All Categories

Feedback after 120 days

Feedback after 120 days

Search
Apr 21, 2021, 00:4304/21/21
11/13/13

Feedback after 120 days

Hello,

After having spent some time in RAID, I'd like to make a few suggestions.

General...

• In-game guide would be immensely helpful. What is Fear? What is the difference between Veil and Perfect Veil? For new players, you dont know exactly what these abilities do, so you have to Google them. The in-game guide should explain what all these abilities do. 
  • Doom Tower Keys can stack past their max, but Crypt Keys can't. Please decide which mechanic to go with and be consistent. It's needless tedium to have to remember this when you are doing your advanced quests.
  • Please consider revamping your in-game modals/pop-ups, just in general, but especially for purchases. I know you guys are a freemium game, but having to play whack-a-mole with your pop-ups every time i start the game is not very fun. Please consider a single modal window which maybe contains a slider where you can scroll through the different offers (maybe left to right), but you just need to close that one window once, and that's it, it stays closed.
  • When earning Tournament points, you are shown an earnings amount each time you do something that earns you points (+100 Tournament Points). But for Events, you have to constantly check the Event board. It would be nice to also see +Event Points the same way.
  • Also, for tournaments that have ended, the area you have to tap to click off the window (and not go into the leaderboards) is really small and if you just aren't super accurate with your finger, instead of closing it, will open up the leaderboard.
  • Gear upgrade chances are really vague and misleading. Failing 4 gear upgrades back-to-back with a "High" success rate is not really what I would consider "High". I would really like to know the percentage here instead of just a vague definition.
  • Desired Feature: Instant Battles. I really, really wish instant battles were a thing you could unlock for each Campaign stage/dungeon. Other games very similar to RAID offer this exact feature. One of those games is Age of Magic. In this game, you have to first 3-star a stage, and you also have to use a limited resource per instant run. Maybe you could offer these in the shop, or purchase with gems, as a rare drop in campaigns/clan boss etc. But having to watch every single battle, even at 2x speed can become quite tiring. Instant runs are exactly what they sound like. You tap "Instant Battle" and you are immediately taken to the Victory screen where you see your rewards/XP. Also, the option to do multiple instant runs would be nice. In Age of Magic, you can choose how many instant battles you want to do, and if you have enough resource, you'll instantly complete that many fights.
  • Missions: 120+ days and I am still not in Silver 1 so I cannot progress in the missions. I know I am not alone and many people also struggle with this. The problem is, you can't easily progress in Arena as a free-to-play player because others who spend money have really insane teams. So to me, you are punishing players for not spending money. Missions should be accomplished without competing with other players who are spending money. Maybe that means splitting up Solo Missions and PVP missions with separate rewards for each. But its not fun to feel stuck for months, simply because others have spent money and I haven't.

Gear ...

1. Legendary items are rare but don't actually do anything special, it just means all substats have been identified. The "best gear" is actually 6 stars, because each stat and substat are the highest values. 
  2. You have to spend silver to remove gear, and that feels bad, especially as a new player where you don't even know what you should be wearing, or how a set will actually perform in battle until you put it on and go fight something. As you can imagine, it can get costly when trying to test out different sets, just because you simply don't know until you go try it. And then you are slapped with a huge silver cost for simply not knowing exactly how a set will work - it just feels bad and punishing.
  • Re-do gear the following way:
  1. Legendary items should always be 6 star items. This might mean they only drop after certain stages in the campaign/dungeons/Clan Boss. Legendaries are rare, so they should feel special/powerful. 
  2. Remove silver cost for unequipping items. I know you want to discourage gear swapping, so instead, implement a cooldown after it's been removed, you can't equip the item(s) on anyone until a certain amount of time has passed. 

Arena ...

• People are deliberately keeping their speed lead at a lower level so that their overall power is less, so that they can bait lower powered teams to attack them and win. This should be an easy fix. Just reward XP in Arena fights so that Champions will eventually level up, and that sort of cheap tactics will hopefully phase out.
  • I really want the ability to NOT attack someone, or a "Skip Turn" button, because I should not be required to attack someone if, for instance, they have a Counter-attack buff and I don't want to attack them. It seems odd that this isn't already in the game. Requiring some kind of attack feels bad and takes away freedom / control, and makes those abilities that much more powerful.

