All Categories

Arena fights WTF?? Have a ca. 100k power team and have lost ALL battles in last week

Arena fights WTF?? Have a ca. 100k power team and have lost ALL battles in last week

Search
Comments
Nov 5, 2019, 03:1411/05/19
Nov 5, 2019, 10:58(edited)
08/26/19

When you select the gear, it does not have to be legendary or epic. You can also put rare provided the 2 substats include speed and something good for the type of champion you are gearing. Atk%, def%, life%... Because there is only 2 substat, when upgrading to lvl 4 and 8, it will fall on either speed or whatever is good. A good epic is harder to find, a good leg even harder.... And the chance to get the substat you want to be upped is even lower. The rare or epic score dramatically lower than the leg, so the team power doesn't really show. 

Nov 5, 2019, 15:2311/05/19
05/13/19

matowi said:

In such case... let me shift the question. How do you build a super-skilled, super-fast team with killer AoE power (or a different "attack all" mode), and STILL have a relatively low team power score (say in the 80-100k total for four champs)?

Oh, I can make a killer set up with power lower then 80-100k.

I will use following heroes:

• Apothecary- 3 Star lvl 1

I am not going to upgrade Apothecary.

I am going to leave him low level with 200 speed on him.

• SpiritHost- 3 Star lvl 1
I am not going to upgrade SpiritHost.

I am going to leave her low level with 180 speed on her.

• Bellower- 3 Star lvl 1
I am not going to upgrade Bellower.

I am going to put 150 Accuracy on my Bellower + 160 speed.

My above 3 heroes all level 1 should have a total power of 15-30k

I will then build a Damage Dealer 

• Kael- Max Level - Max Gear - Max Accension - Max Everything
I want my Kael to have 35-40k power by himself.

My Kael will be a total monster of destruction.

My Kael might have around 140 speed.

My team power will hover between 45-70k

I will destroy half the people in Arena with that set up.

Bronze 1 to Gold 2 is probably how far I could make it with that set up.

3 Level 1 Heroes + 1 Level 60

I can beat people around 120k power with the above set up.

You see I put all my effort into making my Damage Dealer the most insane hero on my team.

The other 3 heroes are level 1, but it doesn’t matter.

I don’t need them to hit hard or to even live.

All they have to do is be fast enough to do 1 move which enhances my Damage Dealer.

If they accomplish that goal, They have done what I needed them to do in order for my strategy to succeed.

DOES POWER ON A HERO MATTER?

The answer is a Yes & No!

Power does matter!

Power is a measurement of how much effort you have done on a Hero.

-Accending a Hero

-Leveling a Hero

-Placing Uncommon gear vs. Legendary gear on hero

-Upgrading gear +8 vs. +16

-Type of gear - Speed gear, Attack gear, or Resist gear

-Upgrading Skills - Using Tomes vs. Not Using Tomes

Your power is a reflection of what you have done on a hero.

All the effort & energy you put into a hero is being represented by your Power.

This matters! You spent all your effort doing this - it wasn’t for nothing!

I want to give you a metaphor to show you how power doesn’t matter!

Let’s say you have a test over a book.

The teacher tells you to read the book and you will be tested on it.

The book is 30 pages long.

You spend all night trying to read those pages.

You read 29 pages and fall asleep on the very last page.

Next day alarm goes off you have to rush to school and take your test.

You don’t have chance to look at last page.

You go in your class room and ask your friend if they read the book.

Your friend says he partied all weekend.

He only read 1 page.

The page you fell asleep on is the page he read.

The teacher gives the test!

Everything on that 1 page your friend read is on the test.

Everything you read isn’t on the test.

Your friend passes!

You fail!

UNFAIR! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

Is that not how Arena is in a nutshell?

Think about it!

Remember what I said?

3 level 1 heroes + 1 Max Kael?

I have lowest effort like your friend only reading only 1 page.

You have 4 max heroes.

You lost - you read 29 pages!

DOES IT MATTER?

Of course, it bloody matters!

You could have been partying as well.

You were reading 29 pages instead.

You are so much smarter now! 

YOU GAINED POWER! 

But the power you gained didn’t help you in that specific test.

The power you gained on your hero might not help you in a specific arena fight.

DO YOU SEE WHAT I AM SAYING?

Your friend put all his energy into 1 page and he was rewarded because the test was based on that page.

You put all your energy into 29 page and they wasn’t part of the test.

YOU HAD MORE OVERALL EFFORT, BUT YOUR FRIEND HAD MORE QUALITY EFFORT!

This is why the question “Does Power Matter?” is so tricky to answer.

Nov 6, 2019, 20:3611/06/19
09/11/19
Arena is broken especially with those lvl 60 heroes that 1 or 2 hit entire lvl 60 teams. aoe damage does more than single damage. If you max a char for crit and speed its attack and crit damage should be really low but somehow you can get max speed crit crit damage and attack all at the same time en just knock an entire team off the fking runway in 1 go
Nov 7, 2019, 01:5511/07/19
05/13/19

Neukworst said:

Arena is broken especially with those lvl 60 heroes that 1 or 2 hit entire lvl 60 teams. aoe damage does more than single damage. If you max a char for crit and speed its attack and crit damage should be really low but somehow you can get max speed crit crit damage and attack all at the same time en just knock an entire team off the fking runway in 1 go

Arena isn't Broken.

