Narma the Returned

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Aug 27, 2022, 18:1008/27/22
02/24/19
Balltazer

Question for you, Kram:

If I'm running Fayne in a Block Damage comp, I could completely disable Narma's A2, which has her cycling A1 3 times instead of 2. Effectively, that should be a sufficient boost to her debuff extension chance, right?

I'm still very hesitant because of books it takes to book her, but I wonder if that is a sufficient strategy for her when paired with Fayne. 

Seen success with extending poisons from Anax this way in a comp I've built.... And really, when thinking about it, it's not about perma'ing extensions with Narma, like it is with Vizier. Instead it is about the Poison Sensivity, and extending some poisons here and there so you can get 1-2 more on the bar from champs like Anax or Fayne.

Aug 27, 2022, 18:4508/27/22
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

The problem with Narma is that the three debuffs that are boosted are random. So you end up with lots of situations where you have a few debuffs that are sticking, but those last few slots just never end up lasting, because the wrong debuffs get boosted.

If it were to say instead, "boosts the duration of the three debuffs with the lowest duration by one turn" it'd be another story.

Also, FWIW, I also ran her with the A2 disabled. Wasn't enough, even booked.

That sucks. Well, looks like I'll run her with FB for now. Did a test run today, hit a little over 30Mil, but forgot to check the damages. Once Fayne is fully built and Demytha has Warmaster, I'm expecting to 2-key UNM no problem. 

Pondering if I should turn off Demytha's A2 to get more Warmaster procs. 

Aug 27, 2022, 18:4708/27/22
02/11/21
harleQuinn

Seen success with extending poisons from Anax this way in a comp I've built.... And really, when thinking about it, it's not about perma'ing extensions with Narma, like it is with Vizier. Instead it is about the Poison Sensivity, and extending some poisons here and there so you can get 1-2 more on the bar from champs like Anax or Fayne.

That's the dilemma. I'm getting poison sensitivity from Frozen Banshee, so it doesn't seem like Narma brings enough to the table to justify all those books. I have just enough books to max her, but I think I'll hold out for a different champ. 

Aug 27, 2022, 19:0208/27/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

This is basically what I was doing, yeah. I ran double ME with Narma, Brakus, and Martyr as my three DPS, and Fayne as a swap-in for affinity. Narma in reflex let her keep poisons active pretty effectively - but not enough to guarantee they stay up.

Aug 27, 2022, 23:2108/27/22
02/11/21
kramaswamy.kr

This is basically what I was doing, yeah. I ran double ME with Narma, Brakus, and Martyr as my three DPS, and Fayne as a swap-in for affinity. Narma in reflex let her keep poisons active pretty effectively - but not enough to guarantee they stay up.

Have you had any experience with Urticata? She has a somewhat similar kit, but with no poisons herself. Instead, when the target has Hex, every critical hit from herself or ally has a 25% chance to land a poison for 1 turn. She herself hits 2,3, and 4 times. Between her and Fayne, they could put in some poisons. She also puts poison sensitivity on A2 and extends 2 poison debuffs on A1 with solid chances (87.5% and 75%, respectively).