All Categories

Hydra Advanced quest

Hydra Advanced quest

Search
Jul 1, 2022, 18:4207/01/22
05/18/20

Hydra Advanced quest

Thank you, Raid, for forcing me to do the stupid hydra within a 24 hour period to complete advanced quests. I apologize for having a job that interferes with completing your god-awful hydra quest. Did I mention awful RNG? 

i

Views
Comments
Comments
Jul 1, 2022, 18:5907/01/22
12/19/19

I would sacrifice the 130 energy for 2 hydra chests, but if you think that is sticking it to Plarium... more power to ya... 😆 

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 1, 2022, 20:4507/01/22
12/30/20

I definitely understand not liking the quest and we've passed that on...but couldn't you just try and throw a random team at normal since you're level 100, unless you've already one keyed it for the week?

Jul 2, 2022, 13:5107/02/22
05/18/20

already 1 keyed for the week. I got the stupid quest twice.

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 3, 2022, 02:2507/03/22
02/24/19
matsumats

already 1 keyed for the week. I got the stupid quest twice.

Sorry. This one can be tough on all of us.  :( :(

Right now, I find myself ignoring it if I don't have the time and giving up the advanced quest energy refill. More important for chances at decent Stoneskin I've decided.

Jul 3, 2022, 03:1807/03/22
04/24/22

they really need to move this quest from advanced daily to a monthly one with better rewards ...wouldnt that fix the issue ?

Jul 3, 2022, 12:1607/03/22
10/11/20
Lyryal

they really need to move this quest from advanced daily to a monthly one with better rewards ...wouldnt that fix the issue ?

It would make the most sense, as has already been mentioned here, to move it to a weekly quest, but change it to something like "Use 3 Hydra keys". The Hydra is on a weekly rotation too, so if you're interested in playing it, you would do it three times a week anyway. If not, well, start a battle, end it and waste a key, this still counts as you having used it. Problem solved.

It's really too bad they decided to go the route of effectively forcing you to play it, and not only that, to play it when it doesn't suit you. That goes completely against the initial concept of "you decide when you're gonna play it" during the week. The nerf was a breath of fresh air for a lot of players, I noticed more people in my clan participating, and I myself begun enjoying it more - and then they came up with this.

i

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 4, 2022, 00:0607/04/22
02/24/19
Lyryal

It might yes. This is a suggestion we have passed along. :)

Jul 18, 2022, 04:5507/18/22
08/05/19

This stupid quest has greatly CUT DOWN on our clan's participation in Hydra!  Not knowing when this stupid daily will pop up, no one wants to use their keys day 1.  Then you wait it out.  With frag events going on, everyone tends to forget about the odd timing of the hydra, and before you know it, half the clan has forgotten to do their hydra runs.  Basically, if you do your Hydra runs up front like we used to, then you will lose your daily quest when this stupid quest pops up.  If you wait it out, you are highly likely to forget all about it and you lose out on the hydra chests.  It's a lose-lose situation.  Thanks....

harleQuinnModerator
Jul 18, 2022, 05:2907/18/22
02/24/19
dankovci

This stupid quest has greatly CUT DOWN on our clan's participation in Hydra!  Not knowing when this stupid daily will pop up, no one wants to use their keys day 1.  Then you wait it out.  With frag events going on, everyone tends to forget about the odd timing of the hydra, and before you know it, half the clan has forgotten to do their hydra runs.  Basically, if you do your Hydra runs up front like we used to, then you will lose your daily quest when this stupid quest pops up.  If you wait it out, you are highly likely to forget all about it and you lose out on the hydra chests.  It's a lose-lose situation.  Thanks....

While I am not a big fan of this quest either, I would like to point out that if you do not have a Hydra key remaining, the game won't give you this quest.

So you can use all your Hydra keys day 1 and you will NOT see this advanced quest until your keys reset.

Jul 18, 2022, 05:4107/18/22
Jul 18, 2022, 05:42(edited)
08/05/19

Thanks harle!  That tidbit of information helps greatly.  No one in our clan new that.  I'll spread the word.

Jul 18, 2022, 07:3307/18/22
02/28/22

It's still only there because very few folk want to do their stupid Hydra so this is their stick to stand over us and proclaim 'you will participate'

Jul 18, 2022, 14:0407/18/22
Jul 18, 2022, 14:06(edited)
06/20/19

I  have  to  be  a  contrarian  here.    When  hydra  first  opened  i  played  the  first  2  cycles  and  didn't  touch  it  after  that.    When  this  quest  started  i  just  through  together  my  favorite  champs  without  even  thinking  about  it  and  i've  been  easily  1  keying  normal.    I've  gone  from  2  mythrala  frags  to  over  30  and  have  picked  up  several  good  mythical  pieces  since  then,  incliding  mythical  stoneakin  speed  boots  with  almost  all  good  stats.    