Thank you for taking the time to read all that! Please let me know if you have any questions or have something to add.

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 21, 2021, 01:2004/21/21
12/19/19

+1 for Instant Battles

Apr 21, 2021, 01:2104/21/21
11/13/13
Trips

+1 for Instant Battles

Cheers!

Apr 21, 2021, 02:3704/21/21
11/29/20

one note on legendary items, having all the substats shown is huge when rolling your gear up.  the ability to get 3 speed rolls for example is massive, which can only happen on epic/legendary gear, so it's definitely special.

i completely agree with everything else though, 143 days in.

i spend a fair amount of time on 3rd party web pages reading about buffs/debuffs, seems like i should be able to click on them in game and have it show a description of what it does.

Apr 21, 2021, 06:0104/21/21
09/29/16

Forge, you said it all and you have my support. I'm a bit sceptical about implementation, Plarium is a bit deaf in this section... A lot of suggestions were made in the past months and I don't see very many in the game, if any.

Apr 21, 2021, 06:3504/21/21
04/05/21
Forge

Cheers!

OOHHH YESSSS I played Star wars galaxy of heroes once and yessssssss

Apr 21, 2021, 06:3904/21/21
02/13/21

Agree with pretty much all of those suggestions.  They would be a great addition to the game

With regards to the silver costs to remove gear and the impact to newer players, I actually think Plarium is already addressing this by making it free to unequip gear for the first 3 weeks.  I think this is new but remember reading it somewhere or hearing about it on one of the content creators videos.  Still not 100% where we need it, but a great start for new players.

Also, oddly enough I actually quite like the current gear system where theres both stars and rarity.  A legendary 1 star gear should always be better than a common 1 star gear, but won't be better than a common 6 star gear.  I find this helps a lot in the random nature of equipment with everyone striving for the perfect stuff.

Apr 21, 2021, 07:2904/21/21
10/15/20

All sensible options, and yes most games like this- once you have 3 starred them you have instant battle as an option

6 star isnt always more important than being legendary by the way

If i have 5 star speed boots with a double speed roll for instance i might wear them over the 6 star common / uncommon

Apr 21, 2021, 09:0904/21/21
Apr 21, 2021, 09:12(edited)
10/15/20
  • In-game guide: 👍
  • Crypt keys stack: 👍
  • Event-points: Yes 👍. And as the game counts them anyway it shouldn't be to hard just to show them after the fight is done.
  • Stuck in Bronze Arena: Allready a "fix" in-game: High Khatun, Spirithost, Warmaiden, Starterchamp. Newbies, that have their starterchamp at lvl 40, may struggle vs. lvl 60 champs in Bronze 1. But you are 120 days in the game. You should have made a team that is in silver.
  • Legendary items don't have the substats only shown, they have all substats. Bringing a rare item to lvl 4 enhances a substat, to lvl 8 enhances a substat, to lvl 12 brings a new substat. Bringing a legendary item to lvl 12 enhances a substat instead. Your rare item may get speed 7 upgraded to lvl 12, your legendary item may get speed (3) 21.
  • removing silver for gear change: I don't know why everybody is so focused on that. I don't bother about that single item on the "problems with silver"-list. They should just give us much more silver as reward. I did a faction crypt lvl 10 right now. 0 (!) silver as reward.
  • Definetly no "skip turn" button. Counterattack would be quite useless. There are ways to deal with counterattack allready: 1. Deal so much damage that they are dead and can't counter. 2. Stun/freeze/daze. 3. Block damage on your own champs, they may do their counterattack. 4. Buff removing/stealing. 5. Get faster and kill or stun/freeze/daze them or block cooldown skills before they can set up their counterattack.
OracleCommunity Manager
Apr 21, 2021, 09:1404/21/21
Apr 21, 2021, 09:15(edited)
03/02/21

Hi, Forge! Thank you for the constructive suggestions!

