All Categories

Medals/Bars conversion

Medals/Bars conversion

Search
Jan 16, 2023, 21:1701/16/23
06/20/19

Medals/Bars conversion

having completed gh awhile back my motivation changed instantly.  No more cvc points, no further gh profession, etc.  I mainta g5 to maintain the universal bonuses.  I also try to get goodies in the takedowns.  Some day I'll find inspiration in pushing for platinum.   Before I maximized my arena farming.  Now it's just a pile of useless medals.

Newer players have numerous and sometimes consistent complaints.  Among these are the difficulty of developing gh, and the frustration with having to deal with tag.  The rewards from bars aren't really motivation like gh development is.

What if there were a conversion rate between bars and medals?

Newer players may have increased motivation in tag if they could use those bars to develope gh.  Players with maxed gh could trade them and get at least some rewards, again increasing motivation in later stages of the game.

Obviously it wouldn't be anywhere mere a one to one exchange. Even if trading were at a premium both ways, it would be worthwhile imo.  Would this cause issues?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 16, 2023, 21:2501/16/23
12/19/19

The issue is, plarium isn't going to give us free resources.... unfortunately you can't stop doing classic altogether due to magisteel

Jan 16, 2023, 21:3501/16/23
06/20/19
Trips

The issue is, plarium isn't going to give us free resources.... unfortunately you can't stop doing classic altogether due to magisteel

I understand the reasoning behind that.  but are these really 'free' resources if I have a pile of medals I've earned with tokens?  Maybe I'd get a refill now and then.  The point about magisteel is well taken.

Jan 16, 2023, 21:5001/16/23
Jan 16, 2023, 22:00(edited)
12/19/19
Angwil

I understand the reasoning behind that.  but are these really 'free' resources if I have a pile of medals I've earned with tokens?  Maybe I'd get a refill now and then.  The point about magisteel is well taken.

You would be getting something additional at no cost to you, sounds dictionary worthy under free. 😆 

Eta: i have 50k and counting useless medals, so I am on board with anything free :)

Jan 16, 2023, 22:0001/16/23
06/20/19
Trips

You would be getting something additional at no cost to you, sounds dictionary worthy under free. 😆 

Eta: i have 50k and counting useless medals, so I am on board with anything free :)

I'm not sure I'd agree with that.  I've been spending no fewer resources now than before.  And the 'at no cost' in your equation  is actually a huge pile of resources I've earned.  These resources have had value to me for quite awhile.  What has changed is not that I'm no longer earning them.  What has changed is that the game no longer values my time and effort, which remain the same.

Jan 16, 2023, 22:0901/16/23
12/19/19
Angwil

I'm not sure I'd agree with that.  I've been spending no fewer resources now than before.  And the 'at no cost' in your equation  is actually a huge pile of resources I've earned.  These resources have had value to me for quite awhile.  What has changed is not that I'm no longer earning them.  What has changed is that the game no longer values my time and effort, which remain the same.

The value of the medals becomes zero when there is nothing to purchase.  I highly doubt you spend the same amount of time in classic arena, if even 20% of prior.  I'm certain you spend effort more appropriately elsewhere. 

Probably a case for discrimination lawsuit of some kind ;)

Jan 16, 2023, 22:2801/16/23
Jan 16, 2023, 22:37(edited)
06/20/19

The value of any currency becomes zero, when the issuer of the currency no longer honors it.  So what you're saying is basically equating gold medals to confederate dollors?  And no, I'm not threatening a law suit, I'm trying to understand people's opinions on this and see if some may feel as I do.  :)

Edit: l've been playing this game awhile and have personally placed a high value on gold medals, as I know otheres have.  I've spent many hours grinding for them.  Why should they instantaneously become valueless?  Just because?  If that's your response that's fine.  But that's all it is. 

you point out that you doubt my time in arena is similar to what it was before?  I'd like to point out that my op was addressing this very issue and was aimed at advancing an idea to provide motivation and incentive to change that.

Jan 16, 2023, 22:5101/16/23
06/20/19

And just to clarify, I have no delusions that this might actually happen.  If that where the case I'd have brought it up months ago.  But I do think abut it time to time and something today just brought it forward.  I get that it isn't going to happen! Nothing will change! Etc.  I'm more interested in how this would imbalance the game etc, 

Jan 16, 2023, 23:0001/16/23
12/19/19

I think your idea is like every other suggestion designed to get more "free" stuff  :) 

I can't even attempt platinum due to the timing of reset, so I'm biased against spending any time in classic other than to restock magisteel after PR cvc. And trying to finish 4th in the crappy arena tournaments is not worth the effort lol.

I realized my confederate medals were worthless once GH was maxed, as this was a known fact,  and valued them appropriately.  They could at some point be of value, but I have little expectation of that.

I think a better comparison than real currency devaluation would be dungeon diver event points, or any event, in excess of the last reward.  Should events have unlimited rewards when you go beyond the last milestones?

Jan 16, 2023, 23:2201/16/23
Jan 16, 2023, 23:25(edited)
06/20/19
Trips

I think your idea is like every other suggestion designed to get more "free" stuff  :) 

I can't even attempt platinum due to the timing of reset, so I'm biased against spending any time in classic other than to restock magisteel after PR cvc. And trying to finish 4th in the crappy arena tournaments is not worth the effort lol.

I realized my confederate medals were worthless once GH was maxed, as this was a known fact,  and valued them appropriately.  They could at some point be of value, but I have little expectation of that.

I think a better comparison than real currency devaluation would be dungeon diver event points, or any event, in excess of the last reward.  Should events have unlimited rewards when you go beyond the last milestones?

