All Categories

Wil Bolster set be the end of arena?

Search
Aug 5, 2022, 21:4208/05/22
06/19/17

So what do you think?

Is this the end of the go first teams than can nuke in 30 seconds or will it still be viable with enough gear and Trunda-like nuker?

So it will just be the end of Candraphon foli and other second in line nukers?

Views
Comments
Comments
Aug 5, 2022, 21:4608/05/22
Aug 5, 2022, 21:47(edited)
10/11/20

I'm not worried. From what I understand, all it will do is boost the relevance of champions like Yannica and bomb champions. 

Conventional nukes will probably be relegated to TTA. 

Aug 5, 2022, 21:4608/05/22
06/25/20

Because ...? Bolster is basically just a shield set. The healing is nice in other places, but for arena it's essentially just the same thing.

Aug 5, 2022, 21:4808/05/22
10/11/20
kramaswamy.kr

Because ...? Bolster is basically just a shield set. The healing is nice in other places, but for arena it's essentially just the same thing.

Yeah, but you can't strip it. 

Aug 5, 2022, 21:5008/05/22
06/19/17

30% shield from a 100k hp champion is 30.000 extra damage you need to deal. In a traditionel go first team you are very weak if you dont kill atleast 2 enemy champs. I can say for sure, that the way I built my nuker atm that wont go well.

Aug 5, 2022, 22:0908/05/22
10/15/20

Its better than a shield set obviously, but it is a whale only item really? so i dont expect it to be an issue outside of plat

Within plat i imagine people will find ways to counter it.

Aug 5, 2022, 22:1208/05/22
06/19/17
trevor.wilson

Its better than a shield set obviously, but it is a whale only item really? so i dont expect it to be an issue outside of plat

Within plat i imagine people will find ways to counter it.

I agree on point 2.

But not on point 1. The forge pass is pretty reasonably priced (imo). So alot of low spenders will most likely buy it. Based on comments on content creators post by fore example nubkeks seems to verify this.

And unless Im mistaken you can actually use quite a high percentage of your bolster set items. Yes you prefer them to have hp% percent but it is not hard to buidl mountain king with 80k hp even if a few of your items are pretty lacklustre. So you can keep a few items with bad stats just for the set bonus.

Aug 5, 2022, 22:2308/05/22
10/15/20

I could be wrong!

However looking at the other set that we would expect to see change arena completely - stoneskin.

I have built a team in stoneskin for tag myself - but still dont see enough stoneskin to 'destroy' arena in G5?. Its actually surprising how little stoneskin i see aside from the blatant cardinel teams

Stoneskin has been around a while now and is farmable.

Aug 5, 2022, 22:3608/05/22
04/24/22

1st off , im super glad we finally have a new set with forge pass(even tho i dont buy it and have to use the "scraps" to craft a set)

2nd i think this will somewhat change the meta but wont become absolute due to some champs being able to bypass or remove shield(correct me if im wrong , my knowledge of this game is limited)

and 3rd ... we always have to keep in mind , stats , skills and masteries are bigger than just having a set . 

In the end i think everyone should focus on the current pass to get as much materials as possible , then craft once its over(f2p and p2play)

Aug 5, 2022, 22:4108/05/22
06/25/20
Tyr Anasazi

Yeah, but you can't strip it. 

Ah. I definitely missed that part. Okay. I'm now intrigued to see how the meta shakes out.

Aug 5, 2022, 22:4208/05/22
06/19/17
Lyryal

1st off , im super glad we finally have a new set with forge pass(even tho i dont buy it and have to use the "scraps" to craft a set)

2nd i think this will somewhat change the meta but wont become absolute due to some champs being able to bypass or remove shield(correct me if im wrong , my knowledge of this game is limited)

and 3rd ... we always have to keep in mind , stats , skills and masteries are bigger than just having a set . 

In the end i think everyone should focus on the current pass to get as much materials as possible , then craft once its over(f2p and p2play)

Ad 1. Yea last set were pretty underwhelming honestly. So I agree they hard to introduce something useful this time.

Ad 2. Unless they introduce a new mechanic there is no way to remove the shield except from damage.

Ad 3. Some champions will be able to hit through. But on top of mind I dont see any that will be able to do it with an AOE nuke unless Yannica can nuke hard enough. But I just came up with an idea for the next void legendary.

Aug 5, 2022, 23:0308/05/22
06/25/20
drone

Ad 1. Yea last set were pretty underwhelming honestly. So I agree they hard to introduce something useful this time.

Ad 2. Unless they introduce a new mechanic there is no way to remove the shield except from damage.

Ad 3. Some champions will be able to hit through. But on top of mind I dont see any that will be able to do it with an AOE nuke unless Yannica can nuke hard enough. But I just came up with an idea for the next void legendary.

Though to counter point #3 - often you don't need to take the entire enemy team out. It's enough to just take out the key piece of their team that handles the killing.

