All Categories

Hi, looking for guidance on my first clan boss team

Hi, looking for guidance on my first clan boss team

Search
Comments
Dec 30, 2021, 20:2512/30/21
01/04/20
harleQuinn

I see Thorne and Harbby advise differently. Really it's up to you. There are merits to having Rector now, and merits to trying 4 shards at 12% for a legendary.

So. 3 shards at 6% legendary with a Rector at the end.

OR

4 shards at 12% legendary and who knows?

You have a good point, it is only 4 shards.  

Dec 30, 2021, 20:2512/30/21
12/19/19

Smart for hQ to add Rector, but I would advise against OP doing so and wait for 2x or even wait til 2x during a fusion.  Extreme patience required, lol.  

Dec 30, 2021, 20:3012/30/21
Dec 30, 2021, 20:34(edited)
10/15/20

I did consider recommending warmaiden instead of alex.

My reasoning for not doing so is simply that alex can do more than one role. He can be a damage dealer for clan boss, dungeons and arena, his aura can help early on when you struggle with accuracy as well. And without accuracy you are not landing any debuffs

Warmaiden is drop defence only.

As for rector, he is a fab champ, but right now with so few top tier champs i would stick to the x2 events. Although rector really is good so if you have the resources to get him it isnt a bad choice

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 30, 2021, 20:3212/30/21
Dec 30, 2021, 20:43(edited)
12/30/20

It does feel akin to a coinflip and I admit this is a fairly unique situation and perhaps not as linear as I usually look at it, because this is a really early game account.

Rector is straight up tremendous in a lot of different places like Quinn said, I use her in hard doom tower content all over the place. Should be great in dungeons now, definitely great in Faction Wars later. Just a great champion overall. 

Brogni in an early game account would be just unreal, lol. So getting lucky there would be absolutely huge.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 30, 2021, 20:4412/30/21
Dec 30, 2021, 20:44(edited)
02/24/19
dthorne04

It does feel akin to a coinflip and I admit this is a fairly unique situation and perhaps not as linear as I usually look at it, because this is a really early game account.

Rector is straight up tremendous in a lot of different places like Quinn said, I use her in hard doom tower content all over the place. Should be great in dungeons now, definitely great in Faction Wars later. Just a great champion overall. 

Brogni in an early game account would be just unreal, lol. So getting lucky there would be absolutely huge.

This is a tough one, seeing as it is only 4 shards, and not a huge 40-150 ancient shard investment like we usually see. And the 10x champs are absolutely top notch, even the epics. Doompriest, Uugo? Ma'Shalled? Brogni? Tuhanarak? Lots of great options, lots of live hits. And a Rector on the 4th shard?

Really, I have talked myself into for sure pulling during this event. And recommending the same for you, OP.

Either way has merit though.

Dec 30, 2021, 20:5112/30/21
10/15/20
harleQuinn

This is a tough one, seeing as it is only 4 shards, and not a huge 40-150 ancient shard investment like we usually see. And the 10x champs are absolutely top notch, even the epics. Doompriest, Uugo? Ma'Shalled? Brogni? Tuhanarak? Lots of great options, lots of live hits. And a Rector on the 4th shard?

Really, I have talked myself into for sure pulling during this event. And recommending the same for you, OP.

Either way has merit though.

I already have one rector, and a brogni and a doompriest, but they are all champs i would happily use dupes of.... might pull myself now :)

Dec 30, 2021, 21:0012/30/21
12/04/21

Hmm tough choice.  Rector seems really good.  But I may not have to make the decision, because I don't think I can get that 4th sacred shard to use quite yet.

Dec 30, 2021, 22:1412/30/21
08/17/21

I completely agree that a booked Warmaiden is better than an unbooked Aleksandr and Aleksandr has a bad kit that isn't worth spending legendary books on. I know he is supposed to have good base stats and multipliers but his actual in-game performance is underwhelming. Eventually you'll get an epic like Stag Knight, Dhukk The Pierced, Deacon Armstrong, Madame Serris, Siegehulk, Thylessia, Tayrel, etc that does the job Aleksandr is supposed to do but, like, elevnty billion times better and epic books are much easier to obtain than legendary books.

It's not too hard to build a Nightmare Demon Lord Clan Boss Team. There's a lot of champions that will work, you just need to cover a few key roles.

-decrease attack

-decrease defense

-weaken

-poison

-burn(from an epic or legendary champ, burn from rares does less damage)

-speed boost

Check off as many of those as you can, get everybody to level 60 in lifesteal gear, get Warmaster/Giant Slayer and Retribution masteries on them and chances are you'll at least 3-key Nightmare. Oh yeah, you'll want your champions to be going 170 speed and have 200 accuracy for Nightmare. The speed will be easy to reach with High Katun as your lead and you'll need to 6* your champs to use accuracy banners to make getting that stat easy. It might take a little time to put it all together but it's very achievable.

