Ultimate death knight in arena

Ultimate death knight in arena

Search
Comments
dthorne04Moderator
Dec 21, 2022, 01:2312/21/22
12/30/20
O.Charky

I may have to try and get another Ronda on my team. She is just not handling the UDK in tier 1 like some believe she should.

I would be curious to see what your team and gearing looks like, if you are so inclined to make a thread. :)

Dec 22, 2022, 01:2512/22/22
11/07/22

Sure I have no shame but this is a little different than the one I started with. But this team does ok but still loses vs a UDK team with lower power.

i

i

i

i

Dec 22, 2022, 02:1012/22/22
Dec 22, 2022, 02:11(edited)
07/08/19
O.Charky

Sure I have no shame but this is a little different than the one I started with. But this team does ok but still loses vs a UDK team with lower power.

i

i

i

i

udk is very good at bringing matches to a stalemate, so beating him requires a wellbuilt team to overcome his abilities. unfortunately, both your team composition and your individual builds are pretty bad.

looking at your composition, there's just no cohesion between the champions. you have two different dps champions, but nothing to assist them in taking down your opponent. no tm boost, no decrease defense, no attack up; you're just relying on their raw damage output. then you have ursuga, who is excellent in a go second type team, but no other champs that help with that. she might be able to keep your team alive a few extra turns, but you have no healing or cc or other abilities to help capitalize on that. aox brings almost nothing to the team at all. he ahs a very minor heal and his decrease attack can be useful under the right circumstances, but ursuga brings the same thing. he's a decent champion overall, but just not meant for pvp.

in order to see a greater success rate in arena, you really want a team that all works together. a pretty basic speed nuke team tends to be the easiest for new layers to build. you'll want high khatun as a tm booster and speed aura, warmaiden for aoe def down (if you have any other champs with that ability, you can use them instead. warmaiden is just the easiest for most players to get since she drops from campaign), rhonda as your nuker, and then fill in the fourth depending on who else you have available. someone with an atk up buff is a great choice, but some other builds usea second tm booster or cc champion.

in terms of their builds, i can see some issues with each of your champions. we'll use ronda as an example since she was the one we were discussing. her big issues are:

1. her crit rate is far too low. any champions whose main role is to deal damage will want 100% crit rate or as near to it as you can get. at your stage in the game, you'll want to use gloves with crit rate as their main stat to achieve that.
  2. her speed is also extremely low. every champion in the game will want boots with speed as their main stat (barring a few very specific builds).
  3. you're too focused on using gear from the same set for the set bonus. using gear with the right main and substats is far more important than using pieces from the same set. in ronda's case, you'll want crit rate gloves, an atk% chestplate, and speed boots, with atk% crit rate, crit damage, and speed as the substats whenever possible. for the moment, that will probably involve using pieces from multiple different sets.
Dec 22, 2022, 03:1412/22/22
11/07/22

Thanks for the input and I'll start working on my team's synergies tonight. From the discussion, we are having it does seem that facing UDK early in the stages is like the most belief is difficult takes in the early stages of PVP despite most saying he is easy to deal with. If you get bad RNG on shard draws you may know how to beat him but without the correct team synerge, it is an uphill battle.

Dec 22, 2022, 03:4912/22/22
02/11/21
O.Charky

Thanks for the input and I'll start working on my team's synergies tonight. From the discussion, we are having it does seem that facing UDK early in the stages is like the most belief is difficult takes in the early stages of PVP despite most saying he is easy to deal with. If you get bad RNG on shard draws you may know how to beat him but without the correct team synerge, it is an uphill battle.

Diabolist is a farmable TM booster until you get High Khatun, Templar is a farmable control champ, Warmaiden is a farmable Defense Debuffer, Spirithost is a farmable ATK buffer and speed lead. 

You don't have to rely on shard RNG, you can farm up a team that works well together. 