I will communicate those ideas to the game-design department. However, I should also notice why some particular points are unlikely to be implemented in the near future.

• introducing instant battles is problematic because it takes away the necessity to optimize your teams for the fast completion of a stage. This is an important aspect of the gameplay right now
  • spending Silver on swapping gear is a crucial point for the in-game economy at the moment. Changing it to some cooldown is not quite the same. There are many things to consider, and Silver is used for many other activities right now. This allows setting some balance between those activities. Using cooldown might severely increase the time that would be necessary to spend in the game. In my opinion, one generally doesn't need to spend too much Silver just to test the basic mechanics of some piece of gear and to see whether it satisfies one's needs. Even a beginner can swap some pieces back and forth in order to see the results of that for low-level champions and to test them in low-level stages

About Arena - yes, we are currently revising it, especially on lower Leagues. More information will follow soon.

Regarding other points, again, we have to discuss those with developers.

Thank you for the feedback!

Apr 21, 2021, 16:1004/21/21
May 3, 2021, 04:15(edited)
11/13/13
Oracle

I will communicate those ideas to the game-design department. However, I should also notice why some particular points are unlikely to be implemented in the near future.

• introducing instant battles is problematic because it takes away the necessity to optimize your teams for the fast completion of a stage. This is an important aspect of the gameplay right now
  • spending Silver on swapping gear is a crucial point for the in-game economy at the moment. Changing it to some cooldown is not quite the same. There are many things to consider, and Silver is used for many other activities right now. This allows setting some balance between those activities. Using cooldown might severely increase the time that would be necessary to spend in the game. In my opinion, one generally doesn't need to spend too much Silver just to test the basic mechanics of some piece of gear and to see whether it satisfies one's needs. Even a beginner can swap some pieces back and forth in order to see the results of that for low-level champions and to test them in low-level stages

About Arena - yes, we are currently revising it, especially on lower Leagues. More information will follow soon.

Hello and thanks for the response! 

Yes, I realize that, and that is why they should be limited. I am not suggesting you could do instant battles all the time, whenever you want. Sorry, maybe that wasn't clear in my original post. These would need to be limited, either through a hard cap (like you do with multi-battles), or with a rare resource. Players would not be able to do an unlimited number instant battles. This would allow players to use their instant battles strategically, and still require normal battles a vast majority of the time. So it does not take away the need to optimize teams, most of the time.

I respectfully disagree with "one generally doesn't need to spend too much Silver just to test the basic mechanics of some piece of gear ". How many sets are there in the game? You would become poor if you wanted to test each one, especially as the cost increases for higher rank items. Keep in mind, some are 2 piece sets, some are 4 piece sets. So you aren't just removing one piece here and one piece there, you are removing several at a time, if your goal is to test each set to see how it performs, and then again to test another set. This is further compounded by mixing and matching sets with other sets, ie, Savage Set with Cruel Set, and then Savage Set with Fatal Set so you can compare how Savage Set interacts with both those sets. And then maybe you want to go back again, but instead of Savage Set, you now want to test Destroy set. Is this making sense?

As for the silver cost to remove gear and its impact on the in-game economy, I realize what you are saying. However, silver is already used in almost every aspect of the game. Also as an example, I mistakenly thought the Frost set froze enemies I attacked, rather than freeze enemies attacking me, and I geared a whole champion because of that only to find out "Oh wait, it doesn't work that way, great, now I have to spend all this silver to re-gear him". Do you see what I mean here? Because of that experience, I still have not tried most of the sets simply because silver is so important, i dont want to waste it. Here is a list of things that you spend silver on currently (I might have missed something).

