All Categories

Upcoming Fusion: Morrigaine (With Calendar)

Search
harleQuinnModerator
Oct 21, 2022, 14:0610/21/22
02/24/19

Coming to a Portal near you on Oct 27th.

i

Halloween fusion happened! 🎃 🎃

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Oct 21, 2022, 14:4310/21/22
10/15/20

Easy skip for me, no use for her at all.

Ok for newer players i guess.

Oct 21, 2022, 14:4610/21/22
02/28/22

I'd be underwelmed if this was a shard pull so it's a pass from me

Oct 21, 2022, 14:5010/21/22
11/16/20

Full fusions back to back?

Sigh.....

Will do it for more vault guardians.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 21, 2022, 15:1910/21/22
02/24/19
trevor.wilson

Easy skip for me, no use for her at all.

Ok for newer players i guess.

Real question, what don't you like?

A3 is Lyssandra, and Lyss is amazing.

I'm big on that A2 buff steal with a bit of Ma'Shalled fear lockdown. At least in the world of all Stoneskin and Nekhrets.

Oct 21, 2022, 15:2410/21/22
06/25/20

The A3 is a slightly weaker version of Lyssandra (+- 20%, instead of 30%). Overall she doesn't seem bad, but personally, between Kimi, Nekmo, and Arbiter, I think I'm pretty much set on TM/speed manipulators, so I expect I'll have no use for her.

I will give you though, that she may end up seeing some value against Nekhret teams. I just have a hard time seeing exactly which team I'd use her in.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 21, 2022, 16:0010/21/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

The A3 is a slightly weaker version of Lyssandra (+- 20%, instead of 30%). Overall she doesn't seem bad, but personally, between Kimi, Nekmo, and Arbiter, I think I'm pretty much set on TM/speed manipulators, so I expect I'll have no use for her.

I will give you though, that she may end up seeing some value against Nekhret teams. I just have a hard time seeing exactly which team I'd use her in.

I'm all about 100% "Gimme Ya Buffs" with upside. I'm over trying to beat through these people with multiple empowered Neks.

Oct 21, 2022, 16:1710/21/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

I'm all about 100% "Gimme Ya Buffs" with upside. I'm over trying to beat through these people with multiple empowered Neks.

Definitely a tag champ, so I will be going for even though not sure how to use yet.  Not sure if as good as kimi.  Certainly better than arbiter and nekmo for tag. 

And multiple nehkret is the standard in g4 quinn... ridiculously up here... should have set weak defense and farmed 1st in tournament... dumb dumb dumb...

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 21, 2022, 16:2010/21/22
02/24/19
Trips

Definitely a tag champ, so I will be going for even though not sure how to use yet.  Not sure if as good as kimi.  Certainly better than arbiter and nekmo for tag. 

And multiple nehkret is the standard in g4 quinn... ridiculously up here... should have set weak defense and farmed 1st in tournament... dumb dumb dumb...

It's the standard in G3 Tag too, seems like. :)

I also think she's better than Arbie and way better than Nekmo for tag, and I don't have Kimi. So honestly I feel she's fairly close to a must get for my account.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 21, 2022, 16:2210/21/22
Oct 21, 2022, 16:22(edited)
02/24/19

Oh, and I feel you on the tourney @Trips. I was in first in my tourney yesterday, having set a 1 champ defense for the first day and riding back down to 100 a couple times. But I haven't done anything but start CB before I left today, so who knows where I am now.

Honestly though, I finished all the side rewards, would seem silly to really push for the gear just based on sheer time I would need to invest. Even 6 star Relentless isn't always worth the fight for it. 0_0

Oct 21, 2022, 16:2410/21/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Oh, and I feel you on the tourney @Trips. I was in first in my tourney yesterday, having set a 1 champ defense for the first day and riding back down to 100 a couple times. But I haven't done anything but start CB before I left today, so who knows where I am now.

Honestly though, I finished all the side rewards, would seem silly to really push for the gear just based on sheer time I would need to invest. Even 6 star Relentless isn't always worth the fight for it. 0_0

My leader is only 7k, I would have locked it up already.... ugh

Oct 21, 2022, 16:5110/21/22
Oct 21, 2022, 16:52(edited)
10/15/20
harleQuinn

Real question, what don't you like?

A3 is Lyssandra, and Lyss is amazing.

I'm big on that A2 buff steal with a bit of Ma'Shalled fear lockdown. At least in the world of all Stoneskin and Nekhrets.

There isnt anything awful about the champ, i just dont have any use for it, in contrast i could instantly see where i would use ukko (tag and hydra)

I have 2 lyssandras in the vault already and in my opinion lyssandra is better than this champ.

As i said, ok for progression. I might have done the fusion anyway just in case i have misjudged her but i hate the traditional fusions, i much prefer fragments

Oct 21, 2022, 18:1910/21/22
06/05/22

This champ seems very PvP focused, which is fine, but not my main interest in raid. I do ok in arena for a midgame player. Gold IV with a tanky go 2nd team, have barely used my arbiter that I got recently.

It's a skip for me, I prefer to catch up with all my minotaur farming, build Ukko, and finally get a decent amount of silver in the bank.

Oct 21, 2022, 21:4710/21/22
Oct 21, 2022, 21:53(edited)
02/13/21

I wish the champion had 100% chance of placing decrease speed on her A1, so she would be useful in Iron Twins.  Kurzad, a rare void dwarf has 100% chance on his A1.

I wish that she removed buffs from all enemies.  A lot of epics already do that, including Madam Serris and Rian.  The AoE true fear is useless if everyone else has block debuffs up.

