All Categories

Pain Keeper unneccesary nerf??

Search
Jul 4, 2019, 11:0107/04/19
05/13/19

So, my own opinion about the subject is that they nerfed a hero that isn't that heavily used and only recently got some Light from a few youtubers. She is an unique rare hero and fills a empty hole a bit for the rare heroes especially. They basicly halfed her heals and made her slower overtime. I don't see a reason for these changes other than devs wanting us To spend More money on rarer heroes since there are alot of More unbalanced heroes that they ignore with balance update.

What are your thoughts? 
Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 4, 2019, 11:4007/04/19
04/21/19
this is a gotcha game with heavy focus on lure ur $$$ out of ur wallet, you can think with ur butt that ofcause they will do everything to keep us spending more and more, anything u can get with real $$ will be 10 X better and dont even talk about balance in this kind of game.
Jul 4, 2019, 13:5907/04/19
05/13/19
lordxc said:

this is a gotcha game with heavy focus on lure ur $$$ out of ur wallet, you can think with ur butt that ofcause they will do everything to keep us spending more and more, anything u can get with real $$ will be 10 X better and dont even talk about balance in this kind of game.
Well that is True, but the More succesfull games like this have More detail and attention on balancing heroes More often with the idea of also making the game More fun for lesser spenders and f2p, they need To realise if they make the game unfair or harder for f2p they Will most likely not start spending rather quit and eventually population will get lower.
Jul 4, 2019, 14:5507/04/19
06/11/19

Destroying the heal ability was the biggest loss for me. I went with her as my team healer for every aspect of the game currently. My CB runs are shorter this morning and I'm having to back down on dungeon stages because of the heal being based on the other champions HP. I feel like if the heal amount had just been reduced it would have been okay. Or if the amount remained the same but it was based on other champions hp it might have been okay. Both just crushed her ability to sustain the team. 

The 15 skill books over the last 2 months to max her abilities kind of hurts the most. I can't even pivot to a different toon due to the time and resource investment required. I'd love the books back at least.....

Jul 4, 2019, 15:1407/04/19
05/30/19
The nerf was completely unnecessary and does nothing to "balance" the game. It's things like unnecessary nerfs to popular toons that have made me quit games like this in the past.  Also upgrading champions in this game is expensive in terms of energy needed and skill book amounts. Imo Plarium should refund everyone who has a Pain Keeper upgraded because she is completely useless now and Plarium just completely screwed over players who used her.
Jul 4, 2019, 15:3107/04/19
05/13/19

I posted this before, and I will post in here as well for PK.

Everyone talking about Painkeeper nerfs is simple mislead into being wrong or at least, not comprehensively right when capturing all of her nerfs. Read a lot about a "30%" nerf. No. Wrong. ALL WRONG. They are not (2) nerfs, but rather 4 (3 of these are HUGE!) nerfs to a single champion in a single patch listed as "2" to intently LIE to us. Not to mention she is a void rare. She should be a tier above normal rare supports!

1. Nerf to her A1, 15% turn meter increase to 10% (this one is minor)

2. Nerf to her A2 Heal, Now only 15% of HP

3. Nerf to her A2 heal AGAIN, now based on allies HP instead of her HP.

4. Nerf to her A3, reduces cooldowns of allies only (no longer reduces her cooldown, this nerf wasn't even mentioned!)

Jul 4, 2019, 17:2807/04/19
03/18/19

You all are soo right.. I feel with you.. They destroyed my whole gaming experience.. I play since 4 months(!) (without getting any legendarys or something good) 

Painkeeper was my only supporter.. And the 15 skill books i spend on her are useless now? 

The nerved a (in my opinion) pure pve champion.. She dont hurt other players in the arena like gorgorab, seeker or other supporter heroes who are nearly kind of OP.. 

I will hope that this nerves are just jokes from plarium and they will rebuff her soon.. 

Bad changes plarium.. Really bad changes.. Shame.. 

