Tipping Point

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Apr 4, 2022, 12:3404/04/22
Apr 4, 2022, 12:35(edited)
02/24/19
ShadowShifta

Haha, My guess is the latter but I can see how it can be seen as the former.

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to do so on a new thread, I normally don't make use forums as I thought it to be very toxic but everyone here is awesome so far.

Yeah. It can get that way sometimes. But there's a nice core of very helpful people here.

I've picked up some great ideas myself. Especially ways to maximize fusions and tourney points and such.

Apr 4, 2022, 12:4004/04/22
Apr 4, 2022, 12:41(edited)
03/30/21

Against my better judgment i logged in again, and found i had somehow stayed in G4 till reset, but this reset is even worse! and the scoring is playing a part

This is my attack log 4 wins 18 points gained

i

My defence log? 4 losses- 48 points lost!

i

Apr 4, 2022, 12:5304/04/22
Apr 4, 2022, 13:31(edited)
02/14/21

This is what Palrium gets for adding stuff without really thinking it thru IMO.

Lets add a teir but reduce all the points people get from fighting.

So we have the diaster we have now and bots wont fix this.

If they really want to make the teirs easier as stated then they need to go back and just reduce the amount of points it takes for each teir say by 50 to 100 and then put those points for G5.

Example if they Reduced G3 by 100 points so to get out of G3 would be 2800 not 2900, this would make for smoother progresion if that was really their goal.

Next rebalance the points earned or lost back to the7-12 range it was, it is not my fault your system paired me up against someone your system says is much weaker than me but if I lose because of many RNG reasons ( a proc makes my crit turn into a feather tickle,my 2 buff strippers fail to strip SS, or the lower team has just had either more time, RNG luck and has better gear) I can lose up to 18 points now or gain as small as 0 as seen from screen shots.

Apr 4, 2022, 13:5604/04/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Yeah. It can get that way sometimes. But there's a nice core of very helpful people here.

I've picked up some great ideas myself. Especially ways to maximize fusions and tourney points and such.

Lots of nice people, just ignore the others like me and you will be fine  :)

Apr 4, 2022, 14:0204/04/22
02/14/21
Trips

Ignore Dragon 20+ for life? NEVER!😂

Apr 4, 2022, 14:0604/04/22
06/20/19
Trips

We try! lol /jk

dthorne04Moderator
Apr 4, 2022, 15:3704/04/22
12/30/20

For those who are on mobile or otherwise don't get a chance to see the pinned thread: link to upcoming arena changes.

Apr 4, 2022, 15:4704/04/22
Apr 4, 2022, 19:11(edited)
08/01/21

I did a little better this week than normal (I think I finshed with around 2150 points, about 100 more than normal), but I've been stuck in Gold I for months.  

It's annoying that this causes mission progress to stop and great hall progress to slow to a near-standstill.  Finishing missions is fun, Plarium!  You should not make it impossible for most people to do.

Apr 4, 2022, 22:2304/04/22
09/10/21

After talking to a few people and watching a lot of videos, here are some important suggestions for fixing classic arena.

1) Change how the quests interact once you hit Gold 1 quests.

2) No champions should ever be fully gated behind arena progress as a guarantee. Unlike faction wars, there are just a group of heavy spenders that the most cannot ever catch up to.

3) Great hall bars NEED to be awarded from general dungeons. Maybe stages 1-10 bronze, 11-19 silver, 20-25 gold.

4) This has been an issue you haven't put any substantial effort into for over a year, reasonable player compensation (not just the patch/update gift) should be awarded.

5) Rewards need to be revamped to match the current state of equipment.

6) Score rewards need to be adjusted so that no more than 3 wins are needed to counter 1 loss in Gold

7) Add bots back during any tiers that award along the quest trees

8) Any player not active in the arena for 2 resets in a row, either gets taken off until they return or gets a penalty applied until they return to weaken them. This penalty would be stacking for each subsequent week. Any player not logged in for a month must be either weakened or removed.

9) Listen to us faster, this has been a problem for far too long and could have been handled with steps each patch to finesse it before it became catastrophic for the game.

Address 3v3 arena. 

1) Allow 1 Ancient shard/day or 7/week to be purchased

2) Rotating shards for shard event heroes to allow people to finish them.

3) Do not gate those shards behind rank tiers.

4) Allow purchase of bars at 10:1 for bronze, 50:1 for silver, 100:1 for gold also for the great hall. 

I started playing around the JonTron spot in 2019, and then came back again early/mid last year. I've spent my share of too much money and this is just one area of the game we don't feel listened to on. Your pack pricing is getting worse, you don't let us track shards and hide that from us which makes us fear shard pulls aren't fully accurate rates, and established players feel forgotten when you keep releasing new player codes and don't give us any.

PS: I acknowledge that I don't know how sponsorships work (like Ninja) but people, especially new people, are begging for a way to get him again. We don't even need to have a duplicate if only every account had a way to get it. 

Apr 4, 2022, 22:4804/04/22
10/18/21

Some great input and recommendations there @OpalsandStuff , I just watched recently the one vid by Hell Hades making some or most of those mentions.

