All Categories

New Login Champ, is she good?

Search
harleQuinnModerator
Jul 26, 2022, 20:4807/26/22
02/24/19

Hey regular forum folks.... what do we think of the new login champ?

i

I am not interested in debating login rewards even in the slightest, I am asking only in whether or not we think Arix is good, and how someone would use her.

Is she meant to let your team survive in arena AFTER you fail at nuking the enemy team? Her A3 would seem to indicate that, and her TM fill only triggers once you start hitting the enemy. So it seems her A3 is built to protect your team, which means go second, but it only triggers if you go first?

I feel like some of her abilities don't play well with each other? What am I missing?

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 26, 2022, 21:4307/26/22
02/13/21

I probably need to think about it some more but at first glance she doesn't look great.  I assume the A2 stun goes to 75%, which is subpar compared to a number of other champions that already have 100% Stun.  This includes Ragash, which not only has 100% stun, but also 100% decrease defense before attacking, all in the same skill

I've also never really been a fan of debuff transfers.  I find that a better strategy is avoiding getting debuffs entirely, such as with resistance or block debuffs.  This makes this portion of the skill non-existent for me

The other big question is how far the cooldown will drop for the Ally protect skill, to determine how viable it is with CB.  If it's too long it removes this champion entirely from the pool.  The passive also doesn't excite me yet, but still need to ponder it further

I do like AoE A1's though

Jul 26, 2022, 23:0207/26/22
07/08/19

right off the bat, my reaction is "another knight revenant?"

moving past that, it's a bit hard to say without seeing her base stats and what tomes will do. i'd call her decent overall, but terrible as a login reward since players will have a two year collection by the time they get her.

as to how i would use her, stick her in a taunting set, take fearsome presence, and she now has a 35% chance of placing a provoke debuff on all AoE attacks and a counterattack buff to keep providing attitional chances to trigger that. could be quite useful in pve (which is why she fails as a login champ. anyone 2 years into the game will already have a multitude of options already built if they need cc at all). her skills do seem a bit of a mismatch where pvp is concerned, but i could see the same setup being extremely useful against a go second team you need to grind down rather than nuke.

Jul 27, 2022, 00:0507/27/22
10/11/20

I would grade her as *OK overall, the asterisk meaning it's conditional. Frankly, the best part of her kit is A1. She can be used in Hydra if you're really struggling to find champs for Beta and Gamma teams, but definitely not the best. A2 is useless because you can't stun the heads. 

In DT hard is where I believe she would be the most useful, provided you lack fast clear champions like Seer and you have to grind the ads slowly to kill them. 

In the Arenas, with the current meta, the only way I see her viable is with full Stoneskin. She could impede the buffing of enemy team in a long and grindy battle once she takes a turn and puts CA on. 

Overall, average to bellow average. 

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 27, 2022, 00:1307/27/22
Jul 27, 2022, 00:18(edited)
02/24/19

So it is 25 months to collect her. Does when we get her in the game change her evaluation at all? 

9 months to get through to Visix
13 months to get Cleo
15 months to get Psion, Epic #1
19 months to get Bogbrew
21 months to get Eresh, Epic #2
25 months to get Arix, the new Knight Rev

At 25 months, most should have AT LEAST Drex, Akoth, Hellmut and Thea from Doom Tower too. Likely has Lydia and Rhazin for a bit.

A criticism I hear on Cleopterix is that by the time you pull her at 13+ months, you don't need her anymore. Is Arix anywhere near Cleo after her buff?

Jul 27, 2022, 05:5007/27/22
09/14/20

Hmm, the only thing I like about Arix is the possible combination of her Counterattack with the A1.

Her passive seems very wierd....she gains TM if other allies go first...and she heals a very minor amount of HP if anyone gets a crit....let's say she (alone) gets 20% of her HP if someone like Trunda crits the team...so let's assume she has 100k so she gets 20k back from a crit from Trunda...well that is close to nothing if comparing this with the damage most nukers can deal....and it is only her who gets the HP back...

