All Categories

How lucky do you tend to be on x2 speed?

How lucky do you tend to be on x2 speed?

Search
Comments
Aug 24, 2022, 06:5908/24/22
06/20/19
Swiftblade

How do you figure that? If you do 60 runs, you will get 10 boots, if you do 6000, you will get 1000 boots

By saying the average number is 3.5 you're implying you're about twice as likely to get boots as any other piece.

The numbers i gave were reduced to the average number of runs you need to do to get anything in particular, over a large set of runs.

When you talk about one particular instance possible amongst thousands, you cannot simplify it as "well, one player will get it on the first try". Maybe that's so, but one player will run it 100 thousand times and still not get them. All those numbers above were averages. Not total numbers for guaranteed results. But it gives you an idea. If you dont run these kinds of totals, you cannot reasonably expect to get the best items.

If you do 6 runs we would expect to get one each weapon, helm, etc.  Half of those would come by the 3rd run, and half would come in the 4th through 6th run.  It's no different than rolling a die.  Half the numbers would be expected to come up by the 3rd roll, and half after the 3rd roll.  We wold expect, in six rolls, to roll once each a 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6?  That adds to 21.  The average per roll is 21/6 = 3.5.

What you are saying would be equivalent to saying if 6 people rolled a die, only 3 of them would roll a six by the sixth roll, and 3 of them would still be looking for a six after the sixth roll.

You are correct that if you do 60 runs you will get 10 boots.  But you will get half of those boots by the 30th roll.  If you roll a die 6 times, you will get 1 six.  Half the time by the 3rd roll, half the time after.  If you do six runs, you will get one pair of boots.  Half the time by the 3rd run, half the time after.

If 6 players do 6 runs, one will get boots on the first run, one will get them on the second, one will....get them on the sixth run. The average number of runs to get boots = 3.5.  Same for weapons etc.

Aug 24, 2022, 07:2208/24/22
02/11/22

But the small picture is irrelevant. I could present you the numbers in a different way, but i thought i'd make it simple enough to understand. What all i presented means is something like this:

Out of 18643 runs (on normal drop rate), you will get about 3107 pairs of boots

Out of 3107 pairs of boots, you will get 443 with speed on them as main stat...

etc... you see where i'm getting at?

of those 3107 pairs of boots, you will (on average of course) eventually reduce this to 9 pairs of boots which are legendary, 6*, and have speed on them. And of those, ONE will be from the speed set.

Same difference, but in reverse :P

Aug 24, 2022, 07:4308/24/22
06/20/19
Swiftblade

But the small picture is irrelevant. I could present you the numbers in a different way, but i thought i'd make it simple enough to understand. What all i presented means is something like this:

Out of 18643 runs (on normal drop rate), you will get about 3107 pairs of boots

Out of 3107 pairs of boots, you will get 443 with speed on them as main stat...

etc... you see where i'm getting at?

of those 3107 pairs of boots, you will (on average of course) eventually reduce this to 9 pairs of boots which are legendary, 6*, and have speed on them. And of those, ONE will be from the speed set.

Same difference, but in reverse :P

There was nothing wrong with your math.  It just stopped short of comparing in/out of 2x.  The initial point I wanted to make, and what I still feel is the important take away, is that grinding for speed gear during a 2x drop saves 44.4% resources.  Look at it from a results perspective.  Say two players grind and get equivalent speed gear, however much of whatever quality, but pretty much equivalent.  It could be one piece, or 100.  One of them does it during 2x, one without 2x.  The one with 2x saved 44.4% energy and time to get equivalent gear.  That's what I think should be made clear.  

The discussion about what the average is came up afterwards.  While it's technically important, it's not the take away for the average player reading this that just wants to play with the best efficiency to get the gear they want.  Whether it takes 3.5 or 6 runs on average to get a pair of boots, you will spend 44.4% less resources to get speed gear during a 2x.  Hopefully we can agree it doesn't get simpler than that.

Aug 24, 2022, 07:5208/24/22
06/20/19

The small picture is not irrelevant.  It doesn't matter if you're flipping a coin, rolling a 100-sided die, or looking at permutations in the 1000s.  And it doesn't matter if you flip the coin 1, 100, or a million times.  The logic and probabilities are exactly the same.

