Arena matches

Search
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Mar 1, 2022, 13:1503/01/22
02/24/19
Deleted

"And you get to CHOOSE which of those opponents you fight"

And you dont get choose wich of those opponents you fight on defense. Other thing "will continue to run our 150K Arb + Maulie + Lydia + Rotos"

Mauli really nice person, would be nice meet always in arena with this krama team, should be nice a 100% winrate. But meeting with plat leader 350k teams its more dangerous.

Good morning Deleted, I hope you are having a good day. :)

Maulie certainly helps. Just got on the account and into Arena right now looking for a level 100, 350k power team and found a 341k one to hit.... Would have lost this one for SURE without Maulie. :)

i

Mar 1, 2022, 14:0303/01/22

Oh man you could pick up a team with hegemon and a more faster team? This is not a real risky fight. There is not Mauli the most important lego. I think you dont need it there with Big Un turn meter controll. I bet you if you go with other hero than Mauli thats could be enough too.

Mar 1, 2022, 14:3303/01/22

Should be try defense with your Mauli team again this setup when he attack you. Really you will have chance.

i

Mar 1, 2022, 14:3403/01/22
06/25/20

I don't get it. Does team power matter or not, Deleted? In one post you say that the team with the higher power has a big advantage, and then on the next you say "well, you have hero xyz, of course you'll win".

Is there simply something being lost in translation? It seems like your frustration is specifically with the fact that other teams that are much lower rated than you are still able to be paired up against you, and consequently, your arena defense log will contain many instances of losing large number of points.

If that's the case, I believe that Harle already mentioned a while back that this should be temporary, while the new Gold 5 tier fills itself out.

Mar 1, 2022, 14:3503/01/22
06/25/20
Deleted

Should be try defense with your Mauli team again this setup when he attack you. Really you will have chance.

i

You picked the worst possible team to fight against Maulie. Running Hegemon vs Maulie is basically just a coinflip at best, and at worst, if the Maulie has high resist, is just suicide.

Mar 1, 2022, 14:3903/01/22
02/28/22
harleQuinn

The tier is just a number though. Is a team with 2899 arena ranking all that different from a team with a 2900 arena ranking? Or 2910?

What number is an okay range, in your mind? How many arena points should a team be allowed to be away from you before it becomes "unfair"? If you are at 3499 in Gold 4 should you be matched with a 2900 player in Gold 4, or is it more appropriate for you to be matched with a 3501 Gold 5 player? In the former there is a 599 point difference but the two teams are both in G4. In the latter there is a two point difference but it is two different Tiers.

No matter what, you get a slate of 10 opponents, some below your Arena ranking, some above. And you get to CHOOSE which of those opponents you fight, and refresh at least every 15 minutes without spending.

You don't get to choose if your G1 team is being attacked by G2 teams though, and by definition they are better than mine because they have got to G2 and I haven't

Mar 1, 2022, 14:4403/01/22
06/25/20
Ratted

You don't get to choose if your G1 team is being attacked by G2 teams though, and by definition they are better than mine because they have got to G2 and I haven't

Actually, no, they are not by definition better than yours. There are a ton of reasons why they may be in G2 and you aren't. Here's a few:

• They spent more time grinding in arena to give themselves a bigger buffer at the end of the week, and so they were able to move up a tier despite being roughly as strong as you
  • They were awake at the end of the week reset time, and specifically grinded there and spent a ton of gems to reset to find teams to win, just to push themselves over to the next tier
  • Their defense team is scarier than yours, and therefore they are losing fewer matches on defense
  • They were just luckier in the last week in terms of who they were given as opponents, or in terms of how their matches went

You didn't really answer Harle's question - is it more fair for a player with 2901 rating to be matched with someone who has 3499 rating, or to be matched with someone who has 2899 rating?

Mar 1, 2022, 14:4403/01/22
kramaswamy.kr

You picked the worst possible team to fight against Maulie. Running Hegemon vs Maulie is basically just a coinflip at best, and at worst, if the Maulie has high resist, is just suicide.

Haha, thats why you dont stand at plat 3rd place. You think about high res Mauli better than higher acc attacker.

Mar 1, 2022, 14:5003/01/22

Oh and i forgot, what you will provoke when Warlord use his skill because faster than your Mauli ? 

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 1, 2022, 15:2203/01/22
02/24/19
Ratted

What about all the teams that have gotten to G2 and fallen out? Or the ones that have gotten to Gold 3 one day when they used a lot of tokens? Just because they are in Gold 1 right now doesn't necessarily mean they are easier to beat than a team in Gold 2.