Also, if you insist on using kael as Arena nuker, you may want to sacrifice his speed for some CDMG. You want your nuker to go last, after his ATK has been buffed and enemy defenses debuffed. 

Try Diabolist, Spirithost (speed lead), Warmaiden, nuker (Kael or Ronda) in that order. Speed and accuracy on diabolist, Accuracy on Warmaiden, and good damage stats on your nuker. 

Dec 22, 2022, 11:0912/22/22
10/15/20

In addition to the points Carpe_Piscis and Balltazer allready mentioned, life leech is a bad choice vs. UDK. His passive heals him every time you heal, so a damage dealer in life leech vs. UDK is a good way to run into a stalemate. Ronda helps a bit to solve this problem, as she can block UDK's passive, but her attack is on cooldown and your Ronda is very slow, so the block will not be up all the time.

Dec 22, 2022, 15:0112/22/22
02/28/22

Remember when you were new to the game?  All the advice about UDK for first tier players is way too much, they haven't got much at all and stepping into the arena and finding UDK in most teams is something that shouldn't happen, I know I gpt heckled last time I said it but I stand by my assertion Plarium screwed up giving this particular champ to everyone

Dec 22, 2022, 15:1612/22/22
06/30/21

I actively seek UDK teams in arena.. that's just me though 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Dec 22, 2022, 15:1812/22/22
06/30/21

@Tripps - We are all waiting for it...

" G** G** "

Dec 22, 2022, 15:2512/22/22
02/11/21
Skadi

In addition to the points Carpe_Piscis and Balltazer allready mentioned, life leech is a bad choice vs. UDK. His passive heals him every time you heal, so a damage dealer in life leech vs. UDK is a good way to run into a stalemate. Ronda helps a bit to solve this problem, as she can block UDK's passive, but her attack is on cooldown and your Ronda is very slow, so the block will not be up all the time.

That's a point I missed entirely. Given how valuable Lifesteal is in early game, I think a good portion of frustration can be attributed to fighting UDK with a LS nuker. 

Dec 22, 2022, 22:5012/22/22
02/11/21

Here y'all go. Is that enough to make a point? 136K power, 4* awakened, with double stoneskin....beaten by an uncommon and a rare team with half the team power between the two of them. Will you believe us now? 

i

Dec 22, 2022, 22:5312/22/22
10/15/20

That fight was unfair. You had 2 champs and he was alone. UDK is unbeatbale! 👊

Dec 22, 2022, 23:0712/22/22
02/11/21
Skadi

That fight was unfair. You had 2 champs and he was alone. UDK is unbeatbale! 👊

On a serious note, came close to killing him with just her, but that Stoneskin gives him 2 turn advantage that I just needed to use a fodder. Maybe if she was built for Arena, but I don't have silver to waste lol I don't even think she has masteries 😂

Dec 23, 2022, 06:4112/23/22
Dec 23, 2022, 06:41(edited)
11/19/22

For new players starting after UDK was given out he's certainly been a problem in lower arena tiers. It's not because us new players are desperate to farm areana for no reason, but because the game insists we have to constantly do arena for daily login rewards + challenges. 

And UDK isn't purely a defensive monster, he has a pretty powerful AoE + reduce attack + fear debuff which can cripple your offense before it starts if UDK is made fast (and a lot of them are). That's before we get to his passives which make him not simply a defensive monster but possibly one of the most defensive monsters in the entire game - and *everyone* had access to him before us.

Ronda has certainly made it easier for us new players to counter him, but he can still be a problem simply because he's often a very well developed opponent, ie, 6 starred and fully ascended - and newer players will often not yet have developed Ronda to the same level, or have the resources to do so fast - plus she's unlikely to be a main priority for developing when it's a struggle for new players to simply 6* and ascend any champion, and there are probably other champions to focus on first.

So, yes, UDK can be something of a problem for newer players encountering him across the lower arena tiers.

I'm not complaining - it's part of the learning curve - but I really do think experienced players here completely fail to empathize with the challenges new players have faced over this, and over-estimate what resources and choices we have available. 

