What’s Next in Raid? Episode 6

Search
Feb 25, 2023, 15:2202/25/23
11/19/22

Couldn't find a discussion on this, but does all look very exciting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiaHQjmOavU&ab_channel=Raid%3AShadowLegends

Though I'm still early game and almost certainly not up for the Hard dungeon mode yet, I'm really looking forward to real-time arena - loved this in Summoners War, even though it could be really frustrating at times with bad match ups and powerful players farming weaker levels. Also, gear sorting plus multibattle sorting option are definite QoL improvements. And the artwork for the new champions looks gorgeous, as ever!

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 25, 2023, 15:5402/25/23
02/11/21

First of all, thank you, Plarium for making new things make sense. Ice Golem's weakness is HP Burn, Fire Knight's weakness is Freeze, Spider Mama's weakness is her babies, I like that. Live arena looks cool, adds more strategy with added features. And gear management is definitely a welcome QoL feature.

My only issue is even at Hard modes, there is still 5* gear in the mix. Come on, Plarium....enough with the Baby Gap, we're gonna be building new champs into entirely new teams for entirely new harder content, can we not?! 

Feb 25, 2023, 16:5902/25/23
06/25/20

Overall I'm lukewarm on the planned features. The new dungeon content is largely "meh" IMO - another one of those "it'll be solved in a week" things. Live arena, though, could be interesting, depending on how much player participation ends up being. QoL features are great - at least it'll take some of the monotony out of the game.

Feb 25, 2023, 17:1602/25/23
04/19/20

i like only Pve content   

arena is most boring part in game

Feb 25, 2023, 17:4602/25/23
11/16/20

The big concern with live arena I have initially is that it will only be open at certain hours and have quests attached to it, daily quests?

Depending where you live in the world times in this game can already be bad for you.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 25, 2023, 23:1602/25/23
12/30/20
evilized6666

The big concern with live arena I have initially is that it will only be open at certain hours and have quests attached to it, daily quests?

Depending where you live in the world times in this game can already be bad for you.

Can't say I'm 100% on how to interpret that part of the video, whether there will be 4 blocks of time per day available worldwide, or if we can have 4 shots at queueing in. 

My money is on an advanced quest at the very least being attached to it, but we'll see.

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 25, 2023, 23:2402/25/23
12/30/20
Balltazer

First of all, thank you, Plarium for making new things make sense. Ice Golem's weakness is HP Burn, Fire Knight's weakness is Freeze, Spider Mama's weakness is her babies, I like that. Live arena looks cool, adds more strategy with added features. And gear management is definitely a welcome QoL feature.

My only issue is even at Hard modes, there is still 5* gear in the mix. Come on, Plarium....enough with the Baby Gap, we're gonna be building new champs into entirely new teams for entirely new harder content, can we not?! 

As long as it's mythical, seems fine. My hunch is the Hard dungeons might (also) be a reasonable catch up method for some folks when it comes to gearing.

I'm fairly excited about all of it, including the QoL changes. Would still like to see some time alleviation and though I do love the idea of live arena as it's presented, I'm a little worried about what the time involved will look like if I want to maximize that. 

Feb 26, 2023, 00:4102/26/23
04/24/22

I really like the idea of being able to farm mythical gear from any of the dungeon set and accessories . 

Im a little sad because once you can farm in hardmode , the current dungeons become obsolete . No reason to farm them anymore . 

Im guessing this patch is why there isnt any CvC until March 14th 2023 ?

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 26, 2023, 03:1002/26/23
02/24/19
Lyryal

I really like the idea of being able to farm mythical gear from any of the dungeon set and accessories . 

Im a little sad because once you can farm in hardmode , the current dungeons become obsolete . No reason to farm them anymore . 

Im guessing this patch is why there isnt any CvC until March 14th 2023 ?

A safe assumption this is why we're taking a CvC off, yes :)

Feb 26, 2023, 03:2302/26/23
04/24/22
harleQuinn

A safe assumption this is why we're taking a CvC off, yes :)

lets pray for a juicy promo code in between to equalize the amount of ressource loss from missing a cvc ;) 

Feb 26, 2023, 08:3502/26/23
09/14/20

I do not necessarily like the new dungeons. Essentially they have taken the old strategies and made them impossible by turning the boss immune to it. Especially the Fire Knight will be a pain in the ass. 

