All Categories

Hero's Path is a pointless event

Search
Jul 29, 2022, 18:5907/29/22
07/29/22

As everyone has probably noticed, the Hero's path event is basically just a combined event of two normal ones - this time champ training and dungeon divers. Difference is you can choose what meager rewards you get. The better ones are so far hidden behind keywalls so not a lot of people have a chance of getting them without serious grinding.

https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/ 

I call these events usually between-fusion events. Only people who tend to buy resources do them, everyone else saves for the next fusion or CvC. I tend to skip all of them, and so I will skip Hero's path too. A better solution would be a CvC style event where everything you do in-game gives you hero coins. That way you could get rewards by playing the game (!) and if you want to specialize, you could still have a few categories with better ones.

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 29, 2022, 20:2707/29/22
06/25/20

Why complain about free stuff? I'll gladly take an extra lego book for just doing what I'm already going to 

Jul 29, 2022, 21:1507/29/22
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Why complain about free stuff? I'll gladly take an extra lego book for just doing what I'm already going to 

Because people think the sacred shard is worth more.  The lego book is the only thing I will go for, if anything.  Was going to wait for cvc to do any training, but if I'm skipping fusion I can afford to spend resources here.

Jul 29, 2022, 21:4407/29/22
02/11/21

What Kram said, it's a free event, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. But you do have the choice to spend the points however you see fit base on how many you have accumulated, whereas in regular events, you're bound to the milestones you achieve. I have Trunda skin fragments and no Trunda.

My only issue with it is the red notification dot that keeps bugging me. I'm saving for the next step in the path to Legendary book, and it wants to make sure I don't forget that I can buy 75 energy. Very distracting. 

Jul 29, 2022, 21:5007/29/22
05/03/20
Trips

Because people think the sacred shard is worth more.  The lego book is the only thing I will go for, if anything.  Was going to wait for cvc to do any training, but if I'm skipping fusion I can afford to spend resources here.

I am willing to grind a bit to get the lego book.  The lego book has more value to me than cvc rewards.  

Jul 29, 2022, 22:2007/29/22
04/24/22

Basically OP wants a CvC style all while saying current event is copy pasta ?

If anything i wish those path event would last an entire week , let people grind it out as much as they want . But otherwise , combining 2 events into 1 and letting us pick what we want to aim for reward , is pretty nice , unlike the first path event we got . 

To me this one is a huge step in the right direction .

Jul 30, 2022, 18:0707/30/22
02/11/22

Just get prepared for fusion event during the hero's path. farming food gives a ton of points, you get experience AND artifacts at once. Get all those level 30's prepped up so you'll have less pressure during fusion. And if you dont have enough crap rares to feed into the 30's, prep a bunch of 20's also. So you can make them 3* chickens for your 30's. I know making them 3* gives hero points, but unless you're really aiming for the sacred shard, don't bother. Better to have them ready for upcoming Champ Training event so you can complete it real fast and focus on something else.

Dungeon grinding gives less points per energy than campaign does for Hero's Path. So there, you know what to do. And you'll likely get a lego book just for doing that.

Jul 30, 2022, 18:2107/30/22
kramaswamy.kr

Free? Where? Need resources and time.

Jul 30, 2022, 19:1407/30/22
Jul 30, 2022, 19:14(edited)
06/25/20
Deleted

Free? Where? Need resources and time.

You get points for literally just playing the game. Did you want them to just put them in your mailbox? Would you then complain about the effort to open the mailbox and claim them?

Jul 31, 2022, 06:0507/31/22

Just literally playing game and burning out your energy and what a interesting story this event just starting before personal reward CvC. LOL  

Its an invite to dance to shop energy "FOR FREE". 

harleQuinnModerator
Aug 1, 2022, 00:0808/01/22
02/24/19

I mean, you're not required to get any of the end rewards, nor do anything much beyond what your daily energy amounts or regular farming would be.

When looked at from the perspective of "I'm going to have the game on at some point today, and now I get some extra stuff" the event looks pretty good.

That does not in any way mean I'm grinding out that Sacred or Chicken or even Book. (Might finish out the book though, undecided)

Aug 1, 2022, 00:3508/01/22
Aug 1, 2022, 00:36(edited)
04/24/22
harleQuinn

I mean, you're not required to get any of the end rewards, nor do anything much beyond what your daily energy amounts or regular farming would be.

When looked at from the perspective of "I'm going to have the game on at some point today, and now I get some extra stuff" the event looks pretty good.

That does not in any way mean I'm grinding out that Sacred or Chicken or even Book. (Might finish out the book though, undecided)

I went for the leggo book , now just saving the pts till near the end to use it on whatever else i can grab!

I didnt have to do much to get pts , was already doing 12-3 and grinding up food anyway , so the pts just piled in (earned EDIT: my math is bad , enough for leggo book and have 4k left and still pilling on! Just from 12-3..

Aug 1, 2022, 00:3608/01/22
06/25/20
Deleted

Just literally playing game and burning out your energy and what a interesting story this event just starting before personal reward CvC. LOL  

Its an invite to dance to shop energy "FOR FREE". 

Is it a way for Plarium to try to get people to spend money? Undoubtedly.

But so far I'm on track to get that lego book by doing nothing more than just spending the energy I get for free every day, alongside the stuff i get from events/tournaments/dth/etc.

