All Categories

anyone else feel like plarium went to far with DD events?

anyone else feel like plarium went to far with DD events?

Search
Comments
Aug 9, 2023, 08:3708/09/23
10/01/22
Angwil

What was said, as I read, is simply log in daily, do dailies, and every singl event, tourn, fusion, reward, blue ribbon, etc, should be automatic.

never hoard, never prepare, never plan ahead?

yes I get that 7day log in champs are that easy.  Does that mean everyt in life is that easy?  Do you really want no challenge in life, or in game.

as i said im totally fine with there being a grind to the fusions and i dont think it should be quite as simple as he implied, im just against DD events that drain 6-8k energy a pop :P 

Aug 9, 2023, 09:0408/09/23
06/20/19
oblivion01332

as i said im totally fine with there being a grind to the fusions and i dont think it should be quite as simple as he implied, im just against DD events that drain 6-8k energy a pop :P 

Ok ok, I do agree and think I said above that dd req has increased significantly. First one didn't seem so bad but this second one is crazy.

dd has always (for along time) been my least favoupart of fusions.  as I said above, I believe the current push is to discourage DD and encourage opening shards and spending gems.

the theme was 'you shouldn't have to hord' but that's exactly what they're going for.

they make it very difficult to do the DFW, but they give hotders the easy option of cracking 15 sacred for an 'extra' 50 frags.

that plus the 6 from the first summons, I feel drained of shards.  I'm also about to be tapping into gems, though if I were smart I'd just skip this dd.

Aug 9, 2023, 09:3708/09/23
10/01/22
Angwil

Ok ok, I do agree and think I said above that dd req has increased significantly. First one didn't seem so bad but this second one is crazy.

dd has always (for along time) been my least favoupart of fusions.  as I said above, I believe the current push is to discourage DD and encourage opening shards and spending gems.

the theme was 'you shouldn't have to hord' but that's exactly what they're going for.

they make it very difficult to do the DFW, but they give hotders the easy option of cracking 15 sacred for an 'extra' 50 frags.

that plus the 6 from the first summons, I feel drained of shards.  I'm also about to be tapping into gems, though if I were smart I'd just skip this dd.

i agree the extra frag event was aimed at spenders, but even if you did complete that one ud still have to do at least 1 of the DD i im not mistaken, and heck ur nearly out of shards? i AM out of shards :D im relying on my 30 day login reward for the last sacred to hit one of the 25 frag rewards from this event, then i some how need to get enough shards / summons to bs my way through the last summon event we get.

Aug 9, 2023, 13:0108/09/23
Aug 9, 2023, 13:03(edited)
06/20/19
oblivion01332

i agree the extra frag event was aimed at spenders, but even if you did complete that one ud still have to do at least 1 of the DD i im not mistaken, and heck ur nearly out of shards? i AM out of shards :D im relying on my 30 day login reward for the last sacred to hit one of the 25 frag rewards from this event, then i some how need to get enough shards / summons to bs my way through the last summon event we get.

Yes you have to do at least one of the dd.  The first was not that bad. My mistake was trying to get 'breathing' room with the second dd.  I still have a long way to go but can do it. I guess I will continue and get it bc you never know what changes Plarium will come up with in the next event/Tourny.

Aug 9, 2023, 13:5408/09/23
12/18/19
Angwil

What was said, as I read, is simply log in daily, do dailies, and every singl event, tourn, fusion, reward, blue ribbon, etc, should be automatic.

never hoard, never prepare, never plan ahead?

yes I get that 7day log in champs are that easy.  Does that mean everyt in life is that easy?  Do you really want no challenge in life, or in game.

what im saying is that events like fusions should be available for everyone as long as they put in the work, at the moment you can log in waste your daily resources and you´ll never get it done.

I honestly dont understand why a normal game system like this seems so out of this world for many people.

And because of comments like  "???  rubish " this system will never change, people need to get out of their stockholm syndrome and demand better stuff.

Aug 9, 2023, 14:5808/09/23
12/19/19
sharkium

what im saying is that events like fusions should be available for everyone as long as they put in the work, at the moment you can log in waste your daily resources and you´ll never get it done.

I honestly dont understand why a normal game system like this seems so out of this world for many people.

And because of comments like  "???  rubish " this system will never change, people need to get out of their stockholm syndrome and demand better stuff.

Strongly disagree. 

It's not Stockholm syndrome, it's having realistic expectations if you are f2p.  If you don't understand the concept of a business attempting to maximize revenue than you will forever be disappointed in the evolution of this game.  

Aug 9, 2023, 15:0208/09/23
06/20/19
sharkium

Opinions vary.  I personally don't think grand prizes should be available to everyone that logs in and does daily.  Now you mention doing the work.  But don't seem to realize that part of that is saving up resources.  Which requires having a pipeline of resources.

doing the work is more than logging in everyday and doing dailies.

Aug 9, 2023, 15:4708/09/23
12/18/19
Trips

Strongly disagree. 

It's not Stockholm syndrome, it's having realistic expectations if you are f2p.  If you don't understand the concept of a business attempting to maximize revenue than you will forever be disappointed in the evolution of this game.  