A few rares to keep an eye out for are Apothecary, Coffin Smasher and Frozen Banshee. From there the sky's really the limit and it comes down to the champions and gear you have.

Dec 30, 2021, 22:4312/30/21
12/19/19
WastelandKnight

I completely agree that a booked Warmaiden is better than an unbooked Aleksandr and Aleksandr has a bad kit that isn't worth spending legendary books on. I know he is supposed to have good base stats and multipliers but his actual in-game performance is underwhelming. Eventually you'll get an epic like Stag Knight, Dhukk The Pierced, Deacon Armstrong, Madame Serris, Siegehulk, Thylessia, Tayrel, etc that does the job Aleksandr is supposed to do but, like, elevnty billion times better and epic books are much easier to obtain than legendary books.

It's not too hard to build a Nightmare Demon Lord Clan Boss Team. There's a lot of champions that will work, you just need to cover a few key roles.

-decrease attack

-decrease defense

-weaken

-poison

-speed boost

Check off as many of those as you can, get everybody to level 60 in lifesteal gear, get Warmaster/Giant Slayer and Retribution masteries on them and chances are you'll at least 3-key Nightmare. Oh yeah, you'll want your champions to be going 170 speed and have 200 accuracy for Nightmare. The speed will be easy to reach with High Katun as your lead and you'll need to 6* your champs to use accuracy banners to make getting that stat easy. It might take a little time to put it all together but it's very achievable.

A few rares to keep an eye out for are Apothecary, Coffin Smasher and Frozen Banshee. From there the sky's really the limit and it comes down to the champions and gear you have.

Another vote for warmaiden!

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 30, 2021, 23:2912/30/21
12/30/20
WastelandKnight

-decrease attack

-decrease defense

-weaken

-poison

-speed boost

Couple issues:

1) This is assuming you open these champions (more on that later). We have Aleks now. Literally, just have him now and he's already 50. 

2) stats and multipliers matter, a lot. this seems to get glossed over a lot in these threads and I'm not sure why. 

3) Planning on getting specific epics, especially void ones seems a bit rough. How long will that take? Madame for example is one of forty one void epics and even if we open our voids only during 2x's, that leaves us with a 16% chance at an epic and a 2.43% chance at her from a given void that has rolled epic, giving us a .3% chance of getting her from a void shard during a 2x. Assuming my math is correct, that means we need to open somewhere around 150 void shards during only 2x's to have about a coinflip of getting her. That's a big ask for a F2P/Low spend account in any reasonable amount of time.

Assuming a similar scenario with ancients, a given affinity epic is about .6% to drop when you roll epic at the same rate of epics (16%) from ancients. Given what we know from the prior math, that means what, about 500 ancients to have a coinflip at a specific epic? Granted, there is more overlap within these champions we're looking for, but still.

Sacreds do give us the best chance but still only .5% and that's IF we don't open during 2x. 

4) In the end we should probably work with what we have, not what we're hoping for. 

Dec 31, 2021, 00:3612/31/21
Dec 31, 2021, 01:00(edited)
08/17/21

To get a better def down champ than Aleks you don't need to pull 1 specific epic though, there's a list of 10 epics that do the job better. One of them is even a magic affinity High Elf so he's not even remarkable in his faction.

A maxed out Aleksandr is playable, that's not the issue, the problem is that he's not worth the top end potions and books it takes to max him out. If he were a rare I'd say he's great and definitely worth building, if he were an epic he'd be ok if you didn't have one of the many better options, as a legendary he's just weak for his rarity and costly to build. Meanwhile Warmaiden is cheap to build and a proven champ who's been running Faction Wars, Arena and level 20 dungeons for years. Right now she's winning the rares-only Spider tournament for me. Warmaiden isn't even the best comparison IMO, an unbooked Aleksandr is really competing against Fleshmonger. They're both 75% chance for AOE decrease defense and magic affinity.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 31, 2021, 00:5712/31/21
Dec 31, 2021, 01:22(edited)
02/24/19
dthorne04

Couple issues:

1) This is assuming you open these champions (more on that later). We have Aleks now. Literally, just have him now and he's already 50. 

2) stats and multipliers matter, a lot. this seems to get glossed over a lot in these threads and I'm not sure why. 

3) Planning on getting specific epics, especially void ones seems a bit rough. How long will that take? Madame for example is one of forty one void epics and even if we open our voids only during 2x's, that leaves us with a 16% chance at an epic and a 2.43% chance at her from a given void that has rolled epic, giving us a .3% chance of getting her from a void shard during a 2x. Assuming my math is correct, that means we need to open somewhere around 150 void shards during only 2x's to have about a coinflip of getting her. That's a big ask for a F2P/Low spend account in any reasonable amount of time.

