All Categories

What’s Next in Raid? Episode 6

What’s Next in Raid? Episode 6

Search
Comments
Mar 2, 2023, 08:0403/02/23
02/11/22
s0LLe

I have a suggestion and I don't know where to give it. The game is very cool and very much a collectible. I think it will be super interesting if we add characters from certain movies like Lord of the Rings, Avatar, Game of Thrones. Whole factions with such characters can be made, and fans of this film will do everything possible to get hold of them. 

There is at least one. Roric = Sandor Clegane from Games of Thrones

OracleCommunity Manager
Mar 2, 2023, 12:5103/02/23
03/02/21

Hi, folks! I would like to address some of the most often-asked questions.

Live Arena, most likely, will be available for a limited time per day, but during those available time slots you will be able to fight as many times, as how many Live Arena Tokens you have, which means potentially more than 4 fights a day.

We also will take into account your request not to make Live Arena not too insistent content.

Mar 2, 2023, 13:1403/02/23
12/19/19
Oracle

Hi, folks! I would like to address some of the most often-asked questions.

Live Arena, most likely, will be available for a limited time per day, but during those available time slots you will be able to fight as many times, as how many Live Arena Tokens you have, which means potentially more than 4 fights a day.

We also will take into account your request not to make Live Arena not too insistent content.

Can we expect hard mode and qol updates soon? I couldn' tcare less if live arena is delayed until 2025...

Mar 2, 2023, 17:3703/02/23
01/19/21
Trips

Can we expect hard mode and qol updates soon? I couldn' tcare less if live arena is delayed until 2025...

Personally, I'm hoping it'll be delayed far longer than that. As far as I'm concerned, the way it is implemented, it's a net negative for the game as a whole.

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 2, 2023, 20:0103/02/23
12/30/20
EGDNIT

Personally, I'm hoping it'll be delayed far longer than that. As far as I'm concerned, the way it is implemented, it's a net negative for the game as a whole.

Assuming you mean specifically Live Arena:

What are the issues you have?

What would you like to see different or changed about it?

Mar 2, 2023, 22:1403/02/23
01/19/21
dthorne04

Assuming you mean specifically Live Arena:

What are the issues you have?

What would you like to see different or changed about it?

Well, it's not going to matter because literally everyone already knows about this and chose to ignore it, but alright...

The game is time consuming as it is. Extremely so in comparison to the return. However, PvE for the most part doesn't require my active participation, so it's not overly bothersome. PvE progression is also something that can be done at whatever pace I want because it is static, and fusions aside, it's really not that big of a deal if I'm gone for a week.

Not so with PvP. Not only do I have to be there to pick the fights and play them out, but then there's the refreshing every 15 minutes which makes it inconvenient and disruptive in addition to being time consuming. If I ignore PvP for a week, I will drop in rank and lose out on GH medals, forge materials, tournament points, tier stat bonuses and so on. Tag team, for all the criticism it gets, is actually better in that regard, because it actually is optional unlike the classic arena, which is more like... "optional". Yes, I could ignore it. I could also only use 4* items instead of 6*. It'd hold me back approximately the same, yet I doubt anyone would seriously suggest that it's a viable long-term strategy to do that. Tag team, at least, is more like a nice bonus, but not a critical one. In both cases though, it forces me to play the game at a pace set by others, not by myself.

My GH is now fully upgraded and the loss limit in the classic arena allows me to maintain my rank without too much stress. Tag team is still tag team with all the horrible design choices it involves, but like I said, it's not something I feel particularly pressured into. I'm finally at a point where PvP doesn't really bother me, and it's entirely because I don't have to participate in it. Oh don't get me wrong, the classic arena is still utter trash, possibly the worst implementation of PvP I've ever seen in a game (though admittedly I don't have a lot of references), but just sitting in G5 is doable with minimal effort at least, so I don't want to rock the boat and inevitably make it worse.