I understand it full well that all the higher ups understand is money, now i also understand that if people would stop spending just for 3 days altogether, some changes to the game that people want would come oh so fast, but ya it is what it is i guess, theres always some guy who will buy a nothingburger to gain some "edge" 😁

Aug 9, 2023, 16:2608/09/23
05/26/22

The goal is for Palarium to make money off of these events. They have to drain people's resources to make this happen. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Aug 9, 2023, 16:3508/09/23
01/15/21

As an FTP yes the fusions and DD in particular uses a lot of resources

But by only doing the fusions I really want I can always do the fusions I want such as gnut

They want us to spend at the end of the day which is understandable.

I think as FTP just accept you have to pick your fusions 

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 9, 2023, 23:1608/09/23
Aug 9, 2023, 23:18(edited)
02/24/19

I def see the higher point requirements and the different points of view on how hard or easy fusions should be.

Has anyone looked into the fact we now have an easier time clearing points per run? Spider h10, Dragon h10 and IG h10 are fast, as fast or faster than my 25 in most of those, the same energy cost as normal 25, and drops vastly better gear. This means I get more points per click I make on my phone and time I work in to run dungeons.

With the release of the Hard Dungeons, I wouldn't expect costs of fusions to remain the same. Even if there is slightly more efficient or same energy/run farming at n20, the time issue is real. The cost of my time in completion of a fusion is part of the reason I might would need to buy a pack or drop many shards in the bonus summon rush.

Like Angwil I do a lot to all of my fusions on mobile, and h10 on super raids is such a nicer way to do it than a year+ ago on Normal 20 only. Fusions like Brogni were a true grind, and exponentially harder than this higher than previous (yet longer) divers. That and Karato are still, for me at least, the toughest fusions. Both were hybrids like this, both required a ton of resources for me at the time, and both had zero room for error and no extra bonus events out there really.

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 9, 2023, 23:2208/09/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Yeah alright I'll change my mind on this one - the DD points are higher than I expected. Not a big deal for me since I can just skip it, but I could see the me-from-last-year being annoyed.

Still - I don't think it should come as a surprise. Plarium needs to make it tempting to spend. That's their business model. If it's easy to do these without pain, then people simply won't spend.

I just finished Divers yesterday, wasn't actually as bad as I thought. I needed the silver for enhancement anyhow, and ran hIG until that was done, then checked into hSpider for some super fast runs until I had both silver and my DD points.

I don't plan on doing anything in the bonus Summon Rush, low on shards from trying for meta nukers anyways.

Basically I didn't find it as difficult as others, but we'll see how DD3 shapes up pointwise. That may finally get me.... hahaha

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 9, 2023, 23:4508/09/23
02/24/19

So I posted those messages and have been thinking about why this fusion feels so easy compared to the previous Hybrids and I think I got it.

There's no rares, and everything associated with them.

There's no ranking up of rares to cost you resources like in the other hybrids, nor the time spent running them through campaign. There's also no worry about missing a single unique rare and then not finishing.

If anything, those resources to rank up the rares are just in the DD2 numbers. At least that seems likely to me. 

Aug 10, 2023, 00:2208/10/23
Aug 10, 2023, 00:28(edited)
02/11/22

My 2 cents on this. I kinda agree with the lad who mentions something about fusions that should be much easier to get using daily/frere resources. Here i'm not only counting you +1 energy every 3 minutes and the 3 and half pots we get with quests and hourly play.

Take those, add doom tower, add the calendar resources, etc. etc,,.. all those should be enough. And they are pretty close to being enough to be honest.

Those of you who maintain the hard line "fusions should be hard to get". I say bollocks. Most of the fusions are ok champions, but nothing that break the game (i repeat... "most"). Spenders dont get ahead with those champions but with all the harder ones to get. (think almost all the void ones). So what if Joe Shmo gets his Pythion a bit more easily? what does that do to the big boys? NOTHING

What i strongly disagree with in terms of their current approach is to force people to spend more than 5 hours a day on this game. 5 hours is already borderline insane to spend daily on a game. When forced to play 7-8 hrs just to complete tasks required for fusions... That's a bit too much. All you guys with Kymars and champions like this that enable speed runs, please abstain yourself from replying, your opinion doesnt count LOL

Aug 10, 2023, 02:1408/10/23
10/01/22
harleQuinn

I def see the higher point requirements and the different points of view on how hard or easy fusions should be.

Has anyone looked into the fact we now have an easier time clearing points per run? Spider h10, Dragon h10 and IG h10 are fast, as fast or faster than my 25 in most of those, the same energy cost as normal 25, and drops vastly better gear. This means I get more points per click I make on my phone and time I work in to run dungeons.

With the release of the Hard Dungeons, I wouldn't expect costs of fusions to remain the same. Even if there is slightly more efficient or same energy/run farming at n20, the time issue is real. The cost of my time in completion of a fusion is part of the reason I might would need to buy a pack or drop many shards in the bonus summon rush.