And back to my question, because I am actually interested in your thoughts on this, is it more fair for a player with a 2901 arena rating to be matched with someone who has 3499 arena rating, or to be matched with someone who has a 2899 arena rating?

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 1, 2022, 15:2603/01/22
02/24/19
Deleted

Haha, thats why you dont stand at plat 3rd place. You think about high res Mauli better than higher acc attacker.

Thinking about resist is important. I can run my Maulie at 700 accuracy and 300 speed, and it won't matter if that +4 Warlord (!!!) on that whale team is Immunity gear (which I would suspect). 

Additionally, my Hegemon is built as well as I can do it on my acct, after years of farming, and he's a fast, high accuracy, CC Hege.... but I would bet a great deal that guy is MUCH faster than me.

Mar 1, 2022, 15:5803/01/22

I dont tell that is not a nice team and setup, but u are a prey too and you cant control the defense battles. There's always a bigger fish who will win against your defense team for a max reward if you at lower rank with much smaller risk. 

Thats why i told, at defense +150k team power when players have same knowledge and has enough heros to make a counter team, the defense team starting with 2x disadvantage. No matter what say anyone. Thats why need on my oppinion calculate not just the ranks. Should give lower points when an attacker attacking an easy prey.

And other thing not everyone lucky and have arena gods, like Siphi,Hegemon,Warlord,Price Kymar,Nekhret. They need mutch harder work for progression with low team power.

Mar 2, 2022, 08:2703/02/22
02/28/22
harleQuinn

What about all the teams that have gotten to G2 and fallen out? Or the ones that have gotten to Gold 3 one day when they used a lot of tokens? Just because they are in Gold 1 right now doesn't necessarily mean they are easier to beat than a team in Gold 2.

And back to my question, because I am actually interested in your thoughts on this, is it more fair for a player with a 2901 arena rating to be matched with someone who has 3499 arena rating, or to be matched with someone who has a 2899 arena rating?

I get all your points, but overall yes I think it's fair - it's fair to play teams within your tier if they are at the top or at the bottom, I use the football league premise again, does it make it unfair for Man City to play Watford? no, because they are in the same league by right, if at the end of the day one wins the league and one gets relegated thats fair, teams are in my league and I would consider it fair to fight them not teams from other leagues

Mar 2, 2022, 16:2303/02/22

Man, this is not a football match with always fix points. But sure, every Man City supporter would be happy when Man City standing at last place and should be got +17 point over +3 if Watford stand at better place on ranking table.

Mar 2, 2022, 17:0703/02/22
12/22/17

Real thing on arena is: Arbiter on the mission is not available any more.

It is probably key of the frustration also for me.

The sentence from many forums" To win Arbiter, you need to have Arbiter"

Few months ago i was in G3 quite easy, no i can sometimes reach G2 and my mission are on the same place for 2 months. I have speed 300+ and Genbo but all my opponents in G2 are with Arbiter and I see no reason to fight anymore in arena.

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 2, 2022, 17:3003/02/22
12/30/20
Malaga

Real thing on arena is: Arbiter on the mission is not available any more.

It is probably key of the frustration also for me.

The sentence from many forums" To win Arbiter, you need to have Arbiter"

Few months ago i was in G3 quite easy, no i can sometimes reach G2 and my mission are on the same place for 2 months. I have speed 300+ and Genbo but all my opponents in G2 are with Arbiter and I see no reason to fight anymore in arena.

Arena has definitely gotten harder in the past few months, no argument there. The speed requirements have ramped up. That said, I don't necessarily agree with the idea that get Arbiter, you need to have Arbiter. 

If you're fine giving arena another try, can you post your roster in a new thread and see if any improvements can be made. 

Mar 3, 2022, 07:4103/03/22
02/28/22
Deleted

Man, this is not a football match with always fix points. But sure, every Man City supporter would be happy when Man City standing at last place and should be got +17 point over +3 if Watford stand at better place on ranking table.

No and you miss the point totally - I'm in G1 because I and everyone else in G1 has done the same, sure some are also coming down from higher levels but they are still in G1 by right, it is not hower right that my team shows up in a list for folk in G2 to attack

dthorne04Moderator
Mar 3, 2022, 09:3203/03/22
Mar 3, 2022, 09:33(edited)
12/30/20

I think I can understand the frustration, but the tradeoff is that when you do beat those G2 teams that are fringe G1 you'll be able to gain a lot more points from doing so whether through defense or offense. And thus, when you do lose you will lose less points. There's a balance to it.