All Categories

Raid Digest (06.08.21)

Raid Digest (06.08.21)

Hello Raiders! It has been a stormy week for all of us, but it’s moments like this that make us look deeper, rethink some things and cooperate closer. First of all, we’d like to thank you for not being indifferent and expressing your opinion on the latest changes in the game. We want you to know that your thoughts never remain unheard, even if sometimes it may seem otherwise. Some things reveal themselves in the long run, others need some better explaining to start making more sense. We invite you to dive into our regular #RaidDigest in which we will address several currently most pressing issues. 

Let’s start with the big one. Release 4.50 - newly added Clan Levels, Clan Shop, and Clan Quests. These have been among the most expected additions to the game for quite a while. Unfortunately, when it came to implementation, they didn’t quite enter the game and your perception exactly the way they were supposed to. So here is what this is all about.

Some time ago, we made a statement that our dev team set a course for the Clans feature development this year, which implies a set of clan-oriented improvements and some really big additions. Clan vs Clan Tournament was the first  feature in this plan, Clan Levels (together with Quests and the Shop) - the second one. But these are only pieces of the puzzle: our ultimate goal is to create a built-in system inside our game aimed at encouraging players to work toward the team goal, which, in turn, should bring benefits to every clan member involved. Thus, the immediate features included in patch 4.50 are only a part of the much bigger picture that we have planned for Clans. 

Clan Gold

It was introduced to the game as a bonus for those players who volunteer to take up quests and help their Clan to win Clan XP. Even though Clan Quests are an important mechanism for how Clans can earn Clan Gold and progress in their Clans development, they are NOT the main source of getting Clan Gold. CvC Tournaments (starting from one of the closest ones) will start featuring Clan Gold as a reward along with Clan XP. And a lot more places with Clan Gold as a reward will gradually be appearing in the game.

Clan Quests

Some Quests are more difficult than others, it’s true. And that’s what we aimed for - to bring variety and supply challenges-loving players with something to sweat over. However, we do agree that it’s best to admit when something is too much. That’s why, we are planning to modify several Quests where you need to fight in level 20 Dungeons (FK, Spider, Ice Golem, Dragon) with Rare Champions from a particular Faction. The condition “with Rare Champion only” will be removed. The change will take place in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned. 

We also acknowledge that the aspect of only 20 Quests being accessible to 30 Clan members in Clans below level 5 is a bit distorted. We will be reconsidering this one.

We continue monitoring our analytical data and collecting your feedback on the Clan Quests to see if anything else needs to be adjusted.

Clan Level

Seeing some calculations made by players about how much time it theoretically might take to reach Clan Level 20 (even decades were mentioned!!),  we ask you to be careful about trusting anything that is not official info. The calculations based on the data extracted from the game client cannot illustrate the real situation since it does not take into account other activities and locations where you will be able to earn Clan Gold and Clan XP in the future. 

We will be providing you with more information on the subject in our future digests, highlights and videos.

Have a great weekend, everyone! 

Views
Comments
Aug 6, 2021, 16:0608/06/21
Aug 6, 2021, 17:2108/06/21
01/27/21

Here's a strange idea: you provide more information BEFORE implementing something!  I know, who would have ever thought that actual communication could prevent people reacting to the reality they've been presented with instead of the future reality that you are planning!

As for clan quests:  SHARE THE GOLD.  If we are a team, reward us as a team instead of creating this 100% predictable infighting.  You were warned by the content creators and you ignored them.  You were screamed at by most of the player base and your response is:  a solution will arrive at some point so don't worry.  That's unsatisfactory.  Share the gold for completing clan quests and then we'll work together as a clan.  Which was supposed to be the entire point of this whole thing in case you forgot.  Which your devs apparently did.

Aug 6, 2021, 17:4208/06/21
Aug 6, 2021, 17:59(edited)
01/29/20

Daily login rewards are terrible, 100% of the players are mad about it, bring back shards and chikens. Otherwise it's is just 30 filler slots with no actual reward, nothing to log in for.

People in the same clan should cooperate not COMPETE - it needs to be changed, lower the gold rewards but SHARE them among clan members. 

