All Categories

Arena matches

Arena matches

Search
Feb 28, 2022, 09:4802/28/22
02/28/22

Arena matches

I am in G1, I've seen a lot of posts about the arena matchmaking and overall I don't know why they have it - but they do - what I hadn't noticed till now is that it will throw up teams in my tier, some from the tier below and also some from the tier above

This also means my defence can get attacked from a higher tier

I don't care if I get more points for winning against higher tiers, this isn't how leagues work, and yes a tier is a league, promotion, relegation

I should only have teams matched from my tier, no if's no buts anything else is just a fix

Liverpool don't play Millwall and only get one point if they win and Millwall get five if they win,

I don't care who I have in my list to fight as long as they ARE IN MY TIER

Views
Comments
Comments
Feb 28, 2022, 15:4902/28/22
06/25/20

You lose basically no points for a loss against someone who is much higher rated (IE in a higher tier). It's basically a non-issue. Conversely, you gain a *ton* of points for a win against a higher-tiered player.

Feb 28, 2022, 17:2202/28/22

Arena worse than ever with this +3 to -16 point system. Should be went back to lower leagues with over 95% winrate. Win over 100k higher teams and get +3 points when anyone have lower place in league and lose -16 points against stronger teams than your defense teams with 200k-300k when anyone have higher places in league than opponent.

Feb 28, 2022, 17:2702/28/22
06/25/20
Deleted

Arena worse than ever with this +3 to -16 point system. Should be went back to lower leagues with over 95% winrate. Win over 100k higher teams and get +3 points when anyone have lower place in league and lose -16 points against stronger teams than your defense teams with 200k-300k when anyone have higher places in league than opponent.

How have you played the game for this long, and are still making decisions based on team power?

Team power is a useful metric to understand what *type* of team they are running. It *can* be a useful metric to judge how *good* of a team that is as well, although that's often a tricky exercise.

What it is *not*, is a metric to evaluate whether you will win or lose solely by comparing your power to theirs.

It also has absolutely nothing to do with their current arena ranking, which is the only thing considered in determining your points won or lost.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 28, 2022, 17:4402/28/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

How have you played the game for this long, and are still making decisions based on team power?

Team power is a useful metric to understand what *type* of team they are running. It *can* be a useful metric to judge how *good* of a team that is as well, although that's often a tricky exercise.

What it is *not*, is a metric to evaluate whether you will win or lose solely by comparing your power to theirs.

It also has absolutely nothing to do with their current arena ranking, which is the only thing considered in determining your points won or lost.

Well said Krama

i

Feb 28, 2022, 17:5402/28/22

Thats simple  nothing need for that just simple logic. 2x or 3x stonger team have high advantage than weaker team power and get more points.Its ridiculous. With 180k team power 97% winrate against 280k teams +3 points. Start with handicap and get lower points than ever. 350k team power player win against you with 170k plus power and you lost 16 points. Disadvantage twice. 5 win against 1 lost and you get overall -1 point. LOL

Feb 28, 2022, 18:0002/28/22
harleQuinn

Well said Krama

i

We know. For you everything is good what Plarium do it. But this arena point system is very crap.

Just balk everyone to progress.  The arena worse than ever.

Feb 28, 2022, 18:0302/28/22
Feb 28, 2022, 18:03(edited)
06/25/20
Deleted

Thats simple  nothing need for that just simple logic. 2x or 3x stonger team have high advantage than weaker team power and get more points.Its ridiculous. With 180k team power 97% winrate against 280k teams +3 points. Start with handicap and get lower points than ever. 350k team power player win against you with 170k plus power and you lost 16 points. Disadvantage twice. 5 win against 1 lost and you get overall -1 point. LOL

That makes absolutely no sense. Neither of your points is correct. A team with 2x or 3x team power has no greater chance of winning against the lower team power than it does against the same team power. And a team with 2x or 3x the team power has no influence on how many points is won or lost against a lower powered team.

Feb 28, 2022, 18:1202/28/22
kramaswamy.kr

That makes absolutely no sense. Neither of your points is correct. A team with 2x or 3x team power has no greater chance of winning against the lower team power than it does against the same team power. And a team with 2x or 3x the team power has no influence on how many points is won or lost against a lower powered team.

This is the real arena. Thats makes absolutly sense.

Against a -20 places lower player win +4 point lost against a 3 places lower player who has + 140k team power and lost 17 points 

i

dthorne04Moderator
Feb 28, 2022, 18:1702/28/22
12/30/20

Looks like you were higher ranked in both of those fights, hence how the points worked out. 

Also team power is irrelevant to this. 

Feb 28, 2022, 18:1702/28/22
kramaswamy.kr

No greater chance of winning a 150k higher team ? LOL Told this at lower gold league to players.

Not everyone noob who can put to arena a crap pvp team with 150k advantage team power and can lose easily. 150k plus power its an advantage no matter what you say.

Feb 28, 2022, 18:4602/28/22
06/25/20
Deleted

No greater chance of winning a 150k higher team ? LOL Told this at lower gold league to players.

Not everyone noob who can put to arena a crap pvp team with 150k advantage team power and can lose easily. 150k plus power its an advantage no matter what you say.

