All Categories

Very dishearting

Very dishearting

Search
Comments
Feb 10, 2022, 22:5702/10/22
06/25/20
MasterKroket

It really takes ages to get good gear yeah. One thing you didnt even mention is the rolling part. You finally get a good piece and you just dont roll the good substats.

I am still waiting for my first triple speed roll on speed gear 210+ days in... Thats probably quite unlucky i dont know. I got one on a perception piece...

I won the same champion training event i havent checked my gear yet as its in my inbox   but as pointed out getting the good main stat on the bottom 3 is pretty rare while with legendary you are bound to get some nice substats on the top 3...

Lol. I'm on like ... two years? And I think I have exactly *one* triple speed roll.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 10, 2022, 23:0002/10/22
02/24/19
kramaswamy.kr

Lol. I'm on like ... two years? And I think I have exactly *one* triple speed roll.

I have three now, all on my Arbiter. Two from Divine Speed and one from Speed. ;/

Feb 10, 2022, 23:2102/10/22
05/13/19
ObsideonRipper

Agree with OP.  Had my hopes up for winning and this is what I got

i

I  know  Harle Quinn  is  telling you  to  scrap  the  Gloves,  Chest,  &  Boots.

A  long  time  ago,  I  would have  agreed  with  her.

BUT  NOT  NOW!

You  should  save  those  Relentess  Bottom  Row  pieces.

Than  try  to  Reroll  them  with  the  new  Chaos  Ores.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 11, 2022, 00:5302/11/22
02/24/19
Player J

I  know  Harle Quinn  is  telling you  to  scrap  the  Gloves,  Chest,  &  Boots.

A  long  time  ago,  I  would have  agreed  with  her.

BUT  NOT  NOW!

You  should  save  those  Relentess  Bottom  Row  pieces.

Than  try  to  Reroll  them  with  the  new  Chaos  Ores.

Only the boots if anything. In my opinion, Chaos Ores are for finding 6 star legendary boots with Speed on tough to obtain sets. Or potentially shooting for trading a 6 star banner with a triple or quad roll of mediocre stuff into a 6 star Accuracy banner with a triple or quad speed roll.

Honestly, Chaos Ore is so rare, and made such for endgame players, I wouldn't level anything that is bad JUST to reroll it. That's a great way to set your account back for the very low percentage chance at the drop you want.

Feb 11, 2022, 02:0502/11/22
06/20/19

I've read through this again and seen at least two commenter say they should know what the set is before they spend resources, or that if they knew what the set was they wouldn't have spent resources to win.  Ok, First, if you click on the reward it will tell you Relentless.  Second, in tournaments IT'S ALWAYS relentless.  Tournaments are they only place to get relentless.  That's why players that understand it's value work so hard to place in tournements.  This does not garantee you will get good main/sub or roll.  But given how hard it is to come by, I keep relentless pieces that otherwise I would probably sell outright.

Feb 11, 2022, 03:1002/11/22
Feb 11, 2022, 03:14(edited)
09/14/19
Minin

Ok since Trips didn't do it. 😋

You do understand that 75 runs isn't even a drop in the bucket?

75 runs isn't even 2 days worth of auto battles.

I have been running dragon for almost 2 months straight now for speed gear and I am lucky if I get 1 piece out of my 45 auto battles.

Now I am not say i like this or think it is right but this is how the operate and it will not change, they want us grinding  grinding grinding and when we get tired they want us to grind some more 😀

Edited by moderator - Harbby
Removed false information.

Feb 11, 2022, 03:1302/11/22
01/04/20
WhyPlay

Edited by moderator - Harbby
Removed false information.

No they didn't. 

Feb 11, 2022, 03:1302/11/22
09/14/19
Angwil

I've read through this again and seen at least two commenter say they should know what the set is before they spend resources, or that if they knew what the set was they wouldn't have spent resources to win.  Ok, First, if you click on the reward it will tell you Relentless.  Second, in tournaments IT'S ALWAYS relentless.  Tournaments are they only place to get relentless.  That's why players that understand it's value work so hard to place in tournements.  This does not garantee you will get good main/sub or roll.  But given how hard it is to come by, I keep relentless pieces that otherwise I would probably sell outright.