The shop is somehow even worse then the bazaar. Even players in their first weeks won't buy lesser potions or brews. Only champion fragmets are useful (but what if you have that champion?), legendary books are locked away at 12th slot. If it doesn't take a decade to unlock, it would be a year minimum, I bet you. 

BAD JOB! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

Aug 6, 2021, 18:0308/06/21
05/25/20

SHHHH don't talk about Daily Loghin changes. all palyer are happy about this - NOT NOT NOT 

Aug 6, 2021, 18:4008/06/21
Aug 6, 2021, 18:46(edited)
12/19/19

Thanks Oracle. I think this is an excellent and timely response. A bunch of crybabies in this forum.

Aug 6, 2021, 18:5608/06/21
04/18/21

slaves of this game will continue to support and spend lots of money. most of the players are not happy about login reward removal of sacred shard and 5 star chicken those feedbacks were completely ignored.

Aug 6, 2021, 19:0308/06/21
Aug 6, 2021, 19:34(edited)
05/29/19

This is "PR Spin" to try to retake control of the narrative.  It is a simple fact that Plarium bungled all aspects of this release.  The Clan Quest feature is half-baked at best, and was not, and still is not ready for release to your customers, and certainly not worth of a hype video promoting a "work in progress" incomplete feature.

Your response does nothing to address the following:

• Clan Quests are NOT a group activity
  • Clan Quests are NOT shared effort and shared rewards
  • Clan v Clan is already a "pay to win" feature - tying Clan Levels and Clan Gold to this is a mistake
  • Not addressing the changes to Login rewards - you're just skirting this issue or flat out ignoring it
  • Clan Levels taking 20-40 years IS THE DATA WE HAVE TO BASE ASSUMPTIONS OFF OF
  • 20 Clan Quests versus 30 players with a weekly limit of 3 per person - This simple example highlights your lack of planning, lack of understanding for your own game, and how you ignore feedback from the community content creators who pointed this out WEEKS AGO
  • Your design and development decisions, implemented in isolated fragments results in a horrible end-user experiece - this means lower retention rates, increases in customer dissatisfaction, bad play-store reviews, YouTube down-voting, etc.

This response did NOTHING to change the above.  PR Spin plain and simple.

Aug 6, 2021, 19:4008/06/21
03/31/20

Didn't enter our perception lol so this complete and utter shambles overwhelmingly detested by your players is our fault, how about you own up to completly messing this up, take the L and change it instead of trying to deflect blame way to insult the paying customers mr community manager

Aug 6, 2021, 20:0308/06/21
09/21/20

Some things reveal themselves in the long run, others need some better explaining to start making more sense.  

Agreed - so here's the chance to better explain the removal of the shard and chicken reward rather than totally ignore the bad feeling about it.

Make that decision make more sense - I'm curious how it's going to be explained other than as a means to make people spend more money. I think people would rather Plarium was honest about that rather than make up some reason or other.

If it's not for that reason, why not add the fragments in place of just about anything else on that list which are of much less value to players?

Aug 6, 2021, 22:0708/06/21
12/07/20

Please take another look at limiting or how to limit the number of quests a person can accept. Having it limited to 3 is a serious flaw when you have some players much more active than others. Our clan currently has a total of 6 quests accepted. So now the few of us that actusally participate have to sit and wait until they reset to try and earn more gold all while there is plenty more we could do if we were'nt limited.

Aug 6, 2021, 23:4908/06/21
05/28/20

OMG where to start with this load of company waffle & spin.

" but it’s moments like this that make us look deeper, rethink some things and cooperate closer. First of all, we’d like to thank you for not being indifferent and expressing your opinion on the latest changes in the game. We want you to know that your thoughts never remain unheard"  If one believes the content creators their pre launch feedback certainly was unheard. What is terrifying is that any of this got past a thought bubble in someone's head.