The one other thing that he suggested that I like very much is no penalty points wise for a loss in the arena, I must admit though that I have no clue as to the repercussions of such an implementation.

Apr 4, 2022, 23:0704/04/22
09/10/21

There has to be a loss penalty or people could stockpile tons of points and plat would just become a rush to X points in the first few days each time

Apr 4, 2022, 23:1904/04/22
10/18/21
OpalsandStuff

There has to be a loss penalty or people could stockpile tons of points and plat would just become a rush to X points in the first few days each time

Copy that, also I must add that I was paraphrasing there, I'm not going to watch the vid again but I recall hearing him say something down the lines of arena penalties, I think he mentioned something about doom tower or faction crypt, neither here nor, my one ear heard - Penalty points in arena and silver/gold keys in the other content and that was all I needed, sign me up...lol

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 5, 2022, 11:1204/05/22
02/24/19
ShadowShifta

Copy that, also I must add that I was paraphrasing there, I'm not going to watch the vid again but I recall hearing him say something down the lines of arena penalties, I think he mentioned something about doom tower or faction crypt, neither here nor, my one ear heard - Penalty points in arena and silver/gold keys in the other content and that was all I needed, sign me up...lol

You mind linking the video here for us?

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 5, 2022, 11:1304/05/22
02/24/19
OpalsandStuff

After talking to a few people and watching a lot of videos, here are some important suggestions for fixing classic arena.

1) Change how the quests interact once you hit Gold 1 quests.

2) No champions should ever be fully gated behind arena progress as a guarantee. Unlike faction wars, there are just a group of heavy spenders that the most cannot ever catch up to.

3) Great hall bars NEED to be awarded from general dungeons. Maybe stages 1-10 bronze, 11-19 silver, 20-25 gold.

4) This has been an issue you haven't put any substantial effort into for over a year, reasonable player compensation (not just the patch/update gift) should be awarded.

5) Rewards need to be revamped to match the current state of equipment.

6) Score rewards need to be adjusted so that no more than 3 wins are needed to counter 1 loss in Gold

7) Add bots back during any tiers that award along the quest trees

8) Any player not active in the arena for 2 resets in a row, either gets taken off until they return or gets a penalty applied until they return to weaken them. This penalty would be stacking for each subsequent week. Any player not logged in for a month must be either weakened or removed.

9) Listen to us faster, this has been a problem for far too long and could have been handled with steps each patch to finesse it before it became catastrophic for the game.

Address 3v3 arena. 

1) Allow 1 Ancient shard/day or 7/week to be purchased

2) Rotating shards for shard event heroes to allow people to finish them.

3) Do not gate those shards behind rank tiers.

4) Allow purchase of bars at 10:1 for bronze, 50:1 for silver, 100:1 for gold also for the great hall. 

I started playing around the JonTron spot in 2019, and then came back again early/mid last year. I've spent my share of too much money and this is just one area of the game we don't feel listened to on. Your pack pricing is getting worse, you don't let us track shards and hide that from us which makes us fear shard pulls aren't fully accurate rates, and established players feel forgotten when you keep releasing new player codes and don't give us any.

PS: I acknowledge that I don't know how sponsorships work (like Ninja) but people, especially new people, are begging for a way to get him again. We don't even need to have a duplicate if only every account had a way to get it. 

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass it on to the Plarium folks.

Apr 5, 2022, 11:1504/05/22
10/15/20
harleQuinn

I'm pretty sure they're talking about this video:

Apr 5, 2022, 11:2404/05/22
03/12/21
OpalsandStuff

Most of us don't give a rats ass about plat though, we are doing arena for the great hall, or arbiter missions (for those without her)

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 5, 2022, 11:4604/05/22
02/24/19
Skadi

I'm pretty sure they're talking about this video:

Ah. The one I linked in the other thread. XD

Thanks Skadi.

I am glad with the CC feedback and ours, we are at least seeing changes. We shall see how well they all work as they get implememted.

Apr 5, 2022, 20:3104/05/22
09/10/21
yellamokara

Most of us don't give a rats ass about plat though, we are doing arena for the great hall, or arbiter missions (for those without her)

I'm with you on that, plat is somewhere I'll never get. 

I know that the plat ranked players are the bulk of the big spenders and so their needs carry a level of different weight. It has tipped too far into their benefit though and is hurting the base of the game itself and without us, the whales won't have people to look down on or show off to.

This is something that I wish Plarium would hire someone to get feedback and collate and bring together with weekly responses to specific inputs and active more grassroots customer relations.

It's the kind of thing they could take someone on for as a starter for in-game currencies/packs while test the waters for introduction as a full employee. If they would help us feel heard and much more quickly on things, especially directly on things, it would help take it to the next level. 

Apr 6, 2022, 17:5104/06/22
10/18/21
harleQuinn

My apologies for the super late reply, I was busy with work.

@Skadi was correct as to the vid I was referring to, and yes I do believe it is the same as was linked in another thread.