All Categories

Sandlashed Survivor Passive.

Sandlashed Survivor Passive.

Search
Comments
Jun 3, 2022, 02:3506/03/22
06/25/20
Spangmastaflex

Yeah it is generally not optimal to run two similar champions, but I wanted to try a "sandpit" style setup, where Sandlashed throws up ally protect, build her really slow, then build MM in stone skin to use his A2. Oh and his passive puts fear when  im attacked after the ally protect goes up. And nekhret already with a third ally protect before anything happens in the match.

Do you think im bottlenecking myself with having that much dmg transfer at once?

Short answer? Yes.

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 3, 2022, 03:1206/03/22
02/24/19

Yes, just drop her in a shield set with lots of HP and let her protect your team.

Jun 4, 2022, 22:0506/04/22
06/30/21

Hey since i am building a Sandlashed for a go 2nd TAG TEAM too should i pick selfless defender and / or bulwark or not? It might just overload her damage and kill her?

Havent decided yet on which set yet either. HP Ally Shield is a good one or maybe Stalwart.

I d love a stoneskin but i just dont have enough decent gear there yet. Same for Helior who should also feature in the team along with Mortu and Melga.

Jun 5, 2022, 00:2006/05/22
Jun 5, 2022, 00:22(edited)
06/30/21
MasterKroket

Hey since i am building a Sandlashed for a go 2nd TAG TEAM too should i pick selfless defender and / or bulwark or not? It might just overload her damage and kill her?

Havent decided yet on which set yet either. HP Ally Shield is a good one or maybe Stalwart.

I d love a stoneskin but i just dont have enough decent gear there yet. Same for Helior who should also feature in the team along with Mortu and Melga.

You say you're building her for a 

3V3 arena team? I'd say as long as you build her tanky then youve already got great team protection. If you plan on using a slower team, then a stoneskin set might not be the best choice. She already puts a block damage on herself, and the Ally protect. Will proc even if shes locked down. Of course, unless you get attacked by a high ACC Ramantu,then this could become a problem. You said you don't have enough decent stoneskin gear, too, which leads me to believe you have poor stoneskin gear. ( trust me, I dont have 1 good piece out of maybe 40) so is two turns of protection then having crap stats and most likely will die  worth trading off your nicest 6 piece combo with stats as high as you can get where she will probably be alive/ alongwith an ally or two?

Those masteries you indicated are nice, but 5% damage transfer or 20% from a single ally attack is really a trivial amount so it shouldnt kill her lol. when used on a tanky champ. Depends where your account is i suppose, to me, a tanky champion meant to never die has over 80K HP and atleast 4K DEF and around 5-700 RES. Atleast for arenas.

Id go with Unshakeable here, much easier to acquire high res along with focusing on HP and def especially if youre using RES sets, or better yet, forge sets that also increase DEF by 10%.

Jun 5, 2022, 20:1406/05/22
06/30/21

Those numbers arent really realistic for me esp the high res i d say. HP / Def should be possible.

I dont really NEED the RES on her though do i with this comp? Her main task is the ally protect? Unless you are up against some weird team that does a hit THEN a strip then a hit again it should be fine? ATM Sandlashed is still at 50 and trashgear. She is due to be build right after Tatura (for Bommal...) prob during Training during fusion.

Her main job is her passive? I built Helior in Immunity. RES should be able to get to 400+ which is decent for me. Would you advice swapping out a def% chest for a RES chest? I could get to 500 then... He is at 5009 def now.  Mortu is one point behind Helior so he should hopefully proc peril quite a bit and be free to move when Helior uses his send debuffs to the other team move. Sandlashed is to be the tank i would say yeah i might not even bother with speed boots (?) just build her as tanky as possible. Either her or Melga in HP Ally Shield the other in something random with good stats. Sadly dont have like a Rector Drath / Godseeker instead of Melga here or anything...

I got one great piece of Stoneskin lol but thats not enough to build a set of 4... Not worth it atm. I d love Helior in stoneskin too but i am not ready for that.

The main job is this 3v3 team is to make my team less attractive to attack as my 3rd team at the moment is just trash and i am nearly at the silverI mission ( i might actually make it this week i am in green now ). Having a Mortu in there might give me some cheese wins too... He is in swift parry too.

Jun 6, 2022, 04:0606/06/22
Jun 6, 2022, 04:16(edited)
06/30/21
MasterKroket

Those numbers arent really realistic for me esp the high res i d say. HP / Def should be possible.

I dont really NEED the RES on her though do i with this comp? Her main task is the ally protect? Unless you are up against some weird team that does a hit THEN a strip then a hit again it should be fine? ATM Sandlashed is still at 50 and trashgear. She is due to be build right after Tatura (for Bommal...) prob during Training during fusion.

