All Categories

Help me brainstorm a new arena team

Help me brainstorm a new arena team

Search
Comments
Feb 1, 2023, 18:4202/01/23
06/25/20
harleQuinn

Heya Krama. At a quick glance you're trying to deal with fast Yumeko and Warlord teams with that?

My honest opinion is that it seems rough, and here's why. Warlords and Yumekos are commonly now 350+ speed with 700 accuracy up in G3/G4. And lots of them are now wearing Untouchable too. So high resist, ignore debuffs, to deal with bombs.

Basically they can lock you out, circle back around, place block debuffs and shields, and lap your Tormin forever even WITH TM decrease. Some of the Warlord Speed teams are so fast that I Hegemon Evil Eye them with his A1, then they STILL jump my own Arbiter and Yumeko.

Gliseah isn't the worst idea to deal with this. She is starting to pop up as the speed on some of these champs gets insane. I've seen 420+ Siphis into 700 Acc Warlords that are faster than the fastest gear on my account. As the speeds continue to go up in response to the speed/bomb teams that are themselves in response to the super tank stoneskin teams, I think champs like Gliseah will see more play, even if it is only at most a 55% chance to resist the effects (with Sniper).

From your pic, that Kimi for example is nowhere near fast enough to just be a speed champ, and I don't think could debuff anyone on my slower teams even if she got her own Inc Acc. She'd need a 3% to even get the 50% to remove the stoneskin. I assume, with that resistance at 350, you have her geared for Hydra?

Kimi's on a full Stoneskin Lightning Cage team, alongside Kymar, Ukko, and Gaius. The goal isn't for her to win the speed race - that's just incidental since I want her usable in Hydra / DTH as well. I'll post a new roster in a few mins.

But yeah - no Gliseah.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 1, 2023, 18:5002/01/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Kimi's on a full Stoneskin Lightning Cage team, alongside Kymar, Ukko, and Gaius. The goal isn't for her to win the speed race - that's just incidental since I want her usable in Hydra / DTH as well. I'll post a new roster in a few mins.

But yeah - no Gliseah.

What accuracy are you running on Gaius and your Kymar there? I run a Yoshi/Gauis stoneskin team and my accuracy isn't cutting it all the time anymore. Gonna have to go into Sand Devil purgatory to keep up with the meta, get my accuracies on Stoneskin further up.

Whatever the accuracy, Kymar is a rough choice right now cause he starts to strip and sleep and then sheeps himself. Dude spends a LOT of time as Sheep. Champs like Sethallia are coming back around to great, and I'm using her preferentially to Kymar right now. I'm also using Rian preferentially to Serris, as she turns herself into a sheep less often, and has the block buffs on her kit to deal with Ukko.

Feb 1, 2023, 18:5302/01/23
06/25/20
harleQuinn

What accuracy are you running on Gaius and your Kymar there? I run a Yoshi/Gauis stoneskin team and my accuracy isn't cutting it all the time anymore. Gonna have to go into Sand Devil purgatory to keep up with the meta, get my accuracies on Stoneskin further up.

Whatever the accuracy, Kymar is a rough choice right now cause he starts to strip and sleep and then sheeps himself. Dude spends a LOT of time as Sheep. Champs like Sethallia are coming back around to great, and I'm using her preferentially to Kymar right now. I'm also using Rian preferentially to Serris, as she turns herself into a sheep less often, and has the block buffs on her kit to deal with Ukko.

Gaius, Kymar, and Ukko are all running about 600 ACC, which is closer to 1000 with Kimi. I want them high enough to actually get Mithrala teams.

I don't particularly care if Kymar gets sheeped - his goal is really just to serve as one extra stripper, and potentially to reset the others against teams like Tormin. Sethallia doesn't really do anything against me, unless I'm unlucky enough for her to cut in ahead of Gaius, which pretty much never happens, since Gaius is at like, 115 speed (as well as Ukko).

