All Categories

Just don't want Romantu.

Just don't want Romantu.

Search
Dec 23, 2023, 16:1512/23/23
06/02/22

Just don't want Romantu.

Been trying for the best part of 3 months to reach silver 3 in tag arena, each battle takes an age, stay green all week then at the weekend, I go red and have to use up quite a lot of my game playing time, just to stay yellow. With an average win rate of 9/10 this is awful. So my dear friends at plarium can keep this mediocre legendary, as not doing this anymore. Odd I am in and out of platinum in arena, plus win most of my live arena games, but tag arena stuck on silver 2. Fine will go back to my 5 a day, skip,skip skip.

Views
Comments
Comments
Dec 23, 2023, 16:2812/23/23
12/18/19

Lets all agree that the requirements to climb are borderline insane, especially if missions are tied to that, losing a speed race with 330 speed + 30% aura makes me actually turn into a Joker lol

Dec 23, 2023, 18:2912/23/23
12/19/19

1. Classic Arena is irrelevant. Being able to get into plat is meaningless. 

2. Moving up in 3v3 requires winning on Sunday and/or a defense that doesn't get hit on Sunday.  Again weekday activity is relatively meaningless as most are fighting solo defenses. 

3. Moving up is far easier know as wukong should give you a guaranteed win against 1 team.  Other New champs are available to counter different teams as well.  More effort and research is all that's needed. Caveat is your defense is getting worse (easier to beat by anyone) as well. So increased time on Sunday necessary if not in g4 (easiest tier lol)

Dec 23, 2023, 18:5512/23/23
12/18/19
Trips

2. Moving up in 3v3 requires winning on Sunday and/or a defense that doesn't get hit on Sunday.  Again weekday activity is relatively meaningless as most are fighting solo defenses. 

3. Moving up is far easier know as wukong should give you a guaranteed win against 1 team.  Other New champs are available to counter different teams as well.  More effort and research is all that's needed. Caveat is your defense is getting worse (easier to beat by anyone) as well. So increased time on Sunday necessary if not in g4 (easiest tier lol)

So whats the best way to tackle it, build a really annoying defense and keep it up at all times while getting some points midweek to get as high into green zone as possible? For me building a toxic defense is a bit complicated cause ive no duchesses, pythions, udks and whatnot, those meta bastardos xD best i can muster up is my new tormin and mithrala

Dec 23, 2023, 20:2012/23/23
12/19/19
sharkium

So whats the best way to tackle it, build a really annoying defense and keep it up at all times while getting some points midweek to get as high into green zone as possible? For me building a toxic defense is a bit complicated cause ive no duchesses, pythions, udks and whatnot, those meta bastardos xD best i can muster up is my new tormin and mithrala

Yes. That is half the battle.  The other half us coming up with enough offensive teams to win on offense.  With wukong, ronda, udk, tormin, ... this should be manageable. 

Don't try and win speed races. 

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Dec 23, 2023, 23:3912/23/23
06/24/19
Trips

Yes. That is half the battle.  The other half us coming up with enough offensive teams to win on offense.  With wukong, ronda, udk, tormin, ... this should be manageable. 

Don't try and win speed races. 

Some of us have all the champs to win everything but won't built their Marichkas and Duchess'.

Dec 24, 2023, 11:5512/24/23
06/02/22

Sorry the point seems to be missed, I win most of my tag arena battles, but have shedloads of def battles all lost. Plus the fact I never see any teams under max level tells me that only the highest tier players can reach silver 2, whereas in both arena and live arena I face players from all different levels. plus my def battles are a mix of wins and losses, so wouldn't it make sense to cap the amount of def battles to a daily limit to give people a chance, it's just so fu***d up, that you win most of the battles but still don't move tiers. I have always found tag tedious each match takes an age, the rewards are just not worth the time expended. Back in the day, their was a lot less champs and with the right gear you could win your matches. Now not so much, mythical gear has overpowered even the moderate spenders, TBH mythical champs haven't affected the gameplay too much, I beat them as easily as I beat other champs. 

Dec 24, 2023, 12:2212/24/23
12/18/19

Raising a player cap in each tier, ALOT, would help, there is no reason for it to be such an infuriating bottleneck for, which is only my guess  ~90% or even more of the playerbase.

Either do that or remove the tag arena mission from missions list? I dont think im being unreasonable here.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 24, 2023, 15:3212/24/23
02/24/19
sharkium

Raising a player cap in each tier, ALOT, would help, there is no reason for it to be such an infuriating bottleneck for, which is only my guess  ~90% or even more of the playerbase.

Either do that or remove the tag arena mission from missions list? I dont think im being unreasonable here.

Personally I don't find either of those choices necessary. Tag arena is basically the only arena place that requires any real development of your champs, and it just requires what Trips is explaining.  