Overall, after two years and considering the other champions I have....she will never get to read a book or be used somewhere....

Jul 27, 2022, 05:5607/27/22
05/03/20
harleQuinn

So it is 25 months to collect her. Does when we get her in the game change her evaluation at all? 

13 months to get Cleo
19 months to get Bogbrew

At 25 months, most should have AT LEAST Drex, Akoth, Hellmut and Thea from Doom Tower too. Likely has Lydia and Rhazin for a bit.

A criticism I hear on Cleopterix is that by the time you pull her at 13+ months, you don't need her anymore. Is Arix anywhere near Cleo after her buff?

I thought she was supposed to replace Eresh.  

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 27, 2022, 10:0207/27/22
02/24/19
ClosedPoly

I thought she was supposed to replace Eresh.  

Nope. She follows Eresh, doesn't replace her.

Jul 27, 2022, 14:2307/27/22
10/15/20

She isnt awful but these login champs are all pointless since by the time a player gets to that point they will have far better champs than the mediocre login champs being offered

Jul 27, 2022, 21:0607/27/22
05/03/20
trevor.wilson

She isnt awful but these login champs are all pointless since by the time a player gets to that point they will have far better champs than the mediocre login champs being offered

Whatever they are willing to give me for free, I am willing to take.  I understand what you say but at least they offer us something.  

Jul 27, 2022, 22:5607/27/22
09/14/20
ClosedPoly

Whatever they are willing to give me for free, I am willing to take.  I understand what you say but at least they offer us something.  

For this champion they took 4 sacred shards and 4 5* chicken from you. I would prefer to take those insterad of Arix

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 27, 2022, 23:3707/27/22
02/24/19
Matrim

For this champion they took 4 sacred shards and 4 5* chicken from you. I would prefer to take those insterad of Arix

Back in my day, we walked two miles to the top of the hill to get cell service just to log in to Raid!

And we didn't get ANY login rewards, NONE, and gosh darn it we LIKED IT.

i

Jul 27, 2022, 23:4807/27/22
10/11/20
harleQuinn

Back in my day, we walked two miles to the top of the hill to get cell service just to log in to Raid!

i

I read about that in History of Raid class. You guys had like 5 champions, Kael was the best nuker in the game, and half the champs still walked on all four. Wish I started back then... 😉

Jul 28, 2022, 01:5807/28/22
05/03/20
harleQuinn

i

Be careful what you say.  We might figure out you were born before 2000.  

Jul 28, 2022, 08:2107/28/22
10/15/20
ClosedPoly

I know harlequin wants to discuss the champ so will only respond once :)

It is because by the time you reach these points you are late game and 99% of champs are worthless to you, and will just sit in the vault.

The point at which you are in the game makes a big difference, i pulled a couple of shards because i have no willpower during the recent event and got kalvalax and royal huntsman on my second shard.

If i had been early game i would have been really excited, but as im past mid game they just went straight into the vault.

And yes i know when i was a lad you got no rewards, had to put a dime in your phone to login, had 10 energy and had 1 arena key a week etc etc 

Jul 28, 2022, 09:4507/28/22
09/14/20
harleQuinn

i

lol..nice one..;-)

Jul 28, 2022, 10:2907/28/22
Jul 28, 2022, 10:38(edited)
02/13/21
harleQuinn

13 months to get Cleo
19 months to get Bogbrew

I think it does have a massive impact to the value of the champion.  If this was a new champion added to the random pulls then that is fine, as someone might get them early and see some real benefit to their account.  Once you start talking about waiting 25 months to get the champion, then it becomes less attractive.  By then you have gotten heaps of champions that it is unlikely these will change your account

I really think Plarium needs to revisit the whole login champion situation, because tagging new champions at the end of the cycle doesn't help.  It doesn't help older players, as the longer it goes, the less likely the player needs a new champion.  Essentially these 2 days of rewards become useless, with the only real benefit being free points for a champion chase.  It doesn't help newer players, because the reality is that they will never see that new champion for a couple of years.  No-one wins.

