All Categories

Which armor setup is better?

Search
Jan 8, 2023, 15:2101/08/23
07/07/22

I have two armor sets I am considering giving Astralon. I can't decide which is better. Can anyone give their opinion?

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jan 8, 2023, 15:2601/08/23
04/19/20

speed and accuracy is too low  for arena

better in stoneskin thats my opinion

but damn buff speed and accuracy

Jan 8, 2023, 16:0001/08/23
07/08/19

a bit hard to say when none of the gear is levelled, but my guess would be neither one. both builds shown don't have nearly enough speed or crit rate, nor enough atk and crit damage. bringing the gear up to 16 might put the numbers where you need them to be or it might give you a bunch of useless stats depending on how the substat rolls pan out (and also whether or not your gear has proper stats).

of the two, the first has a higher chance of working out. most of his important stats are higher and instinct at least has some synergy with his kit, whereas bolster is a complete mismatch. however, if you don't have the right stats on his gear (crit rate/crit dmg gloves, atk% chest, speed boots for main stats, crit rate/dmg, atk, speed, and accuracy substats) then it won't be a good build.

Jan 8, 2023, 17:2201/08/23
07/07/22
azuredarko

speed and accuracy is too low  for arena

better in stoneskin thats my opinion

but damn buff speed and accuracy

I'm trying. Gear with the correct stats is very difficult to find. These are the best I've gotten so far.

Jan 8, 2023, 17:2501/08/23
07/07/22
Carpe_Piscis

a bit hard to say when none of the gear is levelled, but my guess would be neither one. both builds shown don't have nearly enough speed or crit rate, nor enough atk and crit damage. bringing the gear up to 16 might put the numbers where you need them to be or it might give you a bunch of useless stats depending on how the substat rolls pan out (and also whether or not your gear has proper stats).

of the two, the first has a higher chance of working out. most of his important stats are higher and instinct at least has some synergy with his kit, whereas bolster is a complete mismatch. however, if you don't have the right stats on his gear (crit rate/crit dmg gloves, atk% chest, speed boots for main stats, crit rate/dmg, atk, speed, and accuracy substats) then it won't be a good build.

Bolster's been kinda nice on all my guys just because it helps them to survive the initial hits from enemy teams and adds a bit of staying power without needing to fill a slot with a healer.

It's been very difficult to find suitable gear for my champions. Especially with Faction Wars forcing me to gear up so many different teams.

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 8, 2023, 21:4801/08/23
Jan 8, 2023, 21:48(edited)
12/30/20
Sir Kyle

Bolster's been kinda nice on all my guys just because it helps them to survive the initial hits from enemy teams and adds a bit of staying power without needing to fill a slot with a healer.

It's been very difficult to find suitable gear for my champions. Especially with Faction Wars forcing me to gear up so many different teams.

I'd be curious to see how far along you are in the game with regards to progression and roster size because it sounds like you might be trying to stretch your gear a little too thin. 

Jan 8, 2023, 22:3501/08/23
06/25/20
Sir Kyle

Nobody except yourself is forcing you to do faction wars :)

Jan 8, 2023, 23:0301/08/23
10/15/20

Some of the stuff shown in this pic, 4* lvl 8, is good stuff for early faction wars. But a champ like Astralon deserves better stuff.

Even if you don't show the single pieces of the items, I would still guess that the problem is in your wrong approach to use complete sets by any means. You should favour good stats instead, even if that break up the sets.

For Astralon, I would use artifacts with the following main stats: crit rate gloves, attack% chest and speed boots. Wanted substats: accuracy, crit rate (until you reach 100%), crit dam, speed. If any set should be completed, it's perception, as it brings accuracy and speed.

Jan 9, 2023, 02:0601/09/23
07/07/22
dthorne04

I'd be curious to see how far along you are in the game with regards to progression and roster size because it sounds like you might be trying to stretch your gear a little too thin. 

I could share screenshots. What stats would you want to see?

Jan 9, 2023, 02:0801/09/23
07/07/22
kramaswamy.kr

Nobody except yourself is forcing you to do faction wars :)

Gots ta get that gear.

Jan 9, 2023, 02:1101/09/23
07/07/22
Skadi

Some of the stuff shown in this pic, 4* lvl 8, is good stuff for early faction wars. But a champ like Astralon deserves better stuff.

Even if you don't show the single pieces of the items, I would still guess that the problem is in your wrong approach to use complete sets by any means. You should favour good stats instead, even if that break up the sets.