"Even though Clan Quests are an important mechanism for how Clans can earn Clan Gold and progress in their Clans development, they are NOT the main source of getting Clan Gold. CvC Tournaments (starting from one of the closest ones) will start featuring Clan Gold as a reward along with Clan
XP. And a lot more places with Clan Gold as a reward will gradually be appearing in the game. "
Do you not understand what you have written V what actually is happening. It is not Clan gold it is personal gold for an individual player in a clan. Seriously this is not hard. And as I understand from the proposed "enhancement" to CvC Tournments they are personal rewards seperate to the current clan rewards. Why is what I & the rest of the players expect of a clan so at odds with what the company actually delivers. 

"Some Quests are more difficult than others, it’s true. And that’s what we aimed for - to bring variety and supply challenges-loving players with something to sweat over. However, we do agree that it’s best to admit when something is too much. That’s why, we are planning to modify several Quests where you need to fight in level 20 Dungeons (FK, Spider, Ice Golem, Dragon) with Rare Champions from a particular Faction." It is becoming apparent that no one in the company actually plays this game otherwise the idea never would have got beyond a thought bubble let alone be implemented. And your wording indicates an unknown future date. Lord give me strength. 

" We also acknowledge that the aspect of only 20 Quests being accessible to 30 Clan members in Clans below level 5 is a bit distorted. We will be reconsidering this one."   Do I need to post a comment about this reponse, go on take a guess or go back & read my comments in your Patch Notes post. Again your wording indicates an unknown future date.  In a word, APPALLING. 

"Seeing some calculations made by players about how much time it theoretically might take to reach Clan Level 20 (even decades were mentioned!!),  we ask you to be careful about trusting anything that is not official info."  Noted but where is the offical info? I agree those players who extracted data from the game client haven't taken into account CvC Tournment & other unknown activities. However from what I have seen of their efforts in other aspects of the game it has been fairly reliable & appears to be used by many players including myself. Perhaps it is just incrediable luck as to how I gear & tune my champs in CB, Dungeons, etc. Yeah of course & I'm breathlessly awaiting Father Xmas. Of course the passing of time will show the true situation so I anxiously await the reblanace/fix that we both know will happen.  

I am happy for a nominal fee to provide comment/feedback to the thought bubble person before it gets handed over to the development committe & we end up with this SNAFU. Let me know. 

Aug 7, 2021, 08:5408/07/21
11/24/19

Thanks for some reaction. Some mentioned fixes will help. But I think you did not address the core issue. The system, where the quests are just individual is the main failure in my opinion. There should be a real clan members cooperation, not just trying to complete 30 individual results into one. And the final result should be a clan result, not just like I must quickly nab a quest to get something. Its like forcing a basketball player to just grab a ball and try scoring regardless of their team. No care if the team win or loose, because only his individual statistic is counting and overall result has almost no benefit. The main reward should be for a team result, not for individual score! Let all members to work on all quests together or let all members get some reward (in ingame currency) anytime someone completes their quest.

You basically call someone a liar when they said it takes decades to get clan to some level. This is double terrible failure from you! First, it was your absolute fail in communication. Why we did not get a complete info about getting clan promotion points? And second, the reaction after - attack instead of apology. We are your customers, we are your source of money and content creators are our voice. And in my opinion, it looks like you want to claim a war. You are fighting them and us. Great dissapointment for me :(

Aug 7, 2021, 10:5308/07/21
Aug 7, 2021, 10:54(edited)
08/03/20

For god sake. Dupe problem, No use fusion fragments problem, optimization. Solve this. It must be your primary "QUEST". 

Stop ruining everything what you touch

Aug 7, 2021, 16:5908/07/21
Aug 7, 2021, 17:10(edited)
07/04/20

The sad thing with Plarium is that not even those who work on Raid actually play Raid. If they did , those silly childish mistakes that clearly indicate ignorance would have been easily avoided. 

Clan quests were supposed to be a team effort, yet you very well manage to put us against each other. Well done Plarium!

The rewards from Clan Quests must be shared for all members. That will easily fix most of the problems. Recalibrating the insane difficulty of some quests and increasing the number of quests will fix the rest.

I will repeat, force the people that work on Raid to play Raid and clown fiestas like this will be easily avoided.

