All Categories

Upcoming Fusion: Morrigaine (With Calendar)

Upcoming Fusion: Morrigaine (With Calendar)

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Oct 27, 2022, 12:0210/27/22
02/24/19

Real talk. You guys think of this as a nerf when it was changed before release? I see it as a change that doesn't affect anyone at all. Changing after final testing on the test server. Am I off base here?

I would have just quoted your post @RoseRoyal, but tis a big one. :)

Oct 27, 2022, 12:1010/27/22
10/15/20

I am not doing the fusion but do want to use my personal reward energy while there is a super raid and dungeon event running at the same time

Is there a calender for events anywhere?

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 27, 2022, 12:1510/27/22
Oct 27, 2022, 12:15(edited)
02/24/19
trevor.wilson

I am not doing the fusion but do want to use my personal reward energy while there is a super raid and dungeon event running at the same time

Is there a calender for events anywhere?

Not yet. I'll post it here when it pops up though.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 27, 2022, 12:4510/27/22
02/24/19

Calendar up in original post!

Oct 27, 2022, 14:0110/27/22
06/30/21

Wait no event for the epic so you need all 16 rares?? that cant be right

Oct 27, 2022, 14:3310/27/22
02/11/22

Calendar shows something off i think. The first cluster of 4 has same event (champ training) posted twice.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 27, 2022, 15:0010/27/22
02/24/19
MasterKroket

Wait no event for the epic so you need all 16 rares?? that cant be right

So I asked. You are correct that you need all 16 rares.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 27, 2022, 15:0010/27/22
02/24/19
Swiftblade

Calendar shows something off i think. The first cluster of 4 has same event (champ training) posted twice.

That's cause you get two rares from the Champ Training. :)

Oct 27, 2022, 15:5210/27/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

So I asked. You are correct that you need all 16 rares.

Unreal. Please convey my extreme disappointment with the requirements for a champion that does not warrant that level of difficulty to obtain.

Oct 27, 2022, 16:0210/27/22
04/18/20
kramaswamy.kr

Unreal. Please convey my extreme disappointment with the requirements for a champion that does not warrant that level of difficulty to obtain.

+1...skip 

Oct 27, 2022, 16:0710/27/22
Oct 27, 2022, 16:08(edited)
09/21/20

Same - I could use her but unless I pull a rare or two from shards I'll just get enough for one epic I think. Having to get all 16 is getting silly.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 27, 2022, 16:3710/27/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

I'm nowhere near as down on Morrigaine as you are. So I'm happy you're still doing the Fusion. I am quite sure that passive isn't an accident and expect it to come into play down the road. I'm also big on her being the 5th fastest champ in Raid.

I will pass on the sentiment to Plarium though, ofc. I was looking forward to playing with mushroom man myself.

Oct 27, 2022, 16:5610/27/22
06/20/19

for me I really like the collecting aspect of the game.  I don't need her, I have Lysander, mash, and others.  But she's a decent champ and would look great setting in trophy case.

But really, no way to get an epic is huge for me.  Can't slake off, can't have a snafu, can't skip anything.  That along with the requirement 'creep,' is enough for me to pass.  That said, on a different account, if I didn't have lyssandra et. al. AND if I had the resources, I would be hard pressed to pass.

pit seems that lately I'm passing on more and more offerings.  that's a good thing?

Oct 27, 2022, 19:0710/27/22
06/20/19
EGDNIT

There's also the fact that the epic belongs to the new faction, and most people will be starved for champions to do FW. Might be worth it for that reason alone, even if it's just an epic in the general "good" area.

I think when dwarves/shadowkin were introduced it was like 9-12 months before the respective crypts opened.

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 27, 2022, 19:1110/27/22
12/30/20
Angwil

I think when dwarves/shadowkin were introduced it was like 9-12 months before the respective crypts opened.

Yep. Yoshi fusion was March 2021, FW didn't launch until the beginning of this year. 

Oct 27, 2022, 19:4310/27/22
Oct 27, 2022, 19:44(edited)
01/15/21

So glad I am skipping, high requirements in the initial events, and cannot skip a single event.  And it's a traditional fusion that requires levelling and ascending... Ridiculous 

Oct 27, 2022, 19:4810/27/22
02/13/21
harleQuinn

Real talk. You guys think of this as a nerf when it was changed before release? I see it as a change that doesn't affect anyone at all. Changing after final testing on the test server. Am I off base here?

