All Categories

Tipping Point

Tipping Point

Search
Apr 4, 2022, 01:0504/04/22
10/18/21

Tipping Point

Getting worse and worse by the day and now I've had it with this unfair, rigged and downright mentally abusive content referred to as Arena.

Hopefully, an appeal can be made to not "fix" or "change" the so-called "broken" system but to instead provide an appreciated and acceptable level of joy, pleasure and entertainment that is paid for by naive customers or clients that expect as much, but no, instead we get the current none sensical account progression blocking arena that only has the allure of circumvention through monetary investment with huge amounts of capital.

This is not fun and borderline unethical in my humble and also insignificant opinion but I can guarantee it has indeed cost you another victim.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 4, 2022, 03:5204/04/22
02/11/21

I think there will be a hotfix real soon.  There's 4h left and not a single player in Plat.  My alt account is barely holding Gold 4 with a 346 Arbiter and a ton of other champs to pick for various situations.  So the Arbiter missions would be nearly impossible at the moment.

Apr 4, 2022, 06:0804/04/22
06/20/19

I don't know what's been going on in G4 and higher, but I've heard it's messed up.  This is the first week in a year and a half I haven't been in G4.  I was managing to barely hold on, but was not farming any medals and was concerned about getting the frags for the arena takedowns so earlier this week I removed my defense and hoped I'd drop fast enough to pick up some easy wins (say what you will).

It was amazing.  I was hit every 5 or 10 minutes for dropped 600 points in practically no time.  Usually when I drop defense it's a lot of hits, but not like that.  

Apr 4, 2022, 07:2204/04/22
10/18/21

Cheers @Qalam & @Angwil I sincerely hope that some major improvement happens a lot sooner than later, best I'm able to comfortably manage is G1 but lately, it takes far too much effort to win just one battle, one or two losses however then it's down to S4 where all teams are 10x my level. There isn't much variety amongst the enemy teams either, mostly copy-paste or a combination of very few select OP champs.

Overall it's stale, predictable and frustrating not to mention near impossible unless you are also doing copy-paste from a tiny little overpriced pool, or at least that's my feeling and partial take.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 4, 2022, 07:4504/04/22
Apr 4, 2022, 07:45(edited)
02/24/19

Hiya. I'm with ya. Arena is broken.

We had the other Arena is messed up megathread going for this whole week.  I've reported every bit of feedback on this to Plarium, as did many in the mod team, and they are currently investigating today. Hopefully we hear something soon. 

Apr 4, 2022, 07:5804/04/22
10/18/21

Thanks, @harleQuinn , I noticed the other thread after I made this one, in short, I was beside myself and proceeded to make use of the forum to "rage type" and vent, I'm never usually on forums. Managed the 80's no problem, 90's easy as pie, 2000's hardly noticed then came 2021 until present and Plarium has managed to make me feel as if I could run through a wall head first.

Apr 4, 2022, 08:1104/04/22
10/08/20

It's nice to see that Plarium is willing to "investigate" the issue after a week.

It's the "year of PVP" (pay value to plarium). Sucks to not be able to grab the Nari Shards from Arena. I am pretty sure, there will be the opportunity to buy those 5 Shards shortly after the event for an unhealthy amount of frustration currency.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 4, 2022, 08:2904/04/22
02/24/19
ShadowShifta

Thanks, @harleQuinn , I noticed the other thread after I made this one, in short, I was beside myself and proceeded to make use of the forum to "rage type" and vent, I'm never usually on forums. Managed the 80's no problem, 90's easy as pie, 2000's hardly noticed then came 2021 until present and Plarium has managed to make me feel as if I could run through a wall head first.

Hah! Hopefully it's just a minor rage incident. A week of crazy arena only.

I am with you guys 100% on this. I have been at the "LOOK INTO ARENA PLS" to Plarium since last week, reporting the posts from the other thread, my own 0 point arena victories, the problems with matchmaking, the videos from CCs, lots of numbers etc....

They have been working on it, but with their staff still scattered due to the war in their country, and their offices closed and shuttered, things take an extra day or three to look into. But we are chatting more today and they are working on it as I type this post. So I have hope we shall hear something soon.

Apr 4, 2022, 08:4504/04/22
10/18/21

lol @Igniz "We have investigated ourselves and found nothing wrong, in fact, whilst the think tank was assembled we were able to conclude that if the free refresh intervals of the arena were to be doubled it would ever so subtly nudge players into refreshing at the cost of gems. Implementation of our latest genius breakthrough in time-saving will be rolled out in conjunction with the next proverbial carrot we intend to dangle in the face of our loyal supporters"

Indeed minor due to a rough couple of days @harleQuinn but all banter and jokes aside, I'm delighted to hear the good news you bring as I commend any and all efforts made by Plarium in an attempt to accommodate our concerns. My prayers, support and thoughts go out to all who are currently affected by the current war.

Apr 4, 2022, 09:4004/04/22
harleQuinn

Hiya. I'm with ya. Arena is broken.

We had the other Arena is messed up megathread going for this whole week.  I've reported every bit of feedback on this to Plarium, as did many in the mod team, and they are currently investigating today. Hopefully we hear something soon. 

I hope they will fix the 3v3 too, because that nonsense 1m teampower teams at silver 2.