For Astralon, I would use artifacts with the following main stats: crit rate gloves, attack% chest and speed boots. Wanted substats: accuracy, crit rate (until you reach 100%), crit dam, speed. If any set should be completed, it's perception, as it brings accuracy and speed.

I'll keep that im mind. Thanks.

Jan 9, 2023, 15:3601/09/23
06/25/20
Sir Kyle

Gots ta get that gear.

Just to be totally clear - my point was that you should *not* be wasting resources on faction wars, except perhaps giving hand-me-downs to some of the teams that have some 60s because you leveled them for other dungeon content.

You need to focus on farming food, and on gearing your dungeon teams so you can actually start farming gear. FW will let you get perception gear, sure, but until you're at higher floors, you'll be forced to forge the crummy 4-5* gear instead of the proper 5-6* ones.

Jan 11, 2023, 01:0201/11/23
07/07/22
kramaswamy.kr

Just to be totally clear - my point was that you should *not* be wasting resources on faction wars, except perhaps giving hand-me-downs to some of the teams that have some 60s because you leveled them for other dungeon content.

You need to focus on farming food, and on gearing your dungeon teams so you can actually start farming gear. FW will let you get perception gear, sure, but until you're at higher floors, you'll be forced to forge the crummy 4-5* gear instead of the proper 5-6* ones.

Farming food?

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 11, 2023, 02:0901/11/23
12/30/20
Sir Kyle

Farming food?

12-3 Brutal, taking up food champs (usually uncommons) through campaign to turn into chickens. That's what kram means. :)

Would you be able to post your roster by any chance? I'm curious to see what you're working with as a whole. 

Jan 11, 2023, 03:3801/11/23
07/07/22
dthorne04

12-3 Brutal, taking up food champs (usually uncommons) through campaign to turn into chickens. That's what kram means. :)

Would you be able to post your roster by any chance? I'm curious to see what you're working with as a whole. 

There ya go.

i

Jan 11, 2023, 04:0701/11/23
07/08/19
Sir Kyle

There ya go.

i

i suspect that the reason you're having so much trouble regarding gear is that you're struggling with higher level dungeons, where the good gear drops come from. the reason you're struggling with higher level dungeons is that you have one level 60 champion. this is what we who have experience with the game refer to as "bad".

the difference between rank 5 and rank 6 champions is huge. the fact that all your champions are only rank 5 is completely killing any hope you have at progressing in this game. forget about gear and do nothing besides grind food on 12-3. start by making someone who can solo it rank 60 so you can level 3 food champs at a time (i'd suggest athel). speaking of food, every rare shown here besides athel and reliquary tender is pretty much useless, so you can make your next rank 6 from draconis, justicar, chevalier, templar, and any of the rares at 40 as soon as you rank one up to 5*.

while the rank of your champs is your biggest problem, i am somewhat curious about your gear. do some of your champs have higher level stuff and the two you've shown here are just outliers, or is all your gear at level 8? if it's the latter, that's also a pretty significant problem.

Jan 11, 2023, 04:3101/11/23
Jan 11, 2023, 04:36(edited)
07/07/22
Carpe_Piscis

i suspect that the reason you're having so much trouble regarding gear is that you're struggling with higher level dungeons, where the good gear drops come from. the reason you're struggling with higher level dungeons is that you have one level 60 champion. this is what we who have experience with the game refer to as "bad".

the difference between rank 5 and rank 6 champions is huge. the fact that all your champions are only rank 5 is completely killing any hope you have at progressing in this game. forget about gear and do nothing besides grind food on 12-3. start by making someone who can solo it rank 60 so you can level 3 food champs at a time (i'd suggest athel). speaking of food, every rare shown here besides athel and reliquary tender is pretty much useless, so you can make your next rank 6 from draconis, justicar, chevalier, templar, and any of the rares at 40 as soon as you rank one up to 5*.

while the rank of your champs is your biggest problem, i am somewhat curious about your gear. do some of your champs have higher level stuff and the two you've shown here are just outliers, or is all your gear at level 8? if it's the latter, that's also a pretty significant problem.

8 is kind of my default point to start at but I do have a few characters with higher leveled gear. I know you suggest feeding Draconis but he's actually really good even if he is a rare. He's very hard to kill and deals good single target damage and healing. Plus he looks so cool and Templar-like. And being a Void hero I don't need to worry about what type of enemies I throw him at. he can kill them all equally.

i

dthorne04Moderator
Jan 11, 2023, 04:5301/11/23
12/30/20

While affinity is important, I think you might be underrating the strength of specific champions as well as the roles they play.

