All Categories

Hello and goodbye!

Hello and goodbye!

Search
Jul 17, 2023, 10:3207/17/23
05/23/21

Hello and goodbye!

After approximately 2+ years, I have finally made the decision to leave the game, at least temporarily. My choice is primarily influenced by the fact that the game is increasingly leaning towards a "pay-to-win" model. Although I consider myself somewhat of a purist and prefer playing games in "hard mode," I have occasionally invested in non pay-to-win elements, such as resources, as a way to support the things I love.

While it was possible to enjoy the game in this manner before, it has become increasingly futile now. The recent introduction of the expensive "pool" feature is the final straw for me, as it is simply too costly (although it may not be the case for everyone) and represents one of the most blatant examples of this issue. Furthermore, I am bothered by other forms of favoritism, such as exclusivity for iOS users or limited to Prime members.

Despite these concerns, I have had a lot of fun playing the game. Perhaps I will consider returning in the future. Regardless, I wish everyone the best of luck.

Warm regards, Snakefist 

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Jul 17, 2023, 10:5607/17/23
02/24/19

You're leaving right before Prisms pop up in the spider tourney to get for free!

But best wishes! Glad you had fun the past two years.

Jul 17, 2023, 12:0307/17/23
09/14/20
harleQuinn

You're leaving right before Prisms pop up in the spider tourney to get for free!

But best wishes! Glad you had fun the past two years.

Well, you need 6500 points in the tournament to get 20 Prism crystals equalling a single pull. 

Even with my rather well developped account, this is about 1800 energy...so I would not rate it for free.

With better rewards, I would have been running Spider now...but actually...I will ignore both the Spider Turn event AND the prism pool for most of the time now...

Jul 17, 2023, 14:2807/17/23
12/19/19
Matrim

Well, you need 6500 points in the tournament to get 20 Prism crystals equalling a single pull. 

Even with my rather well developped account, this is about 1800 energy...so I would not rate it for free.

With better rewards, I would have been running Spider now...but actually...I will ignore both the Spider Turn event AND the prism pool for most of the time now...

<100 spider runs during CvC with multiple overlapping events and you are passing?

You are smarter than that

Jul 17, 2023, 14:3507/17/23
Jul 17, 2023, 14:36(edited)
09/14/20
Trips

<100 spider runs during CvC with multiple overlapping events and you are passing?

No, I am dumb enough to hate CvC as the rewards are not really relevant in comparison to the ressources you spend and you actually have to win to get personal rewards.

Half of my clan left over the last months partly because of CvC...and soul summoning...and this Ghost Shaolin...and so on...

Jul 17, 2023, 15:2107/17/23
12/19/19
Matrim

No, I am dumb enough to hate CvC as the rewards are not really relevant in comparison to the ressources you spend and you actually have to win to get personal rewards.

Half of my clan left over the last months partly because of CvC...and soul summoning...and this Ghost Shaolin...and so on...

Even ignoring CvC, you can't rationalize skipping...

Cmon man! Unless you never plan to run spider again, you aren't that dumb AND stubborn? 

Jul 17, 2023, 15:4107/17/23
02/28/19

Trips, do you work for Plarium?  Honest question.

Jul 17, 2023, 15:5207/17/23
12/19/19
zhaded33

Trips, do you work for Plarium?  Honest question.

Lol. No I'm a f2p grinder that wastes far too much time on this game. For far too long...

Jul 17, 2023, 16:0007/17/23
Jul 17, 2023, 16:02(edited)
12/16/22

new shards just to get rare champs, I am not excited. First pull Beast Wrestler. I love the Game but the champs I need for live arena and other content are not Rares, I need Trunda and Geo

Jul 17, 2023, 16:0207/17/23
09/07/21

Yeah the rares in the pool are a cavalcade of nope.

Jul 17, 2023, 16:2907/17/23
02/28/19
Trips

Lol. No I'm a f2p grinder that wastes far too much time on this game. For far too long...

Lol.  Just checking.  f2pish here too.  I'll by the monthly crystal deal, and occasionally i'll pick up an inexpensive offer. 

Jul 17, 2023, 16:3907/17/23
12/19/19
zhaded33

Lol.  Just checking.  f2pish here too.  I'll by the monthly crystal deal, and occasionally i'll pick up an inexpensive offer. 

Another mostly virgin :) Almost pregnant too? 😆 

Jul 17, 2023, 17:2707/17/23
02/28/19
Trips

Another mostly virgin :) Almost pregnant too? 😆 

LOL

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 17, 2023, 19:5807/17/23
02/24/19
Trips

Hard to argue with rewards that are baked into the things I'm going to do naturally during CVC.

