All Categories

Post Maintenance Freeze caused me to Lose Kymar

Post Maintenance Freeze caused me to Lose Kymar

Search
Comments
Aug 2, 2023, 02:2608/02/23
05/03/20
Mont_ster

Maybe but the timing of the update was still terrible. 

Why would they decide to do it at the end of a huge tournament, when many people will be hard pulling instead of taking the first 10 or 15 minutes out of non-personal CvC that has days left to go? It doesn't even make financial sense for them to do that 

Why Plarium does many of the things it does will be a mystery for the ages.  I agree with you.  But, they have their own ways.  

Aug 2, 2023, 02:5708/02/23
Aug 2, 2023, 02:59(edited)
04/24/22

Im honestly surprised that nobody pointed you out that 11mins is playing it risky ... power outage , internet outage , pc freezing , being 3-4 players sniping 1st place , etc , so many scenarios where you still end up 2nd possible ... 

Also surprise that you went so hard on a tournament but in the end were carefully pulling to barely pass 1st place , just to save few pulls ? 

Aug 2, 2023, 03:1208/02/23
04/16/22
Lyryal

Im honestly surprised that nobody pointed you out that 11mins is playing it risky ... power outage , internet outage , pc freezing , being 3-4 players sniping 1st place , etc , so many scenarios where you still end up 2nd possible ... 

Also surprise that you went so hard on a tournament but in the end were carefully pulling to barely pass 1st place , just to save few pulls ? 

I suppose it's a matter of perspective on the 11 min. Eleven minutes would've been more than enough time for me to pull everything I had and I was prepared to do so if necessary. I also had 36 sacreds and 200 ancients I could've pulled if needed. 

But I didn't get 11 min. Even with the extremely limited time I had, I pulled 8 legendary champs from the portal. I wasn't pulling carefully to barely pass first; I was ferociously pulling my shards to the last second

Aug 2, 2023, 03:3108/02/23
04/24/22
Mont_ster

I suppose it's a matter of perspective on the 11 min. Eleven minutes would've been more than enough time for me to pull everything I had and I was prepared to do so if necessary. I also had 36 sacreds and 200 ancients I could've pulled if needed. 

But I didn't get 11 min. Even with the extremely limited time I had, I pulled 8 legendary champs from the portal. I wasn't pulling carefully to barely pass first; I was ferociously pulling my shards to the last second

It may have been enough but you shouldve planned better .. 11mins is NOT enough to compensate any other possible scenarios i mentioned in the reply you quoted from me . 

Heck if you'd given yourself more time , you wouldnt be in this situation either . 

Aug 2, 2023, 03:5508/02/23
05/03/20

I dont play many games.  Is random server maintenace common?  This is the first game I have played where it is an issue.  

Aug 2, 2023, 04:1808/02/23
10/01/22
ClosedPoly

I dont play many games.  Is random server maintenace common?  This is the first game I have played where it is an issue.  

its only an issue when they do the updates at ridiculous times, as standard they should not be doing ANY update in the final moments of a tourny ending or in the last 10 mins of a cvc etc, its just absurb, its a really common thing for people to go heavy handed in the last 5-10 mins of a tourny and cvc.

Aug 2, 2023, 04:2308/02/23
10/01/22
Lyryal

i dont know what ur clan is like but during the last 5 mins of a cvc my clan can drop 500k + points, completely normal for people to do this.

Aug 2, 2023, 04:4308/02/23
04/24/22
oblivion01332

i dont know what ur clan is like but during the last 5 mins of a cvc my clan can drop 500k + points, completely normal for people to do this.

?  

And your point is ? 

Never said it wasnt normal but OP did shot himself in the foot by not giving himself more time before the tournament ended ..

Aug 2, 2023, 05:1908/02/23
05/03/20
oblivion01332

its only an issue when they do the updates at ridiculous times, as standard they should not be doing ANY update in the final moments of a tourny ending or in the last 10 mins of a cvc etc, its just absurb, its a really common thing for people to go heavy handed in the last 5-10 mins of a tourny and cvc.

Plarium does not know how their customer base plays or they just dont care?

Aug 2, 2023, 06:0908/02/23
10/01/22
Lyryal

?  

And your point is ? 

Never said it wasnt normal but OP did shot himself in the foot by not giving himself more time before the tournament ended ..

actually u will find he diddnt shoot him self in the foot, it was plarium that shot him in the face.

on a serious note plarium should not be doing updates 10 mins before tourny and cvcs ends, period fact and period, im sure if the OP failed to get the champ from his own mistakes he would take it on the chin like anyone else, but thats not the case here. 