I wrote a wall of text explaining how the Arena Meta is currently working.

I just said how a person can 1 shot an entire team with 1 hero that is crazy strong min-maxed.

Speed - Atk % - Crit Rate - Crit Damage

You can build a hero with 4 substats.

It's not complicated!

KiwiMcSheepModerator
Nov 7, 2019, 08:1511/07/19
09/18/18

Player J said:

Neukworst said:

Arena isn't Broken.

I wrote a wall of text explaining how the Arena Meta is currently working.

I just said how a person can 1 shot an entire team with 1 hero that is crazy strong min-maxed.

Speed - Atk % - Crit Rate - Crit Damage

You can build a hero with 4 substats.

It's not complicated!

Hey Hey,

Loving your work, 

Have fun and good luck.
Nov 7, 2019, 09:2611/07/19
06/05/19

matowi said:

Dear Plarium,

What am I missing? I have a team of 4 rank 6 champions (2 epic, 2 rare), all at 60, all with artifacts upgraded to level 16. My team power shows up at around 100k. And I lose ALL battles; I have downgraded from Gold Tier III to Gold Tier I. I lose battles with teams showing even 60% power of my own team (60k, 70k, 80k - no matter). I lose battles with stronger teams

What’s going on? How are team power stats calculated? How come, a team with 60-70% power of mine is FASTER, STRONGER, MORE RESILIENT than mine?

Until a week ago, things were normal - team power was an “ok” measure of winning chances (lost vs stronger teams, won vs weaker/more or less equal)

Am I missing some loophole that others have found and are clearly exploiting? Is there a bug? 

I go thru that too.... my Arena team stinks! 1 Epic 3 Rares, all lv 60, lv 16 gear! I think the other team has like a high great hall bonus and high lvl masteries! Plus they just got lucky with gear upgrades so they got tons of Atk% crit dmg boosts, Or the worst: SPEED! basically I just stay away from peeps with Raid pass, since they’re P2W and they got an Advantage ( unfair advantage imo) 

That’s Y i say Anybody that ever bought anything in Raid, only goes up against other P2W peeps! 

Plarium always Talks about balancing, WELL HERE U GO! get to work! 
Dec 17, 2019, 10:3312/17/19
08/01/19

You can spout as much tech and spec speak as you like. At the end of the day, a team with 40K power should not be able to effortlessly destroy a team with 70K power. Especially when they are bots on auto play. If “power” means nothing, then remove it from the game. If it has a purpose, then fix it. But don’t over complicate the problem with technical nonsense. 

My arena squad are pimped for speed, damage and HP and still get slaughtered constantly by far “weaker” teams. I’m eternally stuck in bronze newbville due to these issues and those 30 silver medals will never happen. 

Until the arena is actually fixed, stop forcing us to rely on it to progress. 

Dec 30, 2019, 04:4612/30/19
Dec 30, 2019, 04:56(edited)
05/13/19

Harley said:

You can spout as much tech and spec speak as you like. At the end of the day, a team with 40K power should not be able to effortlessly destroy a team with 70K power. Especially when they are bots on auto play. If “power” means nothing, then remove it from the game. If it has a purpose, then fix it. But don’t over complicate the problem with technical nonsense. 

My arena squad are pimped for speed, damage and HP and still get slaughtered constantly by far “weaker” teams. I’m eternally stuck in bronze newbville due to these issues and those 30 silver medals will never happen. 

Do you know 4 Bouncers with a total bench power of 1,200 will lose

VS.

1 United States Marine + 3 toddlers with a total bench power of 201.

Maybe, we should remove bench power from the metaphor.

It over complicates the scenario for simpletons to understand.

More to the On!

Jan 5, 2020, 21:5701/05/20
06/29/19
I agree...my Golden Reaper is at 295 spd and I still lose the first to go in arena...with Lord Shazar as lead too....which I a 33% speed boost to whole team .
Feb 25, 2020, 14:0402/25/20
08/15/19
Harley said:

This times a hundred. I'm also stuck at bronze newbville, (which is filled with legendary and oneshot-kael teams) and I CANNOT progress !!!!
Mar 3, 2020, 12:3503/03/20
10/11/19

I rarely get to go first, my fastest champion is gorgorab at 185. I also use a level 60 kael and apoth. If they are alive past the first volley I feel pretty lucky. My savior is the mountain king, with his 112 speed he usually goes last.  He has 3400 def and 88k hp it takes a while to stop him. Ii equiped him with all immortal. 

Mar 3, 2020, 14:4003/03/20
01/28/20

Not sure about higher tiers of arena but i'm in gold 1 and 2 at the moment and the problem is all the same team builds like rarely some of them got different champs gets bit boring at this point. but I assume there is some other good builds how to win against speed nuke teams.

my suggestion will be like to cap some stats lets say one of them speed people will influenced to use other equipment and champions to compensate speed cap or do some caps on tiers like to make sure new players without champions could do more things in bronze tier and gradually remove cap in top tear etc....
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.