All Categories

Mythical Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mythical Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search
Comments
Sep 1, 2023, 19:5309/01/23
12/19/19

Power creep I expect always, this just seems dumb... I think plarium may have finally jumped the shark for me.  

Though I guess it makes sense if their analysis shows they have critical mass to completely punt f2p beyond just a point of entry to the game. 

Sep 1, 2023, 19:5509/01/23
06/25/20

Ugh I just cannot stand watching these 15 minute videos for five seconds of info. Can't find any other links to this yet either, so I suppose I'll wait for an official announcement.

Sep 1, 2023, 19:5509/01/23
01/19/21

Well, a blind man that has never even heard of Raid could've seen that coming. It's earlier than I thought, but we are after all in the milking stage of the game's life cycle. Or whatever euphemism they used for it. Might as well get it started early, I guess.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Sep 1, 2023, 20:3009/01/23
06/24/19
Trips

Power creep I expect always, this just seems dumb... I think plarium may have finally jumped the shark for me.  

Though I guess it makes sense if their analysis shows they have critical mass to completely punt f2p beyond just a point of entry to the game. 

You think so?  Honestly for me this is no different than a kraken having a +4 fully awakened champion.    Then again I don't particularly care too much about high end PvP.

Sep 1, 2023, 20:5309/01/23
12/19/19
ShortOnSkillz

You think so?  Honestly for me this is no different than a kraken having a +4 fully awakened champion.    Then again I don't particularly care too much about high end PvP.

Tbh, I didn't watch the video... lol.  Just basing on tidbits I picked up in chat.  Combined with the acceleration of everything in game it seems to be a full shift towards a p2p game.

Only way to attract new money is to allow it to compete with old money.  Now it doesn't completely disregard the current game, because the balance is to keep all the old spenders...

Delicate situation, but essentially a soft reboot is in progress imo.  To your point, it just means a further downward migration of f2p expectations.  Not a big deal as their is too much to do anyway.  But will certainly push some away, at no cost/loss to plarium.

Sep 1, 2023, 20:5409/01/23
09/14/20

I think many players will think about stopping to play Raid after this. 

In the last months the GAME has become more of a job (one you have to pay to do) and this powercreep just basically nullifies the year long progression and spending in the game.

Yes, I can see that people are telling that this wil mostly effect PvP...but it will laso have effects on Classic Arena, Live Arena, 3vs3, tournaments and events, CvC with personal rewards, Hydra clash and any new content (if they actually do something new instead of just upping their champs) they might publish.

Basically it is an idea to be expected...but at the same time robbing the rest of enjoyment from the game....

Sep 1, 2023, 20:5909/01/23
Sep 1, 2023, 22:51(edited)
10/08/17

all the champions look super awesome with their 2 sets of skills / I am super excited to get my first Mythical champion (some day soon)  Anyone got a favorite yet from all the different champions revealed?

Think my favorite so far is this Dwarf that Nubs  has....video link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDoBaknZcUM

Sep 1, 2023, 21:5609/01/23
09/19/21

I want to know how to obtain the holographic card set!

Sep 1, 2023, 22:1709/01/23
01/15/21
Trips

They have been pushing ftp from the very top of gameplay for a while, but in reality how many players interact with the krakens?

It wont affect that many ftp players in my mind.

Sep 1, 2023, 22:2409/01/23
10/08/17
Trevor Wilson

They have been pushing ftp from the very top of gameplay for a while, but in reality how many players interact with the krakens?

It wont affect that many ftp players in my mind.

I agree / I hold  my own in Gold V arena and  happy to do so. Never gonna  be Platinum arena..so agree with you. Let the krakens  buy all the Primal shards from the shop...OK with me (after all I want the game to be successful) 

But still hold  on to the hope of someday owning  my first Mythical Champion. Last time I shouted when pulling shards was when I pulled Krisk :)

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Sep 1, 2023, 22:5009/01/23
Sep 1, 2023, 22:52(edited)
06/24/19
Trips

Tbh, I didn't watch the video... lol.  Just basing on tidbits I picked up in chat.  Combined with the acceleration of everything in game it seems to be a full shift towards a p2p game.

Only way to attract new money is to allow it to compete with old money.  Now it doesn't completely disregard the current game, because the balance is to keep all the old spenders...

Delicate situation, but essentially a soft reboot is in progress imo.  To your point, it just means a further downward migration of f2p expectations.  Not a big deal as their is too much to do anyway.  But will certainly push some away, at no cost/loss to plarium.