So - is this going to make my Genzin suddenly useful? :)

Aug 5, 2022, 23:0808/05/22
06/19/17
kramaswamy.kr

Though to counter point #3 - often you don't need to take the entire enemy team out. It's enough to just take out the key piece of their team that handles the killing.

So - is this going to make my Genzin suddenly useful? :)

Could very well be. Basilous Roanas might also have some value had him for ages in vault.

But the thing is you can not see if you are up against a team with shield although a Brogni or Ursuga in enemy team migth be a cue.

Aug 6, 2022, 00:2908/06/22
02/11/22

I'm pretty sure you'll see some Lonatharils attacking you soon enough (i wouldnt put him on my defense team, but for attacking purposes, his join-attack can help crush the most dangerous member on the other side).

I kinda use this strategy with Cardiel. Like i said, on defense, its kinda weak, but for attacking, it works well enough. But of course, i don't play in the big boys league, so i'm talking lower level strategy here.

Aug 6, 2022, 01:4508/06/22
06/25/20
Swiftblade

I'm pretty sure you'll see some Lonatharils attacking you soon enough (i wouldnt put him on my defense team, but for attacking purposes, his join-attack can help crush the most dangerous member on the other side).

I kinda use this strategy with Cardiel. Like i said, on defense, its kinda weak, but for attacking, it works well enough. But of course, i don't play in the big boys league, so i'm talking lower level strategy here.

There's no reason to assume he'll be used any more than any other ally-attack champ. He does nothing special with his version of the move, compared to Fatman. His own personal attack is going to be largely irrelevant - since he'll need to be fast enough to after your booster, he won't be able to get much damage from himself.

Aug 6, 2022, 02:5908/06/22
02/11/22

I can;t disagree with you there, but you tend to think in terms of veteran player, whereas i'm trying to say newer ones might think this is exactly what they need.

Don't forget, here is the WHOLE list of champions who can get their whole team (INCLUDING themselves) to attack at once:

Cardiel, and now, Lonatharil.... thats it, thats all

Fatman brings his friends to the fight, but he doesnt fight himself. 

There are of course three more you can add to this list if you're talking within the Arena context alone, they bring 3 friends, which then becomes the whole team in there. But anywhere else, the list now consists of 2 plus one with an asterisk*.

Aug 6, 2022, 03:1608/06/22
06/25/20
Swiftblade

I can;t disagree with you there, but you tend to think in terms of veteran player, whereas i'm trying to say newer ones might think this is exactly what they need.

Don't forget, here is the WHOLE list of champions who can get their whole team (INCLUDING themselves) to attack at once:

Cardiel, and now, Lonatharil.... thats it, thats all

Fatman brings his friends to the fight, but he doesnt fight himself. 

There are of course three more you can add to this list if you're talking within the Arena context alone, they bring 3 friends, which then becomes the whole team in there. But anywhere else, the list now consists of 2 plus one with an asterisk*.

The entire point of the ally attack team is the other champs. The one doing the attack is almost completely irrelevant.

With that in mind, there's two other legendary champs - Kreela and Lanakis. And, the aforementioned Fatman. They all do the same thing - they enable Skullcrown and Sinesha to wipe the other team out.

Aug 6, 2022, 03:3008/06/22
02/11/22

Yes but in Hydra, those 2 are limited to 3 (random) friends, Cardiel and Lonatharil can attack 6-strong, for what that's worth, of course.

Say you have one of those, teamed with 5 others who AOE on their A1. Thats gotta hurt no? :P

Aug 6, 2022, 03:5608/06/22
06/25/20
Swiftblade

Yes but in Hydra, those 2 are limited to 3 (random) friends, Cardiel and Lonatharil can attack 6-strong, for what that's worth, of course.

Say you have one of those, teamed with 5 others who AOE on their A1. Thats gotta hurt no? :P

I mean, the entire context of this conversation was Arena. If we're talking Hydra, sure, things are different potentially.

Aug 6, 2022, 09:5108/06/22
02/28/22

It will certainly change some teams that use speed boost/speed down, strip and nuke, serris is the obvious choice as it's strip and def down but your nuker will have to be good if there is a high value shield on all allies

Have to wait and see how prevalent it is, but I think a lot will be using it, will it change things, my guess is yes, how much we'll have to wait and see

Aug 6, 2022, 13:0608/06/22
12/19/19
trevor.wilson

I could be wrong!

However looking at the other set that we would expect to see change arena completely - stoneskin.

I have built a team in stoneskin for tag myself - but still dont see enough stoneskin to 'destroy' arena in G5?. Its actually surprising how little stoneskin i see aside from the blatant cardinel teams

Stoneskin has been around a while now and is farmable.

Classic arena difficulty is irrelevant right now... 

Stoneskin is prevalent in upper tag