I would have just quoted your post @RoseRoyal, but tis a big one. :)

Note that I am actually glad that they changed it while it was on the test server before it was released.  I'm just more surprised that it got to the test server at all.  For that to have happened, a number of people within the design team would have had to build out a skill-set, test it in a dev environment, and turn around and say "yep, looks good, let's move forward".   

Once it was released on the test server pretty much everyone immediately saw how overpowered it was, so much that Plarium immediately turned around and reduced the stats.  I'm glad it was fixed before release and no-one had to suffer a nerf later on.  I'm just sad that people who are designing champions don't appear to know much about Raid at all

With regards to the fusion itself, I was actually going to go ahead with it based on how adament you were Quinn.  You had convinced me to give it a shot.  I have an overflow of resources plus about 400 multibattles that were going to expire, so thought I'd throw my cards in.

I am surprised that we have to get all 16 rares though without a chance for the epic by itself.  It now feels like we need to make a choice between walking away with the epic, or with the legendary, and currently that feels like a harder choice then it should be

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 27, 2022, 20:0510/27/22
Oct 27, 2022, 20:09(edited)
02/24/19
RoseRoyal

Note that I am actually glad that they changed it while it was on the test server before it was released.  I'm just more surprised that it got to the test server at all.  For that to have happened, a number of people within the design team would have had to build out a skill-set, test it in a dev environment, and turn around and say "yep, looks good, let's move forward".   

Once it was released on the test server pretty much everyone immediately saw how overpowered it was, so much that Plarium immediately turned around and reduced the stats.  I'm glad it was fixed before release and no-one had to suffer a nerf later on.  I'm just sad that people who are designing champions don't appear to know much about Raid at all

With regards to the fusion itself, I was actually going to go ahead with it based on how adament you were Quinn.  You had convinced me to give it a shot.  I have an overflow of resources plus about 400 multibattles that were going to expire, so thought I'd throw my cards in.

I am surprised that we have to get all 16 rares though without a chance for the epic by itself.  It now feels like we need to make a choice between walking away with the epic, or with the legendary, and currently that feels like a harder choice then it should be

Hey RR. Thanks for the thoughts. :)

So I'm fairly high on this fusion still. Sure, I would also have loved to see an Epic, just like everyone else. But in spite of no epic, I have already started on Morrigaine's fusion. I think the dev team considers her very strong;, and that's what I'm hearing too. And if you just look at the requirements for the fusion that should tell us something. Brogni's difficulty was CONSIDERABLE, and I think that was based on how much content they saw he could be used in during their testing and development.

I feel we've got a unique kit here, and think people are only thinking about it like "How does she fit exactly in place of Lyssandra" or "She's just worse at fears than Ma'Shalled" and thinking only about existing teams and existing content, rather than new teams she could fit into, or that she brings more utility than the other champs she is being compared to, or that she is applicable to a wide array of content including Arena, Tag and Hydra, the things I care about. Everything else is solved for me, those are the places I continue to progress. Plus she's just plain ol fast, the 5th fastest champ in the game, and she'll be faster than my Lyssandra if I was to swap their stuff. I also feel that this new weird passive isn't by some accident, and think historically we see interesting passives/abilities on champs prior to content where it will be used.

As far as the Orm balancing.... I think what we're seeing with him is one or two last minute tweaks in response to playtesting that ended up being way too strong. I'm happy that we're seeing it fixed before release. Step in the right direction, I think, although would have been nice to not get people all hyped then adjust. I've been told that the Dev team will be working to ensure the final test server versions don't have to be adjusted like this again.

My thoughts on Orm and needing to get him instead? I have solo farmers. Mutiple options too. I don't need another one. They all function the same, they run Dragon and IG with food. So unless something goes terribly wrong and I miss some event, I'll be skipping Orm. He's an affinity epic, it's not like most late game players won't snag him sooner or layer anyhow.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 27, 2022, 20:2010/27/22
02/24/19

I mean, slight additional thought Rose... what else am I doing with these promo resources and CvC energy and those autos? They're just sitting here burning whole holes in my pockets, to steal a Dad joke from Dad. :)

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 27, 2022, 20:2710/27/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

I mean, slight additional thought Rose... what else am I doing with these promo resources and CvC energy and those autos? They're just sitting here burning whole holes in my pockets, to steal a Dad joke from Dad. :)

i

I concur. :)

This is an objectively tough fusion, but I'm in still. I don't need the epic but would have liked to see others get a crack at Orn and Morrigaine and now it's a decision of either/or for them.

I don't have a Lys, and while I don't necessarily know quite yet where I'll be using Morrigaine I like giving myself answers to as many questions (current and future) as possible in Raid and I think she fits that bill pretty well.