All Categories

Patch 6.2 News and Thoughts

Search
harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 10:4210/25/22
02/24/19

Patch coming Thursday. Here is the Hellhades Video about Patch 6.2.

I will update as the news comes out. :)

Patch 6.2 

New Champions 

New Faction: Sylvan Watchers Starting with 4 legendaries, 6 epics, and 1 rare currently

i

New Buff: Taunt If a champion is under a Taunt buff, enemies can only target this champion. Multiple taunts allow the enemy to choose which Taunt champ they attack. Provoke takes priority over Taunt. Taunt overrides Veil. Cannot be spread or increased, can be stolen, removed or decreased

New Set: Defiant Two piece set that reduces incoming AoE Damage by 15%, and grants 10% Defense. It seems strong, Stalwart++ for sure.

Instinct Set is being buffed to have 20% ignore defense and 12% increase speed.

RAID OFFICIAL 6.2 UPDATE VIDEO 

The New Champs here on the Forum 

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 25, 2022, 10:4710/25/22
02/28/22

Time to finish my last two Faction Wars

New set way to overpowered, three equiped sets gives +30 Def and -45 AOE damage, too much

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 10:5410/25/22
Oct 25, 2022, 10:55(edited)
02/24/19

I was saying quickly in the other thread that personally I don't find the Defiant set that crazy. Not many people are using Stalwart outside of the Clan Bosses. I find Bolster a much better and "must have" set than this.

What do others think about it? You guys worried about Defiant and if so why? Does someone doing a little better in Hydra matter all that much?

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 25, 2022, 11:1110/25/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

I was saying quickly in the other thread that personally I don't find the Defiant set that crazy. Not many people are using Stalwart outside of the Clan Bosses. I find Bolster a much better and "must have" set than this.

What do others think about it? You guys worried about Defiant and if so why? Does someone doing a little better in Hydra matter all that much?

This is where I'm at. Could not possibly care about its effect on PvE any less. 

Now that I'm thinking about its effect in Arena a little more, presumably one would have to give up something in the way of other stats to stack, and we lose out on the effects that truly matter in the 4+ piece sets if we go that route. 

Oct 25, 2022, 11:2810/25/22
02/13/21

A lot to unpack, but I am liking the new champions.  Lady Annabelle in particular looks like another Burangiri but better for Bommal, since she has the heal on A1 and revive on death on the A3, as well as the 50% HP heal when an ally or enemy is killed.  

A lot of the Sylvan Watcher champions look interesting as well

Oct 25, 2022, 11:5310/25/22
02/28/22

I could just see it stacking in (especially) TAG defences, used in a team with bolster, UDK + reviver like Duchess it could see battles go on way to long

Oct 25, 2022, 12:0210/25/22
06/25/20

I stand by my thoughts in the other thread, and consider this set to be just really, really bad news for the game.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 12:1110/25/22
02/24/19
RoseRoyal

A lot to unpack, but I am liking the new champions.  Lady Annabelle in particular looks like another Burangiri but better for Bommal, since she has the heal on A1 and revive on death on the A3, as well as the 50% HP heal when an ally or enemy is killed.  

A lot of the Sylvan Watcher champions look interesting as well

They really do look interesting. Lots of new abilties/combinations in general

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 12:1410/25/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

I stand by my thoughts in the other thread, and consider this set to be just really, really bad news for the game.

I think you should be more worried about Taunt breaking all the arena comps. But then, something is always breaking the arena comps.... so time to find more arena comps, I guess. lol

Defiant is just gonna allow some non-endgame people to do better in Hydra or Iron Twins. Or maybe allow me to finally make progress on some full auto Hydra comps. 

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 12:1610/25/22
02/24/19

@dthorne04 Defiant is gonna bring Rotos back for you, whether U (DK) likes it or not.

Rotos 10x not an accident, it seems. lol

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 25, 2022, 12:2010/25/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

@dthorne04 Defiant is gonna bring Rotos back for you, whether U (DK) likes it or not.

Rotos 10x not an accident, it seems. lol

It was a tough month or so for us Rotos havers, to be fair.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 12:2010/25/22
02/24/19
dthorne04

It was a tough month or so for us Rotos havers, to be fair.

Imagine having Rotos.

Is Defiant the set that finally makes me build Fenax? 0_0

Oct 25, 2022, 12:2210/25/22
09/14/20
harleQuinn

It is not Hydra which is worrysome....it is the availability by wallet...

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 12:2510/25/22
Oct 25, 2022, 12:27(edited)
02/24/19
Matrim

It is not Hydra which is worrysome....it is the availability by wallet...

I get that point, yeah. Forge Pass is very very tough to get anything useful if you don't actually buy it.

Although, you can get everything by wallet, if you think about it. Champs, the stuff to rank them up, and all the gear they would wear.

I'm told by my top Plat finishing peeps that it's just flat better to buy the speed and divine speed sets than it is to try and farm it. Both more efficient than buying the energy to farm it and a year quicker.