It is fine that there will be mythical gear but I hope that the major loot will not be 5* blue items anymore...that would be very frustrating. 

I do not care about PvP. While the set-up with blockig enemy champs seems to be interesting, it is a huge demotivator that you will be forced to take part by installing advanced quest in this area. Another time intensive activity. 

The QoL improvements are fine...but really...taking away the non-accessible fragment champions from a list is not a huge improvement. It is base stuff which should have been accomplished long ago. It is stil a PITA to level up champions in the tavern (only 6 champs at a time), and the major problem of Raid, the immense amount of time needed to play, has not been addressed. Overall, I an not thrilled or even motivated.

Feb 26, 2023, 14:3702/26/23
06/05/22

The new dungeons look fun, but my impression is that FK will be impossibly hard (I think fyro no longer has regen though?), and the others relatively easy.

Feb 26, 2023, 17:1502/26/23
01/15/21

Live arena may or may not be ok, but if it requires queuing i do hope they dont put it into an advanced quest.

Feb 28, 2023, 08:4302/28/23
12/12/22

I have a suggestion and I don't know where to give it. The game is very cool and very much a collectible. I think it will be super interesting if we add characters from certain movies like Lord of the Rings, Avatar, Game of Thrones. Whole factions with such characters can be made, and fans of this film will do everything possible to get hold of them. 

Feb 28, 2023, 10:3102/28/23
10/15/20
s0LLe

I have a suggestion and I don't know where to give it. The game is very cool and very much a collectible. I think it will be super interesting if we add characters from certain movies like Lord of the Rings, Avatar, Game of Thrones. Whole factions with such characters can be made, and fans of this film will do everything possible to get hold of them. 

Unless they payed a lot of money that would be breaking copyright law since it is not plariums IP

Feb 28, 2023, 15:1602/28/23
10/15/20
trevor.wilson

Unless they payed a lot of money that would be breaking copyright law since it is not plariums IP

They could have a whole faction of mocked film-heroes, like Conan the Barbarian, wait, Cronham the Barbarian. Aragon, Frido the Halfling, Jon Ice... Gandalf can be used even without any copyright claims, it's the name of a Dwarf in the old norse Völuspa.

But, do we really want that?

Feb 28, 2023, 15:3402/28/23
11/19/22
s0LLe

I think doing collaborations could be a great idea - Summoners War is launching one this week with Assassin's Creed, which means 5 new AC champions joining the game, though you can only get them during the event. SW previously did one with Street fighter.

However, not sure whether that would appeal to Plarium or not - the one-off champions they give away for free seem to take the place of such events. :)

Mar 1, 2023, 11:4603/01/23
10/15/20
Skadi

They could have a whole faction of mocked film-heroes, like Conan the Barbarian, wait, Cronham the Barbarian. Aragon, Frido the Halfling, Jon Ice... Gandalf can be used even without any copyright claims, it's the name of a Dwarf in the old norse Völuspa.

But, do we really want that?

The name gandalf is indeed public domain, the character is not.

I would not want to be plarium going down that road making for example a wizard who looks like LOTR gandalf called gandalf.

Especially as the tolkien estate is famously protective of its rights.

Mar 1, 2023, 15:1603/01/23
10/15/20
trevor.wilson

The name gandalf is indeed public domain, the character is not.

I would not want to be plarium going down that road making for example a wizard who looks like LOTR gandalf called gandalf.

Especially as the tolkien estate is famously protective of its rights.

Gandalf in LotR has his appearance from this postcard Tolkien bought on vacation in Switzerland, and the whole character of Gandalf is, like Tolkien pointed out in letters, influenced by the norse god Odin.

And to avoid (or win) any legal issues with the Tolkien estate, you would of course change some points in the outward appearence and put Gandalf in the Dwarf faction, according to the origins of the name in the Völuspa.

Every single author in the world, even a creative genius like Tolkien, uses themes, motives and characters that allready exist to a certain point. Estates managing the copyrights of passed authors may claim the copyright for everything, but that doesn't make these claims true.

Mar 1, 2023, 19:1403/01/23
12/29/19

when will this go live ?

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 2, 2023, 06:5603/02/23
12/30/20
killerclone187

when will this go live ?

Don't have a date yet, no. My guess would be sooner rather than later though.