Assuming a similar scenario with ancients, a given affinity epic is about .6% to drop when you roll epic at the same rate of epics (16%) from ancients. Given what we know from the prior math, that means what, about 500 ancients to have a coinflip at a specific epic? Granted, there is more overlap within these champions we're looking for, but still.

Sacreds do give us the best chance but still only .5% and that's IF we don't open during 2x. 

4) In the end we should probably work with what we have, not what we're hoping for. 

Couldn't agree more. People that play ignoring base stats and multipliers are just making the game that much more difficult, especially those ignoring base stats in favor of what was true in 2019, or, even worse, who is wearing a swimsuit. The game is hard enough without such decision making.

I can see someone who built Warmaiden fully still using her, rather than building a new champ they just got. That's a sunk cost. But that argument fails when those people start talking about pulling shards for Uugo or Stag or whomever so that you can replace Warmaiden down the road.

New people literally are handed a champ that smacks, removes buffs, and does AoE Dec Defense. The literal upgrade just in your champ collection on Day 7. However, people want to pull shards looking for some other one, at minisucle, fractions of a percent to find such champs.

I'm not sure we'll change the minds of these two folks, Thorne, they are welcome to play however they want. But I will for sure continue to advise against 6 starring champs that you would replace the second you pulled a Stag Knight or Dhukk or Tayrel.

Lots of folks still talk about Ninja being terrible. Some of them proudly talk about using them as food. I wonder if folks just hate them cause they are a promo. An example of subconsciously not respecting what we don't "earn". I'm all for it when I'm not giving advice here. I need more silliness like this so I can compete in Plat more easily.

Dec 31, 2021, 01:1612/31/21
12/19/19

Lol.  Ninja is frigging awesome. I would use him if he was in a speedo. 

Aleks is no where near that.p

Dec 31, 2021, 01:1812/31/21
01/04/20
Trips

Lol.  Ninja is frigging awesome. I would use him if he was in a speedo. 

Aleks is no where near that.p

Oh, have you used him?

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 31, 2021, 01:2212/31/21
12/30/20
WastelandKnight

To get a better def down champ than Aleks you don't need to pull 1 specific epic though, there's a list of 10 epics that do the job better. One of them is even a magic affinity High Elf so he's not even remarkable in his faction.

A maxed out Aleksandr is playable, that's not the issue, the problem is that he's not worth the top end potions and books it takes to max him out. If he were a rare I'd say he's great and definitely worth building, if he were an epic he'd be ok if you didn't have one of the many better options, as a legendary he's just weak for his rarity and costly to build. Meanwhile Warmaiden is cheap to build and a proven champ who's been running Faction Wars, Arena and level 20 dungeons for years. Right now she's winning the rares-only Spider tournament for me. Warmaiden isn't even the best comparison IMO, an unbooked Aleksandr is really competing against Fleshmonger. They're both 75% chance for AOE decrease defense and magic affinity.

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/608528_stuck-on-griffin-50-normal/

out of curiousity are you still stuck on normal DT? would griffin (and other levels for that matter) have been easier with more damage tied into your AoE decrease defense champion?

furthermore, now you have a 60 Warmaiden and pulled those epics you were looking for when she could've done the job at 50. 

Dec 31, 2021, 02:0812/31/21
01/04/20

If anyone has any requests for team composition please let me know, I'll record whatever you want with Aleks

Dec 31, 2021, 02:1012/31/21
08/17/21

I'm not exactly sure how that is relevant but yes, I didn't understand Celestial Griffin's mechanics initially and yes, I beat that boss after getting masteries done. Now I farm Griffin for forge materials to use during CVC. If I was going to book a leggo for Griffin it would be Ninja not Aleksandr, if that's what you're asking.

As far as Warmaiden goes I'm very happy to have her at 60. If you want decrease def in Faction Wars the only other reliable option is Armina and her base stats aren't really any better. Warmaiden is in Tag Team Arena, Hydra and she plays in rare-only areas like secret rooms and dungeon tournaments. 

Dec 31, 2021, 03:5912/31/21
12/19/19
dthorne04

https://plarium.com/forum/en/raid-shadow-legends/674_game-discussion/608528_stuck-on-griffin-50-normal/

out of curiousity are you still stuck on normal DT? would griffin (and other levels for that matter) have been easier with more damage tied into your AoE decrease defense champion?

furthermore, now you have a 60 Warmaiden and pulled those epics you were looking for when she could've done the job at 50. 

I see no use for Aleks in hard DT, and yes I've completed all rotations.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 31, 2021, 04:0312/31/21
02/24/19
Trips

I see no use for Aleks in hard DT, and yes I've completed all rotations.

Why would you? THIS was your team in July:

i

I can only imagine how much stronger your champs and account is now.