One solution to the login champions would be to again consider generic fragments.  Plarium should take all the login champions that have ever been released and pop them into a new section in the summon portal.  Then, each month they give XX generic fragments to the player, and once they get enough they can select which champion they want.  If someone wants Cleo, they can select it, or perhaps they will jump straight to Arix.  Epics would cost less fragments than legendaries, but once you summon a champion it gets removed from the pool and the player saves up again for the next one.

It would allow for more flexibility with champion selection, and allow someone to pick a champion that their account desperately needs.  It still won't help the "old" player that is caught up on login champions and only really has 1 each time to collect, but I think it would be a dramatic improvement to new players who see this great new legendary get released, but realize that they'll never see it for years

The solution for older players is to simply release a batch of new login champions at once with the above system.  Plarium released 4 odd new legendaries recently, and all 4 of them could have been login champions.  Now players would have a choice

Jul 28, 2022, 12:2407/28/22
09/14/20
RoseRoyal

I think it does have a massive impact to the value of the champion.  If this was a new champion added to the random pulls then that is fine, as someone might get them early and see some real benefit to their account.  Once you start talking about waiting 25 months to get the champion, then it becomes less attractive.  By then you have gotten heaps of champions that it is unlikely these will change your account

I really think Plarium needs to revisit the whole login champion situation, because tagging new champions at the end of the cycle doesn't help.  It doesn't help older players, as the longer it goes, the less likely the player needs a new champion.  Essentially these 2 days of rewards become useless, with the only real benefit being free points for a champion chase.  It doesn't help newer players, because the reality is that they will never see that new champion for a couple of years.  No-one wins.

One solution to the login champions would be to again consider generic fragments.  Plarium should take all the login champions that have ever been released and pop them into a new section in the summon portal.  Then, each month they give XX generic fragments to the player, and once they get enough they can select which champion they want.  If someone wants Cleo, they can select it, or perhaps they will jump straight to Arix.  Epics would cost less fragments than legendaries, but once you summon a champion it gets removed from the pool and the player saves up again for the next one.

It would allow for more flexibility with champion selection, and allow someone to pick a champion that their account desperately needs.  It still won't help the "old" player that is caught up on login champions and only really has 1 each time to collect, but I think it would be a dramatic improvement to new players who see this great new legendary get released, but realize that they'll never see it for years

The solution for older players is to simply release a batch of new login champions at once with the above system.  Plarium released 4 odd new legendaries recently, and all 4 of them could have been login champions.  Now players would have a choice

I like the idea of the general fragments. 

But I think that the frustration will stil be the same if you know that you are restricted to those champions, as none of them is really what you need after playing for a year and more. 

Granted, it will give the players more choice...but it would be only a choice of which useless champion you are pulling next. 

I am stil a fan of the sacred shards and the 5*-chicken but it does seem unrealistic that Plarium will reinstall these old rewards.

Perhaps the general fragments could be replaced by life tokens and the section where you can excahnge life tokens will be updated on a frequent base...

Jul 28, 2022, 13:1407/28/22
10/15/20

Thing is- the game has dimishing rewards generally as you play longer, not just with login champs but everything- you are more likely to do over a thousand dragon 25 runs and get nothing for it, less likely to push up ranks in tag, and generally have less things to aim for since by the time you are getting these champs you will have done faction wars, DT hard etc.

I think hydra was supposed to address that, but it has fallen a bit flat.

Jul 28, 2022, 17:0207/28/22
12/29/19

Well ill say she will be great for a new or mid game player) Me im over end game so for me vault lol.Now i will say this last 2 was great champs this mithrala i love that champ she is good every where )but who knows for sure i wont throw away they do buff champs from time to time XD

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 29, 2022, 07:2007/29/22
Jul 29, 2022, 07:23(edited)
02/24/19
ClosedPoly

Be careful what you say.  We might figure out you were born before 2000.  

I was in fact born before 2000. I was still quite young then though. lol