Feb 1, 2023, 18:5602/01/23
Feb 1, 2023, 19:02(edited)
06/25/20

Here's my terribly butchered roster chimera. Not seen in these are my current three arena defense teams: the aforementioned Kymar/Kimi/Ukko/Gaius, Mortu(Bolster)/Mithrala(Guardian)/Boragar(Shield)/Brogni(etc), and Pythion(SPD/RES=700)/UDK(Guardian/SlowAsARock)/Wythir(Bolster)/Rotos(Savage), as well as Arix/Varl/Opardin/Guurda from fragments, and pretty much every epic other than Shamael.

i

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 1, 2023, 19:0102/01/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Gaius, Kymar, and Ukko are all running about 600 ACC, which is closer to 1000 with Kimi. I want them high enough to actually get Mithrala teams.

I don't particularly care if Kymar gets sheeped - his goal is really just to serve as one extra stripper, and potentially to reset the others against teams like Tormin. Sethallia doesn't really do anything against me, unless I'm unlucky enough for her to cut in ahead of Gaius, which pretty much never happens, since Gaius is at like, 115 speed (as well as Ukko).

Oof. 600 accuracy, coupled with Inc Acc, isn't getting Mithrala's anymore. Seeing the big time players are dropping 1200 resist on their Mithrala's for Plat/G4 now. My Gauis is 582 Accuracy and 6.8k attack in Stoneskin and doesn't get it done far too often, in spite of having Inc Acc and Inc Atk. He's right at 200 speed for me so that I can strip before him and jump ahead of both nukers and other bomb teams.

Feb 1, 2023, 19:0302/01/23
06/25/20
harleQuinn

Oof. 600 accuracy, coupled with Inc Acc, isn't getting Mithrala's anymore. Seeing the big time players are dropping 1200 resist on their Mithrala's for Plat/G4 now. My Gauis is 582 Accuracy and 6.8k attack in Stoneskin and doesn't get it done far too often, in spite of having Inc Acc and Inc Atk. He's right at 200 speed for me so that I can strip before him and jump ahead of both nukers and other bomb teams.

Mm... haven't hit that yet, but there's plenty of room for the gear to grow, and there's really no other stat that is relevant at all for Ukko. Gaius is at 8K ATK, so he probably has some room to lose some of that for more ACC as well.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 1, 2023, 19:1802/01/23
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Mm... haven't hit that yet, but there's plenty of room for the gear to grow, and there's really no other stat that is relevant at all for Ukko. Gaius is at 8K ATK, so he probably has some room to lose some of that for more ACC as well.

I could slow down and get my stats better, get my atk up, but there's too many teams with Warlord or Yume PLUS a super high resist cleanser right now. I was finding myself getting rocked before I ever got a chance to place bombs, regardless of the stoneskin. Basically would either be cleansed, or the slow teams would drop block debuffs on there, and I'd sheep myself trying to get them off.

In fact, I'm trying to figure out bomb detonation with my roster to place and explode them before multiple cleansers and lockout champs do their thing.

Also, I see the new roster post. I'll give it a good look over and some thought as to what a good suggestion would be.

Feb 1, 2023, 19:2802/01/23
02/11/21
harleQuinn

Heya Krama. At a quick glance you're trying to deal with fast Yumeko and Warlord teams with that?

My honest opinion is that it seems rough, and here's why. Warlords and Yumekos are commonly now 350+ speed with 700 accuracy up in G3/G4. And lots of them are now wearing Untouchable too. So high resist, ignore debuffs, to deal with bombs.

Basically they can lock you out, circle back around, place block debuffs and shields, and lap your Tormin forever even WITH TM decrease. Some of the Warlord Speed teams are so fast that I Hegemon Evil Eye them with his A1, then they STILL jump my own Arbiter and Yumeko.

Gliseah isn't the worst idea to deal with this. She is starting to pop up as the speed on some of these champs gets insane. I've seen 420+ Siphis into 700 Acc Warlords that are faster than the fastest gear on my account. As the speeds continue to go up in response to the speed/bomb teams that are themselves in response to the super tank stoneskin teams, I think champs like Gliseah will see more play, even if it is only at most a 55% chance to resist the effects (with Sniper).

From your pic, that Kimi for example is nowhere near fast enough to just be a speed champ, and I don't think could debuff anyone on my slower teams even if she got her own Inc Acc. She'd need a 3% to even get the 50% to remove the stoneskin. I assume, with that resistance at 350, you have her geared for Hydra?

