All Categories

Please help on Crit Rate question

Search
Sep 20, 2022, 09:1909/20/22
04/12/21

I understand that Crit Rate is very important to be over 100%, but is that for all champs or for just ATK camps, or maybe even another answer?

TIA

Views
Comments
Comments
Sep 20, 2022, 09:3309/20/22
07/08/19

it is important for any champ whose primary role is to deal damage, as well as any champ whose abilities rely on critical hits to land their effects, such as dhukk or tomb lord.

Sep 20, 2022, 11:1709/20/22
04/12/21

Thanks for reply,

The second part of your answer is fairly easy to determine, as critical hit is often mentioned in the skill descriptions. In my assortment of champs, I noted about ten that mentioned it, but alas, I do not have any champ with 100% CR.  I have a few that get over that if there is an aura or special crit boost that gets applied. So I have some rework ahead of me.

However the first part of your answer, to me, is sort of vague.  For most champs, damage is mentioned in the description, but how would I tell if that is their "primary role?" Is there a good way to discern that, or is some tribal knowledge of the game necessary?

Sep 20, 2022, 11:4109/20/22
08/22/21

You need to determine how you are going to use your champs.  If you have a team with a specific Damage Dealer, a Reviver, a support champ that decreases the defense of the other team, and a champ that speeds up your team, not all of them are going to need high crit rate.  ATK champs that you designate as your damage dealer needs 100% Crit rate.  Just because a Champ is an ATK type, doesn't necessarily mean that you will that as their "Primary Role"

Sep 20, 2022, 12:3909/20/22
04/12/21

OK, I buy that. It appears to be more up to me than what the game necessarily would dictate.  But certain things lend themselves to fit a role as a damage dealer, and I would need help deciding what those would be.  

I have a champ, Soulbond Bowyer.  All 3 skills indicate an increase in crit rate chance of 25%, also SB has an aura of 12% Crit Rate.  It would make sense to me that to use that champ to its potential, it makes sense to have the crit rate as close as possible if not more than 100%.

Also makes sense that for other champs I have like Athel, Kael, Warmaiden, Coldheart, 100% crit would be good to have.

Problem for me is what to pick for the Gloves artifact.  It seems to me that you have to choose one or the other, CR or CDMG, and whatever you do not pick will struggle to be a good value.

I am not like those guys on utube that have infinite everything, and every artifact 100 different ways, and can switch them around at will. So I try to be selective and do what I can.

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 20, 2022, 17:3609/20/22
12/30/20

You never need Crit Rate over 100% for anyone. Does nothing over that. As for the general approach to crit rate, carpe covered that. 

With a champion like Soulbond, you'd only need their crit rate to be maximum 75% (because of the added potential of critical hits), or 63% if you run the aura. 

With Athel/Kael they are often built with ~85% crit rate due to their A2 added crit chances, though you can try to max their crit rate. 

Coldheart however is a different case. She doesn't hit very hard other than her A3 which has a 30% built in crit chance. Would pretty much never try to take her above 70% crit rate.

Warmaiden is more of a debuffer than a damage dealer, so with her I'd typically want to stick with accuracy/speed/hp. 

Early on crit rate gloves are usually going to be the play, trying to find crit damage on amulets often. 

As for checking out your gearing, try the Fitting Room out. Free way of seeing potential builds with your existing champions and gear, in game. :) (Pick a champion, click on their gear, hit filter, then you'll find Fitting Room on the left. Will show you what the potential gear changes would do to your stats and how much the change will cost.)

Sep 20, 2022, 23:1209/20/22
02/11/21
End Is Near

OK, I buy that. It appears to be more up to me than what the game necessarily would dictate.  But certain things lend themselves to fit a role as a damage dealer, and I would need help deciding what those would be.  

I have a champ, Soulbond Bowyer.  All 3 skills indicate an increase in crit rate chance of 25%, also SB has an aura of 12% Crit Rate.  It would make sense to me that to use that champ to its potential, it makes sense to have the crit rate as close as possible if not more than 100%.

Also makes sense that for other champs I have like Athel, Kael, Warmaiden, Coldheart, 100% crit would be good to have.

Problem for me is what to pick for the Gloves artifact.  It seems to me that you have to choose one or the other, CR or CDMG, and whatever you do not pick will struggle to be a good value.