• Gear upgrades
  • Enchanting
  • Crafting
  • Leveling up champs in tavern
  • Ranking up champs in tavern
  • Skilling up champs in tavern
  • Mixing Potions
  • Summoning Champions from Portal
  • Market Purchases
  • Unlocking champion slots
  • Unlocking vault slots
  • And on top of all that...removing gear
  • And, summoning a fusion?? After all that work to get the fragments, it cost 1 million silver to actually summon the fusion...ridiculous

Maybe, instead, you guys could make some sort of "Training Grounds" where you are free to test all the sets in the game against the different Dungeon encounters? I can use my champions, go into the Training Grounds, and pick from the entire database of gear sets, and go fight Dragon, or Spider, etc. No rewards or anything, this would be just to allow the player to test those different sets on their champs to see how they would perform. It could help fine-tune your build, or just experiment.

There just needs to be an easier way to test gear sets in the game because there's so many, and because its costly/difficult to do so if you wanted to test each one. Yes, I could go read a build guide somewhere but that shouldn't be encouraged by in-game mechanics, the game should encourage you to play around with the different gear sets, not punish you for that.

I hope this is making some sense, thanks again!

Apr 21, 2021, 20:2904/21/21
Apr 21, 2021, 20:31(edited)
11/13/13
Skadi
  • In-game guide: 👍
  • Crypt keys stack: 👍
  • Event-points: Yes 👍. And as the game counts them anyway it shouldn't be to hard just to show them after the fight is done.
  • Stuck in Bronze Arena: Allready a "fix" in-game: High Khatun, Spirithost, Warmaiden, Starterchamp. Newbies, that have their starterchamp at lvl 40, may struggle vs. lvl 60 champs in Bronze 1. But you are 120 days in the game. You should have made a team that is in silver.
  • Legendary items don't have the substats only shown, they have all substats. Bringing a rare item to lvl 4 enhances a substat, to lvl 8 enhances a substat, to lvl 12 brings a new substat. Bringing a legendary item to lvl 12 enhances a substat instead. Your rare item may get speed 7 upgraded to lvl 12, your legendary item may get speed (3) 21.
  • removing silver for gear change: I don't know why everybody is so focused on that. I don't bother about that single item on the "problems with silver"-list. They should just give us much more silver as reward. I did a faction crypt lvl 10 right now. 0 (!) silver as reward.
  • Definetly no "skip turn" button. Counterattack would be quite useless. There are ways to deal with counterattack allready: 1. Deal so much damage that they are dead and can't counter. 2. Stun/freeze/daze. 3. Block damage on your own champs, they may do their counterattack. 4. Buff removing/stealing. 5. Get faster and kill or stun/freeze/daze them or block cooldown skills before they can set up their counterattack.

My original point of all this wasn't "help I'm stuck in Bronze", but more of the fact that Missions are tied to Arena progression, and it feels bad to get stuck for months because you haven't really been focusing on Arena, because you know that other players are spending lots of money (which is clear) and you are not.

Again, my whole point was, please split up missions for Solo and PVP, so that at least it gives new players a chance to work on solo missions separately, and not be held back by Arena if they aren't ready to do that yet.

Apr 21, 2021, 20:4904/21/21
Apr 21, 2021, 20:49(edited)
02/29/20

Yes,  I  agree  that  instant  battles  would  be  a  life  saver,  and  that  they  arent  realistic.  What  if  we  get  a  X5  or  at  least  X4  (even  X3  would  be  an  improvement)  speed  options?  That  would  dramatically  reduce  time  issues  and  allow  for  more  game  areas  to  be  added  without  having  too  much.

I  would  also  like  to  add  one  more  thing.  However  many  crypt  keys  you  have,  you  should  get  that  amount  of  multi  battles  for  that  crypt.  (Just  like  in  Doom  Tower.)

Apr 22, 2021, 11:1004/22/21
09/29/16

Must repeat: manualy upgrading gear is a tedious, time consuming task that is needlesly done as it is now. I guess the programer(s) expected that I would ecstaticaly wait every time what kind of substat will pop-up... Do it like selling items: I will upgrade to level 8 this one and this one and this one. 

Apr 22, 2021, 11:1204/22/21
04/05/21
[V]Destroyer39

Yes,  I  agree  that  instant  battles  would  be  a  life  saver,  and  that  they  arent  realistic.  What  if  we  get  a  X5  or  at  least  X4  (even  X3  would  be  an  improvement)  speed  options?  That  would  dramatically  reduce  time  issues  and  allow  for  more  game  areas  to  be  added  without  having  too  much.