Warpriest, Draconis among a few others you've taken up just aren't very good champions. You're also spread very thin resource wise due to making a bunch of 40s/50s while having just one 60. 60s is where we really make progression in the game, and you have quite a few worth taking up. Though it seems like we we want a well rounded roster at the start, what we really want to be doing is stay hyper focused on a few champs at first so we can ramp up progression.

Scyl: Reviver/healer/overall hard carry champ.

Stag Knight: Excellent defense down champ. 

Dreng, Kyoku are great champs in their own right. You'll want to bring up UDK, Ronda, perhaps Astralon as well. Demytha and Warcaster - or just Demytha by herself - might end up being apart of an unkillable Clan Boss comp for you someday.

The first thing I'd want to do is get a campaign farmer to 60. I'd suggest either Athel (your starter) or at this point maybe Ronda. Do you have any of these other champs listed in the link? Mainly wondering about the rare campaign farmers. 

https://hellhades.com/what-makes-an-effective-12-3-brutal-campaign-farmer/

Building a team of impactful, strong 60s will do wonders for your ability to get better gear in Dungeons. We'll need to campaign farm to do that.

Jan 11, 2023, 06:4201/11/23
07/07/22
dthorne04

While affinity is important, I think you might be underrating the strength of specific champions as well as the roles they play.

Warpriest, Draconis among a few others you've taken up just aren't very good champions. You're also spread very thin resource wise due to making a bunch of 40s/50s while having just one 60. 60s is where we really make progression in the game, and you have quite a few worth taking up. Though it seems like we we want a well rounded roster at the start, what we really want to be doing is stay hyper focused on a few champs at first so we can ramp up progression.

Scyl: Reviver/healer/overall hard carry champ.

Stag Knight: Excellent defense down champ. 

Dreng, Kyoku are great champs in their own right. You'll want to bring up UDK, Ronda, perhaps Astralon as well. Demytha and Warcaster - or just Demytha by herself - might end up being apart of an unkillable Clan Boss comp for you someday.

The first thing I'd want to do is get a campaign farmer to 60. I'd suggest either Athel (your starter) or at this point maybe Ronda. Do you have any of these other champs listed in the link? Mainly wondering about the rare campaign farmers. 

https://hellhades.com/what-makes-an-effective-12-3-brutal-campaign-farmer/

Building a team of impactful, strong 60s will do wonders for your ability to get better gear in Dungeons. We'll need to campaign farm to do that.

I have Skullcrown and Felhound but I believe I got rid of my Bellower.

I kinda just set em all aside though. I am all about the Knightly factions; Banner Lords and Sacred Order.

Why is Kyoku good? She barely seems to deal any damage.

I only levelled Warpriest to 60 because I got a 6 star soul for her so I thought it would be cool.

Athel and Tallia are pretty much the same thing aren't they? Tallia's counterattack buff feels pretty nice for fighting groups.

Jan 11, 2023, 06:4301/11/23
07/07/22

I do have 8 5star chickens I was saving. Guess I should use them huh?

Jan 11, 2023, 07:3801/11/23
07/08/19
Sir Kyle

I have Skullcrown and Felhound but I believe I got rid of my Bellower.

I kinda just set em all aside though. I am all about the Knightly factions; Banner Lords and Sacred Order.

Why is Kyoku good? She barely seems to deal any damage.

I only levelled Warpriest to 60 because I got a 6 star soul for her so I thought it would be cool.

Athel and Tallia are pretty much the same thing aren't they? Tallia's counterattack buff feels pretty nice for fighting groups.

the reason draconis is outperforming your other champions is entirely because of his gear. in much the same way that the difference between 5* and 6* champions is huge, just going from level 8 to level 12 gear makes an enormous difference in performance and the jump from 12 to 16 even more so. if you were to take his gear and move it to someone like dreng or deliana, you'd get much more value out of it.

athel and tallia have a few pros and cons (athel has better multipliers and is easier to book, tallia has higher base stats and slightly more utility) but honestly neither one is worth ranking up at this point. ronda is a much better magic dps than either of them. the only downside she has is that she's not as good a campaign farmer, especially early on when its hard to get her booked. you have skullcrown however, and she's one of the best campaign champions in the game so that won't be an issue for you.

kyoku meanwhile is one of the best champs in the game period. you are correct that her damage is mediocre, but she's not there to deal damage. her job is to keep the rest of your team alive and she is frankly amazing at it.

and yes, you absolutely should use those chickens.