Is anybody running Deliana with Ukko? If Ukko manages to place Block Buffs into Deliana's A2, the rest of the team can get away with less accuracy. Plus, her Accuracy is boosted by her passive and can benefit greatly from Stoneskin. 

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 1, 2023, 21:2002/01/23
02/24/19
Balltazer

Is anybody running Deliana with Ukko? If Ukko manages to place Block Buffs into Deliana's A2, the rest of the team can get away with less accuracy. Plus, her Accuracy is boosted by her passive and can benefit greatly from Stoneskin. 

That a great deal of getting RNG to line up to make effective, I think.

First, Ukko needs to have enough Accuracy to strip all the buffs without failing one (which a lot of times he only gets some), then has to place the block buffs. Basically each of these are an Acc/Resist check of their own. Then you need Deliana to have enough Acc to land Dec Resistance, as this isn't Irresistable either. THEN you can finally spread the Dec Res debuff to the whole team.

Basically you lose one of your slots for a good champ to Deliana, and do so in a very fragile solution to the Resist problem, and that is AFTER you already lost a slot to the Inc Acc champ (Yoshi or Kimi).

So I like where you're head is at as far as looking for solutions, but this one is a little too finicky and even if it works, leaves you with less sustain or less enemy killing.

Feb 1, 2023, 21:3402/01/23
06/25/20

Not to mention even after all that - all you've accomplished is making them a bit less likely to resist. You haven't really gained much else.

I suppose if you used my same team concept, and went with Kimi + Ukko + Deliana + Gaius, you could ACC up the Ukko, who then removes debuffs, and then allows Deliana to RES down, which finally allows Gaius to land bombs without as much accuracy - but that's a whole lot of setup that all has to work exactly as planned.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 1, 2023, 21:3702/01/23
Feb 1, 2023, 21:41(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Not to mention even after all that - all you've accomplished is making them a bit less likely to resist. You haven't really gained much else.

I suppose if you used my same team concept, and went with Kimi + Ukko + Deliana + Gaius, you could ACC up the Ukko, who then removes debuffs, and then allows Deliana to RES down, which finally allows Gaius to land bombs without as much accuracy - but that's a whole lot of setup that all has to work exactly as planned.

And one thing I've learned from bomb teams is you need lots of resets to try and remove block debuffs again, or bomb a second time, or even a third.

So you want the "champ space" on the team, so to speak. :)

Feb 1, 2023, 21:5402/01/23
12/19/19
harleQuinn

No bomb squad, no stoneskin is sweet. Impressive stuff to hang in G4 week to week with that. I'm having to be much more creative and use Quinnie's Patented Garbo Trick Teams to compete. Don't tell Tazer, he'd be mad. lmao

I am a bit jealous of your Candy, Nek, Kimi and Leo though. Tell me who you offered an infernal bargain to for Nek so I can try that too.

I took 2 months of tag "off" and sat in G3 comfortably, but I finally built Nek... that team (nek, duch, candy) is a cheat code.  I did one weekend of tag to move up to g4 and not sure how I stayed.   The progress bar is bugged still in G4, shows red unless way at top I think so impossible to know.  I think this helps since most don't realize you can be in red so don't bother trying.  Probably take me 2 more months to build gaius team lol.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 1, 2023, 22:0002/01/23
02/24/19
Trips

I took 2 months of tag "off" and sat in G3 comfortably, but I finally built Nek... that team (nek, duch, candy) is a cheat code.  I did one weekend of tag to move up to g4 and not sure how I stayed.   The progress bar is bugged still in G4, shows red unless way at top I think so impossible to know.  I think this helps since most don't realize you can be in red so don't bother trying.  Probably take me 2 more months to build gaius team lol.

I can sit in G3 now with my five daily battles, unless I don't do those at all like a silly girl. Sometimes I forget to put my real defense in until Sunday and have to climb back into the yellow in the last couple hours. lol

Progress bar is still bugged for sure. We've reported it ofc. I'm told that 1100 has always been the safe number, 1000+ is mostly safe. 

Nek really does seem like a cheat code. I would love to be able to protect my squishy nukers with him. Instead I'm losing TONS of attack and CD and defense ignore to build Stoneskin.

Feb 1, 2023, 22:0502/01/23
02/11/21
harleQuinn

That a great deal of getting RNG to line up to make effective, I think.