K buddy. Sure it is. You enjoy your defeats and continue to complain. The rest of us, who understand how team power works, will continue to run our 150K Arb + Maulie + Lydia + Rotos against those two teams from your screenshot, and wipe the floor with them.

Feb 28, 2022, 21:4302/28/22
06/20/19
Deleted

This is the real arena. Thats makes absolutly sense.

Against a -20 places lower player win +4 point lost against a 3 places lower player who has + 140k team power and lost 17 points 

i

Team power has ZERO to do with the number of arena points earned/lost in your example or any other arena match.

If you fight a team and lose, then fight the same team and win, you will get different points for the win than you lost (unless you both have almost the same AP, in which case it will be +10/-10).  What you're showing us makes absolute 100% sense to those who understand, and makes 0 sense to those who evidently do not understand.  Try to think through this. It's not that hard.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 1, 2022, 02:2103/01/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

K buddy. Sure it is. You enjoy your defeats and continue to complain. The rest of us, who understand how team power works, will continue to run our 150K Arb + Maulie + Lydia + Rotos against those two teams from your screenshot, and wipe the floor with them.

Maulie is just SO GOOD! :D

Mar 1, 2022, 07:3303/01/22
Angwil

Team power has ZERO to do with the number of arena points earned/lost in your example or any other arena match.

If you fight a team and lose, then fight the same team and win, you will get different points for the win than you lost (unless you both have almost the same AP, in which case it will be +10/-10).  What you're showing us makes absolute 100% sense to those who understand, and makes 0 sense to those who evidently do not understand.  Try to think through this. It's not that hard.

You still dont understand. I know how work Arena, thats good reason why i'm in Gold5 or i reach sometime the plat league with a 180k team power, team. The problem is with arena point system the ZERO team power reward. No reward if you play risky and play against the more powerful teams just counting the place in the leagues.

I battle many time against over +100k teams for 3 point with 95-97 percent attacking winrate and lose -17 when attacked my defense team a plus 150-200k opponent, where i have dissadvance 2x times.

1st: The attacker always have advantage, can set up a counter team and can controll manually the battles against the AI. 

2nd: There a 150k team power differences is a huge disadvance, but the opponent get max reward if there is lower place in the league, for an easy prey.

The point system should be calculate this too, not just simple a place differences.

More percentages differences in team power such a 100% should be reduce the reachable points too. 

This is why struggling many players in leagues, every monday reseting the places one lose and went lower league, where the team will be the higher rank for +4 points but his defense team lose againt a +150k plus team and instantly lose max points but 3x-4x battles win need for reach again the higher league because the points system which see just the ranking.

Mar 1, 2022, 08:3303/01/22
02/28/22

It's a league - I should only fight other teams in my league - we have all got there - but a league should be the same, the top team should play the bottom team and only get the set points for a win, it's totally wrong, you don't get it in proper leagues do you?  Hey lets have Liverpool play Norwich this week but only get one point if they win and give Norwich five if they win, it's three points whoever wins and thats how the arena should work

Mar 1, 2022, 08:5503/01/22
10/15/20
Ratted

It's a league - I should only fight other teams in my league - we have all got there - but a league should be the same, the top team should play the bottom team and only get the set points for a win, it's totally wrong, you don't get it in proper leagues do you?  Hey lets have Liverpool play Norwich this week but only get one point if they win and give Norwich five if they win, it's three points whoever wins and thats how the arena should work

The arena point system is similar to Elo. Raid arena doesn't have to work like a football league.

Mar 1, 2022, 12:1903/01/22
02/28/22

don't make it right either, everyone strives to progress and this mechanism can stop that, how is it even remotely fair near reset teams in a higher tier (and as they are in a higher tier demonstrably better teams - nothing to do with team power,)  just better teams can be matched with teams from a lower tier?

The least - the very least we should expect is fairness, this palpably is unfair

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 1, 2022, 12:4203/01/22
02/24/19

The tier is just a number though. Is a team with 2899 arena ranking all that different from a team with a 2900 arena ranking? Or 2910?

What number is an okay range, in your mind? How many arena points should a team be allowed to be away from you before it becomes "unfair"? If you are at 3499 in Gold 4 should you be matched with a 2900 player in Gold 4, or is it more appropriate for you to be matched with a 3501 Gold 5 player? In the former there is a 599 point difference but the two teams are both in G4. In the latter there is a two point difference but it is two different Tiers.

No matter what, you get a slate of 10 opponents, some below your Arena ranking, some above. And you get to CHOOSE which of those opponents you fight, and refresh at least every 15 minutes without spending.

harleQuinnModerator
Mar 1, 2022, 12:4303/01/22
02/24/19

Why don't you post your roster, your arena team and their builds and we'll see if we can make some suggestions on how to progress? There are several helpful folks here who can make some great team suggestions. :)

Mar 1, 2022, 13:0603/01/22

"And you get to CHOOSE which of those opponents you fight"

And you dont get choose wich of those opponents you fight on defense. Other thing "will continue to run our 150K Arb + Maulie + Lydia + Rotos"

Mauli really nice person, would be nice meet always in arena with this krama team, should be nice a 100% winrate. But meeting with plat leader 350k teams its more dangerous.