All Categories

anyone else feel like plarium went to far with DD events?

anyone else feel like plarium went to far with DD events?

Search
Comments
Aug 10, 2023, 07:4508/10/23
12/16/22

If I had more multi battles and well yes more energy I could do it , as of right now I only have 25 fragments for Fyr Gun Which is the one I really want.

Aug 10, 2023, 07:4608/10/23
12/16/22

However I will keep pluggin away at it.  HOpe you all get the Champs you want.

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 10, 2023, 08:1108/10/23
02/24/19
Shaghound

However I will keep pluggin away at it.  HOpe you all get the Champs you want.

GO NAVY BEAT ARMY

Good luck!

Aug 10, 2023, 09:2308/10/23
Aug 10, 2023, 09:25(edited)
10/01/22
Angwil

Do you mean you're skipping the chase? If I'm not mistaken there are no more summoning events.  If so I'd advise comparing the reqs for chase and 3rd DD before deciding which one to skip.

yes the chase id be skipping this, i pretty much used all shards i had to hit 25 frags on the bonus event, so not much clue how id be able to do it anyway.

i still have 1200 gems, reserves of energy in clan coins and energy reills etc so im confident i can do all other events, as for the chase i dont think i have the supplies to do it, so hopully by hitting 25 of the frags on the bonus event i can skip it

Aug 10, 2023, 12:1408/10/23
Aug 10, 2023, 12:43(edited)
11/19/22

The worst thing about this fusion isn't the DD energy requirements - it's that every time a dungeon opens for farming for this fusion, the game goes into maintenance mode, interrupting your autobattles! 

I also play Summoners War, and they never shut down the game for maintenance - every now and then there's an update you need to download, that's it.

Perhaps Plarium would consider doing any maintenance shutdowns *before* an event dungeon opens, rather than not long after? :)

Aug 10, 2023, 13:0708/10/23
01/04/21
Fathertron

The worst thing about this fusion isn't the DD energy requirements - it's that every time a dungeon opens for farming for this fusion, the game goes into maintenance mode, interrupting your autobattles! 

I also play Summoners War, and they never shut down the game for maintenance - every now and then there's an update you need to download, that's it.

Perhaps Plarium would consider doing any maintenance shutdowns *before* an event dungeon opens, rather than not long after? :)

Agreed the shutting down for maintenance and updates are annoying.  Especially in a game that takes a truckload of time already and you have to leave your device running to achieve.

It's not unfair to make them hard and burn resources.

Problem is the time.  I am lucky to spot this outage as my timezone is me sleeping.  I would have woken to find my run, using stored autobattles, would have failed.

They have to do something about the time it runs and your device has to be connected and consumed playing the game.  Are you really F2P when you have a $1000 device just playing Raid and you can't use it because the game is just running full time.  Novel concept whatever your fastest compete speed with the team is let it run offline with those champs locked and not available in other content and you can commit X amount of energy, with X runs and when the time runs out they become avaialble again.  Might have to increase the inventory though.

Aug 10, 2023, 17:5008/10/23
05/26/22

If I get one more potion from the Fire Knight I am going to lose my mind. 

Aug 10, 2023, 22:4808/10/23
11/29/20

biggest problem with DD is the time it takes... same with champ leveling.  with so much other stuff to do in the game now, i just dont feel like grinding these events out since they keep raising the time required to complete them.  even pulling more shards takes time since i have to continually clear out space.  it's very demotivating when you level up food and then a champ to 60 and you're only halfway done!

i havent missed a fusion in a long time but now i think i'm going to start being picky so i can take some more time off from the game.  i know a lot of other long time players are in the same boat as me.

Aug 10, 2023, 22:5508/10/23
11/16/20

Thanks to maintenance im going to miss the current DD as I waited for fire knight to start and was going to rsl helper it over night to finish DD, dont have the patience to manually run it now to finish DD. Good thing I got the extra summon rush frags.

This random maintenance always in the middle of a fusion and cvc has to be planned to mess people up. 

Aug 10, 2023, 23:1308/10/23
11/29/20

i save up MB's for these situations.

Aug 10, 2023, 23:2808/10/23
10/01/22
evilized6666

Thanks to maintenance im going to miss the current DD as I waited for fire knight to start and was going to rsl helper it over night to finish DD, dont have the patience to manually run it now to finish DD. Good thing I got the extra summon rush frags.