Focus on building and developing 3 teams that can win, and learn the types of defensive teams that each of your now strong teams can win against. As he explained in another thread, if your teams are too slow for your taste, then you've still got room to keep iterating and building. If you can't win a high enough percentage of your fights, there's still room for gear farming and team design. If you're losing a TON of defense fights through the weekend and on Sunday, when people put their real teams in, there's a huge space to improve your defenses with gear, tuning and team design until you start seeing wins in your defense log, or aren't hit at all.

And you can get help developing your teams and strats here and in your cluster discords and from your clannies. I know I asked for a lot of feedback and help when I was first pushing into Gold Tag forever ago, before even the first player cap increase. The size of the cap hasn't changed much for me, I still hover in G4 Tag regardless, but the advice of other players made a huge difference. And yes, at first that advice was partially "Get farming, you need to drop 30k Fire Knight runs to get started" but it also included team suggestions and importantly, what kind of teams each suggestion was meant to face. It definitely took a decent amount of farming, playing the mode, and working on my teams.... but that's the game, leaning the fights and building teams to win at the rate and speed you desire, that's what the game is.

Basically though, all the other arenas are participation modes. Players fight one champ teams in Classic and have a 20 loss cap on defense so they can feel like they're great and sit in Gold 5, regardless of if they're doing it with a solo login champ in starter login gear. Live Arena lets you get to Gold with what, a 30% win rate, as long as you just queue every day? 3-7 and 2-8 mostly fine as long as you're just playing the mode. You can even place Plat just sneaking in by refreshing to find a trash page then hitting all 10 of them right at reset.

I don't want Tag to also be participation medal only. So much of the game devolves into just 1) click button 2) wait 30-90 seconds 3) win that I don't feel asking people to build 12 strong champs in a set of three teams is too big an ask for a single game mode. Just my thoughts though.

Dec 24, 2023, 15:4612/24/23
12/18/19
harleQuinn

Personally I don't find either of those choices necessary. Tag arena is basically the only arena place that requires any real development of your champs, and it just requires what Trips is explaining.  

Focus on building and developing 3 teams that can win, and learn the types of defensive teams that each of your now strong teams can win against. As he explained in another thread, if your teams are too slow for your taste, then you've still got room to keep iterating and building. If you can't win a high enough percentage of your fights, there's still room for gear farming and team design. If you're losing a TON of defense fights through the weekend and on Sunday, when people put their real teams in, there's a huge space to improve your defenses with gear, tuning and team design until you start seeing wins in your defense log, or aren't hit at all.

And you can get help developing your teams and strats here and in your cluster discords and from your clannies. I know I asked for a lot of feedback and help when I was first pushing into Gold Tag forever ago, before even the first player cap increase. The size of the cap hasn't changed much for me, I still hover in G4 Tag regardless, but the advice of other players made a huge difference. And yes, at first that advice was partially "Get farming, you need to drop 30k Fire Knight runs to get started" but it also included team suggestions and importantly, what kind of teams each suggestion was meant to face. It definitely took a decent amount of farming, playing the mode, and working on my teams.... but that's the game, leaning the fights and building teams to win at the rate and speed you desire, that's what the game is.

Basically though, all the other arenas are participation modes. Players fight one champ teams in Classic and have a 20 loss cap on defense so they can feel like they're great and sit in Gold 5, regardless of if they're doing it with a solo login champ in starter login gear. Live Arena lets you get to Gold with what, a 30% win rate, as long as you just queue every day? 3-7 and 2-8 mostly fine as long as you're just playing the mode. You can even place Plat just sneaking in by refreshing to find a trash page then hitting all 10 of them right at reset.

I don't want Tag to also be participation medal only. So much of the game devolves into just 1) click button 2) wait 30-90 seconds 3) win that I don't feel asking people to build 12 strong champs in a set of three teams is too big an ask for a single game mode. Just my thoughts though.

Ya i see where youre coming from and its ok if the mode by itself is competitive, the problem OP is having is that he is somewhere down there and ramantu is up on the wall, can you please agree that this mission implementation is garbage to say it lightly lol.

i

Its not a rng mission that you will get done by just farming something, it requires you to be a sweaty tryhard and no game should lock some progression behind that i think? 

Being in gold yourself might give you a bias, bet youve heard all those millionaires say everyone can do it if they just work hard enough, yet most hardworking folk i know are not millionaires 😁

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Dec 24, 2023, 15:5512/24/23
06/24/19
sharkium

Ya i see where youre coming from and its ok if the mode by itself is competitive, the problem OP is having is that he is somewhere down there and ramantu is up on the wall, can you please agree that this mission implementation is garbage to say it lightly lol.

i

Its not a rng mission that you will get done by just farming something, it requires you to be a sweaty tryhard and no game should lock some progression behind that i think? 