OP meant the stats - not the actual type of sets.  It's understandable - you get to the top, spend resources, to get the following legendary relentless set

Boots - 25 Def main stat

Chest - 600HP main stat

Gloves - Attack 25 main stat

I mean, it's essentially garbage - unless you are going to spend yet AGAIN to get one of those new Ores

Feb 11, 2022, 11:3802/11/22
05/13/19
harleQuinn

Only the boots if anything. In my opinion, Chaos Ores are for finding 6 star legendary boots with Speed on tough to obtain sets. Or potentially shooting for trading a 6 star banner with a triple or quad roll of mediocre stuff into a 6 star Accuracy banner with a triple or quad speed roll.

Honestly, Chaos Ore is so rare, and made such for endgame players, I wouldn't level anything that is bad JUST to reroll it. That's a great way to set your account back for the very low percentage chance at the drop you want.

If  the  OP  doesn't  lvl  up  the  Gloves,  Chest,  &  Shoes,  Than  uses  a  Chaos  Ore.

It  will  change  all  stats  -  Main  Stats  +  Secondary  Stats

It  could  turn  a  bad  main  stat  piece  into  a  good  one.

It  worth  the  risk  in  my  opinion  because Relentess  isn't a  farmable  set.

Feb 11, 2022, 11:5402/11/22
02/14/21
Player J

If  the  OP  doesn't  lvl  up  the  Gloves,  Chest,  &  Shoes,  Than  uses  a  Chaos  Ore.

It  will  change  all  stats  -  Main  Stats  +  Secondary  Stats

It  could  turn  a  bad  main  stat  piece  into  a  good  one.

It  worth  the  risk  in  my  opinion  because Relentess  isn't a  farmable  set.

This really really hurts 😈

I have to agree with Player J, this seems like a perfect time for the chaos ores, I would not buy them but I would use whatever freebies I had.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 11, 2022, 11:5502/11/22
02/24/19

Those ores are really too rare to spend on anything but 6 star legendary Relentless boots, IMO. Maybe a banner here and there.

Build the champs you have, with the equipment you have, farming always for better and better stuff. Feel free to save your Relentless, OP, but never upgrade flat stat chests, gloves or boots.

Also, I have never had a problem getting more Relentless. You just target tourneys that look like they are winnable, and push up to the top spot and take the Relentless home. Word to the wise, your matchups always get a little harder for a while after winning some tourneys, but if you take it easy after a win, you'll fall back into a better bracket, and can take a couple more tourneys. :D

Feb 11, 2022, 17:0602/11/22
06/19/17
harleQuinn

Those ores are really too rare to spend on anything but 6 star legendary Relentless boots, IMO. Maybe a banner here and there.

Build the champs you have, with the equipment you have, farming always for better and better stuff. Feel free to save your Relentless, OP, but never upgrade flat stat chests, gloves or boots.

Also, I have never had a problem getting more Relentless. You just target tourneys that look like they are winnable, and push up to the top spot and take the Relentless home. Word to the wise, your matchups always get a little harder for a while after winning some tourneys, but if you take it easy after a win, you'll fall back into a better bracket, and can take a couple more tourneys. :D

Is it really true that tournaments groups get easier if you do bad?

In my experience it seems to be level based. As I got closer to level 100 i started meeting the whales.

I could be wrong, but that is how it has felt for me. 

Feb 11, 2022, 18:5502/11/22
04/12/21
kramaswamy.kr

5-10 times? Lol. Try 500-1000 times.

Is it that bad lol? I was trying to be kind.

Feb 12, 2022, 02:5402/12/22
Feb 12, 2022, 02:54(edited)
01/23/22
harleQuinn

Honestly, that's a great haul. A really, really good haul. I would have been happy with that set.

Depending on how it rolls, the weapon, helm and shield can be endgame gear. All of them have Speed. All of them have Crit Damage or Crit Rate. Two of them have Accuracy. HP% on the weapon and helm instead of HP flat. Def % instead of Def flat on the shield.

If you get 2 speed rolls or more on any of those three pieces, I would expect them to stay on champs through where I am at in the game. Cause they are basically EXACTLY what you are looking for on gear. And they are legendary! 

I WOULD scrap the boots, chest and gauntlets. But at this point I easily scrap 19/20 relentess pieces I receive. Instead you'll be rolling 3/6.

While I'm thinking about this, would you keep any of the bottom to complete the set?  Or are the bottom 3 pretty much trash?

