All Categories

Is tag arena just for whales?

Is tag arena just for whales?

Search
Comments
Dec 4, 2021, 18:4712/04/21
05/26/20
kramaswamy.kr

That is absolutely not true, at least as far as team powers are concerned - although team power is a terrible indicator of overall strength, I do feel the need to correct this. Perhaps at S4/G1, but at S2/S3, average team powers are closer to around 500-700K.

I said S4 to G1, and it is absolutely true. I've been stuck in S4 for months and I'm at the mission for G1. 

Team power is not the absolute indicator of success, but it can be a useful factor when weighed against team composition.

The biggest problem is the amount of meta arena champs in those teams. One doesn't have to be a professional analyst to determine that those accounts are whales with the occasional lucky F2P/ low spender in there.

Sure there are F2P/low Spenders with multiple Duchess, Siphi, Hegemon, etc….but not at the frequency the S4 backlog reflects.

They need to drastically increase the tier limits to better reflect the power/champ distribution of the player base. It's an easy fix for a problem that's just going to get worse over time. That one change is all that is needed. No reason to break Tag with the shenanigans they did on Classic.

Either Plarium is just ignorant of the issue or it's their intention to try and open wallets by frustrating their player base. Either way, it's not good.

Dec 4, 2021, 19:1512/04/21
11/16/20

I've been fighting to stay in just s1 for a a few weeks, for non other than cvc points, and now tag tournaments.

I want to like tag but the competition is very frustrating. I will probably take my own advice and just tank back to b1 and never put defense back in so I don't have to waste more than 5 minutes a day in tag.

The brackets are obviously way to small.

Dec 6, 2021, 07:5712/06/21
04/02/19

S4 to G1 is an absolute block - it's not even a realistic paywall, I am S3, I can get to S4 and have stayed there for a while but I have no chance of G1.  My defence is good, nearly 800 power with the usual suspects in it, I rarely get attacked

That's the problem for progression, compared to whales my defence is small fry, and if all I have to do to stay in S3 or S4 is stay in yellow so they can to stay in Gold

Plarium need to take out the S4 - G1 mission or rework the tag arena