All Categories

Why is the shard mercy system the same for void and ancient shards?

Why is the shard mercy system the same for void and ancient shards?

Search
Comments
Nov 4, 2021, 13:4111/04/21
12/19/19
WhyPlay

Yes, hence this thread.  Since void's are harder to get, it also doesn't make sense for the mercy system to be the same - argument is that the summoning is the same.  Yes, which leads to the next question - why is the summoning the same?  Void shards are 5x more expensive than the ancient shards - the summoning should reflect that.

This would make sense if Plarium wanted lower sales of Void shards, and I would love better summoning rates too but I am guessing this is counter to the current business model... or any potential business model.  

Nov 4, 2021, 15:5311/04/21
09/14/19
Trips

This would make sense if Plarium wanted lower sales of Void shards, and I would love better summoning rates too but I am guessing this is counter to the current business model... or any potential business model.  

I disagree - change the summoning rates to be better for void sales - more people would be willing to buy them since it's already more expensive to buy a void shard than an ancient shard.  Instead of summonning 200, summon 100 before chances go up - which is still not reflective of the price ratio.

Nov 4, 2021, 23:5211/04/21
Nov 4, 2021, 23:55(edited)
06/20/19
WhyPlay

Yes, hence this thread.  Since void's are harder to get, it also doesn't make sense for the mercy system to be the same - argument is that the summoning is the same.  Yes, which leads to the next question - why is the summoning the same?  Void shards are 5x more expensive than the ancient shards - the summoning should reflect that.

Another thing to consider, yes, voids are harder to obtain, but there are perhaps 3 x as many non-void champs as void (based on void being one of four affinities).  So if people were to obtain as many void shards as ancients, most people would have a much higher percentage of available void champs thenn non-void champs.  I think that does in itself make the shards more valuable.  And if a void shard had greater odds of summoning a leggo or epic than ancients, almost everyone would be void epic/leggo heavy.  I'd suspect maybe 1/2 of everyone's champ collection on average would be void, if not more.

Nov 5, 2021, 12:4711/05/21
04/29/20

Seems Void legos are not for mortals...pay-to-win...

Nov 6, 2021, 01:1211/06/21
06/20/19
rigden

Seems Void legos are not for mortals...pay-to-win...

I don't know.  I've pulled 4 void shards from CB in just this month so far, and it's only the 5th day.

Nov 15, 2021, 16:4611/15/21
09/14/19
Angwil

Another thing to consider, yes, voids are harder to obtain, but there are perhaps 3 x as many non-void champs as void (based on void being one of four affinities).  So if people were to obtain as many void shards as ancients, most people would have a much higher percentage of available void champs thenn non-void champs.  I think that does in itself make the shards more valuable.  And if a void shard had greater odds of summoning a leggo or epic than ancients, almost everyone would be void epic/leggo heavy.  I'd suspect maybe 1/2 of everyone's champ collection on average would be void, if not more.

I don't think it would work that way.  If a Void Legendary was 0.01% chance to get, it wouldn't matter how many other champs there are (assuming more than 0 :-) )  And, the fact that we pull so many dupes would support that :-)

Nov 16, 2021, 21:2011/16/21
Nov 16, 2021, 21:21(edited)
10/08/17

Fact: Void Legos are the most powerful in the game!

They need to be the hardest to get and that explains why void shards are most expensive (so to speak)

The problem is new players think void are same as ancient.........I stopped buying void shards when I realized how valuable and rare they are. I still buy sacred shards but never  buy void shards. Void Legos are more valuable than any sacred

As soon as you realize that (as it took me awhile to). You will be wiser to this game

Nov 18, 2021, 12:5711/18/21
01/05/21

When do you guys made fragments for Slitherbrute??

Its impossible to get that guy?!

harleQuinnModerator
Nov 18, 2021, 13:0211/18/21
02/24/19
iggy12

When do you guys made fragments for Slitherbrute??

Its impossible to get that guy?!

Yeah. Getting all the Rhazin champs are a struggle for sure. We were all there at one point or another.  :(

I promise you'll get it at some point.

Side note, can we even imagine how  people that accidentally fed one of the Rhazin fusion champs felt after realizing they needed it for Rhazin. 0_0