Patch 6.2 News and Thoughts

Patch 6.2 News and Thoughts

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 13:4410/25/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

There's a key difference though. Nothing is stopping me from getting any one of those void legendaries. Are my odds low? Sure they are. But I'll farm void shards from CB, and when I pull them, I have just as good of a chance as anyone else.

These item sets though, are different. I get exactly 20 chances at useful items. I was extremely lucky to get a very viable Bolster set from my first ten. That's a meta-defining set. My go-second team would be completely ineffective if I didn't have Bolster. Instead, it's practically unbeatable.

I'm not complaining about Bolster, though, because its practical value is basically just limited to PvP, and as much as Plarium wants to try, RSL is not a PvP game. I am complaining about this set, because it is going to inevitably shape how new content is crafted.

Sure, I might be overreading this. But I don't think I am.

I just find the low low odds getting good stuff while F2P on Bolster Pass or Defiant Pass or Whatever Pass is similar to the odds of F2P void leggos. It's great that you got lucky and got a good set with your small number of rolls, and the argument could be that people will also get lucky with Defiant Pass.

That said, my feedback on Instinct and Forge Pass sets in general has always been that F2P needs more ways to get them. That feedback is passed directly from y'all, and includes things like being able to collect materials in other areas of the game after the Pass has "passed on", so to speak. So mats in Hydra or Arena chests, or Secret Room rewards, or those faction and alliance and rarity specific dungeon events that we keep seeing. I think that's a solid avenue rather than expecting adjustments to something they have set prices and F2P vs P2W ratios to for 4 passes already.

And sure, it's obvious that I feel you're overreading, and don't think the sky is falling any more or less than any other day in Raid, but really that's okay. Personally, I prefer seeing the real thoughts people have about the stuff being released, when thought about constructively.

Oct 25, 2022, 13:5910/25/22
06/25/20

Adding materials to forge those items to dungeon/dth/etc would 100% address my concerns, FWIW. I'm okay with there being a "grace period" where the spenders get to flex their muscles. Add them in, say, six months after the second iteration of the forge pass has taken place.

Oct 25, 2022, 19:5310/25/22
02/11/21

My Seer is wearing Instinct, she sends her regards. 

Oct 25, 2022, 21:2510/25/22
10/08/17

I personally watched the ASH & Leila co-lab video 

But RAID kicked this faction out  of the park....looks AMAZING!  This  is why RAID is the BEST in the world!

I am hyped and  officially saving all shards  until the new faction release to have the best opportunity at all those so very cool champions

Thankyou RAID for being Awesome yet again :)

Oct 26, 2022, 07:2010/26/22
10/15/20

My feelings.

New faction- cool, always fun to have a new faction to play with.

The void lego ignoring stoneskin- hmmm not fun for those who have gone hard into stoneskin but encouraging you to invest in something then introducing its nerf is the plarium way lol. To be fair tho its a void lego so wont be widespread and people can already use bombs

... the power creep is real though...  its an insane champ.

And then the bit i dont like- the set.

Any other gear i can farm, i have no issue with pay to play people getting stuff quicker than me, but i can still farm it somewhere albeit more slowly.

This stuff is going to be OP for arena and it is only available to those who open their wallets?.

It strips away a bit of the legitimacy of those of us who always maintain it is not a pay to win game.

Oct 26, 2022, 20:5610/26/22
10/08/17
trevor.wilson

My feelings.

New faction- cool, always fun to have a new faction to play with.

The void lego ignoring stoneskin- hmmm not fun for those who have gone hard into stoneskin but encouraging you to invest in something then introducing its nerf is the plarium way lol. To be fair tho its a void lego so wont be widespread and people can already use bombs

... the power creep is real though...  its an insane champ.

And then the bit i dont like- the set.

Any other gear i can farm, i have no issue with pay to play people getting stuff quicker than me, but i can still farm it somewhere albeit more slowly.

This stuff is going to be OP for arena and it is only available to those who open their wallets?.

It strips away a bit of the legitimacy of those of us who always maintain it is not a pay to win game.

"The SET"

well RAID has  me seriously thinking to buy a Raid pass for FORGE now

So guess they achieved the  objective.................more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Flow

Oct 26, 2022, 21:3210/26/22
06/05/22

Mushroom guy has already been nerfed. Might still be good, but the nerf was quite harsh.

Oct 27, 2022, 14:1810/27/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

I think you should be more worried about Taunt breaking all the arena comps. But then, something is always breaking the arena comps.... so time to find more arena comps, I guess. lol

Defiant is just gonna allow some non-endgame people to do better in Hydra or Iron Twins. Or maybe allow me to finally make progress on some full auto Hydra comps. 

So like Provoke, except takes no accuracy to place it, but the enemies are not restricted only to A1.....or like inverse Veil (think Duchess' Veil) but without Veil benefits. Doesn't seem that OP to me. I think the worst thing about it is that it can be stolen lol Worried about Konstantin catching a Taunt from some tree hippie :) 

That and Defiant seem to make single-target nuker more relevant than ever......except we won't know who is wearing defiant until Trunda starts shooting blanks, even worse than Stoneskin. 

Oct 27, 2022, 19:2310/27/22
01/15/21

I have just taken a look more closely at the new champs. The void Lego is completely and utterly game breaking. I can only assume that plarium intend to run a X10 on him then offer to sell lots of void packs.  It's a ridiculously OP champ 

Oct 27, 2022, 19:5110/27/22
harleQuinn

I was saying quickly in the other thread that personally I don't find the Defiant set that crazy. Not many people are using Stalwart outside of the Clan Bosses. I find Bolster a much better and "must have" set than this.

What do others think about it? You guys worried about Defiant and if so why? Does someone doing a little better in Hydra matter all that much?

Maybe, because 2 pieces set ? Other thing should be nice upgrading the 1300 artifact storage numbers. Came new sets time to time, but the storage limit still at 1300.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 27, 2022, 20:2210/27/22
02/24/19
Deleted

Maybe, because 2 pieces set ? Other thing should be nice upgrading the 1300 artifact storage numbers. Came new sets time to time, but the storage limit still at 1300.

Nothing wrong with more storage. Would love to see it. :)