All Categories

Account Power

Account Power

Search
Comments
Feb 25, 2022, 15:3502/25/22
12/19/19
harleQuinn

Totally agree here. Great advice this thread. :)

i

I disagree!!! Sorry Carpe, as you always give great advice and the team comps are all very good!

But not for defense in tag!

Blender team, sitting duck.  And you just wasted your fastest champ (arbiter) in team 1.

Speed nuke team. See team 1 :)

High res / high defense/ reviver is your leftovers in team 3.  I will run laps around them and they will never get a turn :)

Thats the bad news.  The good news is all the recommended teams are good on offense  :) offense is about strategically matching up against the opponent.  I don't have 3 teams, i mix and match for each battle. Only my "team 3" / anti blender is consistent. 

On defense, you want to look scary.  Basically create teams that you wouldn't attack lol. And make sure u set the AI for your champs, some of the defaults are less than terrible... which is good  :)

Feb 25, 2022, 19:0002/25/22
05/13/19

I  like  the  idea  of  Mountain  King  +  Valkyrie on  the  same  team.

I  like  the  idea  of  Seeker  +  Candraphon on  the  same  team.

I'm  just  trying to  figure out  who  should  be  3rd  &  4th.

MK  +  Valkyrie +  ?  +  ?

Seeker  +  Candraphon +  ?  +  ?

I  thought  about  adding  Underpriest  to  The  MK  team.

I  thought  about  adding  Norog  or  Tayrel  +  Tayrel  to  the  Candraphon team.

I  just  haven't tested  any  of  those  teams.

Not  sure  how  they  would  do.

Feb 25, 2022, 19:2402/25/22
06/25/20

My two cents:

team 1: Arbiter + Umbral + Serris + Foli. 325SPD min on Arbiter. Umbral tuned to go right after.

team 2: Gorgorab + Visix + Valk + Candraphon. 300SPD min on Gorg, Visix tuned to go right after.

team 3: Rhazin (replaced with Lydia when you get her) + Seeker + Sethalia + Vogoth. 250+ RES on all champs along with their usual stats.

Feb 25, 2022, 19:3702/25/22
Feb 25, 2022, 19:41(edited)
06/19/17

When looking for defensive team look at your champions. Are there any of them that does something passively. If so they are perfect candidates a few good candidates are:

Valkyria - boots her turnment when enemy lands buffs and you can cut in and put on a huge shield before the nuke.

Seeker - place him first or second in turnorder and if a crit lands on him he will put inc. defense on those after him in turn order in the same aoe nuke.

Sepulcher Sentinel (50% chance to deny all damage on one champ. First in turn order beside herself if I remember correctly. Could be paired with Cardinal)

Sandlashed Survivor (ally protection when champ would go below 50% and block damage on herself)

Dark Elhain (aginst freeze only)

Vorgoth (heals allies when hit)

Cardinal - well not a passive skill build her super tanky (stone skin or maybe Frenzy set)

EDIT: Just had to add Norog to the list. He does not get enough love.

Feb 26, 2022, 00:4602/26/22
07/08/19
Trips

I disagree!!! Sorry Carpe, as you always give great advice and the team comps are all very good!

Blender team, sitting duck.  And you just wasted your fastest champ (arbiter) in team 1.

High res / high defense/ reviver is your leftovers in team 3.  I will run laps around them and they will never get a turn :)

Thats the bad news.  The good news is all the recommended teams are good on offense  :) offense is about strategically matching up against the opponent.  I don't have 3 teams, i mix and match for each battle. Only my "team 3" / anti blender is consistent. 

On defense, you want to look scary.  Basically create teams that you wouldn't attack lol. And make sure u set the AI for your champs, some of the defaults are less than terrible... which is good  :)

well that''s what makes a horse race, innit?

i find blender comps more trouble than they're worth most of the time, you consider them cannon fodder, and i think it's safe to say neither of us is someone whose attention you really want to draw in arena.

pretty much any (viable) setup will have people that it chases off and it'll have people who just see a giant neon sign saying FREE LUNCH.

Feb 26, 2022, 01:1302/26/22
12/19/19
WindWalker

i

The Tag Teams I am running now.

Here is a team I would use with Martyr 

i

But you have tons of good champs to make go second teams.