Also, lets assume I have a bottom piece I like... who does the relentless set fit best - High Katun, Warmaiden, Alek or Venomage?

Feb 12, 2022, 03:0902/12/22
06/25/20
ObsideonRipper

While I'm thinking about this, would you keep any of the bottom to complete the set?  Or are the bottom 3 pretty much trash?

Also, lets assume I have a bottom piece I like... who does the relentless set fit best - High Katun, Warmaiden, Alek or Venomage?

Honestly - for your stage in progression, don't focus too much on set bonuses. Much more important is what the stats on them are. Your top-row items are mostly HP% and DEF% bonuses, so they're best on champs that are HP or DEF based.

As for the bottom-row ones - I wouldn't sell anything 6* for now. You're too early to be selling those.

Feb 12, 2022, 03:1502/12/22
01/23/22
kramaswamy.kr

Honestly - for your stage in progression, don't focus too much on set bonuses. Much more important is what the stats on them are. Your top-row items are mostly HP% and DEF% bonuses, so they're best on champs that are HP or DEF based.

As for the bottom-row ones - I wouldn't sell anything 6* for now. You're too early to be selling those.

I'm not selling them, more thinking what gear to have ready for HK.  I know speed (to make fastest champ) and accuracy... just wondering if that set bonus would be good for her.

harleQuinnModerator
Feb 12, 2022, 10:5402/12/22
Feb 12, 2022, 11:04(edited)
02/24/19
ObsideonRipper

So when you think about set bonuses, I like to think about it as gearing for particular stats. Stats over sets, but sets help make the stats. 

Let me explain a bit about what I mean gearing for particular stats. When fighting a particular Clan Boss, you have minimums you need for Accuracy to land debuffs....

i

...Easy is 20, Normal 50, Hard 70 and so on. So if you're hitting Hard, you will want all your champs over 140 speed and 70 Accuracy. First thing you try and do with your gear is to hit those marks, without worrying about set benefits. So we ignore things like Relentless' 18% extra turn chance or Retaliation's 35% counterattack chance and just build to get 70 accuracy on our debuffers, and 140+ speed on everyone, then shoot for those things like DEF, HP and our damage numbers (those are hopeful targets you see above, we always care first about accuracy and speed).

Now if you have an Accuracy set, you can get 40 free accuracy for each two pieces. Or with the Perception sets from the forge, you get a small speed bonus and 40 accuracy per 2 pieces.  

So simply put, sets like Speed, Accuracy and Perception help you meet these mins, like CB stats or the mininum 200-220 accuracy for Dragon 20. However, the set bonuses aren't so great if every piece of perception gear is terrible, cause even with the full 6 perception pieces, you might not make some speed or accuracy requirement for content completion.

With sets like Relentless, Regeneration or Retaliation, which provide no bonus to a stat or stats, the pieces need to be BETTER by comparison to hit the minimum requirements to move through content. As such, pieces like flat stat gloves, chest pieces and boots are a huge no go, more than normal even! And you never want to be justifying keeping a champ below stat thresholds just to give them a chance at extra turns or CAs.

Relentless, for many people, ends up being a lot of early 6 star legendary and epic gear and you may find it spread about your account, with few or no set bonuses. And that is because the substats may roll very well, and by spreading them out, you can equip a whole team!

Now back to your question, Relentless sets best fit champs who you want to use their skills more often if possible, especially in long battles. Venomage might benefit best from this resetting of her skills, and laying down her debuffs more frequently. This supposes you can get the accuracy you want with only a single set of accuracy or perception gear to pair with it.

High Khatun should be in the fastest gear on your account, which means farming Speed Set, speed main stat boots from even Campaign if necessary, and then pairing that with hopefully 5 other pieces of speed set gear that has speed substats, hopefully that has rolled it once or twice or even three times.

With debuffers like Aleks or Warmaiden it's all about making them go before damage champs like your starter, and having the accuracy to land debuffs. I end up with a lot of them in pairs of sets like Perception, Accuracy and Speed.

As an aside, Auras like Aleks' Accuracy Aura can reduce your entire team's requirements on Accuracy by 60. And High Khatun reduces Speed Requirements by 19%. Changing who is leader, and ranking early champs with usuable auras reduces some of the gear squeeze in the early game.