Aug 24, 2022, 07:5808/24/22
02/11/22

Oh ya, my bad, i didn't get that part LOL

Agreed. These 3-day periods as you correctly point out, if you need to farm a lot of different speed items, ain't no better time to do it than now :P

Aug 24, 2022, 10:3508/24/22
10/15/20

These multiple levels of rng also apply to hydra gear, which is why i think the rewards for hydra suck once you have mithrala

I get 4 chests a week, and most weeks no gear worth keeping.

Aug 24, 2022, 13:3608/24/22
06/25/20
Swiftblade

How do you figure that? If you do 60 runs, you will get 10 boots, if you do 6000, you will get 1000 boots

By saying the average number is 3.5 you're implying you're about twice as likely to get boots as any other piece.

The numbers i gave were reduced to the average number of runs you need to do to get anything in particular, over a large set of runs.

When you talk about one particular instance possible amongst thousands, you cannot simplify it as "well, one player will get it on the first try". Maybe that's so, but one player will run it 100 thousand times and still not get them. All those numbers above were averages. Not total numbers for guaranteed results. But it gives you an idea. If you dont run these kinds of totals, you cannot reasonably expect to get the best items.

If you have a one in six chance of an event occurring, then after 3.5 attempts, the probability that the event did *not* occur is 1 - (5/6)^3.5 ~= 47%. That's where the 3.5 comes from.

Basically - every set of 3.5 runs you do, there is about a 47% chance you will get a boot (in your example).

Aug 24, 2022, 13:5008/24/22
12/19/19
Lyryal

can always use the chaos ore for the telerian trial champ training event to reroll them ? Who knows , you might luck out ! :)

Wouldn't use ore on speed artifacts, I am using on relentless for now.  Considering for stoneskin... but I am still too lazy to gear anyone in it.  But I have some great items ready to go... 😆 

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 24, 2022, 14:0808/24/22
02/24/19
Trips

Wouldn't use ore on speed artifacts, I am using on relentless for now.  Considering for stoneskin... but I am still too lazy to gear anyone in it.  But I have some great items ready to go... 😆 

I use it on Stoneskin and Doom Tower stuff only myself. Stuff that is extremely gated, basically. Speed gear you can eventually farm... sometimes it takes months and months and months, but you can at least. :D

Aug 24, 2022, 14:2208/24/22
10/15/20
Trips

It is a good set, initially i geared my AOE revivers in stoneskin, but im now experimenting with putting my damage dealers in it.

It is just hard to get decent sets 

Aug 24, 2022, 14:2508/24/22
12/19/19
trevor.wilson

It is a good set, initially i geared my AOE revivers in stoneskin, but im now experimenting with putting my damage dealers in it.

It is just hard to get decent sets 

I still haven't used Candy after getting in that guaranteed event...lol.  he will be my 1st . I think damage dealers are the way to go if u get the right stats... I am rolling CR up the @#$ with stoneskin 😆 

Aug 24, 2022, 14:3008/24/22
12/19/19

i

i

Aug 24, 2022, 14:5208/24/22
06/05/22
Swiftblade

I was gonna write a piece about this, but since you started it, I'll enlighten you, if you can bare the boring math for a minute or two.

So you're looking for the prized legendary 6* speed boots from the speed set ya? Hey who isn't? We could also talk about the real Holy Grail of them all, that same piece but with Crit rate, Crit Damage, Accuracy and any of the % stat, you'll fit them on the appropriate champ... but this is a dream within a dream, so let's stick to the more accessible, any Lego 6* boots with speed on speed set.

Accessible? You think so? WRONG! Here are your chances, say at dragon 20 cuz we're talking accessible for every player, right?

1) Do 6 runs, you get one pair of boots

2) Do 7 sets of #1, you'll eventually get one pair of boots with Speed on them. We're at 42 runs

3) Do #2 13.33x, so that you get a legendary drop of those same boots. We're now at 560 runs

4) Repeat #3, 3.70x so that the piece actually is a 6* piece. We're now at 2071 runs.

5) And now, to top it all, you need them on the speed set.. crap, so how many more? Well, there's 9 sets, so without that sham 2x boost, you'll need 18,643 runs, at 16 energy each = 298,296 energy.

