All Categories

arena points

arena points

Search
Comments
Mar 28, 2022, 16:0903/28/22
06/20/19

The points have not changed since G5, so that is not really a solution.  

The only thing that has changed as far as I can tell is there is a wider range of opponents available.  So you can squeeze available opponents into a tighter group, i.e. have a refresh all be within say 50 or 100 arena points as you.  Or squeez them so that all opponents are within 10 areana points as you and it would always be +-10.  That would be one option.  

I can see how some players may prefer that.  But i disagree it would be an 'objectively' better system.  The way it is now I have opponents that I can score only 4 points on, and I'm more wary of them than I am off the opponents I can score 17 points on.  I fight more opponents at the top end of the scale than the lower.  Squeezing opponents areana point range back to earlier ranges would take away that adantage.  Squeeing them to +-10 would be silly.

As far as getting the same points, let me try this imagery; Imagine we are walking up a set of stairs and we are on the same step.  To proceed we must defeat an opponent.  I defeat an opponent 10 steps above us, and you defeat an opponent 10 steps below us.  Several people have stated it is unfair unless we both get to take the same number of steps up the stairs after our victories. I call BS on this.  That would be unfair as could be.

As far as the actual rewards, medals and forge materials, it's the same reward regardless.

What are the alternatives?  Player Power, Team Power, and Arena Points!  Are there any other?  I completely disagree that anyone should progress the same amount for defeating someone 10 steps below them as 10 steps above them.

Mar 28, 2022, 16:1903/28/22
06/20/19
Ratted

You play teams from your own tier, simple as that, some will be near the top some near the bottom some in the middle, and yes like any league you get the same points and play only the same division.  Thats fair because the better teams will end up at thre top and the not so good at the bottom.  All this 'I was in x tier now I can't be' is because of their 'matchmaking'

Do you think it's fair someone with a lot of points who puts up a 1 player defence who might have 300 points more than me gives me 17 points for a win where someone in my tier playing properly gives 3 points because they are lower than me?

Playing 'properly?'  Not sure what you mean by that.  To me playing properly means playing for whatever rewards you playing for.  Playing to win.  Playing for medals.  Is someone wants to sandbag I'm not going to try and regulate how 3 million players play anymore than I'm going to try and legislate morals.  Playing "fair" has a specific meaning in games.  It means playing by the rules.  If you know the rules, and you enter the contest, then it's a fair contest as long as everyone plays by the rules.  So if you see it's a one man defense, and you accept the contest, then yes by all means it's fair.   Realize that if you win 17 points, he's losing 17!  If you do not want to challenge someone sandbagging that is noble.   But it is hardly unfair to you are the other player if you both decide to enter the contest.  No one's being cheated.

Mar 28, 2022, 17:0903/28/22
02/28/22
Angwil

Playing 'properly?'  Not sure what you mean by that.  To me playing properly means playing for whatever rewards you playing for.  Playing to win.  Playing for medals.  Is someone wants to sandbag I'm not going to try and regulate how 3 million players play anymore than I'm going to try and legislate morals.  Playing "fair" has a specific meaning in games.  It means playing by the rules.  If you know the rules, and you enter the contest, then it's a fair contest as long as everyone plays by the rules.  So if you see it's a one man defense, and you accept the contest, then yes by all means it's fair.   Realize that if you win 17 points, he's losing 17!  If you do not want to challenge someone sandbagging that is noble.   But it is hardly unfair to you are the other player if you both decide to enter the contest.  No one's being cheated.

OK playing 'properly' may not be the best example, and if everyone was playing to progress or even stay in their current tier I think standard points for a win/lose is fair

The thing is they don't, players drop down tiers to play in arena tournaments getting easy wins because they put up 1 player defences, at some point that same player will offer a variety of points, 17 when it's higher than me, 7 or 8 a s it drops through the tier and 3 when it hits bottom, that's the sort of thing that makes a mockery of their matchmaking and points allocation

This isn't an end game issue, it does not impact on you, you pick and choose, we're talking about new/early gamers who do hit the wall far too quickly in the arena and get dispirited and leave