Like Angwil I do a lot to all of my fusions on mobile, and h10 on super raids is such a nicer way to do it than a year+ ago on Normal 20 only. Fusions like Brogni were a true grind, and exponentially harder than this higher than previous (yet longer) divers. That and Karato are still, for me at least, the toughest fusions. Both were hybrids like this, both required a ton of resources for me at the time, and both had zero room for error and no extra bonus events out there really.

im assuming the fact ur saying its easier to get pts etc is because ur running a 10 second hard spider team? if so that certainly does take the sting out of the time factor with it which is one of the main issues for me paired with energy requirement, however without that i think its fair to say you would need to dedicate 8-10 hrs a day of game play to achieve the requirements, which is seriously an overkill on time for a mobile game.

also quick question for u all, i decided to attempt this additional summon event and i was not as lucky as id hoped with my sacreds from cb etc, i did however manage to get 25 of the fragments from this bonus event, does this mean i could technically skip the next summon event as long as i do all the other events?

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 10, 2023, 02:3108/10/23
12/30/20
harleQuinn

I just finished Divers yesterday, wasn't actually as bad as I thought. I needed the silver for enhancement anyhow, and ran hIG until that was done, then checked into hSpider for some super fast runs until I had both silver and my DD points.

I don't plan on doing anything in the bonus Summon Rush, low on shards from trying for meta nukers anyways.

Basically I didn't find it as difficult as others, but we'll see how DD3 shapes up pointwise. That may finally get me.... hahaha

So after the sticker price wore off, after discussing with you about it and doing a bit of thinking, I'm softening a bit on this.

One of the (and I think it might be flawed) ways I was looking at this was the resources we're receiving in game in a very narrow view (energy), rather than from a longer view when we just got a free champ like Artak (the very best free PvE champ ever, I think) who destroys end game content. His value is enormous and I'm not quite sure how to quantify that. 

I do worry about those who aren't able to clear Hard Doom Tower yet, aren't just piling resources left and right. That said, I do think that now moreso than ever folks have to be cognizant of their resource management as well as probably skipping fusions from time to time. 

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 10, 2023, 04:4608/10/23
12/30/20
oblivion01332

im assuming the fact ur saying its easier to get pts etc is because ur running a 10 second hard spider team? if so that certainly does take the sting out of the time factor with it which is one of the main issues for me paired with energy requirement, however without that i think its fair to say you would need to dedicate 8-10 hrs a day of game play to achieve the requirements, which is seriously an overkill on time for a mobile game.

also quick question for u all, i decided to attempt this additional summon event and i was not as lucky as id hoped with my sacreds from cb etc, i did however manage to get 25 of the fragments from this bonus event, does this mean i could technically skip the next summon event as long as i do all the other events?

8-10 hours, que? I guess if one is never upgrading their teams, trying to run terribly suboptimal dungeon comps then sure. if that's the case then that person really, really needs to work on their teams. 

to answer your question: as long as you can get to 400 fragments, you can skip whatever you want. 

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 10, 2023, 05:0208/10/23
02/24/19
oblivion01332

That's precisely what I'm saying. My Spider h10 team is like almost 30 seconds on my phone cause it's a Husk and RG comp, but basically it's super fast and generates me tons of points for my time investment.

Dragon h10 runs are under 1.5 minutes, so they're easy to knock out too. Setting up super raids and hitting start with 60ish daily autos almost always gives me a full compliment of a particular dungeon tourney, takes 30-90 minutes on Dragon and Spider, a couple hours in IG and about 75 on FK (where I run a 50 second Stage 25 team).

To be fair, I've worked a long time to get speed teams locked in. Before the hard dungeons I had fast as I could make them Stage 20 teams just to minimize the time commitments. I definitely had to focus that though, when I was unhappy with the huge time crunch fusions were requiring.

And yeah, this divers was more for sure, but as I metioned above, I would guess there is certainly a cost reflected here in getting to skip the entire Rare Champ Phase of a Hybrid Fusion . We shall see on DD3 if the points are again like DD2 or back down again to DD1 and others.

PS, getting the bonus 25 should let you skip something else on your way to 400 Epic Fragments, absolutely. .

Aug 10, 2023, 05:4908/10/23
10/01/22
dthorne04

8-10 hours, que? I guess if one is never upgrading their teams, trying to run terribly suboptimal dungeon comps then sure. if that's the case then that person really, really needs to work on their teams. 

to answer your question: as long as you can get to 400 fragments, you can skip whatever you want. 

i think its fair to say most people arent running high end dungeons at that speed, especially fk/ig etc, so ya the average person will be spending a lot longer than harle doing these DD for sure.

as for the frags thank god im skiping the next summon event.

Aug 10, 2023, 06:5108/10/23
06/20/19
oblivion01332

i think its fair to say most people arent running high end dungeons at that speed, especially fk/ig etc, so ya the average person will be spending a lot longer than harle doing these DD for sure.

as for the frags thank god im skiping the next summon event.

Do you mean you're skipping the chase? If I'm not mistaken there are no more summoning events.  If so I'd advise comparing the reqs for chase and 3rd DD before deciding which one to skip.