But hey, lucky you, we're in the 2x drop period, so your chances improve from 1 out of 9 to 2 out of 10. because they put one more speed set drop in the bag, giving 2 for speed and 1 for every other set. So this comes out to 1 in 5. So you'll need 10,357 runs or 165,720 energy.

Do you think you can run all those in 3 days? LOL nope. Without the boost, if your runs take about 3min each, stop reading this because you need to go in there and start farming right now, for the next 6 weeks, non-stop, 24 hours a day.

Good Luck!

It's absurd to try farming a perfect piece from dragon 20. If you're really hunting for that, you should be running dragon 25. Any account for which farming speed boots makes sense will easily be able to do stage 25, dragon is the most accessible of the dungeons.

So we're talking about twice the amount of 6* legendary pieces, with many more 6* epics as well.

Aug 24, 2022, 14:5508/24/22
06/25/20
Urlibu FTP

It's absurd to try farming a perfect piece from dragon 20. If you're really hunting for that, you should be running dragon 25. Any account for which farming speed boots makes sense will easily be able to do stage 25, dragon is the most accessible of the dungeons.

So we're talking about twice the amount of 6* legendary pieces, with many more 6* epics as well.

Just to qualify this slightly - you're correct *if* you are only looking for 6* legendary pieces. However, if you are also happy with 6* epic pieces, then 24 is the way to go.

Aug 24, 2022, 18:4908/24/22
05/09/22

Try your forge the one set adds to your acc n speed n only takes 2 artifacts if you can't craft the boots use 2 artifacts from the speed set 2 n if you craft your boots I like the 2 crit rate  n crit damage takes 2  resistance remember you got be able to attack w all your force crit rate is the amount you r able to get a critical hit n crit damage is the damage you do n you want it to be a accurate hit punch your leg then your nose w the same power acc matters n you want enough resistance if you dont kill your target you can take his hit n attack again w the same power n all that n that's where speed comes n 2 I've done so many champions the first month n now I'm scrambling to make them better cause the stuff I didn't think mattered but it all matters at different times n places n the game your not gonna have 1 champion that just kills at everything I use different champions for different things n parts n I love this game play it constantly when I'm not messing w these damn chickens real life not the game chickens 

Aug 25, 2022, 07:1508/25/22
10/15/20
haileybug

Try your forge the one set adds to your acc n speed n only takes 2 artifacts if you can't craft the boots use 2 artifacts from the speed set 2 n if you craft your boots I like the 2 crit rate  n crit damage takes 2  resistance remember you got be able to attack w all your force crit rate is the amount you r able to get a critical hit n crit damage is the damage you do n you want it to be a accurate hit punch your leg then your nose w the same power acc matters n you want enough resistance if you dont kill your target you can take his hit n attack again w the same power n all that n that's where speed comes n 2 I've done so many champions the first month n now I'm scrambling to make them better cause the stuff I didn't think mattered but it all matters at different times n places n the game your not gonna have 1 champion that just kills at everything I use different champions for different things n parts n I love this game play it constantly when I'm not messing w these damn chickens real life not the game chickens 

Thanks for the advice

Yes i use a lot of forge gear, lots of champs are kitted in perception and i tend to farm DT hard for lethal gear when fae is on the rotation.

Agree on using different champs for different situations :)

Aug 25, 2022, 08:4608/25/22
02/11/22

Well, effing finally, i got me a 6* speed boots for Arbiter, they're blue, but who cares. the only stat that really matters on her is speed, the rest is bonus.

I was beginning to despair LOL. I mean seriously. I counted all the 6* boots (don't ask me why i keep all of those, i'm still wondering myself!) i have, and i have close to 50 of them. Of those, TWO with speed... wth right? Aren't we supposed to have like 14% chance all equal across all the possible main stats? So with 50 boots, i should have like 7, but up to just now, i had one only (or roughly 2% of my 6*'s).. I know this is a small sample in the grand scheme of things, but not that small really. Even with smaller sampling, the margin of error for probabilities is "usually" not as extreme as i was getting. 

Maybe the tide is finally turning in my favor hehe :P

Sep 4, 2022, 17:2109/04/22
09/04/22

yes i agree but i get more like epic rings and stuff