All Categories

Best 4th champ for go-second team

Search
Apr 25, 2022, 13:5804/25/22
06/25/20

For context - this is targeting G1 tag.

My plan right now is Wythir lead, Raglin, and Mortu for three of the spots. Trying to figure out who is the best person for that last spot.

Recommendations? I have pretty much all epics, and about half the lego champs, but I don't have most of the top-tier lego go-second champs (Duchess, Siphi, Kyoku, etc).

My current thoughts are:

• Vogoth (passive healing) - I don't love this option because I find more often than not, Vogoth useless. I've either already won the fight without his healing, or his healing doesn't help me win the fight.
  • Brogni (shield + healing) - I feel he'll end up being similar to Vogoth. Yeah I get a big shield, but if my team is still intact by his turn, I've probably already won anyway.
  • Brago (passive DEF up) - My current choice I think. The passive DEF up should make gearing far easier. The only problem with Brago is that, aside from the passive, he doesn't contribute much to the team. Since I have no buff strippers, it's almost a certainty that his debuffs will do nothing.
  • Scyl (passive healing, revive) - An extra reviver could be very useful. The big problem with Scyl is she's unbooked.
  • Elder Skarg (passive) - Unconventional for sure, but especially if this passive can activate passive effects, it could be very interesting as a slow grinding down effect with a destroy set.
  • Skytouched Shaman (passive) - Unlikely that she'd be better than Vogoth, but a clanmate built her out for his version of my team, and is having some success at lower tag ranks
Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 25, 2022, 14:0104/25/22
02/28/22

Can I ask what gear you put mortu in?  

Apr 25, 2022, 14:0404/25/22
Apr 25, 2022, 14:05(edited)
06/25/20
Ratted

Can I ask what gear you put mortu in?  

Might be a bit out of date, but should be close enough. I wouldn't call it perfect - would definitely love to have that DEF number closer to 3K, and obviously there's too much ATK for someone who doesn't use it. Shield set btw, in case it's hard to see. Currently running Vogoth in Curing set on the same team.

i

Apr 25, 2022, 14:3604/25/22
Apr 25, 2022, 14:43(edited)
12/19/19

Vogoth in shield set

Brogni is ok, but not sure if for that specific team.  

Scyl, would not use at all.

Elder I would build for Hydra

Brago I use on both accounts: Acct1 (Duchess, brago, Vogoth, sandlashed) Acct2 (Martyr, Tatura, Brago, Vogoth)

Neither team is as effective anymore as Blender/Speed nukes are going extinct and completely non-existent in Gold tag.  

Apr 25, 2022, 16:1904/25/22
12/19/19

Upon further review, are you building a go 2nd defense team? In which case my recommendations can be ignored as I only use on offense. And a cardinal team is probably a better choice against most teams I throw my C team against. I have just been too lazy to build cardinal. How close are you on Mith fragments?

Apr 25, 2022, 16:2704/25/22
06/25/20
Trips

Upon further review, are you building a go 2nd defense team? In which case my recommendations can be ignored as I only use on offense. And a cardinal team is probably a better choice against most teams I throw my C team against. I have just been too lazy to build cardinal. How close are you on Mith fragments?

Still a long way away. Mithrala will 100% be on that team when I get her. Teams are currently:

• Arb + Maulie + Lydia + Rotos/Bigun
  • Raglin + Vogoth + Mortu + Doompriest (this is the team being retooled as per this thread)
  • Skullcrown + Cardinal + Brakus + Rotos/Bigun 
  • Kymar + Kimi + Roric + Cruetraxa (or whichever affinity-based one I have if applicable)

On defense, I think I'd probably run teams 1, 2, and 4.

Apr 25, 2022, 16:3604/25/22
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Still a long way away. Mithrala will 100% be on that team when I get her. Teams are currently:

• Raglin + Vogoth + Mortu + Doompriest (this is the team being retooled as per this thread)
  • Kymar + Kimi + Roric + Cruetraxa (or whichever affinity-based one I have if applicable)

Mith slight improvement over doompriest 😆 

Apr 25, 2022, 17:2204/25/22
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

i

Elder unbooked does really well, one of very few legos that doesn't need books.  He is built for spider 20/25 and figured I would test on hydra...

Apr 25, 2022, 17:4204/25/22
06/25/20

Good to know. Especially the unbooked part. I guess the damage mainly comes from the A2 itself, plus the AOE HP burn?

Apr 25, 2022, 17:4904/25/22
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Good to know. Especially the unbooked part. I guess the damage mainly comes from the A2 itself, plus the AOE HP burn?

Guessing mostly the hp burn, as not built for attack. But tbh so much going on in hydra I wasn't really paying attention to specific damage. Was testing out RG for first time, and just threw that team together lol. Hence yoshi :)

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 26, 2022, 08:4804/26/22
02/24/19

Krama, I agree with your thoughts on Vogoth, who is the classic choice for such a team. 

But you've got Mortu in a shield set right now. I would want him in Stoneskin. Big priority there. You get TONS of peril hits that way. If you can't get that, in a Swift Parry build. After that, I would go purely for stats before shield. 

Vogoth can carry your shield set for you and sustain everyone else, but Wythir is already so bonkers. You have a Sandlashed hanging out somewhere?

Apr 26, 2022, 12:0904/26/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

Krama, I agree with your thoughts on Vogoth, who is the classic choice for such a team. 