I am not like those guys on utube that have infinite everything, and every artifact 100 different ways, and can switch them around at will. So I try to be selective and do what I can.

Think of it like this. A regular hit has damage depending of mulltiplier and scale stat (damage based on ____). Pretty straightforward, right? So at first glance, the higher the stat (let's say ATK), the higher the damage. 

However, to get full potential for damage, it helps to land a CRITICAL HIT. The chance to land it is known as "critical rate", the additional damage it deals is called "critical damage". 

So a crit damage of 200% means your hit deals additional 200% damage IF the hit is critical. In order to make sure the hit is critical, you need 100% crit rate. The lower the crit rate, the lower the likelyhood of critical hit and thus, critical damage. 

So you don't have to have it, but the closer your crit rate is to 100%, the more consistently you will be landing critical hits and dealing more damage. And like others mentioned, going over 100% adds no value. 

As for gearing, if you are rocking 4*-5* gear, chances are getting 100% crit rate without CR gloves will be hard. But with Soulbond, she only needs 75%. You have base crit rate of 15%, you get 5% from the first mastery. That leaves 55% neede from gear. I'd filter some gear in your inventory with crit rate substat and see what you can come up with before you pick gloves (use fitting room feature). Forget sets for now, focus on stats first. If you can get 55% crit rate from other gear, go for CDMG gloves (also keep in mind any CDMG gloves with CR substat). If you can't find enough CR from other gear, put on CR gloves and try to muster as much CDMG as you can from other gear while keeping total of 100% CR.

Sep 21, 2022, 11:0509/21/22
04/12/21

great comments above, thanks much folks!!

My CR's are woefully low, too embarassed to say, that is why I am trying to do a revamp, and yes 4-5 star and lately a few 6 star gear is in the picture.  I am definitely looking for more hits on the screen with yellow numbers!  Much of the game is focussed on speed, I think CR is underemphasized, but very important.

Sep 21, 2022, 15:1509/21/22
02/11/21
End Is Near

My CR's are woefully low, too embarassed to say, that is why I am trying to do a revamp, and yes 4-5 star and lately a few 6 star gear is in the picture.  I am definitely looking for more hits on the screen with yellow numbers!  Much of the game is focussed on speed, I think CR is underemphasized, but very important.

I generally roll any epic or legendary artifact that has crit rate substat, provided that I like the main stat, just to see if I can get tripple rolls. I doubt you'll have enough crit rate from 4* gear, to be honest, but with champs like Soulbond or Colheart who don't need 100% crit rate, it's possible I guess. 

Right now, I'd say crit rate gloves are your friends, especially with CDMG substats. If you manage to get crit. damage gloves with crit rate substat, keep them for later.  

Sep 21, 2022, 15:5109/21/22
06/25/20
End Is Near

Much of the game is focused on speed for two main reasons:

1. Most teams, in most content, will run at most two people whose role is damage. For the other three, speed and accuracy are typically the most important, because their role is CC, debuffing, and TM control. As an example, my DTH team is Kimi, Maulie, Skarg, BEK, and Ninja. Of those five, only Ninja is geared for damage, and even there, his main role isn't really damage - it's CC and the HP burn exploding.
  2. For those whose role *is* damage, reaching 100% CR is a baseline assumption. Nobody talks about it because everyone just assumes you have it. From there, speed tends to be in the top three remaining, with the other two being CDMG and ACC.
Sep 22, 2022, 15:0109/22/22
04/12/21

Thanks again for the answers, sorry for delay but I had an unexpected setback with the game. While composing a post, I was attempting to include a screenshot of a game situation to include in the post.  However that little act got me banned for spamming!!  Not only that but the ban was to last an entire YEAR!! What is up with that?  Did I murder someone? Anyway after about 5 or 6 back and forth emails with support they simply said I was unbanned, with no further explanation.  I expected about 5 legos as an apology but nothing, nada, zilch!

I am still focussed on Soul Bowyer as a learning experience. A few notes: 

Now my CR is at 91%.  I have dumped my CDMG gloves and exchanged them for CR gloves.  Now I have 91% CR, and my glove stat will achieve me 100% CR when I upgrade from L15 to L16, which will add 9% more.

The aura boost is good to have, but it only applies when Soul is the team leader.  Other skills add 25% chance of critical hit but that is only a chance.  So I feel better having a hardwired 100% CR, and if it goes over, so be it.  I just want to get it and see what it does.

