All Categories

Pain Keeper unneccesary nerf??

Pain Keeper unneccesary nerf??

Search
Comments
Jul 5, 2019, 09:3907/05/19
05/27/19

I come in this forums for the first time. Painkeeper is the only char that I actually invest all skill book to max her out, I think she worth the investment. I spend actual money for this game but never got any Legendary, I blame my luck for that. But this nerf thing to pin keeper is totally unacceptable she is my main healer to make my whole team stay alive long enough to make decent damage in clan boss.

I plan to keep playing this game for a few months more maybe less with no single dollars spend on this game. I will think the money I spend is to "rent" play time in this game. I want to send a message to this greedy company, then I can leave for good.

There are tons of interesting games on the market. 

Jul 5, 2019, 10:3607/05/19
03/16/19

ouch55911 said:

I come in this forums for the first time. Painkeeper is the only char that I actually invest all skill book to max her out, I think she worth the investment. I spend actual money for this game but never got any Legendary, I blame my luck for that. But this nerf thing to pin keeper is totally unacceptable she is my main healer to make my whole team stay alive long enough to make decent damage in clan boss.

I plan to keep playing this game for a few months more maybe less with no single dollars spend on this game. I will think the money I spend is to "rent" play time in this game. I want to send a message to this greedy company, then I can leave for good.

Yes. Pain Keeper is really important for those who are not lucky with Legendary. 

The company is too greedy. Look what they done after last updated. Multi battle only limited 15x times. On other hands we need 20000 point to complete training event. This is cheap tactics. 
Jul 5, 2019, 12:1407/05/19
08/22/18
Why nerf it to the ground, I can't understand
Jul 5, 2019, 19:2807/05/19
05/16/19

Brynden said:

Why nerf it to the ground, I can't understand

For money.  Every single thing this company does, they do purely for money.  NEVER for customer retention or satisfaction.  Just money.

They destroy a viable healer, so people have to replace her.  Gets them spending money on shards, or farming to level up another champion, or to have to get lifesteal gear to compensate for not having a healer, etc. 

Nerfing is profitable through immediate sales, while buffing is about customer retention.  Thus far, the company has only shown an interest in generating new customers and new sales.  They have shown ZERO effort in customer retention through listening to their consumers.  They regularly lie and claim on these forums they are listening, but then they end up doing things completely contradictory to what we ask for.

I would understand them nerfing something that is obviously OP, like Roshcard with his "let me make my team completely invincible while we burn down the enemy for the next two turns" bit.  Or nerfing a champion because EVERYONE uses them due to their viability (Apothecary, Gorgorab, Reinbeast, etc.).  And no, doesn't matter if I mention specific names.  They are already well aware by the numbers who uses what. 

But anyway, this is why the ONLY thing we have seen over the months is nerfs, not buffs.  They have their priorities all wrong.  They don't seem to grasp yet that they have a solid player base, and should try to retain them rather than focus on lying to new customers (ex. the whole voids are the best video) to draw them in until they see the companies true colors. 

I referred four friends to this game.  I am the only one left who plays.  They got sick of the lies, lack of content, and horrible customer service (one made a purchase, got ripped off, and cs was extremely rude to him and did nothing about it, forcing him to dispute it with iTunes).  Sucks, because it is more fun when you have friends you can talk to about the game when you get something new and exciting.  But Plarium just doesn't seem to be getting it.  Some of their staff get it, but the select few that do don't seem able to get it through to the upper-level management.  If I was closer to their location in Michigan, I would roll up in that place with business strategies to fix this crap.  That's too far of a road trip though and just not worth my time.
Jul 5, 2019, 21:1007/05/19
03/26/19

I had a pain keeper as well that prior to this update, I had spent 10 or so tomes into. Sure she was a good champ, but in a way that could only be perceived as good for the game, unless you're a Plarium head looking for more shard sale revenue. Even in her previous iteration, I only used her for dungeons, and preferred steelskull and apothecary for healing in other game modes. Also, I saw in the new update that Foli was the new legendary fusion, which is also underwhelming because you would hope they would develop a new character just for fusing. I thought it was going to be that demonspawn that they just put out, but I'm assuming that making another void legendary attainable was deemed by the higher ups at Plarium as a bad business plan that would hurt void shard sales. 

Important to note, I already quit about 1 to 2 weeks ago prior to the update due to complete frustration with -

-Increased advertising popups with blatant predatory aims towards people who aren't smart with money. Putting visuals with champions you most likely will never get from the advertised shards, along with text like 'hot!', 'wildcard', 'limited time', that actually signifies nothing about the value. Also the deals were completely inconsistent and bad deals are offered constantly in order to sweeten the look of cheaper deals. 

-Pushbacks on updates and empty promises. This one is obvious for anyone playing for a while, and for anyone who isn't aware, this new update was meant to come out long ago, and even with this extra time there remains many holes within the game. 

-Decreasing drop rates of shards in market and clan boss, without properly addressing the reasoning for it. This one is a bigger issue than it might seem at first glance, because what this practice signifies is that, at any time Plarium can lower your chances of getting items just to rarify them, which will artificially increase the value of their money packs. 