Being in gold yourself might give you a bias, bet youve heard all those millionaires say everyone can do it if they just work hard enough, yet most hardworking folk i know are not millionaires 😁

Quinn and Trips are both F2P, and sit in gold TTA.  My alt has had maybe $50 spent on it since the original battle pass and is in Gold.  

It may take time and some work but it's entirely achievable without spending a cent.

The argument that a milestone requires you to put effort in is an awful one.   

Dec 24, 2023, 16:0612/24/23
12/18/19

Eh the argument is not that awful 😁

Its just doesnt calculate right, for newer players to get in there, old folk with far better gear needs to get kicked out, and man im telling you its insane in silver 2 im losing with what is atm 330 speed + 30% added to that after, INSANE im telling you 😂

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 24, 2023, 16:4712/24/23
Dec 24, 2023, 16:49(edited)
12/30/20
sharkium

Eh the argument is not that awful 😁

Its just doesnt calculate right, for newer players to get in there, old folk with far better gear needs to get kicked out, and man im telling you its insane in silver 2 im losing with what is atm 330 speed + 30% added to that after, INSANE im telling you 😂

the argument is pretty bad though. it basically boils down to "why should we have to earn the thing". the arbiter questline is now trivially easy so it makes sense the bit that comes after - Ramantu - should be more difficult.

I understand if tag isn't one's cup of tea but in general a good bit of progression/rewards are tied to PvP, one way or another.

Quinn, Short and Trips all nailed it - including the bit about not trying to purely beat speed with speed.

Dec 25, 2023, 05:5512/25/23
12/18/19

Theres a difference tho between earning the thing and thing being irrationally out of reach.

Everyone has the mission, now heres a question, does every player fit into the tiers the mission wants you to be in, if the answer is no then what are we even discussing here lol.

As i write this i know i will fall from silver 2 to silver 1 and im ok with it, it doesnt bother me that much, i probably didnt belong in silver 2 anyway, what bothers me is people not willing to accept that when there are 5 loaves of bread and there are 50 hungry people then 45 of them are gonna starve.

The tag missions are garbage and i will die on this hill 😁

Dec 25, 2023, 06:0512/25/23
06/25/20

Well. All I can say is - git gud?

Dec 25, 2023, 07:4012/25/23
12/18/19

Ya theres room for improvement for me no doubt, but i think its impossible to get gud at fitting 10 litres of water into 1 litre jar am i right or am i right, im not argueing just for the sake of bringing out this forums wolfpack mentality, im argueing because i genuinenly believe the tag arena missions shouldnt be there, because there will actually be players who play for a long time and wont get it done, simple as that

Dec 25, 2023, 14:0312/25/23
06/02/22

Well another week gone by, still in silver 2. Was up till about 2 hours before reset, despite winning the majority of my matches the green bar never appeared. I seem to lose all my def battles, yet win most of my offence. Yet by rights it should be pretty much the same teams, so my loss ratio should be a lot lower, yet isn't. I suppose I am hampered in def having no block damage champs, Plus I suppose as silver 2 only contains level 100 players, to stay in this tier week after week is I suppose an achievement in itself. Anyway enough whinning, it is as it is. Merry Xmas everyone.

Dec 25, 2023, 16:1612/25/23
09/29/16
Trips

I'm with Dave somewhere, Silver 3 / 4.

Trips: I only encounter 1 champ defense on Mondays, rarely later and only if I'm in yellow or red. Or am I the only one in the world with thos problem? 😛

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 25, 2023, 19:0312/25/23
02/24/19
Truetom

I'm with Dave somewhere, Silver 3 / 4.

Trips: I only encounter 1 champ defense on Mondays, rarely later and only if I'm in yellow or red. Or am I the only one in the world with thos problem? 😛

Yeah, there's a smaller window of 1 champ defenses down in Silver. You'll see more opportunities in Gold 2+ to hit 1 champs through Wed/Thu.

Jan 29, 2024, 19:4601/29/24
06/02/22

Have to admit, feeling slightly jaded with the game. Yet another week, still not got to silver 3. Was hit for 6 with defence battles. The limitations of 20 attack battles per day is setting you up to fail, Decided to give it a couple more weeks if no movement, it may be time to say goodnight to the game. If I was unable to beat the offence teams I would go "Ah well" and seek to improve my champs and equipment, as this isn't the case and I am failing because of defence battle, that I have little or no control over. Heres the rub if I get 20 off battles a day, then def battles should be equal or less than that.

Jan 29, 2024, 20:1401/29/24
06/25/20

you're not limited to 20 per day. why would you think that?