Help me brainstorm a new arena team

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Feb 2, 2023, 16:1102/02/23
Feb 2, 2023, 16:19(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

@harleQuinn any thoughts on this? I'm particularly interested in the concept of having the team be rounded out by the guaranteed Chaagur this weekend.

If I set up Kymar, Tormin, and Chaag to all run like, say, 700 ACC and 220+ SPD, and then Valk to just be in pure DEF gear - does the team work against enough teams to justify building it out? In particular, does it make for a better arena tag defense team than any of those three aforementioned teams? 

So I am going over it, promise. I also DM'd a couple of VERY serious arena folks about it... even more serious than me at least. Just to make sure I'm giving you the best options for G3+

But... I can't find your Kimi anywhere, what other champs are we missing? Can you post the screens themselves or DM them to me on Discord?

Feb 2, 2023, 16:1902/02/23
06/25/20
harleQuinn

So I am going over it, promise. I also DM'd a couple of VERY serious arena folks about it... even more serious than me at least. Just to make sure I'm giving you the best options for G3+

But... I can't find your Kimi anywhere, what other champs are we missing? Can you post the screens themselves or DM them to me on Discord?

Kimi's in that list of 12 I mentioned as being on tag defense. No other champs are missing.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 2, 2023, 16:2002/02/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Kimi's in that list of 12 I mentioned as being on tag defense. No other champs are missing.

Okay. Just making sure nothing else was cut off.

Feb 2, 2023, 20:4702/02/23
06/25/20

Right now, I'm thinking perhaps Kimi + Kymar + Tormin + Valk is the best setup. It'll unfortunately mean I can't run the bomb team at the same time, though, so I'd need to decide which of the two to put on tag arena defense, if that's the path I want to take.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 2, 2023, 20:4902/02/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Right now, I'm thinking perhaps Kimi + Kymar + Tormin + Valk is the best setup. It'll unfortunately mean I can't run the bomb team at the same time, though, so I'd need to decide which of the two to put on tag arena defense, if that's the path I want to take.

I have some ideas. Just been dealing with people rioting over not getting Genbo IMMEDIATELY and instead waiting an hour or a couple while the issues with Prime are being fixed.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 3, 2023, 00:1202/03/23
Feb 3, 2023, 03:09(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

So Tormin is just so infrequently effective on defense due to Stoneskin and 1000 resist Mithralas to cleanse. Outside of G3/4 will have less stoneskin, and less good stoneskin, where Tormin will be formidable. So he seems better than he ends up being.

I personally think Valk is a liability. Too easily countered by Mortu and all the ignore shields/ignore def champs, and even more bombs, and champs with lockout debuffs like Mithrala. Valk was so good against speed teams, but Stoneskin teams she just bounces off of.

Here's where I end up:
Mortu (Stoneskin and SLOW), Wythir (Bolster), Geoffred (Bolster/Untouchable/Stone), Raglin (High Resist, Stoneskin if possible)

This team is meant to sit there and wait for Peril, with Geoffred there incase someone runs peril against you. He preempts the Peril hit, blocks the damage and prevents the block revive. This lets Raglin help out as two cleansers means you can't be bombed very effectively either. She also, if you slap some high res on her, can rez a team after lockout and get you a win from defeat.

Pythion (Immunity or Untouchable with Lightning Cage), Mithrala (Guardian), UDK (Built like an uber tank, I like Stoneskin), Rotos (Savage)

Immunity Pythion keeps people from blocking his buffs, you can't Ukko him then. Mithrala is here to provide a second cleanser if needed, AND give Rotos his Inc Atk buff to help clear through Nehkret nonsense. UDK is here to prevent single target nonsense or perils from killing Rotos.

Then you use your Kimi/Kymar/Ukko/Rotos bomb team and call it a day.

I really don't see Tormin nor Valk being super effective in G3-G4 defenses right now. This is where I'd start. You could theoretically run Tormin in the Mortu team in place of Raglin I would think, if you're seeing serious issues with Warlord teams beating it in your G3 defense logs... although Peril ignores him and mostly can snag a win.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 3, 2023, 00:2102/03/23
02/24/19

Tormin and Valk are still useable, but finding a team that suits them is much harder. Something like Siphi/Valk/Taras/Marichka perhaps.

Feb 24, 2023, 16:2902/24/23
06/25/20

Gonna bump this up. @harleQuinn insights would be appreciated. My three teams right now are pretty consistently pounding their way through G3, but I have a few new additions that may warrant consideration. The current three teams are Mortu + Mithrala + Brogni + Boragar, Pythion + UDK + Wythir + Rotos, and Kymar + Kimi + Ukko + Gaius

• Second Brogni - don't think that I need him, but given bolster is part of forge pass, is it worth exploring a second Bolster + Shield team?
  • Truath - could combo well with Brogni for a second Bolster + Shield team?
  • Hephraak - I basically don't use a nuking offense team at all anymore, but Hephraak could warrant reviving it potentially. At very least I expect he'd go onto my Cardinal team, though I rarely ever use it anymore
Feb 25, 2023, 09:5802/25/23
06/30/21
Trips

I think gilseah is useless, but tbh I am so far behind the current meta my teams may be working  :)

My strategy is terrible, but is as follows for picking fights.

1. Pick opponent where my nehk, duch, candy team is a sure win

2. Other two battles must give me an expected probability of 1 win. Rely on rng being in my favor to strip stoneskin and avoid sheep 🐑. So I use a combo of 2 kimi, 2 kymar, ramantu, mith, Lydia, Leo, astralon, gurgoh, ukko, warlord 

Nobody in stoneskin, no bomb squad, no cardinal team.

My overall win rate is lower than using 2 go 2nd grind teams but my average battle time is significantly faster.

Somehow I managed to stay in G4 this week at like 1050 points doing this.

You've got a nekh you say??? Tell me do you use him mainly for candy as counter buff then build slowest but max def max HP? 

My nekh is second, after speed boost he's throwing up buffs for my lead at around 267ish speed then I go a lot lower for serris on to my DPS at around 207ish spd. 

I'm in G4 almost G5 and I'm just crushing about every arb duchess kymar's spds. My issue is dual revive or the high acc lockdown teams. Since I'm primarily using a brakus that one shots everything especially UDKs and other nekhs, but my res for the rest is only 400-450.