All Categories

Battle Pass - completely the wrong approach

Battle Pass - completely the wrong approach

Search
Comments
Apr 14, 2022, 22:3304/14/22
12/19/19
kramaswamy.kr

Note that I specifically did not include dungeons in my autocomplete list :)

Does plarium truly feel that an endgame player goal should be to get Clan Boss completed with one key in as fast a time as possible? That feels to me like somewhat of a silly objective - I've pretty much never heard of anyone aiming for that. I've definitely seen people try to get as much damage as possible - but not complete it as quickly as possible.

The same goes for faction wars. Since we only get a limited number of keys per day anyway, the objective is usually just to be able to have a team that can run on auto in a reasonable amount of time. I rarely ever see people saying "how can I get OG21 on auto in under a minute".

For dungeons, I specifically just referenced super raids, which Plarium themselves have already implemented. All I'm asking there is to enable super raids on all of the non-tournament dungeons, permanently. And to also add them to Minotaur and Potion Keeps.

I stopped trying to increase CB damage, and for brutal I do run a speed team for a quick 4 minute run lol.  Never bothered trying to 1 key unm lol.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 14, 2022, 22:3604/14/22
Apr 14, 2022, 22:37(edited)
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Note that I specifically did not include dungeons in my autocomplete list :)

Does plarium truly feel that an endgame player goal should be to get Clan Boss completed with one key in as fast a time as possible? That feels to me like somewhat of a silly objective - I've pretty much never heard of anyone aiming for that. I've definitely seen people try to get as much damage as possible - but not complete it as quickly as possible.

The same goes for faction wars. Since we only get a limited number of keys per day anyway, the objective is usually just to be able to have a team that can run on auto in a reasonable amount of time. I rarely ever see people saying "how can I get OG21 on auto in under a minute".

For dungeons, I specifically just referenced super raids, which Plarium themselves have already implemented. All I'm asking there is to enable super raids on all of the non-tournament dungeons, permanently. And to also add them to Minotaur and Potion Keeps.

Faction Wars I think have a chance, potentially, since there have never been any ways to get extra keys. Farming 21 was a thing when it granted all those extra points in CvC, and people were gearing teams for them, but reducing those points seems to have put FW in more of a "just complete" mode.

Clan Boss? One of the objectives for super endgame whales IS to get it done as quickly as possible, with super silly high damage teams, at least for several people on the mod team, and their clanmates. 

But....those guys are crazy. And they can't be a big enough percentage to really affect the bottom line if Plarium changed the CB to some faster auto-complete thing. I still do not see this happening, based on my convos with them though.

Super Raids on Potion Keeps and Mino, lets do that today. And in fact, it is something I have been asking for (in addition to having them enabled all the time). I think that they should be disabled during CvCs though. I have no idea how my clan competes against some of the big spending clans if they can just outspend us. The large majority of my clan is F2P, with the rest being low spend, and we've gotten our 19 wins by saving resources, grinding out points, keeping it close, then burst book dropping several hundred thousand in the last few minutes. Our losses are from the ones where we are 3mil down in hour 4. lol

(I think it is valid here to talk about CvC and personal rewards and spending wars in general too, perhaps I will start a new thread)

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 14, 2022, 22:3804/14/22
02/24/19
Trips

Can we get a x3 or x4 instead  :)

The devs say there is a performance issue on many systems (especially phones) that prevent this from happening and x3 and x4 just crashes the game. They say Superraids in general are the answer to getting a x4 analogue without breaking Raid.

Apr 15, 2022, 05:1804/15/22
06/20/19

LOL,  So  maybe  this  thread  should  have been called something different,  but it's called battle pass.  (Forge).    Are there any details on this? Are there any specifics?

My memory of the battle pass is that it was pretty much the best thing that ever happened to the game.  We got wurlim but also the god  like  stag  and  crap  tons  of  other  rewards.

there  was  a  f2p  tier,  a  pay  a  little  to  get  a  lot  more  tier,  and  a  pay  a  lot  to  get  it  all  immediatly  tier.    if  i  remember  it  was  around  $20  to  get  it  all  after  grinding,  and  $100  to  get  it  all  immediatly  w/o  grinding.

all I'm really asking for is details if anybody can  point  me  to  them?  Thanks!

Apr 15, 2022, 05:5404/15/22

I understand Krama, the gametime should be shortening. But your approach i think wrong, no matter, Battlepass or ForgePass is coming because all this features make longer the gameplay.

Ok, thats all right, the BattlePass should better anyone than ForgePass, thats more likeable, but for the gameplay time, irrevelant, just as i said before this features make longer the gameplay same.

But i aggreed with you , other sections need shortening, from CB to dungeon etc.

Apr 15, 2022, 18:3504/15/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

The devs say there is a performance issue on many systems (especially phones) that prevent this from happening and x3 and x4 just crashes the game. They say Superraids in general are the answer to getting a x4 analogue without breaking Raid.

Maybe a text only version would help performance :) Any other old farts like me actually played games that way before you were born, 😆.   Guessing plarium not keen on that lite of a version  :)

Apr 15, 2022, 19:0704/15/22
01/19/21

A Raid MUD?

Apr 15, 2022, 23:0304/15/22
03/30/21
Trips

Maybe a text only version would help performance :) Any other old farts like me actually played games that way before you were born, 😆.   Guessing plarium not keen on that lite of a version  :)

Ha, even now i can type 'cast fireball' much faster than i can type most things, i must have typed it a million times as a youngster playing muds.

Anyway there are some great ideas here, but i think there is one massive fundamental flaw.

I do not think plarium would want to reduce the time it takes to complete tasks, i imagine time spent in game is one of their top performance metrics. Plus, if you have spare time you might try other games and even spend some of your gaming budget on them.

Apr 15, 2022, 23:3004/15/22
12/19/19
BenHuyAmon

Ha, even now i can type 'cast fireball' much faster than i can type most things, i must have typed it a million times as a youngster playing muds.

Anyway there are some great ideas here, but i think there is one massive fundamental flaw.

I do not think plarium would want to reduce the time it takes to complete tasks, i imagine time spent in game is one of their top performance metrics. Plus, if you have spare time you might try other games and even spend some of your gaming budget on them.

Unfortunately this is the crux.  Took me 2 years to realize it, lol.  But yes, plarium wants you and your device fully allocated to them.  SoD = SoW