Her main job is her passive? I built Helior in Immunity. RES should be able to get to 400+ which is decent for me. Would you advice swapping out a def% chest for a RES chest? I could get to 500 then... He is at 5009 def now.  Mortu is one point behind Helior so he should hopefully proc peril quite a bit and be free to move when Helior uses his send debuffs to the other team move. Sandlashed is to be the tank i would say yeah i might not even bother with speed boots (?) just build her as tanky as possible. Either her or Melga in HP Ally Shield the other in something random with good stats. Sadly dont have like a Rector Drath / Godseeker instead of Melga here or anything...

I got one great piece of Stoneskin lol but thats not enough to build a set of 4... Not worth it atm. I d love Helior in stoneskin too but i am not ready for that.

The main job is this 3v3 team is to make my team less attractive to attack as my 3rd team at the moment is just trash and i am nearly at the silverI mission ( i might actually make it this week i am in green now ). Having a Mortu in there might give me some cheese wins too... He is in swift parry too.

You are correct, the Ally protect from Sandlashed will still proc, given an Ally's HP drops to 49% or lower, and not at zero, regardless of her RES. There are Block passive skills out there, but this is rare and really isnt that strong of a block to begin with. Come to think of it, I can only think of Ramantu that does this ? Pretty sure ive seen others with the ability also.

Yes HP and DEF should be priority, but its always best to grab some other stats as well with any champion build. Even if you only manage to find a few pieces with decent RES rolls youd still be able to acquire the sustainability youre looking for. Once youve done that, go for next stat which is pretty much always speed. With these three stats maxxed youre not going to have to worry about being CC'd so you can use her A2 to extend the Ally protect buffs, and also using her A1 to heal or provoke if you decide to do a hybrid build of ACC and RES.

I just recently finished a beautiful hybrid build for Miscreated monster, AKA Mr.Frankie, where I was able to get every stat pretty high considering my overall account progression and average champion stats. I would love to see how your Sandlashed turns out, when youre confident with it, as I have yet to start on mine.

So the speed boots and Chestplate  questions, this is really up to  , and without being able to review your inventory I really cannot give you advice here. I can tell you that you most definitely can build a tank with very high HP and DEF while using RES or ACC chestplates, and RES or ACC artifact sets. I generally use either RES or ACC chestplates for my "support" champs here. 

I would probably use HP boots in this case, ones with atleast a double roll in speed as a substat though. Something I have found very effective in this game and especially for arenas, is that regardless of how fast or slow your team is, having their Speeds slightly stagger from one another in respect to turn order, is key to winning more fights. For example, your fastest champ is 190 speed, then  following champs shouldnt be too much slower than your previous champion. So if you're going to build a slow team, make em tough, really really tough, and if you want a fast team or are using one or two of your fastest attainable speeds you can muster up champions, they probably wont be able to survive many enemy turns. so make sure they hit hard. Lol.

I pretty much build every new champion I get around identical speeds of all my others. Majority of my 6 star champs have speeds of ~ 200 or so. Since I am currently capped at the very lower thresholds of the 300 range with my best speed sets on my fastest champion, I do not worry about how fast my arena teams are because I just simply dont have the gear for it yet. Yet I still have speed boots on 90% of my champs.

When using anything other than speed boots, or HP/DEF/ATK chestplates, make sure the gear is the best you can find in that type, pretty much always going to be 6 star if you want any real benefit from the substat rolls, and you're looking for double, triple and while not probable most of the time, quad rolls in the stat that your replacing the gear for to begin with.

I can show you an example of this if youd like, of my best champion on my account hands down Stats wise atleast. :]

Also - congrats on current tag ranking. Hope you do make it to next tier, I think im in bronze III right now, lol. 

Jun 6, 2022, 11:2906/06/22
06/30/21

sorry for hi-jacking the thread as its more about my entire team now than just sandlashed.

Yeah i can see how having your entire team staggered in speed would be important.

My Helior is at 210. Mortu should be 209 so that is fine. With Sandlashed if i go full tanky i never will be able to get 200+ speed though. Not sure about Melga.

Well i actually DID make Silver I TAG. Probably helped by them sizing up the tiers... I figured i d get kicked out overnight but no... Now to stay in it before i can do the mission. Have to do some other stuff first so it will be some weeks before i am at that mission.

I always read concerning RES either go all over the top or dont get any at all. Like 150 RES wont do much against Arena teams that have decent ACC. So 50 or 150 or 250 doesnt matter if the enemy has 400+ ACC. Like even my Deacon is at 500ACC and should be 600 when fully done with masteries and glyping...

Its a shame there isnt like a RES + speed equivalent of Perception. Not sure which content creator said that a while ago but it would be nice... The Bommal / Scarab King sets arent exactly easiest to farm at least for me...

Jun 6, 2022, 17:1306/06/22
06/30/21

Yeah, and those are some nice sets too. At 200 speeds id say youre doing quite nicely with the builds. Most people build their strippers AKA Serris' well over 200 speed. Mine is 194 for this exact reason. So when its your turn, hopefully youll have some buffs up and can extend/decrease the rest :)