I know that is really long, but I hope it addressed your question Obsideon. :)

Feb 12, 2022, 16:5602/12/22
06/30/21
kramaswamy.kr

Well ironically i just got my first rolling all the speed gear i grabbed from my inbox... Sadly it was a 5-star so its still 'only' a 19 but ok. Guess i need to run even more dragon!

As for accuracy personally i started GH with that mostly so i can usually meet the goals for CB / dungeons relatively easily especially for Magic. I always heard 230 for UN not 220? My Vizier and FB are both 230> my Jareg is 193 so he gets resisted sometimes. If i dont roll attack down / vizier takes a nap and doesnt extend i just close bluestacks and try again

Feb 12, 2022, 18:2402/12/22
01/23/22
harleQuinn

So when you think about set bonuses, I like to think about it as gearing for particular stats. Stats over sets, but sets help make the stats. 

Let me explain a bit about what I mean gearing for particular stats. When fighting a particular Clan Boss, you have minimums you need for Accuracy to land debuffs....

i

...Easy is 20, Normal 50, Hard 70 and so on. So if you're hitting Hard, you will want all your champs over 140 speed and 70 Accuracy. First thing you try and do with your gear is to hit those marks, without worrying about set benefits. So we ignore things like Relentless' 18% extra turn chance or Retaliation's 35% counterattack chance and just build to get 70 accuracy on our debuffers, and 140+ speed on everyone, then shoot for those things like DEF, HP and our damage numbers (those are hopeful targets you see above, we always care first about accuracy and speed).

Now if you have an Accuracy set, you can get 40 free accuracy for each two pieces. Or with the Perception sets from the forge, you get a small speed bonus and 40 accuracy per 2 pieces.  

So simply put, sets like Speed, Accuracy and Perception help you meet these mins, like CB stats or the mininum 200-220 accuracy for Dragon 20. However, the set bonuses aren't so great if every piece of perception gear is terrible, cause even with the full 6 perception pieces, you might not make some speed or accuracy requirement for content completion.

With sets like Relentless, Regeneration or Retaliation, which provide no bonus to a stat or stats, the pieces need to be BETTER by comparison to hit the minimum requirements to move through content. As such, pieces like flat stat gloves, chest pieces and boots are a huge no go, more than normal even! And you never want to be justifying keeping a champ below stat thresholds just to give them a chance at extra turns or CAs.

Relentless, for many people, ends up being a lot of early 6 star legendary and epic gear and you may find it spread about your account, with few or no set bonuses. And that is because the substats may roll very well, and by spreading them out, you can equip a whole team!

Now back to your question, Relentless sets best fit champs who you want to use their skills more often if possible, especially in long battles. Venomage might benefit best from this resetting of her skills, and laying down her debuffs more frequently. This supposes you can get the accuracy you want with only a single set of accuracy or perception gear to pair with it.

High Khatun should be in the fastest gear on your account, which means farming Speed Set, speed main stat boots from even Campaign if necessary, and then pairing that with hopefully 5 other pieces of speed set gear that has speed substats, hopefully that has rolled it once or twice or even three times.

With debuffers like Aleks or Warmaiden it's all about making them go before damage champs like your starter, and having the accuracy to land debuffs. I end up with a lot of them in pairs of sets like Perception, Accuracy and Speed.

As an aside, Auras like Aleks' Accuracy Aura can reduce your entire team's requirements on Accuracy by 60. And High Khatun reduces Speed Requirements by 19%. Changing who is leader, and ranking early champs with usuable auras reduces some of the gear squeeze in the early game.

I know that is really long, but I hope it addressed your question Obsideon. :)

Thanks for all the info.  I think I understand stats > sets (basically), where I still struggle is who the relentless set really benefits ad when its worthwhile going to +12 or +16.  Here's a specific example... below are my best relentless gear, are any worth going to +12 and are any four worth putting one one champ?

i

Feb 12, 2022, 18:4102/12/22
06/25/20

Man you have just been phenomenally lucky with your rolls. Other than your chest and boot, you hit the correct subtats on every one of the other pieces.

All things considered, right now, I'd probably put the weapon, helmet, shield, and boots on Khatun. They aren't really "perfect", but they all have speed rolls, and, if you're lucky, taking them to 12 will have a few of them hit the speed roll. The boots are sub-par - I'd bring them to 12 and leave them there.

The gloves and chest I'd sell right away. They are only 3*, not enough to warrant upgrading.