All Categories

Is tag arena just for whales?

Search
Dec 3, 2021, 02:4912/03/21
01/12/20

I know i suck at pvp but it seems like tag arena is for whales.  I get into bronze 2 and then it turns into a brick wall i cant get past.  Literally, i lose every battle in bronze 2. I win every time in bronze 1 and i get to bronze 2 easy peasy and then get sent back to bronze 1 the next week. At this rate i wont get drexthar until next spring/summer. 

I know i suck at pvp but i like to think i should be doing better this.

Not putting up screenshots, just venting a little but mostly i want to understand why tag arena is this hard.

Views
Comments
Comments
harleQuinnModerator
Dec 3, 2021, 03:0812/03/21
02/24/19

I don't think so. But it required a large effort to 6 star, mastery, farm gear and level gear for what is basically 2  additional Gold level arena teams.

I think 3v3 isn't something to focus on until after you are 1 keying NM CB at the earliest, or even top chesting UNM somehow. If you get there before that, or are trying to, I think you should refocus back on progressing the things you need to that will get you to top chests on CB.

harleQuinnModerator
Dec 3, 2021, 03:0912/03/21
02/24/19

All that being said, putting up screens and getting feedback is the best and easiest way to know what to do to move forward and progress in the game.

Dec 3, 2021, 03:1112/03/21
01/04/20

As a rather large (retired) whale, even I struggle in 3v3. I know plenty for f2p that are higher rank than I am, like @harleQuinn 

Dec 3, 2021, 03:5212/03/21
11/16/20

Focus on yorlue classic arena team, I believe you were having trouble with that already, so trying to put together three teams is going to be a real problem for some time.

The best strategy for tag arena is to leave single food champs for each of your defense teams and sit at the bottom on bronze. You will notice that you will have nothing but full pages of people doing the same making it fast and easy to burn every single key and collect gold bars.

I wouldn't bother pushing for a long while.

Dec 3, 2021, 04:0112/03/21
Dec 3, 2021, 04:02(edited)
01/12/20

Thanks for the feedback. Right now im getting top chest from nm with 2 or 3 keys.  Better gear should improve that. I get up to 24 or so turns and then its all over. Team is vizier, scyl, frozen banshee or nethril, apothecary and stag knight. 

When i get serious with tag ill do a lengthy thread.  I was just curious about how hard tag arena is.

Back to the coal mine of dragon 25 for me!

dthorne04Moderator
Dec 3, 2021, 06:2012/03/21
12/30/20
harleQuinn

I don't think so. But it required a large effort to 6 star, mastery, farm gear and level gear for what is basically 2  additional Gold level arena teams.

I think 3v3 isn't something to focus on until after you are 1 keying NM CB at the earliest, or even top chesting UNM somehow. If you get there before that, or are trying to, I think you should refocus back on progressing the things you need to that will get you to top chests on CB.

"2 additional gold level teams" is basically the most apt way I've seen the 3v3 experience summed up. It's gonna take some time, effort and some silver. 

If I remember correctly you probably do have a reasonable roster to grind up in 3v3 Frederick, but can you repost in this thread for convenience? 

Dec 3, 2021, 11:0112/03/21
09/14/20

3vs3 is much harder than classic arena. While it has been said already that you need essentially 3 GoldIV classic arena teams to advance, the major problem of 3vs3 is the drastic restriction of places in upper echolons of the Tag team arena.

It may seem that therefor it is for whales only because they could possibly reach it quicker, but essentially it needs a much higher degree of working teams than classic arena. With the increased number of players over the lifetime of Raid, they should also adapt the number of players allowed in higher tiers.

Dec 3, 2021, 13:0512/03/21
06/25/20

Higher levels of tag is absolutely only for whales. The biggest thing you'll need to do is actually build three legit teams. Pretend it's like you're fighting in classic arena three times - if the team you're fielding wouldn't win in classic, it won't win in 3v3.

Dec 3, 2021, 15:2012/03/21
04/02/19
kramaswamy.kr

Higher levels of tag is absolutely only for whales. The biggest thing you'll need to do is actually build three legit teams. Pretend it's like you're fighting in classic arena three times - if the team you're fielding wouldn't win in classic, it won't win in 3v3.

good point but it's not true for progression - because of the crazy system of promotion and the whales occupying the spaces there will be a block on movement - S4 - G1 is just about impossible and will get worse with empowerment, remember you're playing solidly defensive teams that whales build and 3 x G4 classic won't touch them

Dec 3, 2021, 15:2312/03/21
02/06/21
evilized6666

Focus on yorlue classic arena team, I believe you were having trouble with that already, so trying to put together three teams is going to be a real problem for some time.

The best strategy for tag arena is to leave single food champs for each of your defense teams and sit at the bottom on bronze. You will notice that you will have nothing but full pages of people doing the same making it fast and easy to burn every single key and collect gold bars.

I wouldn't bother pushing for a long while.

I would happily do this if i didnt have to get up to g1 for that lizard guy

Dec 3, 2021, 16:0512/03/21
06/25/20
forrestleigh

good point but it's not true for progression - because of the crazy system of promotion and the whales occupying the spaces there will be a block on movement - S4 - G1 is just about impossible and will get worse with empowerment, remember you're playing solidly defensive teams that whales build and 3 x G4 classic won't touch them

I'm not exactly sure what your point is? I never said anything about it being a good thing that higher levels of tag is for whales, I just said it's a fact.