Apr 4, 2022, 09:5104/04/22
10/08/20
Deleted

I hope they will fix the 3v3 too, because that nonsense 1m teampower teams at silver 2.

That's frustraion by design. All Tag Team Gold Tiers combined can accomodate 8.750 players. All Silver Tiers combined house 45.000 players. I faintly recall some official boasting Raid would have over 1 Million logging in each day. That means you need o be in the top 5% to even reach Silver I Tag Team Arena.

Apr 4, 2022, 10:2404/04/22
02/28/22
Deleted

I think this needs it's own thread but I don't know if tag is broken, but it is almost a closed shop

Plarium reckon they have a million daily users, they probably don't but lets be generous and say 800,000

Tag Gold has a maximum of 8750 'slots' thats 1.4 % of the daily users, to get into Gold 1 (a mission) gold 1 has 3125 slots which works out at 0.4% of daily users

Tag silver has 45,000 which is 5.6% of daily users

This basically means that bronze accounts for 93% of daily users, luckily 93% of users aren't bothered with tag until it becomes a mission, and as more and more realise it needs to be done tag will get worse and worse

Apr 4, 2022, 10:3404/04/22
10/15/20
Angwil

I don't know what's been going on in G4 and higher, but I've heard it's messed up.  This is the first week in a year and a half I haven't been in G4.  I was managing to barely hold on, but was not farming any medals and was concerned about getting the frags for the arena takedowns so earlier this week I removed my defense and hoped I'd drop fast enough to pick up some easy wins (say what you will).

It was amazing.  I was hit every 5 or 10 minutes for dropped 600 points in practically no time.  Usually when I drop defense it's a lot of hits, but not like that.  

I did the same, lvl 1 defense to drop some arena tiers and farm "easy medals" in gold 2. That's how the speed race with a 330ish Arbiter looks in gold 2 actually:

i

Involuntary go 2nd 50% of the time. With 330 speed. In Gold 2!

Apr 4, 2022, 10:4204/04/22
10/15/20

That's a list of my Clan Members attacking UNM: 

i

You see player no. 2 in this list, "V"? He is 1-keying UNM. That doesn't say something about his arena team directly, but it shows that he knows what he is doing in Raid in general, otherwise you can't 1-key UNM Clan Boss.

That is his arena team and tier:

i

Apr 4, 2022, 10:5204/04/22

Nvm at G4 350k-400k teams appeared. I am just wondering how many newer players can reach Arbiter missions in present days. Could i bet for that, those numbers its zero.

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 4, 2022, 11:1204/04/22
02/24/19

Yeah. we sent in a great deal of similar screens in, Skadi.

Literally ZERO people finished in Plat. Very very very problematic. Very much.

Apr 4, 2022, 11:2904/04/22
10/18/21
Deleted

Nvm at G4 350k-400k teams appeared. I am just wondering how many newer players can reach Arbiter missions in present days. Could i bet for that, those numbers its zero.

I'm unable to get past G1...lol, in fact, I'm barely able to even get into G1 unless I spend an entire day devoted to nothing else. Granted I'm one of those mindless grinding away drone-type players, just to fill the empty spaces between important stuff like work or life. Arbiter will not happen for me in million years unless there were to be some major intervention and guidance, even then it still seems unlikely

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 4, 2022, 12:0204/04/22
02/24/19
ShadowShifta

I'm unable to get past G1...lol, in fact, I'm barely able to even get into G1 unless I spend an entire day devoted to nothing else. Granted I'm one of those mindless grinding away drone-type players, just to fill the empty spaces between important stuff like work or life. Arbiter will not happen for me in million years unless there were to be some major intervention and guidance, even then it still seems unlikely

Guidance is certainly available here, feel free to start a new thread with your roster, arena team and their builds. You can get a lot of suggestions here for how to improve.

I wouldn't think it is going to stay this broken for long, might as well get some suggestions and start now with whatever farming/changes might help you.

Apr 4, 2022, 12:1604/04/22
harleQuinn

Guidance is certainly available here, feel free to start a new thread with your roster, arena team and their builds. You can get a lot of suggestions here for how to improve.

I wouldn't think it is going to stay this broken for long, might as well get some suggestions and start now with whatever farming/changes might help you.

Its wise advice for your opponents "do this and you can kill me" LOL 

But do you know...

harleQuinnModerator
Apr 4, 2022, 12:2604/04/22
02/24/19
Deleted

Its wise advice for your opponents "do this and you can kill me" LOL 

But do you know...

What do you mean? Is this joke about how I, or others here, will go on a hunt for someone who posts on the forums for help in Arena?

Or is it a joke about how I am training my own opponents how to get to me and kill me? If so, I don't mind.... superwhales with their +3 Rotos/+2 Siphi can get me already XD XD XD

Apr 4, 2022, 12:3304/04/22
10/18/21
harleQuinn

What do you mean? Is this joke about how I, or others here, will go on a hunt for someone who posts on the forums for help in Arena?

Or is it a joke about how I am training my own opponents how to get to me and kill me? If so, I don't mind.... superwhales with their +3 Rotos/+2 Siphi can get me already XD XD XD

Haha, My guess is the latter but I can see how it can be seen as the former.

Thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to do so on a new thread, I normally don't make use forums as I thought it to be very toxic but everyone here is awesome so far.