Still, I'm out here trying to farm gear with daily energy only, just like many of us here. :)

Oct 25, 2022, 12:3510/25/22
09/14/20
harleQuinn

I get that point, yeah. Forge Pass is very very tough to get anything useful if you don't actually buy it.

Although, you can get everything by wallet, if you think about it. Champs, the stuff to rank them up, and all the gear they would wear.

I'm told by my top Plat finishing peeps that it's just flat better to buy the speed and divine speed sets than it is to try and farm it. Both more efficient than buying the energy to farm it and a year quicker.

Still, I'm out here trying to farm gear with daily energy only, just like many of us here. :)

I agree that the wallet effect is in place in many areas , especially with shards and books. 

Your plat people are also not incorrect...but not correct either. In both ways, they assume that you are buying something....be it sets or energy. And I agree that grinding for the sets is very ressourceintensive...but you could actually do it with *free* energy. 

I also never bought a set...but sometime senergy...but nowadays I just hoard energy and shards...as the usual rewards like torunament rewards or special rewards (like Deck of Fate) do not look very enticing. Even on CvC I have to spend lots of ressources to only get a part of it back via rewards...

Oct 25, 2022, 12:4010/25/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

The big difference is that this is a limited-availability event. Let me put it this way. If they were to add a new, meta-changing champion that could only be obtained by spending money, would you object? Because I view this the same way.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 12:5610/25/22
Oct 25, 2022, 12:57(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

The big difference is that this is a limited-availability event. Let me put it this way. If they were to add a new, meta-changing champion that could only be obtained by spending money, would you object? Because I view this the same way.

So basically every good void legendary? :) I mean, knowing how infrequently I get void legendaries, I can expect to snag my next sometime in the early summer of 2023 (that's the real calculation, not hyperbole). Long, long way off from having any of the champs I'd love to see... Ailil, Acrizia, Warlord, Nekhret, Siphi, etc etc.... and I'm fairly certain I'll be long moved on before I actually see any of those with the pool the way it is. 

I appreciate the response. And I do understand what you're saying though. Forge Pass definitely puts a different kind of pressure on cause the sets feel so much better than the purely farmable ones. I just see the difference between Defiant and Stalwart the same kind of P2W versus F2P as me using a Kreela instead of the much less F2P obtainable Cardiel for my Ally Attack champ. Or me needing to think about using Fenax to make up for not having the king of single target, Rotos.

Oct 25, 2022, 12:5610/25/22
09/14/20
kramaswamy.kr

You mean a champion like this Ailil?

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 25, 2022, 13:0310/25/22
02/24/19
Matrim

I agree that the wallet effect is in place in many areas , especially with shards and books. 

Your plat people are also not incorrect...but not correct either. In both ways, they assume that you are buying something....be it sets or energy. And I agree that grinding for the sets is very ressourceintensive...but you could actually do it with *free* energy. 

I also never bought a set...but sometime senergy...but nowadays I just hoard energy and shards...as the usual rewards like torunament rewards or special rewards (like Deck of Fate) do not look very enticing. Even on CvC I have to spend lots of ressources to only get a part of it back via rewards...

What do you find yourself hoarding energy and shards for? What would be a reason to use them, you think, especially the energy?

Oct 25, 2022, 13:0710/25/22
Oct 25, 2022, 13:08(edited)
09/14/20
harleQuinn

What do you find yourself hoarding energy and shards for? What would be a reason to use them, you think, especially the energy?

Shards: guaranteed events

Energy : Tournaments with leggo champs as a price, good fusions like Ukko

Oct 25, 2022, 13:1610/25/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

So basically every good void legendary? :) I mean, knowing how infrequently I get void legendaries, I can expect to snag my next sometime in the early summer of 2023 (that's the real calculation, not hyperbole). Long, long way off from having any of the champs I'd love to see... Ailil, Acrizia, Warlord, Nekhret, Siphi, etc etc.... and I'm fairly certain I'll be long moved on before I actually see any of those with the pool the way it is. 

I appreciate the response. And I do understand what you're saying though. Forge Pass definitely puts a different kind of pressure on cause the sets feel so much better than the purely farmable ones. I just see the difference between Defiant and Stalwart the same kind of P2W versus F2P as me using a Kreela instead of the much less F2P obtainable Cardiel for my Ally Attack champ. Or me needing to think about using Fenax to make up for not having the king of single target, Rotos.

There's a key difference though. Nothing is stopping me from getting any one of those void legendaries. Are my odds low? Sure they are. But I'll farm void shards from CB, and when I pull them, I have just as good of a chance as anyone else.

These item sets though, are different. I get exactly 20 chances at useful items. I was extremely lucky to get a very viable Bolster set from my first ten. That's a meta-defining set. My go-second team would be completely ineffective if I didn't have Bolster. Instead, it's practically unbeatable.

I'm not complaining about Bolster, though, because its practical value is basically just limited to PvP, and as much as Plarium wants to try, RSL is not a PvP game. I am complaining about this set, because it is going to inevitably shape how new content is crafted.

Sure, I might be overreading this. But I don't think I am.