All Categories

Champion Training Event Feedback - the point requirements for fragments are ridiculous!!!

Champion Training Event Feedback - the point requirements for fragments are ridiculous!!!

Search
Apr 16, 2021, 16:2204/16/21
05/29/19

Plarium, 

Who designed this fusion event?  I'm not talking about the champions, or even the 4 fragment summons into a traditional fusion.  I'm talking about the pacing, timing and requirements to acquire fragments of a champion (where in the past we could get decent rares or epics instead of useless fragments if we don't compelte the whole event).

Did you think about your player base at all, or just design a fusion event with the sole purpose of getting whales to spend more?  Since ALL fragements are REQUIRED from EVERY SINGLE EVENT, and given you put achieving those at ridiculous tiers and point-levels are we to understand that without paying for shards, energy, refills, etc., that this event is NOT POSSIBLE?  This is the key take-away from your players.

Plarium, you were beginning to show promise in listening to your players.  The quality of life changes were decent.  Most of us are enjoying either normal or hard Doom Tower.  You promoted, and we were excited for this event.  Many of us prepped for this event, saving brews, energy pots/refills, storing and leveling food champs, etc. - only to see the format and requirements.  Now most of us are upset.

Let's talk about the the fusion format - there is ZERO leeway to miss any fragments at all, and worst yet, the highest tier fragments needed are far-and-away higher than any previous events.  Way to ruin our excitement.  The pacing / timing of events are "odd", for example, having 2x Ancient summon-rates with Champion Chase instead of Summon Rush doesn't make sense unless the intent is for a "cash grab" either now or later during the Summon Rush.

You are squandering the good-will you were beginning to generate, and I'm hearing about "review bombing" in app-stores, players quitting (some of these you recently lured back only to lose them again now).

Lastly, beyond the fragment fusion event (that now seems near-impossible for regular folks), we're still waiting on the following:

1. Duplicate Champion System
  2. Free Gear Swap Day (you did this for new players, but not those who stick around?  Sigh)
  3. Recognizing / working on the Silver problem in the game (yes, there is a silver problem in the game)
  4. Recognizing / working on the "time-sink" problem where players HAVE to be logged in and active for 4 to 7 hours a day to complete the daily basics 
  5. A way to grind / earn BOOKS

I await your response.

Sincerely, 

Trieg - now one very irritated player

Views
Comments
Comments
Apr 16, 2021, 16:5604/16/21
06/25/20

They have, in the past, added more events when the likelihood of completing the fusion/fragment became evidently too low.

I'm hopeful they'll do the same this time, too. I, personally, will likely be able to accomplish this event, but I can absolutely see how players with weaker teams and/or less spare time would have major problems.

Apr 16, 2021, 17:0404/16/21
05/29/19
kramaswamy.kr

They have, in the past, added more events when the likelihood of completing the fusion/fragment became evidently too low.

I'm hopeful they'll do the same this time, too. I, personally, will likely be able to accomplish this event, but I can absolutely see how players with weaker teams and/or less spare time would have major problems.

I'm hopeful someone at Plarium comes to their senses and either extends the event, lowers some of the points required for fragments (not even a whole champion), or adds additional events (again through extending the overall event) to give a little leeway.  I'm okay with difficult, but not the "nigh-impossible without paying" model I see before me.

I refuse to spend a single US Dollar on this event just because of the format.

Apr 16, 2021, 17:3504/16/21
09/29/20

It's not just the training event.

The Arena event also. 455 points.

You get like 30 runs per day, if you have the time. Even with 100% winrate, that's just 120 wins over the 4days of the event. And for people who are stuck in bronze or silver, I would say there is a pretty high chance they don't have a 100% winrate.

I remember when Summoning used to be the hard part of fusions. Having like the equivalent of 100 Ancient shards stored up can be pretty tough. But now it seems like a joke compared to the other things.

I'm looking at past fusions's Training events: (listing only those over 5K)

Yoshi had 5 on 8250 and 10 at 8100

Brago had 10 shards at 10000 and 7500

Elegaius had 10 at 8350

The only other time the benchmark was over 10K was for Balthus (Epic for Pyxniel fusion) at 12750

But all those were skippable. The fact there is unskippable 12750 is just twisted. 