Seeker in lead and sandlashed last would be good bookends for another 

Feb 26, 2022, 01:3902/26/22
12/19/19

i

Needed some rng to win this one, definitely not 100pct success against that hegemon 

Feb 26, 2022, 03:1202/26/22
01/28/17
Trips

i

Needed some rng to win this one, definitely not 100pct success against that hegemon 

Thanks!!!!!! Your help is much appreciated and showing me your teams helps me understand how to set them up. I have been double checking gear on some of mine today ya'll have suggested be used like Mountain King and such. Also watched some videos again today too. I'm just SLOW learning the details of AOE and all that and how to setup a balanced team. THANKS again!!!!  Have FUN. :) 

Feb 26, 2022, 03:3402/26/22
12/19/19
WindWalker

Thanks!!!!!! Your help is much appreciated and showing me your teams helps me understand how to set them up. I have been double checking gear on some of mine today ya'll have suggested be used like Mountain King and such. Also watched some videos again today too. I'm just SLOW learning the details of AOE and all that and how to setup a balanced team. THANKS again!!!!  Have FUN. :) 

i

Here is my main account using sandlashed in a similar anti blender team.  Duchess obv helps, but seeker would work as lead in this team.

I actually went second in all 3 matches and had less power in all 3.  

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 26, 2022, 04:4402/26/22
02/24/19
Trips

I'd rather fight a speed nuke team myself, single OR double boosted, sometimes those CA masteries are spicy on those very well built blenders!!!

But like Carpe said, all of us are going to prefer fighting different teams based on our own champ options/roster.

Thanks everyone for the great advice and examples in the thread here!

i

Mar 3, 2022, 19:3303/03/22
03/03/22
WindWalker

Thanks for help on issue. Much appreciated. I'm thinking maybe I just don't understand stats that good and don't have my champs in the right gear that improves their abilities. Yes I have too many champs in the vault with gear on at level 50. Champs I thought might be good but not always. Stupid me. LOL!!!!!!!!

dont sell your artifacts , it doesnt lower your player power dont fall for that i ve tested it , the artifact power is the one you got on your champions if you just remove it it drops if you sell it it doesnt drop you just get some silver back.

Mar 3, 2022, 19:4403/03/22
06/25/20
Trips

i

Here is my main account using sandlashed in a similar anti blender team.  Duchess obv helps, but seeker would work as lead in this team.

I actually went second in all 3 matches and had less power in all 3.  

Something which confuses me about this - I have a similar team setup for anti-blender, but the mechanics of Vogoth don't really work properly. From what I can tell, ALL the damage is done before *any* of it gets healed. So the only benefit Vogoth provides is, if your team actually survives the blender, it's in a good place to win the fight.

Does Sandlashed get around this problem somehow? Or does it also suffer from the same effect? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Mar 3, 2022, 21:0403/03/22
12/19/19

By survive the blender u mean the initial ally attack i assume? Sandlashed passive works same way, so if the attack is strong enough to one shot anyone they will be dead before vogoth heals and ally protect kicks in. That is why seeker is really good in these comps because as soon as he is hit, def up goes on others.

Not sure if I answered your question?

Mar 3, 2022, 21:3003/03/22
06/25/20
Trips

By survive the blender u mean the initial ally attack i assume? Sandlashed passive works same way, so if the attack is strong enough to one shot anyone they will be dead before vogoth heals and ally protect kicks in. That is why seeker is really good in these comps because as soon as he is hit, def up goes on others.

Not sure if I answered your question?

Sorta - so you're saying that Seeker passive works differently? His DEF up activates before the rest of the team takes damage, as opposed to Sandlashed / Vogoth, which activate after?

My current lineup is Lydia + Mortu + Vogoth + Raglin. If the DEF up goes first, and if I ever end up getting a Seeker, I would guess Seeker would be a better fit than Vogoth against blender teams?

Mar 3, 2022, 21:5403/03/22
Mar 3, 2022, 21:55(edited)
10/15/20
kramaswamy.kr

Sorta - so you're saying that Seeker passive works differently? His DEF up activates before the rest of the team takes damage, as opposed to Sandlashed / Vogoth, which activate after?

My current lineup is Lydia + Mortu + Vogoth + Raglin. If the DEF up goes first, and if I ever end up getting a Seeker, I would guess Seeker would be a better fit than Vogoth against blender teams?

Seeker's passive triggers as soon as he (she? it?) takes a hit. If Seeker is the team leader, the def will trigger before any teammember gets damage. If you need another team leader for his aura, that champ will take the full damage before Seeker's passive triggers, assuming you put Seeker on team position no. 2, if somebody else is the leader.