All Categories

Which armor setup is better?

Which armor setup is better?

Search
Comments
Jan 11, 2023, 11:1301/11/23
07/07/22
Carpe_Piscis

the reason draconis is outperforming your other champions is entirely because of his gear. in much the same way that the difference between 5* and 6* champions is huge, just going from level 8 to level 12 gear makes an enormous difference in performance and the jump from 12 to 16 even more so. if you were to take his gear and move it to someone like dreng or deliana, you'd get much more value out of it.

athel and tallia have a few pros and cons (athel has better multipliers and is easier to book, tallia has higher base stats and slightly more utility) but honestly neither one is worth ranking up at this point. ronda is a much better magic dps than either of them. the only downside she has is that she's not as good a campaign farmer, especially early on when its hard to get her booked. you have skullcrown however, and she's one of the best campaign champions in the game so that won't be an issue for you.

kyoku meanwhile is one of the best champs in the game period. you are correct that her damage is mediocre, but she's not there to deal damage. her job is to keep the rest of your team alive and she is frankly amazing at it.

and yes, you absolutely should use those chickens.

Hmm......I suppose Lugan the Steadfast could use some of them chickens....

Jan 11, 2023, 13:4501/11/23
Jan 11, 2023, 13:46(edited)
10/15/20
Sir Kyle

Hmm......I suppose Lugan the Steadfast could use some of them chickens....

No. Your next lvl 60 champ should be Skullcrown. Bring her to 60 all the way straight from the start. She will help your account the most.

Skullcrown can run the campaign very fast, and that way producing food for other champs, so you can increase the number of lvl 60 champs fast. Skullcrown in some damage gear (gloves crit rate, chest atk%, boots speed, substats: crit rate, crit dam, atk, speed) will do campaign stage 12-3 brutal in 6 seconds. You don't even need multi battles, you can do 10x campaign in a minute with her, that can be done manual. Skullcrown runs the campaign along with 3 random champs, that are only leveled up to serve as food and produce the next lvl 60 champ that way. And again and again, grinding is part of the game.

Bring a campaign farmer to 60 first, and go on with other champs then one by one. Making someone else lvl 60 first instead of a campaign farmer will slow down your progress. You have one lvl 60 champ either way, but it will take forever to make the next one if you go with a defensive champ like Lugan first.

In addition to her ability to farm campaign very fast, Skullcrown is a very good damage dealer for your arena team.

Jan 11, 2023, 16:2301/11/23
Jan 11, 2023, 16:38(edited)
07/07/22
Skadi

No. Your next lvl 60 champ should be Skullcrown. Bring her to 60 all the way straight from the start. She will help your account the most.

Skullcrown can run the campaign very fast, and that way producing food for other champs, so you can increase the number of lvl 60 champs fast. Skullcrown in some damage gear (gloves crit rate, chest atk%, boots speed, substats: crit rate, crit dam, atk, speed) will do campaign stage 12-3 brutal in 6 seconds. You don't even need multi battles, you can do 10x campaign in a minute with her, that can be done manual. Skullcrown runs the campaign along with 3 random champs, that are only leveled up to serve as food and produce the next lvl 60 champ that way. And again and again, grinding is part of the game.

Bring a campaign farmer to 60 first, and go on with other champs then one by one. Making someone else lvl 60 first instead of a campaign farmer will slow down your progress. You have one lvl 60 champ either way, but it will take forever to make the next one if you go with a defensive champ like Lugan first.

In addition to her ability to farm campaign very fast, Skullcrown is a very good damage dealer for your arena team.

Campaign mission in 6 seconds? That's crazy. She's better than Delia?

Jan 11, 2023, 17:1501/11/23
Jan 11, 2023, 17:16(edited)
10/15/20
Sir Kyle

Campaign mission in 6 seconds? That's crazy. She's better than Delia?

Ok, 6 seconds was a slight exaggeration. It's 8 seconds. 😺

i

You can't compare Skullcrown and Deliana. Skullcrown is a damage dealer, Deliana is a healer. You need both roles on your account.

But Skullcrown is the best champ to get to lvl 60 first, because she can do what you can see from my Saurus on the pic above: farming 12-3 brutal in 8 seconds. That's the way to get many food champs leveled fast, so you can bring a lot of champs to lvl 60 in reasonable time. Still a week or so per champ, but in a game played for years, like Raid, that's how it is.

You can compare Skullcrown with Saurus, as they both have the same job: damage dealers. Skullcrown is better. She has an integrated unkillable buff for defense from her skills, and she deals more damage. The reason why I use Saurus instead of Skullcrown for campaign farming is easy: I don't have Skullcrown. She is a very good void epic champ, I never pulled her in 2 years of Raid. If you have Skullcrown, you don't need a champ like Saurus anymore.

Jan 12, 2023, 16:1801/12/23
Jan 12, 2023, 16:19(edited)
07/07/22
Skadi

i

You can't compare Skullcrown and Deliana. Skullcrown is a damage dealer, Deliana is a healer. You need both roles on your account.