Enter live PvP, which is everything I hate about the non-live PvP, but much much worse. Matchmaking will take time. The team pick/ban will take time. The matches themselves will take time. On top of it, I have to plan my life around the time when it's even available. All of that I could live with, if I didn't have to participate. But I do. There will be quests. There will be tournaments, quite possibly some required to complete fusions. There's a fresh new hell in GH 2.0, Gotta-Catch-em-All Edition. CvC points, tier bonuses, and who knows what else. And yeah, I could just not do it. Sure. I could also play the game with my feet. It's doable. Awfully inconvenient though.

So if you want a TLDR: the game is time consuming and stressful enough as it is. PvP is by far the worst offender in that regard. Adding more of it, in an implementation that promises to absolutely dwarf the previous ones in both regards, is really not the direction I want to see. Make it optional and I won't have a problem with it (what an interesting and fresh concept; adding a feature to a game just for fun), but right now it appears to be about as optional as running dungeons is.

Mar 3, 2023, 07:4503/03/23
01/15/21
EGDNIT

Well, it's not going to matter because literally everyone already knows about this and chose to ignore it, but alright...

The game is time consuming as it is. Extremely so in comparison to the return. However, PvE for the most part doesn't require my active participation, so it's not overly bothersome. PvE progression is also something that can be done at whatever pace I want because it is static, and fusions aside, it's really not that big of a deal if I'm gone for a week.

Not so with PvP. Not only do I have to be there to pick the fights and play them out, but then there's the refreshing every 15 minutes which makes it inconvenient and disruptive in addition to being time consuming. If I ignore PvP for a week, I will drop in rank and lose out on GH medals, forge materials, tournament points, tier stat bonuses and so on. Tag team, for all the criticism it gets, is actually better in that regard, because it actually is optional unlike the classic arena, which is more like... "optional". Yes, I could ignore it. I could also only use 4* items instead of 6*. It'd hold me back approximately the same, yet I doubt anyone would seriously suggest that it's a viable long-term strategy to do that. Tag team, at least, is more like a nice bonus, but not a critical one. In both cases though, it forces me to play the game at a pace set by others, not by myself.

My GH is now fully upgraded and the loss limit in the classic arena allows me to maintain my rank without too much stress. Tag team is still tag team with all the horrible design choices it involves, but like I said, it's not something I feel particularly pressured into. I'm finally at a point where PvP doesn't really bother me, and it's entirely because I don't have to participate in it. Oh don't get me wrong, the classic arena is still utter trash, possibly the worst implementation of PvP I've ever seen in a game (though admittedly I don't have a lot of references), but just sitting in G5 is doable with minimal effort at least, so I don't want to rock the boat and inevitably make it worse.

Enter live PvP, which is everything I hate about the non-live PvP, but much much worse. Matchmaking will take time. The team pick/ban will take time. The matches themselves will take time. On top of it, I have to plan my life around the time when it's even available. All of that I could live with, if I didn't have to participate. But I do. There will be quests. There will be tournaments, quite possibly some required to complete fusions. There's a fresh new hell in GH 2.0, Gotta-Catch-em-All Edition. CvC points, tier bonuses, and who knows what else. And yeah, I could just not do it. Sure. I could also play the game with my feet. It's doable. Awfully inconvenient though.

So if you want a TLDR: the game is time consuming and stressful enough as it is. PvP is by far the worst offender in that regard. Adding more of it, in an implementation that promises to absolutely dwarf the previous ones in both regards, is really not the direction I want to see. Make it optional and I won't have a problem with it (what an interesting and fresh concept; adding a feature to a game just for fun), but right now it appears to be about as optional as running dungeons is.

^^^^ This post above is spot on, it is ridiculous how long it takes to do just the daily tasks already.

It is like a full time job, my phone is constantly doing some sort of raid chore while i work.

And it is not because of how many things they are to do, it is because of how long each task takes with limited ability to speed it up (for example clan boss ties up my device for an hour a day, just for 1 task).

I also agree the matchmaking and the limited times you can participate will make it a more intrusive grab of your time.

And no it isnt really optional if it is going to be in advanced quests.

