Power Creep?

Power Creep?

Search
Comments
Sep 17, 2022, 14:0209/17/22
Sep 17, 2022, 14:03(edited)
05/19/19
OccamsRazor

My point in coming here was NOT to ask for advice on team building (I've given that up; done that on other posts, never get decent advice anyway) my point was to point out how unbalanced the Arena is.

I have a question for everyone here:

You've spent five minutes to defeat a Champion who will not go down, seeing your team slam their best attacks on it again and again, cursing every time because you were suckered by a troll into clicking on a team with half your team power, eventually realizing you have to surrender the match, and then see the words, "DEFEAT: NO REWARD" for the tenth time in the past day?

Yeah, how do you feel?

I'd feel like I have to do better next time or wait until I have the right champions with the right gear before I attempt.   There is some seriously difficult content in this game that might take long time to beat (faction wars level 21 comes to mind) and it makes no sense to get frustrated because of it.   Either find a way to beat it, or avoid it until you know you can.  It's a game, it supposed to be fun :) 

Sep 17, 2022, 14:5409/17/22
06/20/19
OccamsRazor

My point in coming here was NOT to ask for advice on team building (I've given that up; done that on other posts, never get decent advice anyway) my point was to point out how unbalanced the Arena is.

You've spent five minutes to defeat a Champion who will not go down, seeing your team slam their best attacks on it again and again, cursing every time because you were suckered by a troll into clicking on a team with half your team power, eventually realizing you have to surrender the match, and then see the words, "DEFEAT: NO REWARD" for the tenth time in the past day?

Yeah, how do you feel?

To paraphrase you; Your point was not to come here looking for advice, trying to improve or understand. Your purpose was to come here and whine and complain about how you are incapable of beating the new champ on the block, and to specifically point out that you dont feel like you should be forced to adapt, learn, or improve!  Ok, I think I understand you.  Take on a challenge much?

Sep 17, 2022, 15:2009/17/22
07/08/19
OccamsRazor

Yeah, how do you feel?

as the saying goes, fool me once...

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 17, 2022, 19:3509/17/22
12/30/20
OccamsRazor

Yeah, how do you feel?

You may very well have champions that are answers to problems you're having now, which would in theory lead to a far better experience than being frustrated by something like UDK.

Ultimately it is your choice how you would like to approach the game. I just believe it's good to get into the habit of trying to find answers to questions or problems you'd like to solve in the game, in terms of dealing with champions, comps, so on and so forth. 

Sep 18, 2022, 00:0909/18/22
Sep 18, 2022, 00:13(edited)
04/06/22

That is certainly an interesting opinion you have, Dthorne. 

I see you did not answer my question.

Was it fun or enjoyable to get so thoroughly pulped by a cheeser-cheater and get nothing whatsoever?

What sort of post do you guys want on a threat titled "Power Creep"?

Sep 18, 2022, 00:4109/18/22
04/24/22

To answer the initial post .. a game that doesnt "powercreep" dies down or tries to make new stuff but that new stuff is just bad . 

To answer the current replies , i wouldnt feel any different from losing to a meta from any other games ... you either play your way or the meta way , key is picking your fights .

dthorne04Moderator
Sep 18, 2022, 00:4609/18/22
12/30/20
OccamsRazor

That is certainly an interesting opinion you have, Dthorne. 

I see you did not answer my question.

Was it fun or enjoyable to get so thoroughly pulped by a cheeser-cheater and get nothing whatsoever?

What sort of post do you guys want on a threat titled "Power Creep"?

Well, I can assure you the answer to that question wouldn't be to call people who disagree with me liars, veiled through a link or otherwise. I would try to solve the problem I was having rather than complaining, especially while people were offering to help. I probably also wouldn't be hostile and rude to those people, either.

I would also consider 5+ people, including several long term players, trying to tell you that you're wrong might mean you're wrong, or the potential of that should be considered. 

Take a break and reevaluate your approach. 👍