All Categories

Why Do You Guys Still Play?

Why Do You Guys Still Play?

Search
Comments
Jul 22, 2019, 21:4107/22/19
04/16/19
I played Legendary Game of Heroes for about 18 months and invested around $800. I quit because the game catered only to whales. Raid isn’t perfect, but this game’s attempts to get you to pay are amateur hour when compared to War Robots of LGoH. I’ve played Raid for almost 3 months and I’ve spent $5. It’s a wonderful time killer. There is limited drive to compete against other players here and I’m fine if I don’t get to complete every event. I play everyday, but I don’t think that means I should earn every reward. 3 months is still relatively new to the game, so I’m grinding and waiting. This game is definitely one of the lesser evil gatcha/ P2W games.
Jul 22, 2019, 23:2307/22/19
06/07/19
charshadow3 said:

I personally stick around because I'm still hooked but also because this whole situation is both sad and fun to watch. I just wonder how it unfolds.
Well then we are on a same boat + ppl butthurt is delicious.
Jul 23, 2019, 07:2007/23/19
08/20/18

if i wasn't a member of a top 5 clan and been so since clans came about i would be outta here too mate,

the games not even pay 2 win its pay to fail...no communication and omg the list go's on and don't get me started hahaha

'but yea as above ^^  

100% of 0 

Jul 23, 2019, 10:0907/23/19
Jul 23, 2019, 10:09(edited)
04/19/19
The latest epic champion fuse event is just another joke.....Why would anyone wanna go thru all those troubles to obtain a garbage that only looks good at the vault???They should have come up with an epic champion that is better than RK.   
CirillaAdmin
Jul 23, 2019, 12:4607/23/19
02/27/19

Hey everyone! We all have our own opinion and our own reasons for staying in the game or leaving it behind. Certainly, every point deserves attention and respect. What I would like you to know is that, obviously, we want all of you to stay with us and wait to see what's coming (because there is still a lot to look forward to). Our dev team is full of exciting ideas which we strive to bring to the game as soon as we can.

As for the Broadmaw's Fusion, the champion may seem not that great to the players who already own good Epics and Legendaries (and even for these guys Broadmaw could be a nice addition for strengthening teams, considering the fact that Faction Wars are coming and there is a very good chance that the champion will be useful there). For new players, Broadmaw will be definitely useful. Besides, we are getting ready to launch yet another Fusion and this one will interest all of our players. 
Jul 23, 2019, 13:0607/23/19
Jul 23, 2019, 13:07(edited)
06/30/19

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if my post is not fantastic writing but I use google translation to make me understand. I will not go in the same direction as the previous posts. I play because for the moment this game amuses me. I am looking for the first event reward because I know that I would not wait for the top of the ranking except one or two event if I collected this or that resource. It's especially the optimization aspect of the heroes that interests me and I had some pleasure to mount punctually in league silver 1 with my band of hero lvl 40 against heroes lvl 50. On my side when a game I like I will ended up buying a pack to 5, 10 euros to encourage the development of the game. It is true that I have not done it for Raid yet but I am waiting to see if there is a level without paying to win, intermediate in which I could continue to have fun. I saw that there will be dwarves so for the moment I wisely save my cristals than win in missions and events to open everything when they go out. Il love dwarfs !

Ideas of ameliotation:

1.tournaments by level so that everyone can be interested in his level. With my 250 pts I was very far from the first to over 3000.

2. Specialization, optimization and respecialization of less expensive heroes so that everyone can test different teams and synergies between characters more fun. This would also allow players who have spent a lot of money for advance their characters to stop raging

Thank you for not screaming at me after this comment I simply answer the question of its author, giving another point of view

Jul 23, 2019, 14:5207/23/19
02/16/19

I keep playing this game because it's fun. I enjoy collecting champions and equipment and slowly progressing over months.

The attempts to monetize this game are actually very reasonable. You can earn LITERALLY ANYTHING as F2P. Go play other similar games and enjoy seeing OP champions that can ONLY be obtained by spending hundreds of dollars.

If you're not having fun playing a game anymore, just stop playing it and move on. Sticking around on forums and complaining about a game you don't even play anymore is pathetic.
Jul 23, 2019, 15:0207/23/19
03/16/19
Cirilla said:

Hey everyone! We all have our own opinion and our own reasons for staying in the game or leaving it behind. Certainly, every point deserves attention and respect. What I would like you to know is that, obviously, we want all of you to stay with us and wait to see what's coming (because there is still a lot to look forward to). Our dev team is full of exciting ideas which we strive to bring to the game as soon as we can.