Personally i think if the producers think the content is decent they shouldnt put it in advanced quests, people will do it anyway if it isnt bad content.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 3, 2023, 23:2103/03/23
02/24/19
Trips

Yeah, it's coming pretty soon

Mar 7, 2023, 00:2403/07/23
10/18/19
EGDNIT

Woah this random said it is a negative.. no one is allowed to enjoy or want it now.. can only play pre-programmed pve that a 3 week old account can beat...

Mar 7, 2023, 00:2803/07/23
10/18/19
Trevor Wilson

^^^^ This post above is spot on, it is ridiculous how long it takes to do just the daily tasks already.

It is like a full time job, my phone is constantly doing some sort of raid chore while i work.

And it is not because of how many things they are to do, it is because of how long each task takes with limited ability to speed it up (for example clan boss ties up my device for an hour a day, just for 1 task).

I also agree the matchmaking and the limited times you can participate will make it a more intrusive grab of your time.

And no it isnt really optional if it is going to be in advanced quests.

Personally i think if the producers think the content is decent they shouldnt put it in advanced quests, people will do it anyway if it isnt bad content.

You do understand that it is a game and you don't have to do everything right? Lmao you whiney kids.. i play 3 accounts and do everything daily without issue while working 10hrs.. spending time with my wife and kids etc.. someone needs to l2life..

Mar 7, 2023, 07:4903/07/23
Mar 7, 2023, 07:52(edited)
10/15/20
ROSHCRush - KEEP

You do understand that it is a game and you don't have to do everything right? Lmao you whiney kids.. i play 3 accounts and do everything daily without issue while working 10hrs.. spending time with my wife and kids etc.. someone needs to l2life..

Three accounts?

Just daily quests and advanced quests +Doom tower +Clan boss is a couple of hours a day minimum, more if in gold tag etc with longer fights. Three of these would be six hours.

You either play all 3 accounts very badly or are lying about having some sort of life outside of raid..

Mar 7, 2023, 13:3703/07/23
Mar 7, 2023, 20:22(edited)
10/18/19
trevor.wilson

Three accounts?

Just daily quests and advanced quests +Doom tower +Clan boss is a couple of hours a day minimum, more if in gold tag etc with longer fights. Three of these would be six hours.

You either play all 3 accounts very badly or are lying about having some sort of life outside of raid..

I have all 3 running at once.. most is auto with simple macros and scripting... play the fun stuff and auto the boring crap like farming dungeons for food and gear with solo teo..  i would Never prioritise a mere freemium let alone one owned by slot junkies aristocrat over family.. 

Mod note: There are better ways to express yourself than suggesting violence and self harm.

Mar 8, 2023, 08:1903/08/23
12/16/22

When will Sylven Watchers Faction go live?

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 8, 2023, 08:5503/08/23
02/24/19
Shaghound

When will Sylven Watchers Faction go live?

It has been live for some time now :)

Mar 8, 2023, 16:4903/08/23
10/15/20
harleQuinn

It has been live for some time now :)

I guess he was asking about the faction crypt.

Mar 8, 2023, 20:1403/08/23
12/16/22
Skadi

I guess he was asking about the faction crypt.

Yes sorry I should have been more precise with my Question.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 9, 2023, 09:3603/09/23
02/24/19
Shaghound

Yes sorry I should have been more precise with my Question.

The others were 6 months or so after the Faction was released. I would suspect Sylvan Crypt to open on a similar schedule.

Mar 9, 2023, 14:0303/09/23
Mar 9, 2023, 17:58(edited)
01/15/21
ROSHCRush - KEEP

I have all 3 running at once.. most is auto with simple macros and scripting... play the fun stuff and auto the boring crap like farming dungeons for food and gear with solo teo..  i would Never prioritise a mere freemium let alone one owned by slot junkies aristocrat over family.. 

Mod note: There are better ways to express yourself than suggesting violence and self harm.

Not sure what you dished out on that post about self harm and violence as the mods blocked it out but i can guess

If you come out with personal comments such as 'l2life' (and i havent heard silly terms like that since i played wow as a student) then you will get gentle pushback btw. Easier to just express why you disagree without resorting to personal stuff, dont you think? Fighting on the net is so 90's

And yes everyone uses scripts and clickers to avoid actually playing the game, which is why i said things need streamlining to take less time.