Aug 1, 2022, 01:0208/01/22
06/20/19
Swiftblade

Just get prepared for fusion event during the hero's path. farming food gives a ton of points, you get experience AND artifacts at once. Get all those level 30's prepped up so you'll have less pressure during fusion. And if you dont have enough crap rares to feed into the 30's, prep a bunch of 20's also. So you can make them 3* chickens for your 30's. I know making them 3* gives hero points, but unless you're really aiming for the sacred shard, don't bother. Better to have them ready for upcoming Champ Training event so you can complete it real fast and focus on something else.

Dungeon grinding gives less points per energy than campaign does for Hero's Path. So there, you know what to do. And you'll likely get a lego book just for doing that.

Excellent observation. I didn't realize it until today but I am getting as many coins or almost as many in  campaign as I am from spider.  I have to run the numbers, but you're getting points for leveling champs and from the artifacts.

Aug 1, 2022, 01:4308/01/22
06/20/19
Trips

I was with you 100%, five months ago. Opening a sscred is like opening a lotto ticket. I could win $1 billion. Buts a book is a known. I can choose which champ to put it on. In that regard it's much more valuable than a sacred. Sacreds have unlimited potential. Books have (mostly) known results.

And I imagine it depends on where you are in your priorities.

But where I'm at, I can easily choose to spend 0, 20, or 40 leggo books each pr cvc (not my priority,but I seem to be collecting about 25+-/month).  Or I can save sacreds to have 7 (summoning), 10 (first Frags in Chase, and all in summon), or 15 (guaranteed champ).

I have a lot of legendariies I'd like to fully book.  But I do not need more champs (lol I need to put the ones I have to use). But to me it's really a collection game. I'd rather get the new champions.

Now let me try to restate this.   For 99% of the players if you can trade a sacred shard for a legendary book do so.  I've opened 100 sacreds just to get the 500 points needed to get a legendary book. (No 2x, no 10 x, just trade a sacred for a book.) but in the end you have to consider where you are in your priorites.  Sacreds seem to be a needed resource whereas books are something to strive for, but come along from one source or another.

Aug 1, 2022, 01:4608/01/22
04/24/22
Angwil

I was with you 100%, five months ago. Opening a sscred is like opening a lotto ticket. I could win $1 billion. Buts a book is a known. I can choose which champ to put it on. In that regard it's much more valuable than a sacred. Sacreds have unlimited potential. Books have (mostly) known results.

And I imagine it depends on where you are in your priorities.

But where I'm at, I can easily choose to spend 0, 20, or 40 leggo books each pr cvc (not my priority,but I seem to be collecting about 25+-/month).  Or I can save sacreds to have 7 (summoning), 10 (first Frags in Chase, and all in summon), or 15 (guaranteed champ).

I have a lot of legendariies I'd like to fully book.  But I do not need more champs (lol I need to put the ones I have to use). But to me it's really a collection game. I'd rather get the new champions.

Now let me try to restate this.   For 99% of the players if you can trade a sacred shard for a legendary book do so.  I've opened 100 sacreds just to get the 500 points needed to get a legendary book. (No 2x, no 10 x, just trade a sacred for a book.) but in the end you have to consider where you are in your priorites.  Sacreds seem to be a needed resource whereas books are something to strive for, but come along from one source or another.

Like you said it all depends , in my 1st month i would do anything for a sacred shard over a leggo book , because i didnt have any leggos to book :P But had like 7 leggo books stacked . Now other way around , id sac a sacred shard or 2 easy just for leggo and epic books ;P

But in the long run , i think leggo books is the main ressources you want , alongside epic books , gems and silver !

Aug 1, 2022, 02:0708/01/22
06/20/19
Lyryal

Like you said it all depends , in my 1st month i would do anything for a sacred shard over a leggo book , because i didnt have any leggos to book :P But had like 7 leggo books stacked . Now other way around , id sac a sacred shard or 2 easy just for leggo and epic books ;P

But in the long run , i think leggo books is the main ressources you want , alongside epic books , gems and silver !

I think I tend to agree with this. So long as you have a pool of sacreds to get the next fusion or garanteed leggo, books have greater value.

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 1, 2022, 03:0008/01/22
Aug 1, 2022, 03:00(edited)
12/30/20

3 months in: I can't get enough lego books

6 months in: I still can't get enough lego books

18 months in: I am never going to have enough lego books

I don't want to say Sacreds are overrated outside of points in a fusion, but relative to the book...

Aug 1, 2022, 03:3408/01/22
04/24/22
dthorne04

3 months in: I can't get enough lego books

6 months in: I still can't get enough lego books

18 months in: I am never going to have enough lego books

I don't want to say Sacreds are overrated outside of points in a fusion, but relative to the book...

on day 97 and this cant be more true ... even further id rather get my good leggo booked over a sacred shard ;) even if its helps on fusions !

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 1, 2022, 03:3608/01/22
12/30/20
harleQuinn

Also this, right here is it. Most of us already do a good chunk of passive points and if you've got the resources and the inclination to do so, something like the lego book isn't that difficult to go after. 

Some of that difficulty will of course depend on how squeezed you're feeling after the recent Sacred events and the fusion coming up, but that's part of the resource management game we all play. 

dthorne04Moderator
Aug 1, 2022, 03:3708/01/22
12/30/20
Lyryal

on day 97 and this cant be more true ... even further id rather get my good leggo booked over a sacred shard ;) even if its helps on fusions !

There are just specific legos - such as say, Helicath - that are going to enable so much and change the way you're able to approach key content in the game. Those really start to illustrate the real value of lego books, I think.