But Skullcrown is the best champ to get to lvl 60 first, because she can do what you can see from my Saurus on the pic above: farming 12-3 brutal in 8 seconds. That's the way to get many food champs leveled fast, so you can bring a lot of champs to lvl 60 in reasonable time. Still a week or so per champ, but in a game played for years, like Raid, that's how it is.

You can compare Skullcrown with Saurus, as they both have the same job: damage dealers. Skullcrown is better. She has an integrated unkillable buff for defense from her skills, and she deals more damage. The reason why I use Saurus instead of Skullcrown for campaign farming is easy: I don't have Skullcrown. She is a very good void epic champ, I never pulled her in 2 years of Raid. If you have Skullcrown, you don't need a champ like Saurus anymore.

Alright then, I'm convinced. leveling up Skullcrown. Suppose this will also be the start of a new faction team for faction crypts so win/win

Jan 16, 2023, 15:5601/16/23
Jan 16, 2023, 15:56(edited)
07/07/22
Skadi

i

Okay, Skullcrown's up to level 60

i

Jan 16, 2023, 17:3001/16/23
Jan 16, 2023, 17:31(edited)
10/15/20

Her stats are much to low and Bolster is probably one of the worst sets you can give to Skullcrown. The shield strength depends on the hp of the champ who wears the set and your Skullcrown has less than 20k hp. Champ with 60k hp in bolster = 20k shields on everybody. Low hp Skullcrown in bolster = 6k shields for everybody.

Try to achieve 100% critrate. The gloves would give 40% at lvl 16 (if they have crit rate main stat at all), but maybe you have 5* or 6* gloves for her. 100% crit rate is the most important stat. When that is done, increase her crit damage and attack from substats.

Skullcrown can take one hard hit and survive from her passive. Try to go on full damage with her gear.

Jan 16, 2023, 18:2501/16/23
04/19/20

mate get 25 rare champions to rank 4

fuse 5 star to 6 star

for now work on making champions stronger

Jan 17, 2023, 05:4701/17/23
07/07/22
Skadi

Her stats are much to low and Bolster is probably one of the worst sets you can give to Skullcrown. The shield strength depends on the hp of the champ who wears the set and your Skullcrown has less than 20k hp. Champ with 60k hp in bolster = 20k shields on everybody. Low hp Skullcrown in bolster = 6k shields for everybody.

Try to achieve 100% critrate. The gloves would give 40% at lvl 16 (if they have crit rate main stat at all), but maybe you have 5* or 6* gloves for her. 100% crit rate is the most important stat. When that is done, increase her crit damage and attack from substats.

Skullcrown can take one hard hit and survive from her passive. Try to go on full damage with her gear.

My bolster sets are the strongest gear I have. If I am using a different set, it will have lower stats.

Jan 17, 2023, 13:3001/17/23
10/15/20
Sir Kyle

My bolster sets are the strongest gear I have. If I am using a different set, it will have lower stats.

If that is the case, I would say you keep the wrong artifact pieces in general.

In a first step, you should sell all gloves, chests and boots with bad main stats: atk, def and hp without %. All of them, no exeption. These items are like the goats behind the wrong doors in the game show. 

After that is done, sell artifacts with bad substats. Bad substats are the same as bad main stats, hp, atk and def without %. If an item has 2 bad sub stats, sell it. If an item has one bad and one or more good substats, roll it to 4, if the bad sub stat is rolled, sell it. If not, repeat. Roll to 8, bad sub stat = sell. If it has two good sub stat rolls at lvl 8, keep it. 

After you cleared out your gear storage that way, you should have some silver to increase the good artifacts you actually use on your champs to 16. 

Jan 17, 2023, 16:4901/17/23
06/25/20
Skadi

In a first step, you should sell all gloves, chests and boots with bad main stats: atk, def and hp without %. All of them, no exeption. These items are like the goats behind the wrong doors in the game show. 

After that is done, sell artifacts with bad substats. Bad substats are the same as bad main stats, hp, atk and def without %. If an item has 2 bad sub stats, sell it. If an item has one bad and one or more good substats, roll it to 4, if the bad sub stat is rolled, sell it. If not, repeat. Roll to 8, bad sub stat = sell. If it has two good sub stat rolls at lvl 8, keep it. 

After you cleared out your gear storage that way, you should have some silver to increase the good artifacts you actually use on your champs to 16. 

Just to nitpick - I wouldn't autosell flay bottom row speed/perception/divinespeed/swiftparry, since you sometimes only care about speed with those sets.

Jan 18, 2023, 15:5401/18/23
07/07/22
Skadi

I have other sets. I just don't have the 5 and 6 star legendaries or epics for them. It's SO difficult to actually GET gear with the correct stats. Spd boots for example are crazy hard to find.

Jan 19, 2023, 09:2101/19/23
07/07/22
Skadi

Does the HP shield for Bolster go by the HP of the character with the bolster set equipped? Or does it give each character 30% of their OWN hp?