Jul 4, 2019, 18:4907/04/19
05/13/19
Yea im thinking about quitting even ive spent some money for energy refills and was just going To 6 star pk but already used skill tomes on her. Reason why i would quit coz of it isnt that they nerf a hero i was going To fully build but rather they destroy a heroes usage so Hard that it is ridiculous. Who knows how meny More bad and useless changes like this they Will make is the Reason why i Want To quit. This kind of decisions just make a point that they could care less what players Want, money is theyr main and only concerne. They should re balance or just take the changes back or atleast give us a detailed reasoning for this kind of destruction of a hero, literally i have met 0 persons Who actually understands this change with pk which makes it really wierd. If they would like To grow and keep In touch with the community they should put In a poll for hero nerfs or something. Also plarium dont care if the hero is void affinity because In theyr opinion being void affinity is over powered, which again is total bs from the devs. 
Jul 4, 2019, 18:5907/04/19
05/13/19
Would be fun for a mod To answer To the reason of the big nerf, but i bet my ass we wont get a good answer because they did a huge mistake and they know it, but they propably wont care. 
Jul 4, 2019, 19:0407/04/19
05/13/19

They started deleting replies in the 1.8 update post. After being called out on it, its straight up closed now... while 1.5, 1.6, blah blah blah, all the older ones are still open.

Jul 4, 2019, 19:1607/04/19
03/16/19
thanhhuynh8 said:

They started deleting replies in the 1.8 update post. After being called out on it, its straight up closed now... while 1.5, 1.6, blah blah blah, all the older ones are still open.

they removed like 6-8 pages of replies ... i understand that it got a little bit too ridiculous, but still ... this is bad
Jul 4, 2019, 19:2907/04/19
05/13/19
I think that sort of response from the community should have been an eye opener for them.
Jul 4, 2019, 20:2207/04/19
06/24/19

Yes  same here, I invested so much into her. Bang useless in one day. Nerfed into the ground.

Jul 4, 2019, 20:2807/04/19
05/26/19

Just went to say that the developers did wrong. I put the books in a completely different character, which is no longer in the game. What happened is not a rework, as indicated in the description of the patch, and not even a nerf, it is destruction. You might as well remove the Pain Keeper from the game. But return books, at least.

Jul 5, 2019, 02:1907/05/19
02/27/19
Yep! 
Jul 5, 2019, 04:0507/05/19
05/16/19

It's clear Plarium does not intend to run this game long-term.  They ignore customer feedback, would rather nerf to try to get more sales than to balance in order to improve customer satisfaction.

Note that thus far, they have ONLY done nerfs to champions.  Not ONCE have I seen a single buff to underpowered champions.

They do acknowledge some legendaries need work, like Astralith and Tomb Lord.  Like Marius even stated today in regards to both Tomb Lord and Astralith:

"I can confirm that both are getting buffed, seen them in the doc myself. "   - Marius

However, in response to me asking why multiple patches have come and gone, yet the champions on "the doc" have been consistently unaddressed and unmentioned month after month, Marius again replied:

"As I've explained many times in the past, some Champions require more work, both in terms of redesigning abilities and testing them. Or sometimes we need more data on their performance before the decision to make adjustments is made."

Meanwhile, they nerfed the living hell out of Pain Keeper and clearly did absolutely NO testing at all, or else they would've realized they were going to make her yet another trash void champion.  It's a complete contradiction to what he tried to claim in the thread today.  He also tried to downplay several aspects of the nerf in his post.  He even went to the extent to try to claim someone called "*PAIN* Keeper" was not intended to be a healer.  Lmao, are you kidding me dude?!  Multiple people even asked him if she is NOT supposed to be a healer, then what the hell is the point in her?  He of course failed to respond to any of those responses, because he knew he was called out at that point.  That is when he went MIA, and closed the thread shortly after, as he knew he couldn't lie his way out of it. 

They are WELL aware they are killing the game and WELL aware the nerf was unnecessary.  They simply don't care.  They care more about "well, maybe THIS will get people to spend more money on new champions."

Next, they will nerf Gorgorath, and Apothecary, and Reinbeast.  But meanwhile, a ridiculously OP champion like Roshcard the Tower goes unhindered and will continue to remain that way, simply because nerfing him wouldn't cause a sufficient increase in sales, since not nearly as many people have him.  Nerfs will continue to happen to rares and possibly some epics if enough people have one in particular that is useful.

For anyone who even has a rudimentary understanding of how businesses function, it is clear as day all they care about is milking this game for as much as they can without any regard for maintaining its reputation.  That is why we get the hollow promises of "coming soon", yet not a single thing ever comes to fruition.  No Faction Wars, no new content, just a few harder levels with slightly better gear, all to get people spending money on energy to farm for it.  And a blatant demonstration of how money-greedy they are is that with the only thing they DID listen to that we wanted, which was auto-farming campaign, they added it in, only to CHARGE us to use it!  They aren't even trying to hide how money-greedy they are.