I wish that her true fear was 2 rounds instead of 1.  The salad has an AoE True Fear for 2 rounds on a 2 turn cooldown, and also puts leech out there.

I wish that the speed aura was 24% instead of 19%.  19% speed lead seems so weak for a legendary, when epics like HK and Deacon already have that as well

Overall I just wish that there was something that made her stood out a bit more for me.  The debuff at the start of her turn is supposed to be it, but a heal reduction is so meh.  Other more interesting options would be putting a decrease attack out on the enemy with the highest attack.  Alternatively, perhaps a block buffs on the enemy with the lowest HP.  Now you might have a mechanic

I probably need to digest the kit some more and think about it, but it just feels subpar at the moment

Oct 21, 2022, 22:3510/21/22
09/14/20

It looks like a champ which would be good for progression or in midgame. With champions already fully booked like Ma'Shallad or Lyssandra...this champion does not seem to be able to replace champs in my teams. 

Initially I thought about Fireknight....but he doens't even get a turn so the heal reduction is kind of useless. 

IT...Block damage team...do not need her

Arena...Tag Team...not really...

So for me, I will look at the requirements for the champs...if it is even remotely as much effort as this Maranix fusion...I will skip it...

Oct 22, 2022, 06:1510/22/22

This is second pass for fusion in a row. Last two fusion was two weaker heroes in my opinion.

dthorne04Moderator
Oct 22, 2022, 08:2410/22/22
12/30/20

I get the sense Morrigaine is being slept on here, but we shall see. Bit of a funky kit and like with most fusions I think they're clear pickups for anyone past mid game and resource dependent for those between early and mid but would still want to go for there too. 

At this point I've seen enough fusions come and go where initial perception was underwhelming only for those fusions to find a home later on, whether in existing or future content.

harleQuinnModerator
Oct 22, 2022, 11:5010/22/22
Oct 22, 2022, 14:13(edited)
02/24/19
RoseRoyal

I wish the champion had 100% chance of placing decrease speed on her A1, so she would be useful in Iron Twins.  Kurzad, a rare void dwarf has 100% chance on his A1.

I wish that she removed buffs from all enemies.  A lot of epics already do that, including Madam Serris and Rian.  The AoE true fear is useless if everyone else has block debuffs up.

I wish that her true fear was 2 rounds instead of 1.  The salad has an AoE True Fear for 2 rounds on a 2 turn cooldown, and also puts leech out there.

I wish that the speed aura was 24% instead of 19%.  19% speed lead seems so weak for a legendary, when epics like HK and Deacon already have that as well

Overall I just wish that there was something that made her stood out a bit more for me.  The debuff at the start of her turn is supposed to be it, but a heal reduction is so meh.  Other more interesting options would be putting a decrease attack out on the enemy with the highest attack.  Alternatively, perhaps a block buffs on the enemy with the lowest HP.  Now you might have a mechanic

I probably need to digest the kit some more and think about it, but it just feels subpar at the moment

Remove buffs versus stealing buffs are two very different things. Taking a full buff suite off a champ is a very different strat than using a champ as a buff stripper. And something I am sorely in need of with Nekhret everywhere, on every team, always.

I'm not looking to use her as a "speed tuned" A1 Dec Speed champ in what I saw as a fairly easily solved dungeon in Iron Twins. Insted, Dec Speed is just a debuff I am getting in lieu of an A1 that does nothing. I don't even use a Dec Speed chmp in Iron Twins, it's not even necessary, that's how solveable the dungeon was, at least with late game gear and such.

19-20% speed aura is what a number of great legendaries have. Ukko, Duchess. Very good to see a Speed Aura over an Accuracy in FW or DT or something.

She's a very solid TM booster, that has a solid CC control option while enabling you to debuff important enemies in Arena so you can kill them rather than losing to them. Comparing every single ability to the main ability of another champ isn't the way to go here, in my opinion.

I think the thing I'd be looking for if I was looking for anything extra is a "can't resist" on her buff steal or her True Fear, but since I can regularly build 300 speed, 600+ accuracy champs in Immunity at this point, that isn't really a big deal anymore either.

Basically, I'm saying don't sleep on what she does, Rose. I don't think this champ is anywhere near a skip. :)

Oct 22, 2022, 12:2910/22/22
09/14/20
dthorne04

I get the sense Morrigaine is being slept on here, but we shall see. Bit of a funky kit and like with most fusions I think they're clear pickups for anyone past mid game and resource dependent for those between early and mid but would still want to go for there too. 

At this point I've seen enough fusions come and go where initial perception was underwhelming only for those fusions to find a home later on, whether in existing or future content.

You might be correct and incorrect at the same time. ;-)

For me, the champ does not hold any special benefits  I do not have at the time with already existing champions. I consider myself late game and at the moment, I would not see any area of content, where this champion might help me. 

Nobody can judge upon future content...in this category you are right...you are also correct that it would be normally not difficult to pick up this champion...the problem is only that I feel a bit burnóut creeping into me to fuse another champion which would end up in my vault. I have several dozens of champions I would rate higher who would do splendid with some legendary books which are very scarce. 

So while I consider this champion not bad...I know that I will not have the books for him for at least 1-2 years....and for the champ to sleep in the vault that long time...well...I do not rate this champ good enough to spend the time and ressources now. 

There were different fusions where I immediately booked them (like Ukko) because I saw a prupose for them...for Morrigaine... I do not see it...and for the vague image of possible future content....nah...

Oct 22, 2022, 12:4310/22/22
Oct 22, 2022, 12:43(edited)
01/15/21

I am with matrim, the champ is 'ok' but I have plenty of better champs without books. Not every fusion can be amazing however or the power creep would be even