I still have some stats with roll boosts available for CR and CDMG, and am not yet using a banner stat.

With a family of about 50 champs in play, with none of them at 100%CR, I will get plenty more practice.

Sep 22, 2022, 15:1409/22/22
06/25/20

They don't add *a* 25% chance of critical hit - they add 25% to *your* chance of a critical hit. AKA, if you have 75%, they'll make it 100%.

Sep 22, 2022, 15:2309/22/22
11/16/20
End Is Near

Thanks again for the answers, sorry for delay but I had an unexpected setback with the game. While composing a post, I was attempting to include a screenshot of a game situation to include in the post.  However that little act got me banned for spamming!!  Not only that but the ban was to last an entire YEAR!! What is up with that?  Did I murder someone? Anyway after about 5 or 6 back and forth emails with support they simply said I was unbanned, with no further explanation.  I expected about 5 legos as an apology but nothing, nada, zilch!

Now my CR is at 91%.  I have dumped my CDMG gloves and exchanged them for CR gloves.  Now I have 91% CR, and my glove stat will achieve me 100% CR when I upgrade from L15 to L16, which will add 9% more.

The aura boost is good to have, but it only applies when Soul is the team leader.  Other skills add 25% chance of critical hit but that is only a chance.  So I feel better having a hardwired 100% CR, and if it goes over, so be it.  I just want to get it and see what it does.

I still have some stats with roll boosts available for CR and CDMG, and am not yet using a banner stat.

With a family of about 50 champs in play, with none of them at 100%CR, I will get plenty more practice.

You only need 100% crit rate. Soulbound has a built in 25% "chance" added to 75% "chance" from gearing and you have 100% "chance" to crit. There is no point in over capping on crit rate. I feel you keep misunderstanding crit rate.

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 22, 2022, 15:5009/22/22
12/30/20
End Is Near

If you get accidentally caught by the spam bot again, please contact myself or another moderator on the forum and we can fix that. 👍

Sep 22, 2022, 16:0009/22/22
04/12/21

Perhaps but when all is said and done if I end up with too much CR then I can rework an artifact or two to retool another substat.

Actually I have been unusually fortunate with CR rolls going my way, normally does not happen.

Sep 22, 2022, 16:0609/22/22
04/12/21
kramaswamy.kr

They don't add *a* 25% chance of critical hit - they add 25% to *your* chance of a critical hit. AKA, if you have 75%, they'll make it 100%.

Then what confuses me then is what is included in the table of stat totals?  The totals for "artifacts" includes only the hard numbers, not things like "additional 25% chance." Would that mean it depends on how many books you might have to get those chances?

Sep 22, 2022, 16:0709/22/22
04/12/21
dthorne04

If you get accidentally caught by the spam bot again, please contact myself or another moderator on the forum and we can fix that. 👍

nay nay, sounds nice but you forget I cannot post anything to get help except contact support

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 22, 2022, 16:0909/22/22
12/30/20
End Is Near

nay nay, sounds nice but you forget I cannot post anything to get help except contact support

Click on my avatar (or any other moderators) then hit the green message button to PM. 

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 22, 2022, 16:1009/22/22
12/30/20
End Is Near

Then what confuses me then is what is included in the table of stat totals?  The totals for "artifacts" includes only the hard numbers, not things like "additional 25% chance." Would that mean it depends on how many books you might have to get those chances?

No, that 25% is built in without books, thus we only need to hit 75% CR with a champ like Soulbond Bowyer at the very most. 

Sep 22, 2022, 16:1909/22/22
04/12/21
dthorne04

Click on my avatar (or any other moderators) then hit the green message button to PM. 

ok thanks good to know, don't think I ever saw a users guide to moderators lol

Sep 22, 2022, 16:3109/22/22
04/12/21
dthorne04

No, that 25% is built in without books, thus we only need to hit 75% CR with a champ like Soulbond Bowyer at the very most. 

Ok, I think I am getting it. With Soul every skill incudes 25% chance of critical hit, so all is needed from me is 75%.

Now my next subject is Kael, on the Acid Rain skill an additional 15% is included to my total, so only 85% is needed from me. I have a CR glove in progress so that is definitely achievable.  But for those skills where an additional 15% is not added, what about those?  Should I only have 85% on my own or go for the full 100%?

TIA