And while they fail to fix champions, they vomited up a handful of worthless uncommons into the game that they wasted that time on instead.  They COULD HAVE put that time into FIXING and BALANCING champions, but instead spew out trash uncommons for no reason other than to say "here's some new content for you, now pay us to farm it!"

It's nothing short of disgusting corporate greed.  Customer satisfaction is EXTREMELY low with this game, and it is going to be reflected in reviews on the app stores, resulting in less customers, less retention, and overall, the game is going down the toilet.  Unless they start listening soon, all the negative feedback they are getting now is going to deter any new customers.  Their greed is going to eventually kill their profits, but the upper management seems to incompetent to be aware of that yet.

Jul 5, 2019, 04:2007/05/19
05/16/19

Oh, and just to add...

Since the nerf to Pain Keeper, she is so worthless as a healer now that my damage on the clan boss has dropped by OVER 50%.  Not even exaggerating.  Literally cut my damage in more than half because she can't heal effectively anymore.  Huge delay (no cooldown reduction for her anymore, so 4 turns for a heal), and a REALLY weak heal at 15%.  I even put screenshots up in the 1.8 patch thread earlier. 

I have spent probably about $100 on this POS game to date.  After this slap in the face with 1.8, I am not spending a single penny more on this game.  I don't trust the developers, don't feel this game is going to last long-term, and it is clear any investment I put into the game can go to complete waste at the drop of a hat, yet they won't do anything about it.

I already lost multiple inventory items during the inbox bug a few days ago.  And customer service had the audacity to act like I did something to make it disappear, when the bug was clearly on their end and plenty of players were all aware of it and posting about it.  They even acknowledged it and had server maintenance that day to fix it, but not without me losing 6 items in the process.  They just don't care.  Too much effort to work on customer satisfaction.  It's beyond disrespectful.  And it's a shame, as this game has SO much potential, but they are letting corporate greed ruin it.
Jul 5, 2019, 04:5207/05/19
03/16/19

I used all my skill book on Pain Keeper and now she become worthless. At least the dev should give option to restore the skill book. With current situation I'm better use my skill book on other characters. 

Jul 5, 2019, 05:2807/05/19
05/13/19
Imagine if one of them had the courage to respond to the concerns in this thread.
Jul 5, 2019, 05:5307/05/19
05/16/19

thanhhuynh8 said:

Imagine if one of them had the courage to respond to the concerns in this thread.

Marius ran away when people started calling him out in the 1.8 thread and even went to the extent of locking it due to customer dissatisfaction. 

There's nothing else he or any other Plarium employee/mod can say.  Consensus clearly shows they destroyed Pain Keeper, which was one of the very, VERY few rare void champions that weren't complete trash.  And the proof that she is non-viable now will be demonstrated when her use is going to disappear.  But they won't fix her, just like they don't fix any under-powered champions (aka "coming soon" never happens).

Countless people have asked for their tomes back, but it won't ever happen.

And yet another patch with absolutely no champion balancing, yet it seems they are preparing to spew out Dwarves soon for some additional imbalances.  But hey, new champions sell, balancing doesn't.  They simply don't consider the customer retention resulting from balancing.  It's corporate ignorance at its worst.

Jul 5, 2019, 06:0307/05/19
05/16/19

Yet another quote directly from Marius from patch 1.7:

"Champion Balance. It's true that there are many Champions that need to be looked at, and we do have a fairly long list to choose from. What is important to understand is that not every Champion is easy to fix by changing a couple of values in the damage formula or their Skill cooldown. Some might have to go through more drastic Skill changes. Both Astralith and Dracomorph are on our to-do list"

The date on that post?  May 7th, nearly TWO MONTHS ago!!!  It DOES NOT take MONTHS to rebalance champions.  They just don't plan to do it.  That is demonstrated in the fact that they neglect balancing, yet add even MORE new champions to cause even MORE imbalance in the game!!!

In 1.7, there was some frustration, but NOTHING compared to this 1.8 junk.  They can only lie to people for so long until people get ticked off like this and start leaving.  They are going to find out the hard way, as I am sure this long-awaited patch is going to leave so many people frustrated that at least a good handful of vets will walk away.