Apr 16, 2021, 17:3704/16/21
05/07/19

These fusions are becoming increasingly difficult to complete... and if you are a NON- Pay to Win player, forget about getting a top tier in the Tournament.  This game is becoming less and less fun to play.  It is becoming more of a fusterating grind.

Apr 16, 2021, 18:5804/16/21
04/14/20

For newer players, yes, this fusion is very tough. For veteran players who have some gems to spare, some shards from CB, some fusions/fragment champions prepared, a bunch of the free energy refills that we are getting almost daily in their inbox, it's doable enough. 

Also, it's absolutely a good thing that they put the champion chase during the 2x ancients, I don't know what you're on about. It's way better to pull ancients during a champion chase, when you get 250 points if you happen to get an epic or 500 for a lego, than during a summon rush when you only get the 10 points per ancient shard, regardless of what champion you get from it. Whereas sacreds are obviously better pulled during a summon rush and voids are sort of inbetween, can get you decent points in either. 

Apr 16, 2021, 19:3204/16/21
Apr 16, 2021, 19:44(edited)
05/29/19
L9753

For newer players, yes, this fusion is very tough. For veteran players who have some gems to spare, some shards from CB, some fusions/fragment champions prepared, a bunch of the free energy refills that we are getting almost daily in their inbox, it's doable enough. 

Also, it's absolutely a good thing that they put the champion chase during the 2x ancients, I don't know what you're on about. It's way better to pull ancients during a champion chase, when you get 250 points if you happen to get an epic or 500 for a lego, than during a summon rush when you only get the 10 points per ancient shard, regardless of what champion you get from it. Whereas sacreds are obviously better pulled during a summon rush and voids are sort of inbetween, can get you decent points in either. 

The Champ Chase during 2x incents players to STOP pulling shards once they hit the threshold needed for the fragments instead of continuing to pull during the increased rates.  It's also "better" to have stored up non-shard summons like un-pulled fragment fusions to achieve this, again being "counter" to pulling shards during the 2x event.

It would be better aligned to Summon Rush in my opinion.

Apr 16, 2021, 19:3604/16/21
02/13/21

You've said what needs to be said, and I have nothing to add.  I want Plarium to know that I totally agree with you. Angering players is a bad business move, you'll drive us away and cause us to spend less. 

Apr 16, 2021, 19:5704/16/21
03/23/21

The fusion champ is very difficult to achieve this time, to difficult to me. I'm gonna save my resources.

It is possible to get fusion or fragment champs as f2p if you don't waste resources. I got Yoshi last time. I skip this event and doing the next. 

Ceterum censeo, the ban of my main account should be undone, I didn't spam, the detection algorithm doesn't work. 

Apr 16, 2021, 20:5204/16/21
01/27/21

Yep, I'm pretty sure they didn't spent a single second thinking about newer to mid-game players when they designed this.

Apr 16, 2021, 21:2604/16/21
05/28/20

I don't even bother with these events now days.  They want people to spend so they raised the difficulty level to a point where newer players can't compete at all.  Good job of that, Plarium.  Keep up the work of making players mad at you.

Apr 16, 2021, 21:4804/16/21
Apr 16, 2021, 21:49(edited)
05/29/19
Roadbug

I don't even bother with these events now days.  They want people to spend so they raised the difficulty level to a point where newer players can't compete at all.  Good job of that, Plarium.  Keep up the work of making players mad at you.

And this is exactly the problem with player longevity / player-retention.  Their ad-cost driving cost-to-acquire new players must be higher, player retention based on their videos is low (as represented by their 2nd Anniversay player video stats).  Of 75 million player downloads, less that 1,000 have reached account-level 100, and in 17 months of play I have accomplished (as F2P / Low-spender - only buying Season Pass 1)

• Summoned 375 of 568 unique champs - putting me in the top 4.4% of all players
  • I can run all dungeons at max level (20 for Dragon, FK, Ice Golem, and Spider - and 15 for the potion keeps and Mino)
  • I'm usually in Gold IV arena - lately dropping down to Gold II or Gold III with the recent changes
  • I run NM and UNM clan-boss but don't yet have a team-wide counter-attack champion.  Still working on Unkillable team composition.
  • I do Doom Tower on normal - not hard

I understand not everything should be "easy" - but events should be "doable" without alienating the player base making F2P or low-spenders decide to quit.  This HURTS the game in the long run.