Thanks  Plarium  for  encouraging  me  to  work  toward  a  very  respectable  legendary.    It's  only  a  matter  of  time.

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 18, 2022, 18:5307/18/22
12/30/20
Angwil

I  have  to  be  a  contrarian  here.    When  hydra  first  opened  i  played  the  first  2  cycles  and  didn't  touch  it  after  that.    When  this  quest  started  i  just  through  together  my  favorite  champs  without  even  thinking  about  it  and  i've  been  easily  1  keying  normal.    I've  gone  from  2  mythrala  frags  to  over  30  and  have  picked  up  several  good  mythical  pieces  since  then,  incliding  mythical  stoneakin  speed  boots  with  almost  all  good  stats.    

Thanks  Plarium  for  encouraging  me  to  work  toward  a  very  respectable  legendary.    It's  only  a  matter  of  time.

Hydra still is a PITA sometimes (ok often) but Mithrala is well, well worth the effort. Plus she makes Hydra easier after obtaining her. :P

Jul 18, 2022, 20:5707/18/22
09/14/20

Mithrala is a very good champion and well worth the efforts. 

After obtaining Mithrala, there is a serious drop in the rewards you get...

Jul 26, 2022, 13:0007/26/22
10/15/20

Mithrala is good, i have been using her as a 'bore the opposition till they quit' champ in a stall style tag arena team and as part of my seer team on DT hard

But if plarium have to force people to do hydra, maybe they should ask themselves why people do not want to do it.

Many in our clan just auto run with rares to get it out the way

Personally i auto run them, but use proper teams.

Jul 26, 2022, 14:5007/26/22
11/16/20

Here is some feedback from close to two years of playing with never missing a daily quest, advanced quest, fragment summon, or fusion, player.

I have not logged in for almost over a month now, originally I was planning on taking a couple weeks off but as more time passes I realized it's time to move on for now.

Hydra in general but with the advanced quest addition (could 1 key hard/normal np) and clan vs clan, just burnt me out finally. Take it for what it's worth but these two things suck the fun out of a otherwise great game, for me at least.  

Jul 27, 2022, 08:5507/27/22
10/15/20
evilized6666

Here is some feedback from close to two years of playing with never missing a daily quest, advanced quest, fragment summon, or fusion, player.

I have not logged in for almost over a month now, originally I was planning on taking a couple weeks off but as more time passes I realized it's time to move on for now.

Hydra in general but with the advanced quest addition (could 1 key hard/normal np) and clan vs clan, just burnt me out finally. Take it for what it's worth but these two things suck the fun out of a otherwise great game, for me at least.  

My clan has had a lot of leavers lately, so it isnt unique.

Personally hydra is the biggest pain in the game for me (i just play normally during cvc)

But i just got my hydra chests (useless gear - why do we get 5 star gear from hydra chests anyway)

And now i just do not want to run hydra.

Even though i auto it sometimes goes wrong early forcing me to restart. Its an unrewarding mode once you have mithrala and its not fun.

Jul 27, 2022, 09:1007/27/22
02/11/22

Personally i dont mind this quest. Right now, my best score ever for my top6 was not even 1m. In other words, with 3 keys, i cant even reach the first chest. So what's nice you'll ask? Well, knowing that i suck, i choose to complete the quest in 2 seconds by sending in 6 crap champs. Quest completed, thank you LOL

On a side note though, i read above there's been some kind of nerf? Well.... I don't see it. Hydra is still a waste of time for early to early mid-game (I guess i must fall somewhere in between). I can 2-key nightmare CB, but Hydra? i just cant figure that sh... Most of the damage i do comes in 1st round then its game over

Jul 27, 2022, 14:5007/27/22
12/19/19
Swiftblade

Personally i dont mind this quest. Right now, my best score ever for my top6 was not even 1m. In other words, with 3 keys, i cant even reach the first chest. So what's nice you'll ask? Well, knowing that i suck, i choose to complete the quest in 2 seconds by sending in 6 crap champs. Quest completed, thank you LOL

On a side note though, i read above there's been some kind of nerf? Well.... I don't see it. Hydra is still a waste of time for early to early mid-game (I guess i must fall somewhere in between). I can 2-key nightmare CB, but Hydra? i just cant figure that sh... Most of the damage i do comes in 1st round then its game over

With a small amount of effort i guarantee u can get a chest on easy hydra.  Seems crazy not to do that at least.

Free void lego?

dthorne04Moderator
Jul 27, 2022, 19:3107/27/22
12/30/20
Trips

With a small amount of effort i guarantee u can get a chest on easy hydra.  Seems crazy not to do that at least.

Free void lego?

Not just a free void lego, an insanely strong one that can be used almost everywhere 

Even managed to slot her in a few Hard Doom Tower teams this rotation just to stay full auto 😂