Aug 7, 2021, 17:5908/07/21
03/19/20

Im  happy  to  see  the  new  clan  changes  clan  gold  bought  my  self  a  ton  of  silver  with  every  little  work  i  quest  and  as  i  have  said  before  I  have  gotten  more  legos  from  ancent  shards  them  scared  shards  and  now  im  for  sure  getting  one  yes  its  four  months  but  atleast  i know  Im  getting  one  amd  maybe  you  can  do  events  to  maybe  speed  that  four  months  up  some  hint  hint  

OracleCommunity Manager
Aug 10, 2021, 10:3408/10/21
03/02/21

Hi, guys! 

The primary purpose of the new Clan features is to encourage communication inside a Clan. Of course, it is possible to introduce gameplay mechanics that would restrict the distribution of quests or delegate that responsibility to the Clan leader. However, such an approach has its own shortcomings as it limits the freedom of an individual player, who might want to try to do different quests. On top of that, it would cause severe strain on the Clan leader because they would be encumbered with an immense amount of repetitive chores with high risks of alienating a player. Lastly, giving such power to a Clan leader create a basis for abuse because the leader might distribute quests unevenly based on his own preferences to friends in the Clan.

The duplicate system is already in progress. It is intended to be comprehensive and useful for both beginner and seasoned players alike and supposed to utilize duplicate Champions in such a way that would be meaningful across all or nearly all areas of the game. 

Thank you for the feedback!

Aug 10, 2021, 12:3008/10/21
01/19/21
Oracle

Hi, guys! 

The primary purpose of the new Clan features is to encourage communication inside a Clan. Of course, it is possible to introduce gameplay mechanics that would restrict the distribution of quests or delegate that responsibility to the Clan leader. However, such an approach has its own shortcomings as it limits the freedom of an individual player, who might want to try to do different quests. On top of that, it would cause severe strain on the Clan leader because they would be encumbered with an immense amount of repetitive chores with high risks of alienating a player. Lastly, giving such power to a Clan leader create a basis for abuse because the leader might distribute quests unevenly based on his own preferences to friends in the Clan.

The duplicate system is already in progress. It is intended to be comprehensive and useful for both beginner and seasoned players alike and supposed to utilize duplicate Champions in such a way that would be meaningful across all or nearly all areas of the game. 

If you don't want to encumber people with an immense amount of repetitive chores with high risks of alienating players, then why would you implement a clan bureaucracy system that does exactly that? You may think this encourages communication, and to an extent it does, but it does so in the most tedious way possible. You're basically adding a hoop for clans to jump through to force communication for communications sake, not because there's anything really meaningful to talk about. Even if we assume that your idea didn't suck, which it certainly does, you provide only the most basic methods for clans to communicate within the game that is painfully inadequate. You can tell people to use Discord or whatever, but telling people to use 3rd party tools in order to play your game only serves to highlight your own failure to make a proper support system for what you claim your goals are.

Every single point you have about strain on the clan leader and player freedom is nonsense. All you accomplish without providing any sort of control mechanism is to put that strain on everyone. If the leader doesn't want to deal with that, they can delegate it and only do the actual distribution once the assignments have been decided on, or even allow deputies to do it. If the leader abuses that power, then people who feel they are being treated unfairly can leave the clan. You could make the exact same argument to say that the leader's ability to control who is a member of the clan should be removed, because it'd let them only allow friends to join, and I'm pretty sure we can all agree that's nonsensical. And finally, freedom of the individual player? The freedom to do what? Screw over the rest of your clan? Get kicked from it by doing so? The very premise of this system, again assuming it actually makes sense as presented, is that individuals are forced to compromise their freedom of choice, so don't pretend like that is somehow a sacred right you want to protect.

Not, mind you, that I think that giving the leader the ability to assign quests is a good idea, but that's only because it shouldn't be a thing that is needed in the first place. Just making the rewards shared and letting players release quests if they realize they can't do them would make the entire issue moot, and still accomplish your alleged communication goals but without the added stick to go with the carrot. It wouldn't be perfect, but at least it wouldn't be overtly bothersome to deal with.

All in all, this is the most having-the-cake-and-eating-it attempt at damage control I've seen in recent memory. At this point I'm not sure if you people genuinely have no clue what your goals are or if you do and just don't want to share them. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and whatever pay-to-win mechanism you've got planned gets added (the CvC changes seems like a first step in that direction), because surely you can't have added this because you think it's enjoyable. 