Apr 16, 2021, 22:0004/16/21
12/08/20

Total bs this event, nearly half of fragments for 2 champions are in summon rush and champion chase, even getting in top 2 of the rest of tournaments not making it possible, simply cash grab

Apr 16, 2021, 23:4904/16/21
09/19/20

~It would be something is the fusions were worth all the work, you expect a top tier champ but lets face it recent ones have been underwhelming. People seem to be forced to do them just in case they are made decent in the future....This is acutally horrific if you consider it.

Apr 16, 2021, 23:5204/16/21
09/19/20
Trieg

And this is exactly the problem with player longevity / player-retention.  Their ad-cost driving cost-to-acquire new players must be higher, player retention based on their videos is low (as represented by their 2nd Anniversay player video stats).  Of 75 million player downloads, less that 1,000 have reached account-level 100, and in 17 months of play I have accomplished (as F2P / Low-spender - only buying Season Pass 1)

• I can run all dungeons at max level (20 for Dragon, FK, Ice Golem, and Spider - and 15 for the potion keeps and Mino)
  • I'm usually in Gold IV arena - lately dropping down to Gold II or Gold III with the recent changes
  • I run NM and UNM clan-boss but don't yet have a team-wide counter-attack champion.  Still working on Unkillable team composition.

I understand not everything should be "easy" - but events should be "doable" without alienating the player base making F2P or low-spenders decide to quit.  This HURTS the game in the long run.

this is almost exactly where i am at. ive prob spent more but not a crazy amount and im clinging into g4 arena. Honestly though i cba to even attempt these fusions. The only one i ever compelted was Brago and it was really damn tough and stressful. 

Apr 17, 2021, 06:3704/17/21
07/28/20

Posting here to log my agreement and support for you post.

Apr 17, 2021, 06:3904/17/21
07/05/19

In my experience of playing many many many freemium games, this kind of "tactics" are usually the "tactics" of the final days of a freemium games where they would try to get as much sales as possible from the whales. And when they reach that peak of sales, then the game would start to slow down updates to eventually be gone.

Apr 17, 2021, 11:3804/17/21
10/15/20
Trieg

I think it is all about getting a constant stream of new players.

If they get a new player in, who spends 10 dollars, decides its too ptw and quits, that is a success for them

That is why the vast majority of the budget will be on marketing and to be fair you can see a lot of money has been spent on the adverts .

Apr 17, 2021, 16:5804/17/21
Apr 17, 2021, 16:59(edited)
05/29/19

I still think that their cost to attract new players doesn't offset the VERY LOW percentage of players retained or conversion of new download players to low-spenders to whales.  We know they want and need to make money to continue developing and maintaining the game, BUT they seem focused on attracting and churning through players instead of making their existing players if-not-happy, at least content.

I sincerely believe if they focused on player-retention of accounts at level 60 or above with features like free-re-gear day, earn 2x silver day, a duplicate system, and even a revamped monthly pass at a reasonable price like $10 a month that awarded bonus XP and bonus silver and a slight increase in regaining energy they'd see a lot of low-spenders become more frequent low-spenders.

Events like this result in whales being whales and whaling out, but at the cost of irritating the low-spenders, free-to-play and new players.  With a "traditional" (non-fragment fusion), at least folks who didn't have ALL the resources needed for the Legendary could still focus on getting some Rares and Epics.  This model REQUIRES 100 fragments per Epic, so yeah, they could still focus on 1 or 2 Epics, but the previous events like Champion Training would award a FULL Epic champ for 12750 points - not 20 fragments.

This event is WORSE in every possible way.

Apr 18, 2021, 21:0604/18/21
02/08/20

Absolutely agree with OP.  This event is made for the Whales.. and even for them it silly! 

Apr 19, 2021, 08:0204/19/21
Apr 19, 2021, 08:03(edited)
10/15/20

I know 6 starring is not the most effective way to do this, you are supposed to prepare loads of pointless chickens

But i have burned a lot of energy since this went live, ive 6 starred two champs from 1 to 60 and burned through a tonne of refills, and i am totally and utterly sick of constant 12-3 runs

And... i am still 4k short, now i am not going for the fusion, i just wanted to 6 star these champs- but people going for this are supposed to be doing fireknight at the same time

To do these things you basically have to suspend having a life for a couple of weeks, and probably spend cash unless hoarding for weeks.... i have played grindy games before but this is a new level of grinding