Jan 19, 2023, 12:3201/19/23
10/15/20
Sir Kyle

Does the HP shield for Bolster go by the HP of the character with the bolster set equipped? Or does it give each character 30% of their OWN hp?

The wearer's hp. Give this set to a champ with very high hp, he will protect the others.

Jan 21, 2023, 08:3101/21/23
07/07/22
Skadi

The wearer's hp. Give this set to a champ with very high hp, he will protect the others.

Ah, very good to know. thanks.

Feb 28, 2023, 14:2202/28/23
07/07/22
dthorne04

While affinity is important, I think you might be underrating the strength of specific champions as well as the roles they play.

Warpriest, Draconis among a few others you've taken up just aren't very good champions. You're also spread very thin resource wise due to making a bunch of 40s/50s while having just one 60. 60s is where we really make progression in the game, and you have quite a few worth taking up. Though it seems like we we want a well rounded roster at the start, what we really want to be doing is stay hyper focused on a few champs at first so we can ramp up progression.

Scyl: Reviver/healer/overall hard carry champ.

Stag Knight: Excellent defense down champ. 

Dreng, Kyoku are great champs in their own right. You'll want to bring up UDK, Ronda, perhaps Astralon as well. Demytha and Warcaster - or just Demytha by herself - might end up being apart of an unkillable Clan Boss comp for you someday.

The first thing I'd want to do is get a campaign farmer to 60. I'd suggest either Athel (your starter) or at this point maybe Ronda. Do you have any of these other champs listed in the link? Mainly wondering about the rare campaign farmers. 

https://hellhades.com/what-makes-an-effective-12-3-brutal-campaign-farmer/

Building a team of impactful, strong 60s will do wonders for your ability to get better gear in Dungeons. We'll need to campaign farm to do that.

What about Sir Artimage? He has that SPD aura and has that basic attack which gives defense and speed reduction. Seems like a good option to me.

Feb 28, 2023, 14:5502/28/23
10/15/20
Sir Kyle

What about Sir Artimage? He has that SPD aura and has that basic attack which gives defense and speed reduction. Seems like a good option to me.

You posted your champion roster 3 months ago. Do you have any new champs, who are not shown in this pic? Did you lvl up some more to lvl 60 since then, exept Skullcrown?

However, Sir Artimage would not be my first choice to bring to 60. The effect you mentioned, decrease speed and decrease def on his A1, are on a single target. Stag Knight can decrease attack and def of all enemies at once. That's just inarguable better.

Imagine your dungeon team, you could either pair Skullcrown with Stag Knight or with Sir Artimage. Let's start with the latter, Sir Artimage attacks one enemy and reduces his def. Then Skullcrown attacks the opponents. One of them recieves a very big hit from reduced def, the other 4 get only the normal damage. Now, compare to Stag Knight and Skullcrown. Stag Knight attacks all enemies, reduces the def of all of them. Then Skullcrown follows and attacks all enemies. All of them recieve a big hit from their reduced def.

You should follow the advice dthorne allready gave to you, lvl up Scyl and Stag Knight next.

Feb 28, 2023, 15:5802/28/23
07/07/22
Skadi

You posted your champion roster 3 months ago. Do you have any new champs, who are not shown in this pic? Did you lvl up some more to lvl 60 since then, exept Skullcrown?

However, Sir Artimage would not be my first choice to bring to 60. The effect you mentioned, decrease speed and decrease def on his A1, are on a single target. Stag Knight can decrease attack and def of all enemies at once. That's just inarguable better.

Imagine your dungeon team, you could either pair Skullcrown with Stag Knight or with Sir Artimage. Let's start with the latter, Sir Artimage attacks one enemy and reduces his def. Then Skullcrown attacks the opponents. One of them recieves a very big hit from reduced def, the other 4 get only the normal damage. Now, compare to Stag Knight and Skullcrown. Stag Knight attacks all enemies, reduces the def of all of them. Then Skullcrown follows and attacks all enemies. All of them recieve a big hit from their reduced def.

You should follow the advice dthorne allready gave to you, lvl up Scyl and Stag Knight next.

Yeah, a few new ones. Made Lugan the Steadfast lvl60 cus I really like him. As you can see I have 5 conquerors at 5stars and am thus ready to make another lvl60. Just trying to decide on who. You make a good point with Stag Knight although that'd mean nearly all my lvl60s are Spirit Champions. I could go with Astralon or Ronda. I use Sir Artimage a LOT in Arena so he would seem like a good idea. Karato and Kyoku are also Spirit champions so meh. I feel like everybody underestimates Draconis really. Athel and Tallia are of course always options. But I don't know. Figured I'd see what folks have to say.

i

Feb 28, 2023, 16:0302/28/23
07/07/22

Suppose Scyl could work although I'm not too fond of the Barbarian faction as opposed to Banner Lord and Sacred Order. Hmm.

Mar 1, 2023, 07:2203/01/23
11/19/22

Get either your starter champ (Athel) or Ronda to lvl 60 so you can use them to farm the campaigns and make it easier to level up food champs to evolve your good ones. Either will also help in other content.