Aug 10, 2021, 12:5508/10/21
09/14/20
EGDNIT

If you don't want to encumber people with an immense amount of repetitive chores with high risks of alienating players, then why would you implement a clan bureaucracy system that does exactly that? You may think this encourages communication, and to an extent it does, but it does so in the most tedious way possible. You're basically adding a hoop for clans to jump through to force communication for communications sake, not because there's anything really meaningful to talk about. Even if we assume that your idea didn't suck, which it certainly does, you provide only the most basic methods for clans to communicate within the game that is painfully inadequate. You can tell people to use Discord or whatever, but telling people to use 3rd party tools in order to play your game only serves to highlight your own failure to make a proper support system for what you claim your goals are.

Every single point you have about strain on the clan leader and player freedom is nonsense. All you accomplish without providing any sort of control mechanism is to put that strain on everyone. If the leader doesn't want to deal with that, they can delegate it and only do the actual distribution once the assignments have been decided on, or even allow deputies to do it. If the leader abuses that power, then people who feel they are being treated unfairly can leave the clan. You could make the exact same argument to say that the leader's ability to control who is a member of the clan should be removed, because it'd let them only allow friends to join, and I'm pretty sure we can all agree that's nonsensical. And finally, freedom of the individual player? The freedom to do what? Screw over the rest of your clan? Get kicked from it by doing so? The very premise of this system, again assuming it actually makes sense as presented, is that individuals are forced to compromise their freedom of choice, so don't pretend like that is somehow a sacred right you want to protect.

Not, mind you, that I think that giving the leader the ability to assign quests is a good idea, but that's only because it shouldn't be a thing that is needed in the first place. Just making the rewards shared and letting players release quests if they realize they can't do them would make the entire issue moot, and still accomplish your alleged communication goals but without the added stick to go with the carrot. It wouldn't be perfect, but at least it wouldn't be overtly bothersome to deal with.

All in all, this is the most having-the-cake-and-eating-it attempt at damage control I've seen in recent memory. At this point I'm not sure if you people genuinely have no clue what your goals are or if you do and just don't want to share them. I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and whatever pay-to-win mechanism you've got planned gets added (the CvC changes seems like a first step in that direction), because surely you can't have added this because you think it's enjoyable. 

Can agree to all you wrote. Couldn't have done it better and stopped my own reaction to the comment of Oracle. 

Aug 11, 2021, 00:2108/11/21
05/28/20
Oracle

Hi, guys! 

" primary purpose of the new Clan features is to encourage communication inside a Clan" - easy words to write but exactly how did the person/committee mean for this to occur. I look forward to the explanation so our clan can implement it asap.  Our clan has had a discord channel for the entire time I have been a member. Three quarters have joined our channel but only half of those participate. One member refuses to join but meets clan requirments & participates heavily in CvC. The others ignore repeated in game requests to join. So yeah real keen for the detail in this exiting statment from you/the company. I could be churlish and say its just dribble but lets give the benefit of the doubt - so go for it.

Aug 11, 2021, 09:1408/11/21
02/14/21

I am sorry but why are you trying to force me to be social in a single player game?

There is a reason I play single player games, hint it is not because i want to be a social butterfly 😋

If I could get CB, CVC and now CQ with out being in a clan you are damn straight i would not be in a clan, also I have been in the clans I am in on my 2 accounts and have never seen anyone even say hi, much less plan what people should or should not be doing.

Aug 12, 2021, 17:5308/12/21
12/19/19
Minin

I am sorry but why are you trying to force me to be social in a single player game?

There is a reason I play single player games, hint it is not because i want to be a social butterfly 😋

If I could get CB, CVC and now CQ with out being in a clan you are damn straight i would not be in a clan, also I have been in the clans I am in on my 2 accounts and have never seen anyone even say hi, much less plan what people should or should not be doing.

So you want all the benefits of being in a clan, without actually being in a clan :)

C

CVC

CQ

The "C" is for clan.  Plarium doesn't care if you are social, they just want you to spend $$$