Jul 17, 2023, 21:5907/17/23
06/03/23

Is it true if you quit for90 days you come back to a free lego?

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 17, 2023, 22:3607/17/23
02/24/19

Is it true if you quit for90 days you come back to a free lego?

No, it's not true

Jul 18, 2023, 02:2507/18/23
10/01/22

i feel ur pain op, iv played many games in my time its fair to say raid is on some next level when it comes to p2win, but we do also have the option to spend and not to spend, i think i will probably start feeling the same way you do when i hit near end game and pvp is my primary focus. but ya it really wouldnt kill plarium to be less greedy.

Jul 18, 2023, 14:1007/18/23
05/26/22

Honestly, games should be played to have fun. If you aren't having fun, don't play the game. 

Jul 18, 2023, 14:4007/18/23
06/03/23
Shibb

Honestly, games should be played to have fun. If you aren't having fun, don't play the game. 

That kind of statement has some gas lighting elements to it.  The game is a Skinner Box.  It's designed to addict co-dependent, low selfesteem, validation seeking, and approval seeking individuals.  It works.  

One of the primary reasons you see so much anger here is due to reactive abuse of the games victims lashing out against their "lover", whom they are completely devoted to and yet, nothing they do is good enough for their "lover".   Imagine being conditioned to seek abuse because, you know there will be a reward.

It's a literal punishment and reward system that is entirely controled by the sadist and the mascist simply can't stop seeking the negative and positive stimulus of the sadist due to in part the Dopamine addiction cycle this abuse creates in some individuals.  

Yes, games are supposed to be fun.  This isn't a game.  It's a corporation that deals in Dopamine.

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 18, 2023, 15:4807/18/23
Jul 18, 2023, 19:13(edited)
12/30/20

That kind of statement has some gas lighting elements to it.  The game is a Skinner Box.  It's designed to addict co-dependent, low selfesteem, validation seeking, and approval seeking individuals.  It works.  

One of the primary reasons you see so much anger here is due to reactive abuse of the games victims lashing out against their "lover", whom they are completely devoted to and yet, nothing they do is good enough for their "lover".   Imagine being conditioned to seek abuse because, you know there will be a reward.

It's a literal punishment and reward system that is entirely controled by the sadist and the mascist simply can't stop seeking the negative and positive stimulus of the sadist due to in part the Dopamine addiction cycle this abuse creates in some individuals.  

Yes, games are supposed to be fun.  This isn't a game.  It's a corporation that deals in Dopamine.

I do so love my early morning armchair psychology, and one that absolves others of personal responsibility or choice. Regardless to many people it is that simple. If they don't enjoy playing a game or doing an activity, they stop. If folks have issues with that, then perhaps they should seek some help. 

Please do not try to take your lens of the world and apply your value to what Shibb was saying. At its core "do the things you like to do, don't do the things you don't like to do" when we have a choice is a valid one, devoid of whatever cynical nonsense you're applying to it. I would say OPs post shows someone making a conscious decision to stop doing something they're not enjoying.

Lots of places to jump on your soapbox and this isn't one of 'em. Furthermore, please leave your lovely comparisons of a literal game to domestic abuse at the door. 

Jul 18, 2023, 19:0507/18/23
06/03/23
dthorne04

I do so love my early morning armchair psychology, and one that absolves others of personal responsibility or choice. Regardless to many people it is that simple. If they don't enjoy playing a game or doing an activity, they stop. If folks have issues with that, then perhaps they should seek some help. 

Please do not try to take your lens of the world and apply your value to what Shibb was saying. At its core "do the things you like to do, don't do the things you don't like to do" when we have a choice is a valid one, devoid of whatever cynical nonsense you're applying to it. I would say OPs post shows someone making a conscious decision to stop doing something they're not enjoying.

Lots of places to jump on your soapbox and this isn't one of 'em. Furthermore, please leave your lovely comparisons of a literal game to domestic abuse at the door. 

This is called gas lighting ad triangulation.  Note how a ligitimate issue is simply minimised doscarded and turned into, "You're just negative, ignorant and bad!" .

Please, note that this individual is compleely ignorant of any of the pertenint facts or data.  All he wants is the version of his false reality to remain true and not be eposed.

It's not just a game it's a corperation.  Enjoy your make believe world of "personal repsonsibility!"

Another fact, the kind of person that preaches personal responsibility is the kind of person to complain when they're effect by outside forces, because, control.  But, for everyone else, it's all your fault, there are no outside forces that are beyond your choice.