In the meantime, I have Ronda 5* fully levelled and 3* ascended, but 6* + 6 ascended UDK's are to be avoided. Luckily, there are fewer of them in arena since Ronda was released.

Dec 23, 2022, 17:0112/23/22
02/11/21
Fathertron

For new players starting after UDK was given out he's certainly been a problem in lower arena tiers. It's not because us new players are desperate to farm areana for no reason, but because the game insists we have to constantly do arena for daily login rewards + challenges. 

And UDK isn't purely a defensive monster, he has a pretty powerful AoE + reduce attack + fear debuff which can cripple your offense before it starts if UDK is made fast (and a lot of them are). That's before we get to his passives which make him not simply a defensive monster but possibly one of the most defensive monsters in the entire game - and *everyone* had access to him before us.

Ronda has certainly made it easier for us new players to counter him, but he can still be a problem simply because he's often a very well developed opponent, ie, 6 starred and fully ascended - and newer players will often not yet have developed Ronda to the same level, or have the resources to do so fast - plus she's unlikely to be a main priority for developing when it's a struggle for new players to simply 6* and ascend any champion, and there are probably other champions to focus on first.

So, yes, UDK can be something of a problem for newer players encountering him across the lower arena tiers.

I'm not complaining - it's part of the learning curve - but I really do think experienced players here completely fail to empathize with the challenges new players have faced over this, and over-estimate what resources and choices we have available. 

In the meantime, I have Ronda 5* fully levelled and 3* ascended, but 6* + 6 ascended UDK's are to be avoided. Luckily, there are fewer of them in arena since Ronda was released.

1. The game isn't asking you to win arena matches, is it? No, it asks you to PLAY 5 arena matches. 

2. His AOE has decent multipliers, but to make it do any dmage worth mentioning, you'd have to focus your build on Crate and CDMG, which massively curtails his tankiness and resistance. Also, control counts as defensive measure. So yes, he is a defensive champ. And he's nowhere near the "defensive monster" you make him out to be. 

3. You want to go half-cocked against a maxed opponent, that's on you. You not willing to max Ronda does not make UDK OP. And for the record, I'd max Ronda as soon as you get her. 

4. I don't fail to empathize with you guys....I refuse to empathize with you because you are attempting to bypass the learning curve you're mentioning. You don't want to farm gear, you don't want to build champs, you don't want to learn the mechanics of arena play....but you want to blame your frustration on UDK being OP. Why should we empathize with you, especially when every time we attempt to teach the game to you, you completely disregard what we're trying to say, acting like we just don't know what you're talking about. Do you undertand for disrespectful the new players are being to HQ, who went out of her way to create a completely new account to illustrate that he is beatable, yet new players still act like she has no idea what she's talking about?

5. Get that Ronda to 6* and ascend her to 6*. 5* anything is not worth mentioning in this game. I know it's hard, especially in the beginning, but the game is a grind, everyone will tell you that. Get her to 6*, slap some decent gear on her, and let her loose. She'll treat you right. 

Dec 23, 2022, 20:5112/23/22
May 24, 2023, 05:19(edited)
11/19/22

Oh, I'm not complaining, I was.just trying to provide a more balanced perspective on what has otherwise become a very polarized argument. :)

And yes  plan to 6 star Ronda as soon as possible - great in dungeons as well as arena. :)

May 23, 2023, 19:0205/23/23
07/31/20

I have te best results against UDK with Cleopterix and Ronda combo with her block passive skills. My Cleo just rips him up with A3 and A2. If he is protected by a stoneskin which is just nasty I bring in Madame or Sethalia to try and rip that off. But sometimes Cleo and Ronda are enough cause the pure damage can remove it

May 23, 2023, 20:4405/23/23
10/17/22

My two Mistreated Monsters, Rhonda and Scyle  usually beat UDK  but it does depend on his build,. I was glad to have acquired him but he is a pain in the arse.