This random maintenance always in the middle of a fusion and cvc has to be planned to mess people up. 

had about 4 of my clan members post today with this exact issue, they left it on auto to come back to find plarium does an update at terrible timing once again  which stopped there auto runs very early into it, now most of them are left with a very small time frame to complete the DD event, and these people also need to sleep and live there lifes as well. so my heart goes out to them, luckily you have the extra 50 frags to fall back on to, sadly i dont think my clan memebers did so they could very well get screwed out of the fusion that they have already invested mass amount of resources and time into due to a plariums world famous poorly launched updates.

Aug 10, 2023, 23:3408/10/23
Aug 10, 2023, 23:36(edited)
10/01/22
chris

biggest problem with DD is the time it takes... same with champ leveling.  with so much other stuff to do in the game now, i just dont feel like grinding these events out since they keep raising the time required to complete them.  even pulling more shards takes time since i have to continually clear out space.  it's very demotivating when you level up food and then a champ to 60 and you're only halfway done!

i havent missed a fusion in a long time but now i think i'm going to start being picky so i can take some more time off from the game.  i know a lot of other long time players are in the same boat as me.

i agree with this, plariums greed by constantly increasing resources and more importantly time taken to do these events is a business model for them to generate more sales, i think plarium will  start seeing some backlash on this greed because people are becoming less and less motivated like ur self to actually try and do fusions anymore because all it seems they do is keep moving the goal posts, and if it continues like this i think were going to see a decline of people playing raid full stop.

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 11, 2023, 08:4608/11/23
12/30/20
oblivion01332

i agree with this, plariums greed by constantly increasing resources and more importantly time taken to do these events is a business model for them to generate more sales, i think plarium will  start seeing some backlash on this greed because people are becoming less and less motivated like ur self to actually try and do fusions anymore because all it seems they do is keep moving the goal posts, and if it continues like this i think were going to see a decline of people playing raid full stop.

Since you're still hilariously new to the game: a topic I'd like to bring up which has gotten glossed over as this thread has proliferated into more of a complain into the void-fest: 

The difference between now and two years ago (or even a year ago) in terms of the types of resources (including champions) that have been straight up given out is quite stark. Players have been able to sign up in the past 6-7 months and start with Deacon, get Artak for free, get Ronda for free. Thus, the ramp from early to midgame has really never been faster, including the lead up to NM/UNM CB. Growth - including resource accumulation - is exponential. This all means that the run up to Arbiter, aforementioned UNM via Dungeon 20s (if not higher) and Gold 5 has never been faster or easier. 

In a roundabout way I'm getting at what Kram and others have said in terms of perceived difficulty scaling in fusions. I still don't think this or any recent fusion compares to Brogni or Karato, though. 

Picking and choosing fusions has and always will be a thing, FWIW. I could do just about every fusion from a resource standpoint but using good judgment as to where and when we want to devote resources (including your time) is always a good plan. 

Aug 11, 2023, 09:3608/11/23
Aug 11, 2023, 09:38(edited)
10/01/22

im not sure whats hilarious about me playing the game for 9 months to be honest are u implying i have absolutely no idea what im talkin about after playing the game for this long? ur argument has absolute zero value here in my eyes, free daily login champions have nothing to do with plarium increasing DD event requirements do they? and about clanboss etc im again confused by this arguement? these subjects are completely different? we should be greatful plarium updated growth in its game? the company would simply die out if it diddnt? and what i said about plariums greed is truth, iv played virtually every game to exist, and with my hand on my heart i dont think iv ever seen a company as greedy as plarium, trying to push its playerbase on a daily basis to spend, its nothing short of complete overkill. i think the only way people like you and kram with literal years of game play could understand this from a "newer" players POV is you should both start brand new accounts that are completely F2P that dont have years worth of resources waiting at ur fingertips and that dont have instant spider/FK/IG teams that are able to run flawlessly in under 10 seconds - 1 min and and attempt to do the next fusion, infact i think you both should :) and you can get a taste of why people speak the way they do about fusions.