But you've got Mortu in a shield set right now. I would want him in Stoneskin. Big priority there. You get TONS of peril hits that way. If you can't get that, in a Swift Parry build. After that, I would go purely for stats before shield. 

Vogoth can carry your shield set for you and sustain everyone else, but Wythir is already so bonkers. You have a Sandlashed hanging out somewhere?

RE: Stoneskin - I hate hydra with a passion. But I'm going back to working on it, so, eventually I'll get there. As for the Shield set - it's actually just pretty good stats overall. The shield part is just a bonus.

I do have Sandlashed. You think she'd do a better job on the team than Vogoth? I was thinking because I already have Wythir, Sandlashed might just be overkill.

Apr 26, 2022, 15:4704/26/22
10/11/20

@kramaswamy.kr You said your team is Raglin + Vogoth + Mortu + Doompriest. I hope this is not their actual order in the team, Vogoth should be in the last spot. Maybe that's why he's not healing enough. 

As for Brogni, since your Vogoth is already in a shield set, putting Brogni with him allows you to get the healing and reflect dmg before he gets a turn. 

Apr 26, 2022, 15:5604/26/22
06/25/20
Tyr Anasazi

@kramaswamy.kr You said your team is Raglin + Vogoth + Mortu + Doompriest. I hope this is not their actual order in the team, Vogoth should be in the last spot. Maybe that's why he's not healing enough. 

As for Brogni, since your Vogoth is already in a shield set, putting Brogni with him allows you to get the healing and reflect dmg before he gets a turn. 

Are you sure the order actually matters for Vogoth? I tested it a bunch, and was under the impression that, unlike Seeker, Vogoth heals only after the attack is finished, and therefore it won't matter where he is positionally.

Regarding Brogni - if I were to run both Brogni and Vogoth, I'd need to drop Raglin, since my team has been retooled to use Wythir lead. I think that Raglin is a better fit than Brogni, but I am actually finding it quite difficult to keep her alive - since the other three are all HP-based, Raglin has the lowest HP, and becomes the primary target. She often dies first, which makes her completely useless as a consequence.

Eventually I'll get enough Stoneskin gear to equip her, but in the interim, perhaps it would be better to run Brogni in an HP set as well?

Apr 26, 2022, 16:0404/26/22
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Are you sure the order actually matters for Vogoth? I tested it a bunch, and was under the impression that, unlike Seeker, Vogoth heals only after the attack is finished, and therefore it won't matter where he is positionally.

Regarding Brogni - if I were to run both Brogni and Vogoth, I'd need to drop Raglin, since my team has been retooled to use Wythir lead. I think that Raglin is a better fit than Brogni, but I am actually finding it quite difficult to keep her alive - since the other three are all HP-based, Raglin has the lowest HP, and becomes the primary target. She often dies first, which makes her completely useless as a consequence.

Eventually I'll get enough Stoneskin gear to equip her, but in the interim, perhaps it would be better to run Brogni in an HP set as well?

Vogoth should be last. But Sandlashed may actually work better than vogoth in your team, also should be last if you switch.

Apr 26, 2022, 19:4204/26/22
10/11/20
kramaswamy.kr

I'm pretty sure Vogoths position does matter, even after they nerfed him, his heal often means the difference between being one-shoted or not. You probably noticed this when fighting against him. Plus people often run him in a Guardian set with Bullwark mastery, so it's very difficult to kill them with AoE.

If by HP set you meant Shield set, this might be a good idea for Brogni for Arena in general.

I agree with Trips on Sandlashed being a better choice though, she will do a better job at keeping your Raglin alive. My best go-second team also consist of Sandlashed at the last spot, cleanser/healer (Riho), second cleanser/reviver/healer (Raglin) and DPS (Candy). So, Withir + Raglin + Mortu + Sanslashed should work just as well.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 26, 2022, 22:2504/26/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

RE: Stoneskin - I hate hydra with a passion. But I'm going back to working on it, so, eventually I'll get there. As for the Shield set - it's actually just pretty good stats overall. The shield part is just a bonus.

I do have Sandlashed. You think she'd do a better job on the team than Vogoth? I was thinking because I already have Wythir, Sandlashed might just be overkill.

I do think Sandlashed is a better choice for the team, yes. Her ability to keep everyone alive on an initial nuke is top notch, better than Vogoth. You just need to get to Wythir's or Raglin's turn and you can pretty much sustain forever between those two, letting Mortu knock out enemies peril by peril. Sandlashed seems great in that scenario, and Vogoth's sustain seems less important then. Plus Sandlashed has the added edge-case benefit of reducing enemy buff durations and such, which I have found to come up here and there in my Go Second.

Apr 26, 2022, 22:4604/26/22
06/25/20

Well. That's three of you. Good enough for me. Guess I know who is next on my building list.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 26, 2022, 22:5104/26/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Well. That's three of you. Good enough for me. Guess I know who is next on my building list.

i

Nice! 

Mine carries my shield set for me on the Go Second. Can always stack two of them between Mortu and Sandlashed too!

Apr 27, 2022, 00:2404/27/22
06/25/20
harleQuinn

i

Nice! 

Mine carries my shield set for me on the Go Second. Can always stack two of them between Mortu and Sandlashed too!

Is there a reason to run two? I was under the impression only one counted?

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 27, 2022, 01:4404/27/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Is there a reason to run two? I was under the impression only one counted?

Shield sets stack. You can load up a Duchess, Sandlashed and Magnarr all with Shield Sets and get all three stacked up. :D