I  would  also  like  to  add  one  more  thing.  However  many  crypt  keys  you  have,  you  should  get  that  amount  of  multi  battles  for  that  crypt.  (Just  like  in  Doom  Tower.)

YESSSSSS X4 is so necessary

Apr 22, 2021, 16:5304/22/21
11/13/13

Another feature that is needed. A table showing how many potions a champ needs to ascend at each rank. You dont know unless you happen to have a champ at that rank to see how much it would cost. But for events/tournaments, I want to know how many I need to farm before the event starts. I have to Google this information. But having a table in the game would make it easier.

Also I just wanted to add another scenario for "Skip Turn". 

You are fighting in the dungeons and something pops a Block Damage buff. You have champs that decrease turn meter on their a1. Decrease turn meter will still work against the enemy here, but you dont want to decrease their turn meter, because that just delays the block damage buff further and just adds unnecessary time to the run. If your other abilities are on cooldown, you have no choice, you HAVE to attack them with your a1.

It just seems silly to me that you HAVE to attack, with one ability or another. There ought to be a Skip Turn button.

Not having the choice to skip turn, it just takes away player choice/freedom. 

Apr 26, 2021, 15:5304/26/21
11/13/13

Also: Sometimes when running dungeons you get 1 brew as the reward. I am fine with getting 3-4 mystery shards, or a piece of gear, but one brew seems a bit... underwhelming. Especially since that higher level dungeons cost more energy. I mean if it was gear + 1 brew, or 3-4 shards + 1 brew, that would fine. But a whole run where all you get is 1 brew is just not really worth it.

Apr 27, 2021, 02:3404/27/21
12/15/20
Forge

Also: Sometimes when running dungeons you get 1 brew as the reward. I am fine with getting 3-4 mystery shards, or a piece of gear, but one brew seems a bit... underwhelming. Especially since that higher level dungeons cost more energy. I mean if it was gear + 1 brew, or 3-4 shards + 1 brew, that would fine. But a whole run where all you get is 1 brew is just not really worth it.

THIS x1000.   i love running spider 18, my highest dungeon, and getting 1 brew.  i literally just want to shut the game down at that point.  7 minute fight, 16 or so energy, and i get 1 brew.  such a big 'fuck you' to the players it's not even funny

May 2, 2021, 15:2105/02/21
11/13/13

Also...

Level 15 potion dungeon and getting lessers 9/10 runs. This is quite infuriating. Please up the drop rate for greaters and superiors for higher level potion dungeons.

May 2, 2021, 17:3505/02/21
12/17/20
Oracle

Despite what you were told repeating a lie will not make it true. Solving the silver issue would simply allow EVERYONE to upgrade and change gear without endless grinding. If you have the gear you can upgrade it. Solving this problem will not magically give some players new gear. New and endgame players want this and here you talk ablout ballance... LOL

i guess you feel the need to meake a generic response(lie)

May 2, 2021, 19:3405/02/21
04/12/21

"Missions: 120+ days and I am still not in Silver 1 so I cannot progress in the missions. I know I am not alone and many people also struggle with this. The problem is, you can't easily progress in Arena as a free-to-play player because others who spend money have really insane teams. So to me, you are punishing players for not spending money. Missions should be accomplished without competing with other players who are spending money. Maybe that means splitting up Solo Missions and PVP missions with separate rewards for each. But its not fun to feel stuck for months, simply because others have spent money and I haven't. "

There is a longer discussion on this topic, mainly, are FTP players treated differently (e.g.  discriminated against) by the game? The answer was a resounding NO!!  The PTP option simply tends to give you an advantage of more shards or arttifact sets and it is not a tool to boost your % odds of getting stuff.  BTW, % odds as given by Plarium are not meant for any individual account, but for the game community as a whole, and whether or not the mercy system can be verified is anybody's guess.

You'll have to chew on that and see if you believe it.