It'll definitely chase some players away, and I agree it seems to be a soft reset they're shooting for.  I'll reserve full jugdement until we get more info but we've seen the same doom and gloom before.  Empowerment, Awakening, Gear Ascension, etc.  

Some will stay, some will go, some new will join.  IMO though at least one good thing to take away is they are still investing in development of the game.

ShortOnSkillzModerator
Sep 1, 2023, 22:5309/01/23
06/24/19
PriestGuardian

I agree / I hold  my own in Gold V arena and  happy to do so. Never gonna  be Platinum arena..so agree with you. Let the krakens  buy all the Primal shards from the shop...OK with me (after all I want the game to be successful) 

But still hold  on to the hope of someday owning  my first Mythical Champion. Last time I shouted when pulling shards was when I pulled Krisk :)

Best of luck to you, I'm hoping to get my hands on at least one of them too.

Sep 1, 2023, 23:0109/01/23
04/24/22

The entire game currently can be cleared with champions the game had a years ago .. i dont think a new rarity making things simpler/faster and giving more options will change a lot ?

These mythical champion feels nice at first glance .. new ways to play , new players can luck out and get one , progress faster , older player can get one and experiment , etc .. 

I dont think NOT having one will be game breaking for anyone . But thats just my own personal view of it so far ..and disclaimer i dont rly care about plat PVP cuz i can see how mythical champ could cause issues in there when a simple UDK creates waves :P

Sep 1, 2023, 23:0709/01/23
10/08/17
Lyryal

The entire game currently can be cleared with champions the game had a years ago .. i dont think a new rarity making things simpler/faster and giving more options will change a lot ?

These mythical champion feels nice at first glance .. new ways to play , new players can luck out and get one , progress faster , older player can get one and experiment , etc .. 

I dont think NOT having one will be game breaking for anyone . But thats just my own personal view of it so far ..and disclaimer i dont rly care about plat PVP cuz i can see how mythical champ could cause issues in there when a simple UDK creates waves :P

For my account at 8+ mil power I still get beat in every part of this game by FTP players(or whom to claim to be)

The thought that a Mythical champion on my account may allow me to perhaps 2 key UNM CB more regularily than the hit miss I do now from 2-3 key....or the idea I may be able to complete DT HARD for the first time / or the ability to do dungeon farming quicker with a Mythical champion is exciting to me

So anything added to the game that will make my game play faster/easier/and  allow me to achieve greater rewards  is awesome to me

I welcome these Mythical champions and  hope I get the pleasure to own at least 1 someday :))

Sep 1, 2023, 23:2009/01/23
Sep 1, 2023, 23:24(edited)
07/01/22

I mean, there's been that Placeholder Clan Boss to the right of Hydra for awhile now and most people who have been playing for more than 2 years have maxxed all the endgame content so new tiers of Champions and tiers of Content are gonna happen

People announcing they're gonna quit is getting old. First off, happens every time there's some change but also, Plarium has never scrapped big plans like this because a bunch of people threatened to quit.

Primal Shard cost guesses? I mean Sacreds are $15-20 depending on the sale so $40-60 maybe? I guess way more people than the small % of Whales/Krakens are paying $50 for those Eternal Soulstones to give the impression they can charge whatever they want and people will pay

Sep 2, 2023, 06:0109/02/23
Sep 2, 2023, 06:27(edited)
05/03/20

Lets see how they allocate these new champs before we all leave the game.  Will we get one free for login, or fusion or only from some new kind of shard that must be purchased?

There is no guarantee because they have a new name that they will have value in the game.  Look at how many champs are sitting and getting dusty.  

Sep 2, 2023, 06:1509/02/23
11/19/22
Lyryal

Very much agree here. Live Arena is always going to be P2W, regardless of mythical champions. Outside of that, it's nice to see Plarium continue to expand the content of the game. 

Sep 2, 2023, 06:1909/02/23
09/14/20
ShortOnSkillz

It'll definitely chase some players away, and I agree it seems to be a soft reset they're shooting for.  I'll reserve full jugdement until we get more info but we've seen the same doom and gloom before.  Empowerment, Awakening, Gear Ascension, etc.  

Some will stay, some will go, some new will join.  IMO though at least one good thing to take away is they are still investing in development of the game.

I disagree with the thought of investment. 

There is no new game content which would be investment in my opinion.

The only thing they do is adding new champions and new shards you can buy. This is not an investment and should be doable for a very low cost investment: recolor a shard, add some champions with a new set of skills....

The most invested time might be in the graphics and animation department...in which they are really top-notch....but this is not development of the game...it is development of sellable features and not gaming features....