Aug 2, 2023, 06:0908/02/23
10/01/22
ClosedPoly

Plarium does not know how their customer base plays or they just dont care?

probably both

Aug 2, 2023, 15:2508/02/23
Aug 3, 2023, 04:07(edited)
08/14/22

I see a good chance for Plarium to gain some karma points.

It'd be nice if this man got Kymar as a compensation regardless of his place. I'd like to see that the company can acknowledge it's mistake.

When you organize a marathon you don't start roadwork at the finish line 10 minutes before the end. Just don't.

Aug 2, 2023, 15:5708/02/23
06/25/20

I just wouldn't hold my breath. As someone else mentioned earlier, the precedent this would cause would just be too much to handle, especially given that it's now "public" information.

Aug 2, 2023, 16:2908/02/23
10/01/22
kramaswamy.kr

I just wouldn't hold my breath. As someone else mentioned earlier, the precedent this would cause would just be too much to handle, especially given that it's now "public" information.

a precedent does not have to be set over this, they just need to not to launch updates at key points, this is a live and learn moment and they should acknowledge the mistake and compensate for it, but i agree plarium will probably give him a fight to get this in his favour even if its there fault in the long run.

Aug 2, 2023, 19:5808/02/23
09/14/20
sunseamer

I see a good chance for Plarium to gain some karma points.

It'd be nice if this man got Kymar as a compensation regardless of his place. I'd like to see that the company can acknowledge it's mistake.

When you organize a marathon you don't start roadwork at the finish line 10 minutes before the end. Just don't.

Yeah, in that case I would always aim for 2md spot and than complain that something did not work...I am sure I can get many great stuff with a system like this.

Okay, I know that was very sarcastic...but  I cannot see any realistic chance that Plarium will do this...even I would not do this...

Aug 2, 2023, 21:5508/02/23
04/16/22
Matrim

Yeah, in that case I would always aim for 2md spot and than complain that something did not work...I am sure I can get many great stuff with a system like this.

Okay, I know that was very sarcastic...but  I cannot see any realistic chance that Plarium will do this...even I would not do this...

You're missing the fact that I can prove that I pulled the champion while the tournament was active. 

There's a huge difference between giving proof that plarium made a mistake and just crying wolf. I don't want special treatment, I just want the game to work how they say it should. 

Aug 2, 2023, 22:3808/02/23
05/03/20
Mont_ster

You're missing the fact that I can prove that I pulled the champion while the tournament was active. 

There's a huge difference between giving proof that plarium made a mistake and just crying wolf. I don't want special treatment, I just want the game to work how they say it should. 

Anyone who plays this game for a while understands "server maintenance".  Plarium has decided it is another random obstacle, similar to RNG, to overcome.  This highlights the risks of waiting to the last minute to get the lead.  

Plarium never has indemnified us for their mistakes or bad management.  

Aug 2, 2023, 22:5408/02/23
Aug 3, 2023, 00:41(edited)
10/01/22
Matrim

in fairness he has detailed time stamped pictures, he was a few 100 pts from top spot and he actually pulled the last champ he needed to come first place, the champion was in his inventory when he logged back in ater the game crashed, and pts werent given, i understand it puts plarium in a bad place but they must surely understand the time of the update they launched contributed to this, you cant just ignore the fact they just screwed a player over who must have invested insanely into the resources needed to do what he did (maybe this guy even spent decent amount of $ with plarium to get these resources idk?), only to be screwed by an update at the last second, which iv already stated they should NOT be doing ANY update at the end of a tourny or cvc its just common sense, just imagine this scenario in cvc happening in the last 5 mins of personal cvc, i wouldnt want to be on the plarium email support team when that happens.

Aug 10, 2023, 23:4108/10/23
10/01/22

@Mont_ster  im curious to know how plarium handled this in the end, would u mind giving us an update?

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 11, 2023, 08:1008/11/23
12/30/20
oblivion01332

@Mont_ster  im curious to know how plarium handled this in the end, would u mind giving us an update?

Private communications between Support and players aren't meant to be shared in a public setting, per the forum rules which you can find here: https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/105319_raid-official-forum-rules/

In the future, please don't ask players for information regarding their communications with support. Just as an FYI this time: the Kymar case is still being investigated. 

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.