorne04

I would be shocked to see them obtainable after March 5th. 

Until then each of the champions - sans Rathalos - can be pulled from the related shard types. 

I appreciate the specific date and focus my efforts under the assumption that they'll be unobtainable after 03/05/24. I know there's a 15/20/25 available right now but I'm gonna save shards and assume there will be another similar event sometime in Feburary hopefully with a 2x shard chance with it

harleQuinnModerator
Jan 13, 2024, 00:5601/13/24
02/24/19
Onikage55

To be even more clear than my fellow mod was.... these champions will not be obtainable in any way at all after March 5th.

Jan 13, 2024, 06:3101/13/24
Jan 13, 2024, 07:46(edited)
11/19/22
PriestGuardian

The simple fact that the only way to even have a chance at getting this  void promotion champion is locked  behind a RNG paywall of  indetermined amounts based on player luck and even possible to NEVER attain which equals infinite amouts of $$$$$$

Xena was straight up $80. easy guarantee

If this void was available after the promation period then I hold  out the hope that someday I may get it. The fact that the door closes after march 2024 to never get it  unless I am LITERALLY going to open my infinite wallet to get it is absurd and appaling 

and even then  may never get the champion afte 1 Billion dollars !  WTF!!!!!!! Outrage

incert Gifs of a man on the floor kicking and screaming here.

I would be surprised if there aren't events in Feb that provide more ways to get the collab champions - after all, the collab is for two-months, and I would find it strange if the actual collab events were only limited to the first two weeks.

Meanwhile, Summoners War: Sky Arena always releases in-house versions of limited heroes after a collab - same skills, different design. That keeps things fair and accessible for the player base, in terms of everyone having access to the same pool of skills. I'm still surprised that Plarium doesn't do the same for Raid. Someone might argue that they do this to encourage sales, but Ninja, Aleksander, Ronda, were all free, and no matter how much someone spends now they am never going to get one of those heroes, no matter how much they might want one of them. It would be great if Plarium would consider starting to do the same thing as Summoners War with in-house releases after an IP-event, especially if we're going to see more collabs.