I'm 100% FTP, and atm I'm trying to get the Silver 4 level of tag arena to continue my missions. I think that could very well be where my mission chain ends, though - I doubt I have the resources to hit gold 1, unless I get supremely lucky with champ pulls.

Dec 3, 2021, 16:4812/03/21
08/01/21

It's pretty tough to get into silver.  I'm not a top-tier player, but I've been at this since October 2019, intermittently as a medium-spender, and Bronze III is an absolute brick wall.  My win rate at that level is, to ballpark it, about 20-25%, tops. 

Dec 3, 2021, 18:5212/03/21
01/12/20
dthorne04

"2 additional gold level teams" is basically the most apt way I've seen the 3v3 experience summed up. It's gonna take some time, effort and some silver. 

If I remember correctly you probably do have a reasonable roster to grind up in 3v3 Frederick, but can you repost in this thread for convenience? 

i

i

i

i

Dec 3, 2021, 23:2912/03/21
05/26/20

Short Answer  is  yes.  You  can  get  good  and  climb to a  certain  extent,  but  S4  to G1  is  full  of  whale accounts  because  the tier  limits are way too small.  Average team  is  800k power,  with some  over  1Mil.  Most have  multiple  copies of the meta arena  champs  and  the   gear  to  back it  up. This  isn't  the  top  of Tag.  This Is  S4. 

It's  an  easy  fix, but it  is  likely  an  intentional  paywall.

Dec 3, 2021, 23:4912/03/21
06/25/20
Rauthma

Short Answer  is  yes.  You  can  get  good  and  climb to a  certain  extent,  but  S4  to G1  is  full  of  whale accounts  because  the tier  limits are way too small.  Average team  is  800k power,  with some  over  1Mil.  Most have  multiple  copies of the meta arena  champs  and  the   gear  to  back it  up. This  isn't  the  top  of Tag.  This Is  S4. 

That is absolutely not true, at least as far as team powers are concerned - although team power is a terrible indicator of overall strength, I do feel the need to correct this. Perhaps at S4/G1, but at S2/S3, average team powers are closer to around 500-700K.

Dec 3, 2021, 23:5412/03/21
01/12/20

I can attest to the power numbers, getting beat by a team half your team's power is quite embarrassing. 

Dec 4, 2021, 06:5612/04/21
Rauthma

For you, at me S2 over 800k teams with at least 340 speeds. Most hated playing part for me this 3v3 arena, and cant remove the last heroes from team, so if anyone set a team, he cant leave ever.

Dec 4, 2021, 11:3212/04/21
10/15/20
Deleted

For you, at me S2 over 800k teams with at least 340 speeds. Most hated playing part for me this 3v3 arena, and cant remove the last heroes from team, so if anyone set a team, he cant leave ever.

Technically you have to put at least one hero in each defensive team, that's true.

i

Dec 4, 2021, 11:4212/04/21
Dec 4, 2021, 11:42(edited)
01/09/21

As others have said above, short answer is yes - you either have to be a whale or play a long (LONG) time or have your priorities in the game completely misaligned. 

I've spent more money on this game that I care to admit, played  for 11 months 24/7 (literaly, even when I don't play the game, the autoclicker runs in the background). I sit comfortably in Gold IV Classic, 2 key UNM, working my way to the top floor on Hard DT and I can't get out of Bronze in 3v3.

The good thing is that 3v3 is a complete joke and waste of time when it comes to progression. You can just set your defense to 1 star and cruise in red. You still get your gold bars, you still complete your advanced quests, you even get some rewards from 3x3 events. And the best thing is, unlike other parts of the game, this won't take you more than 5-10 minutes per day, so happy days. 

Don't worry about it and keep focusing on CB, DT and FW.

Dec 4, 2021, 16:1812/04/21
11/29/20
shadowtroop4

As others have said above, short answer is yes - you either have to be a whale or play a long (LONG) time or have your priorities in the game completely misaligned. 

I've spent more money on this game that I care to admit, played  for 11 months 24/7 (literaly, even when I don't play the game, the autoclicker runs in the background). I sit comfortably in Gold IV Classic, 2 key UNM, working my way to the top floor on Hard DT and I can't get out of Bronze in 3v3.

The good thing is that 3v3 is a complete joke and waste of time when it comes to progression. You can just set your defense to 1 star and cruise in red. You still get your gold bars, you still complete your advanced quests, you even get some rewards from 3x3 events. And the best thing is, unlike other parts of the game, this won't take you more than 5-10 minutes per day, so happy days. 

Don't worry about it and keep focusing on CB, DT and FW.

Until you start chasing the lizard, then tag arena becomes a brick wall, just like classic arena was stopping progression for people working towards Arbitor.

It's going to stop my progression, I don't mind cause plenty of other content to focus on, but I just look at the future missions I won't be able to do and I see it as a loss for Plarium.  For example, I'll never have to beat the higher secret rooms of DT Hard since I'm being locked out by Silver/Gold tag, so I won't have to sink a ton of resources into single use rares.

Gotta think about the positive sides of being stopped, they're doing me a favor at their expense. :)