As for the Broadmaw's Fusion, the champion may seem not that great to the players who already own good Epics and Legendaries (and even for these guys Broadmaw could be a nice addition for strengthening teams, considering the fact that Faction Wars are coming and there is a very good chance that the champion will be useful there). For new players, Broadmaw will be definitely useful. Besides, we are getting ready to launch yet another Fusion and this one will interest all of our players. 
Hi cirilla new fusion is good. But we need somethings more than that. Is there any plan to add nightmare difficulty on campaign ? we need a new stage with more exp so we can leveling and upgrading rank much faster.   
Jul 23, 2019, 17:3507/23/19
03/13/19

Kerykeion said

I keep playing this game because it's fun. I enjoy collecting champions and equipment and slowly progressing over months.

The attempts to monetize this game are actually very reasonable. You can earn LITERALLY ANYTHING as F2P. Go play other similar games and enjoy seeing OP champions that can ONLY be obtained by spending hundreds of dollars.

If you're not having fun playing a game anymore, just stop playing it and move on. Sticking around on forums and complaining about a game you don't even play anymore is pathetic.
couldnt agree more
Jul 24, 2019, 04:2907/24/19
07/15/19

Cirilla said:

Fusions just mean that you are going to have a TON of people with Broadmaw, just like you do with Relickeeper.  It doesn't fix the imbalances, and it doesn't fix the fact that players have NO choice what champions they play with outside of (what will eventually be) a small handful of fusion champions.

I love the undead, dark elves, and the darker side of games like this in general.  Meanwhile, the only viable epic I had was Aothar, someone who is on the "heroic" end that I had NO interest in aesthetically at all whatsoever.  However, since he was the best choice I had for clan boss, I had no choice but to play with a champion I had no interest in.

Fusions don't fix anything, unless you had so many fusions that people could customize their teams to an extent.  This would mean at least 2-3 legendary/epic fusions in every single faction type.  Then, you'd have to regularly rotate which ones players could get to keep from funneling everyone down.  But funneling would still happen because...

That STILL won't fix the fact that if champions like Roshcard or Kymar ever became a fusion, 99% of all players would get him for their arena team because he is so OP.  Players are still getting funneled in what they have to play with because of HUGE imbalances.

And then there is the issue that some champions have specific abilities that make them necessary.  Like Apothecary used to be a must for clan boss for the speed boost.  95% of my clan used him.  Now, Khatun is the new Apo, so now everyone is using her or on their way to maxing her out to do so.  Funneling is not fun.  Being able to choose who we play with because we like their look or their skills is fun.

I mean hell, even if you guys made it so that we could do some type of transmogrification that only we ourselves could see that made our champions look different just on our end, that would be great.  At least we could make a team that we liked the look of, and being able to change transmogrification with a reasonable cost would DRAMATICALLY help player retention, as it would help end the redundancy.  This could be easily done, and if only we ourselves saw our champions as differently from transmog, then it wouldn't confuse other players, because they would still see the champion for who they truly are.

Anyway, I wish you guys hadn't done that whole paywall scam, I really do.  I really did love the game, the various champions, the various skills, etc.  However, like others have said here, in your other post you linked to, and in many threads that have been deleted, I can't stick around after a company tries to scam me like that.  To do so would just encourage the same behavior in the future.

And faction wars has been "coming soon" since February, five months ago now...

Oh, and one last thing... At the bare minimum, you guys should at least give players the ability to "block" specific factions they don't want. Even if it was just say 3-4 we could block at one time, it would at least give us a little more choice. This just came to mind when I remembered seeing "Dwarves" faction before I deleted. I have ZERO interest in overweight midgets.

Maybe in a few months or something I might take a look at the game again, but for now, you guys definitely need to lose a good portion of your player base for at least a little while to discourage scams in the future.  And if I were to come back later on, I would never spend another dime on the game, not after what you guys tried to do to me with Foli.

Jul 24, 2019, 06:0907/24/19
04/20/19

I still play because it's the type of game I've been looking for in terms of gameplay, I come from very grindy games like Runescape and the oldschool version [been playing since 2006!] it may have some issues [what game doesn't though] but i prefer to look at the positives and play the game for what it is, i do see people's points on certain things but again, I play for the gameplay, leveling, gearing and collecting, all big ticks in my boxes in terms of what I like in a game.[i also tend to get very hardcore and nerdy on these types of games as well].