With the knowledge that I didn't want to play again, I reinstalled the game just to check what the update had to offer. I knew that I didn't want to play Raid again, because I had never felt so relieved to quit a game prior to quitting Raid. When I checked back in, it was pretty dumbfounding just to realize the extent to which I don't have a single care for the game anymore. Just a week or two ago, I was constantly checking in, stressed out of my mind, completely caught in the thick of it all, making sure I never missed out on the extremely limited rewards that would require you to log in for hours of your precious time daily to get it all. But now after taking a step back, I can't even fathom getting caught up in Raid again, and it's such a relief to feel a distance from the game at this point. I think this may be the case for many of you, so make sure to take a step back if you haven't yet before. Really, it's healthy advice for any game that may start to consume your life, especially if it's in any sort of negative way. It took me less than 10 minutes to delete the game again, and if I ever checked in again, I'm confident it would take even less. Give yourself a day away from the game to clear the mind once in a while if anything. Come to your own conclusions on it all. Sure the graphics are shiny and the strategy may be interesting for a while. But think about what you want to put your time into in the long run. If I was still putting all my time into this game the past couple weeks and I was around to experience the pain keeper nerf, I can't imagine how miserable I would be, considering she was the last champ I put tombs into before quitting.  

Jul 6, 2019, 02:0507/06/19
03/16/19
Apothecary is next 
Jul 6, 2019, 05:5507/06/19
Jul 6, 2019, 06:00(edited)
05/27/19

Oh, those events for Fusion Foli... Yeah, I believe everyone knows this is an impossible mission unless heavily invest real money. No existing character or at least very minor are usable in this fusion. I don't even bother to try I only grind with whatever energy I got (free). 

I believe the grace period for this game has passed. Now to the time of getting profits, which understandable every company have mouths to feed. This game age considers young and still have tons of time to gain profits and still look like a nice guy. Now, this looks like a muscle builder who relies heavily on steroid and at the end, he will turn to something else....

I just have a thought which I don't expect the Plarium will even listen to.  I read others post about this patch and constantly people complain and ask about Pain Keeper. Plarium never answers all those questions.

Since pain keeper is too good and Plarium are so afraid of it. How about move her to "Epic" and reset her skill set back to before patch 1.8 and whoever got her before patch 1.8, consider they are the lucky one.  Players who want to get her after the patch will have much less chance of getting. I think this is about fair, to be frank, this is not our mistake why we should get punished for?

As I know pain keeper only comes out for about 2 months (not sure), so I believe there are still be tons of player who still want her and use her as her full potential.

ouch55911 said:

Yes. Pain Keeper is really important for those who are not lucky with Legendary. 

The company is too greedy. Look what they done after last updated. Multi battle only limited 15x times. On other hands we need 20000 point to complete training event. This is cheap tactics. 

Jul 6, 2019, 22:4707/06/19
03/26/19
Bringing this thread back from all the spam posts that aren't being deleted.
Jul 7, 2019, 00:5507/07/19
05/17/19
First time here.  Came to the forums just to find out WHY My best hero, fully maxed Painkeeper was completely CRIPPLED with the update.  She wasn’t rebalanced, she was completely destroyed!  Why was her healing ability reduced not just once, but THREE different ways?  Firstly, by reducing the amount she can heal, secondly, by making her cooldown skill no longer apply to herself, so that she can only heal about half as often, and thirdly, but changing the amount that is healed to be proportional to the other hero’s HP rather than to Painkeeper’s HP.  This basically took her best attribute and made it at least four times LESS effective.  My entire team keeps dying because I can’t get her to heal enough or often enough to sustain them, and my pain keeper is even wearing armor that increases her cooldown rate.  This is tragic.  PLEASE fix her.  This change was FAR TOO DRASTIC.  She is basically useless now, which is a tragedy.  I don’t have good heroes yet and painkeeper was carrying my team while I slowly built it up.  I’ve spent over 200$ on the game since joining the ago, and seeing all my progress slip backwards so drastically is incredibly discouraging.  I can’t clear the same levels I was clearing, and although I have many four and five star heroes, healers are incredibly few and far between.  What an incredible shame.
Jul 11, 2019, 06:1907/11/19
05/13/19

I came by to check on this topic.

Not only are the mods the actual cowards I had suggested, they are also snakes. They deleted my post highlighting all the short-commings of the game. Yes I cussed in it, but it was all censored.

So glad I uninstalled this game. Literally, the moment I did it, a cloud of clarity fell upon me. No longer was I stuck, hours a day, watching a game grind the same level.. over.. and over... and over. Waking up in the wee hours of the night to maximize events/training/energy. No longer am I dissapointed by nerfs and broken promises.

I suggest you lot do the same. Try it - even temporarily. It is amazing how much stress this game had caused me. I'll give it to them though, they know how to create an addicting experience.. but when you realize its all literally for naught - you'll thank me.

Quit while you can. The longer you play, the more invested (time, not just money) you'll be, the harder it is to drop it. It is clear the dev's are not out to create a fun experience. They are out to make money.
Jul 11, 2019, 07:3307/11/19
04/19/19
Awesome i just pulled Pain Keeper from the void shard!!!!
Aug 19, 2019, 10:0708/19/19
08/16/19

Hate to necro a thread but as I was reading guides (that are a bit old admittedly), it used to say Pain Keeper was one of the best rares, which I did manage to get. However, I also read it was nerfed. So my main question is:  Does this mean ANY character can just be nerfed to the ground even after a player spent tomes on it? Do they do refunds like they do for other games when they nerf stuff people spent resources on?

Aug 19, 2019, 15:3908/19/19
Aug 19, 2019, 15:39(edited)
02/22/19
Mythicman said:

Hate to necro a thread but as I was reading guides (that are a bit old admittedly), it used to say Pain Keeper was one of the best rares, which I did manage to get. However, I also read it was nerfed. So my main question is:  Does this mean ANY character can just be nerfed to the ground even after a player spent tomes on it? Do they do refunds like they do for other games when they nerf stuff people spent resources on?

Yes to the nerfing, No to the refunding... Sad but true