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 11, 2023, 10:4708/11/23
12/30/20
oblivion01332

im not sure whats hilarious about me playing the game for 9 months to be honest are u implying i have absolutely no idea what im talkin about after playing the game for this long? ur argument has absolute zero value here in my eyes, free daily login champions have nothing to do with plarium increasing DD event requirements do they? and about clanboss etc im again confused by this arguement? these subjects are completely different? we should be greatful plarium updated growth in its game? the company would simply die out if it diddnt? and what i said about plariums greed is truth, iv played virtually every game to exist, and with my hand on my heart i dont think iv ever seen a company as greedy as plarium, trying to push its playerbase on a daily basis to spend, its nothing short of complete overkill. i think the only way people like you and kram with literal years of game play could understand this from a "newer" players POV is you should both start brand new accounts that are completely F2P that dont have years worth of resources waiting at ur fingertips and that dont have instant spider/FK/IG teams that are able to run flawlessly in under 10 seconds - 1 min and and attempt to do the next fusion, infact i think you both should :) and you can get a taste of why people speak the way they do about fusions.

Faster track to mid game (and further) = faster track to the worthwhile portions of the game = fastest accumulation of resources, all of which snowballs, all of which gets us in better shape to do fusions (the caveat being resource management)

Have run several F2P accounts and getting one off the ground now is vastly easier than it was before you started up in the game, even truer if we go back to 2021

Aug 11, 2023, 10:5408/11/23
10/01/22
dthorne04

Faster track to mid game (and further) = faster track to the worthwhile portions of the game = fastest accumulation of resources, all of which snowballs, all of which gets us in better shape to do fusions (the caveat being resource management)

Have run several F2P accounts and getting one off the ground now is vastly easier than it was before you started up in the game, even truer if we go back to 2021

Ok for the next fusion i would like you to use one of those f2p accounts (not one thats prestocked with 2k brews and other resources / ridiculous OP champions) and post ur journey through the next fusion for us and let us know resources used and more specifically time taken to do a fusion, i look forward to seeing the outcome of it.

Aug 11, 2023, 15:1208/11/23
12/29/19

Thats a going easy on them DD lol what about only getting 10 points on the champ chase event for rares and no way to win extra fragments in tourny or events yup this my last fusion im done after this and this game is just no joy any more sadly 

Aug 11, 2023, 20:0008/11/23
04/22/20

I am a whale and have spent way too much on this game over the 4ish years I've been playing. If Plarium thinks constantly raising the point requirements in fusions is going to get me to keep spending or spend more they're very wrong. All it does is annoy me, make the game less fun, and make me want to spend less money. Hopefully someone is telling the leadership this. They need a balanced approach, not to wring everything they can out of their players.  

To the people who say save all your resources and play wait shadow legends - that's not fun! People stop playing games that are no longer fun. That is a top business concern as well. 

Aug 11, 2023, 21:2208/11/23
01/15/21
dthorne04

It may be faster for you to get f2p off the ground, but you have considerable experience and that may be a factor. You dont make the mistakes new players make.

Personally as an f2p that has been playing a while ( 3 years) and is past the mid game i think the game has veered more towards pay 2 win in the last year or 2.

The exceptional forge sets and the emphasis on maxxed awakenings are good examples.

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 11, 2023, 22:2908/11/23
12/30/20
Trevor Wilson

It may be faster for you to get f2p off the ground, but you have considerable experience and that may be a factor. You dont make the mistakes new players make.

Personally as an f2p that has been playing a while ( 3 years) and is past the mid game i think the game has veered more towards pay 2 win in the last year or 2.

The exceptional forge sets and the emphasis on maxxed awakenings are good examples.

Very fair point about experience. I don't have the time to run up an account from zero now (abandoned my latest Artak+Deacon start), but I am curious how quickly someone who had experience or was able to grab a bunch of knowledge from good sources could run up an account to NM/UNM, Arbi, etc. When I started in Dec 2020 I was pretty much a dumpster fire at the game and was still quite bad until I got into the right clan, met the right people. 

One of the things I think about now versus then is how easy it is to get dungeon teams off the ground given the free champs that get thrown out. Spider is just massively trivialized now whereas around when we started you absolutely wanted to pull one of the HP burners + MM or Achak ASAP. It does take longer to get Lydia now, though.