This is just my opinion though after all, some may agree with me, some may disagree and that's fine as we all have different views. 
Jan 5, 2020, 02:2101/05/20
12/04/17
I've paid the some money (appx. €20,-), but I won't give them no money anymore. I played this game for about a year now (on and off) , but I'll quit very soon. Let them (the Russian company who owns this game) choke in their money.
Jan 19, 2020, 17:2701/19/20
Jan 19, 2020, 17:28(edited)
So new event has decent rewards but is only for pay to play. Typical summoning event. Typical rip off only last 2 days so buy to win only
Jan 20, 2020, 03:3201/20/20
05/16/19

I have found ways to enjoy the game while working with a VERY limited budget.

For those claiming you can get "anything" in the game as free to play, that's not even remotely true.  The events as of late have become even more pay to win than they used to be, to the point where I don't even have enough hours in the day to finish them.

This current champion training tournament is brutal.  It's honestly a p*ssing contest for whales to see who can buy Lyssandra.  Sad thing is, the people spending that much money to get her most likely won't even need her.  It's just an ego boost for them.

But anyway, I actually added a video on my YouTube channel on getting the most out of the game on a budget.  I feel you really can't be competitive at all without spending at least a little money, but budgeting is key so you don't go overboard.  Some people let their addictions get the best of them and spend way more than is reasonable.  If you have the expendable income and really want to spend it on pixels, to each his own.  But, if you're cutting into family funds, college funds for the kids, or overall cutting yourself short in other aspects of life just to get your fix in this game, you have a problem and should seek counseling.  I have heard of some very depressing stories of people getting way out of control with their spending, blowing thousands of dollars on this app.  Just be reasonable.
Jan 20, 2020, 04:2701/20/20
03/16/19
AscendantGod said:

I have found ways to enjoy the game while working with a VERY limited budget.

For those claiming you can get "anything" in the game as free to play, that's not even remotely true.  The events as of late have become even more pay to win than they used to be, to the point where I don't even have enough hours in the day to finish them.

This current champion training tournament is brutal.  It's honestly a p*ssing contest for whales to see who can buy Lyssandra.  Sad thing is, the people spending that much money to get her most likely won't even need her.  It's just an ego boost for them.

But anyway, I actually added a video on my YouTube channel on getting the most out of the game on a budget.  I feel you really can't be competitive at all without spending at least a little money, but budgeting is key so you don't go overboard.  Some people let their addictions get the best of them and spend way more than is reasonable.  If you have the expendable income and really want to spend it on pixels, to each his own.  But, if you're cutting into family funds, college funds for the kids, or overall cutting yourself short in other aspects of life just to get your fix in this game, you have a problem and should seek counseling.  I have heard of some very depressing stories of people getting way out of control with their spending, blowing thousands of dollars on this app.  Just be reasonable.
Now I'm only bought daily gem pack. With $10 i got 2000+ gem. Not gonna spent money on raid pass or others stuff anymore. 
Jan 20, 2020, 10:1501/20/20
02/11/19

Psychological tricks lmao

So many people crying and moaning about spending money on this game.

Get a life people platinum and all the game companies do not force you to pay for anything.

YOU LOT DO THAT ALL BY YOURSELF

You want to level up faster

You want to get the best heroes etc faster

You want the top upgrades faster

You want the new items etc faster

Because you want it you decide to pay for it.

Stop blaming the game and look at yourself.

Jan 20, 2020, 12:1101/20/20
01/04/20

I agree this game is awful except the Characters.

Characters design is good.

The game system hold them back.
Feb 11, 2020, 03:1202/11/20
01/04/20
I canceled my subscription and requested a refund this game is unplayable on mobile even though advertised as so, which is false advertisement! On top of it, they only care about the rich part of the community and lock the low spending or F2P people out of acquiring characters needed to actually enjoy the game and progress! Way overpriced items, this company is greedy, sneaky, and deserve to lose their player base for the way they treat them!
Feb 11, 2020, 05:5502/11/20
11/30/19
After I got into game 'feature' carousel and tried to resolve issue with 'support', I understood that it works on auto reply mode. Wanted to give my honest review on google play store, but found out that they disabled reviews on it. All I can do is try to recover my money spent on it. It takes up to 5 days for refunds to complete, but its my money and I deffinately will work towards returning it. I hope karma will make a visit to this 'company'.
May 6, 2020, 11:4705/06/20
02/23/20
haven't paid for anything yet
The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.