First, Ukko needs to have enough Accuracy to strip all the buffs without failing one (which a lot of times he only gets some), then has to place the block buffs. Basically each of these are an Acc/Resist check of their own. Then you need Deliana to have enough Acc to land Dec Resistance, as this isn't Irresistable either. THEN you can finally spread the Dec Res debuff to the whole team.

Basically you lose one of your slots for a good champ to Deliana, and do so in a very fragile solution to the Resist problem, and that is AFTER you already lost a slot to the Inc Acc champ (Yoshi or Kimi).

So I like where you're head is at as far as looking for solutions, but this one is a little too finicky and even if it works, leaves you with less sustain or less enemy killing.

I have neither Yoshi nor Kimi, so the idea of Increase Accuracy is foreign to me lol 

I was just wondering if there is value to Decrease Resist for those who have no access to Increase Accuracy champs. 

Deliana's passive is based on her current HP right, not her Max HP?

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 1, 2023, 22:2302/01/23
02/24/19
Balltazer

I have neither Yoshi nor Kimi, so the idea of Increase Accuracy is foreign to me lol 

I was just wondering if there is value to Decrease Resist for those who have no access to Increase Accuracy champs. 

Deliana's passive is based on her current HP right, not her Max HP?

I don't think there is value personally. I know they got cute with Deliana's kit and gave her more "effective" accuracy, but that's still a champ that needs to land her debuff and then spread it BEFORE anyone else can actually fully be useful. I might rather run Mithrala lead and then you get a useful champ who also ups your Accuracy by 80. Mithrala cleanses, protects, and can seriously CC the enemy team. She also can get to 1k+ resist more easily than any other champ in the game, so she is the most likely to be able to cleanse no matter what.

Feb 1, 2023, 22:4302/01/23
02/11/21
harleQuinn

I don't think there is value personally. I know they got cute with Deliana's kit and gave her more "effective" accuracy, but that's still a champ that needs to land her debuff and then spread it BEFORE anyone else can actually fully be useful. I might rather run Mithrala lead and then you get a useful champ who also ups your Accuracy by 80. Mithrala cleanses, protects, and can seriously CC the enemy team. She also can get to 1k+ resist more easily than any other champ in the game, so she is the most likely to be able to cleanse no matter what.

Yeah, Mithrala is the cleanser in my Candy Shop team, with Duchess, Krisk and Candy (who's gotten faster, btw). They're probably my best team, but I still avoid buff strippers because I mostly rely on Krisk's shield to survive nukes. 

So what do you do if you don't have enough accuracy or accuracy buffer? 

Feb 1, 2023, 22:5502/01/23
06/25/20
Balltazer

Yeah, Mithrala is the cleanser in my Candy Shop team, with Duchess, Krisk and Candy (who's gotten faster, btw). They're probably my best team, but I still avoid buff strippers because I mostly rely on Krisk's shield to survive nukes. 

So what do you do if you don't have enough accuracy or accuracy buffer? 

Don't fight teams that require that much accuracy to beat?

Feb 2, 2023, 00:3902/02/23
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

Don't fight teams that require that much accuracy to beat?

Is there a way to gauge high-resist teams? Team Power? 

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 2, 2023, 11:3002/02/23
02/24/19
Balltazer

Is there a way to gauge high-resist teams? Team Power? 

Yep. And as you move up, those numbers move up too. So at like 3200 in Gold Arena, a 350k team may be on the "high resist" end of the scale, or have at least one champ that can resist things you throw at them. But that's just kind of a standard team at Gold 3-4 Tag, with GH, FG and general gear quality being higher. Mostly you're looking for teams around the 500k-600k power mark to know they've got significant health and resist numbers you're gonna have to bust through.

Feb 2, 2023, 15:5402/02/23
06/25/20

@harleQuinn any thoughts on this? I'm particularly interested in the concept of having the team be rounded out by the guaranteed Chaagur this weekend.

If I set up Kymar, Tormin, and Chaag to all run like, say, 700 ACC and 220+ SPD, and then Valk to just be in pure DEF gear - does the team work against enough teams to justify building it out? In particular, does it make for a better arena tag defense team than any of those three aforementioned teams?