Ok, you make a fair point comparing medals to surpassing the last event milestone.   I guess I'm thinking if they gave even higher milestones, that might incentivize some to keep going.  Should there be more rewards past the last miles?  That depends on them.  If they added more rewards at higher levels, I think some players would be motivated to consume more resources.  But it wouldn't be something for nothing.

I don't see how it would imbalance the game or hurt plarium in the pocket book.

Jan 16, 2023, 23:3301/16/23
12/19/19

I don't think it would imbalance the game at all, and again I am all for it for fifty thousand reasons...

It has zero probability of increasing plarium revenue, therefore the expected value must be negative. 

Jan 16, 2023, 23:4101/16/23
06/20/19
Trips

I don't think it would imbalance the game at all, and again I am all for it for fifty thousand reasons...

It has zero probability of increasing plarium revenue, therefore the expected value must be negative. 

Well, I agree plarium has zero financial motivation to do this, other than good will and a great full player base.  And again I never had any expectation that it might happen.  I think about it time to time and just wondered what others might think.

50,000 you say?  That's a mountain of reasons :)

Jan 16, 2023, 23:4801/16/23
06/20/19

And to be fair let me say I also point out that while before many of my days were spent refreshing when i could as often as I could and taking the easiest fights I could, just to maximize gold bars, now there is something of a freedom in selecting opponents.  I go out on a limb and take chances much more frequently.  Try all kinds of comps etc. and only when I have free time.  arena is not currently 'a job.'  Maybe one day I'll push to finish in platinum.  There is that.

Jan 16, 2023, 23:5001/16/23
12/19/19
Angwil

Well, I agree plarium has zero financial motivation to do this, other than good will and a great full player base.  And again I never had any expectation that it might happen.  I think about it time to time and just wondered what others might think.

50,000 you say?  That's a mountain of reasons :)

I think maintaining player engagement and goodwill with the player base is a great concept. And as a firm believer in LTV versus squeeze it dry now, I fully recognize a net loss now can have great positive incremental future value. Sadly this is not the case here, though it would benefit me greatly. 

Jan 16, 2023, 23:5201/16/23
04/24/22

Im years away from finishing GH and im for this idea .. or it could be a bazarr that sells avatars and champion skins(red/green/blue/etc starter skin) You know easy stuff to make , so that people who do finish GH still find something to do with their earned medals ? Something that doesnt cost much for plarium to create but goes miles for the playerbase ... 

And im not talking about special skins either , just changing the color palette for champs and offering them as skin for arena medals , after your GH is finished ...

Jan 25, 2023, 22:0901/25/23
09/02/22

Treat them like leftover event currencies and open the option to sell them. 

Bronze bar = 1 silver

Silver bar = 5 silver

Gold bar = 10 silver

😁 At least this way they aren't "worthless".

Jan 26, 2023, 01:3801/26/23
06/25/20

That's a rather loose definition of not worthless, lol.

My vote - add one new thing that can be purchased with medals, only once the GH is maxed, which, once purchased, removes arena missions from the daily/advanced quests :) 

Jan 26, 2023, 04:5501/26/23
02/11/21

Drop down to lower tiers, start scaring the noobs away, Plarium cares about them. Enough of you do that, they'll have to figure out what to do with you. 

They thought UDK in Bronze is bad, wait til Uncle Ang rolls in 4 legos deep lmao. 

Jan 26, 2023, 06:0301/26/23
06/20/19
Balltazer

Drop down to lower tiers, start scaring the noobs away, Plarium cares about them. Enough of you do that, they'll have to figure out what to do with you. 

They thought UDK in Bronze is bad, wait til Uncle Ang rolls in 4 legos deep lmao. 

LOL, I really have no motovation except to struggle platinum or drop down lol.  I guess just to keep the universal bonuses is worth doing 5 battles a day.

Jan 26, 2023, 13:2701/26/23
09/02/22
Balltazer

Somehow, I don't think that will work the way you think it will.   😁

I'm not 100% sure (and I know someone will correct me if I’m mistaken) but I believe there is an algorithm that takes your player power / level into account when generating your 10 opponents each
refresh.  

Even though you're in Bronze 1, you normally won't be matched against the “noobs” you're referring to if your total player power (for your account, not your team) is 5M and theirs is 15K.  

I have a alt account that lucked up and pulled double Legos during a Sacred event. I had UDK and got Ronda. Leveled both with brews. I honestly think I'm only 1/2 way through the starting campaign. Since all I do is log in and get the daily rewards, I don't have a ton of champions or gear in my vault my player power is very low. 

When I get bored and do some arena... it's a joke. I can one shot every team I'm placed against.  

Jan 26, 2023, 16:1101/26/23
06/20/19
Kankle69

Somehow, I don't think that will work the way you think it will.   😁

I'm not 100% sure (and I know someone will correct me if I’m mistaken) but I believe there is an algorithm that takes your player power / level into account when generating your 10 opponents each
refresh.  

Even though you're in Bronze 1, you normally won't be matched against the “noobs” you're referring to if your total player power (for your account, not your team) is 5M and theirs is 15K.  

I have a alt account that lucked up and pulled double Legos during a Sacred event. I had UDK and got Ronda. Leveled both with brews. I honestly think I'm only 1/2 way through the starting campaign. Since all I do is log in and get the daily rewards, I don't have a ton of champions or gear in my vault my player power is very low. 

When I get bored and do some arena... it's a joke. I can one shot every team I'm placed against.  

I don't believe you're correct about player power/level.  I'm fairly certain current arena points is the only factor when matching.