All Categories

Fix the Arena

Fix the Arena

Search
Comments
Mar 27, 2021, 23:5203/27/21
03/27/21

The whole arena is a joke. I'm a new player and can't even get out of the starting block in Bronze I because every player has their team of Epic and Legendary maxed out and assended. There's no reason to start playing.

The only way to fix it is to place restrictions of what can be used for each tier.

For example:

- Bronze I you can only use 1 Rare (Leader) and Commons.

- Bronze II you can only use 1-2 Rare,  Uncommons and Commons.

- Bronze III you can use 1-3 Rares, Uncommons and Commons.

and so on.

Doing this shouldn't be too hard update to do to fix the balance issues.

Mar 28, 2021, 00:0303/28/21
Mar 28, 2021, 00:07(edited)
10/15/20
vonVile

The whole arena is a joke. I'm a new player and can't even get out of the starting block in Bronze I because every player has their team of Epic and Legendary maxed out and assended. There's no reason to start playing.

The only way to fix it is to place restrictions of what can be used for each tier.

For example:

- Bronze I you can only use 1 Rare (Leader) and Commons.

- Bronze II you can only use 1-2 Rare,  Uncommons and Commons.

- Bronze III you can use 1-3 Rares, Uncommons and Commons.

and so on.

Doing this shouldn't be too hard update to do to fix the balance issues.

Even simpler would be to have bots in bronze and silver - so people can do basic progression for newbie tasks

Gold and plat? sure make it competitive, and let plat stay whale/kraken land.

But the newbie tiers (bronze/silver) should not be full of full legendaries with 30% speed auras etc

However, you can guarantee plarium have analytics coming out of their ears, which are probably telling them that instead of quitting players are burning gems to refresh.

That will encourage them to keep things as they are.

Mar 28, 2021, 02:4003/28/21
06/26/19

There is definitely something wrong with the arena AND the Clan Boss.   One of my clansmen said he saw a team in the Bronze levels that had 300 power!  I went from Gold 4 where I have been for months to Gold 2 in a few days!  All my clan is frustrated.   You did such an awesome second anniversary,  to which I thank you.   But now,  most of my clan are pretty new to Raid,  and they are getting very frustrated.   I

Hope this is temporary.   You all have been awesome at making the game fun and interesting.   Please fix these areas. 

Mar 28, 2021, 10:1603/28/21
ktdetox

There is definitely something wrong with the arena AND the Clan Boss.   One of my clansmen said he saw a team in the Bronze levels that had 300 power!  I went from Gold 4 where I have been for months to Gold 2 in a few days!  All my clan is frustrated.   You did such an awesome second anniversary,  to which I thank you.   But now,  most of my clan are pretty new to Raid,  and they are getting very frustrated.   I

Hope this is temporary.   You all have been awesome at making the game fun and interesting.   Please fix these areas. 

This was the fix aka. hidden nerf from Plarium which came with 3.40 patch. They just forgot to post to patch list (just ask from you, why :D). This was not the first and not the last nerf which was hidden.

And no matter you are refreshing the opponents with gems or not, no more weak teams almost 2 weeks ago after refresh.

I'm almost always face against 40k-50k higher opponents at gold leagues, and my girlfriend at bronze III against 160-170k teams.....

Mar 28, 2021, 10:1703/28/21

This was the fix aka. hidden nerf from Plarium which came with 3.40 patch. They just forgot to post to patch list (just ask from your own, why :D). This was not the first and not the last nerf which was hidden.

And no matter you are refreshing the opponents with gems or not, no more weak teams almost 2 weeks ago after refresh.

I'm almost always face against 40k-50k higher opponents at gold leagues, and my girlfriend at bronze III against 160-170k teams.....

Mar 29, 2021, 00:3403/29/21

Plarium still no response ? :P

Mar 29, 2021, 01:3003/29/21
07/05/19

3-4 months ago, I have posted the main problem with arena, THEIR POINTS SYSTEM, TLDR it will put you in the rank relative to the number of people participating in arena, the more people participating the higher you can climb, less people then the lower the position you can get.

No amount of bots or matchmaking tweaks can fix arena UNLESS they fix the points system.

I haven't played this game for a solid 3 months now, but seeing my account is back in bronze 1 and how arena is still not fixed... I don't think I'll be getting back soon.

Mar 29, 2021, 03:5003/29/21
Mar 29, 2021, 03:50(edited)
02/25/21

yeah, the funny thing is it seems like Plarium has serious issues understanding what the problem is.

Seems like they just throw more and more arena tokens at you through dailies, challenges, missions, etc etc as if that's going to fix it lol.

"What are you guys doing. Just play it!!! Here's an extra 1000 arena tokens, just fucking play it already!!! And if you lose, just git gud (by dumping more out of your pocket)"

Arena in this game is one of the most p2w things ever. They draw you with the amazing character design just to jab the hell out of you via microtransactions and loot box mechanics.

Mar 29, 2021, 10:1203/29/21
10/15/20
Deleted

Plarium still no response ? :P

Plarium responded to hellhades

In a nutshell it was 'lolz spend more'

Mar 29, 2021, 10:1803/29/21
02/07/19

Gold Rank IV to Gold Rank I in a few days... I was Rank IV since on year. Very frustrating update. I think i will stop playing this paytowin. Worst update ever.

Mar 30, 2021, 01:3603/30/21
05/13/19

Post your Roster.

Mar 30, 2021, 02:0903/30/21
07/05/19

Come on J... You know that's not going to solve the problem.

Heroes optimization should not come into play so early in the arena, in Raid's case, it should not be a requirement for bronze rank, maybe Silver 3 and up, but bronze is supposed to be for beginners who start playing and have just start collecting their heroes... 

This is a problem, and by telling people in Bronze to optimize their heroes will only compound the problem not solve it.

And the fact that people can easily drop so drastically from gold 3/ 4to silver 1 (and maybe even further) is a sign that there is something really wrong no amount of player optimization can solve

Mar 30, 2021, 17:3603/30/21
05/13/19
lee.ozz.0213

Come on J... You know that's not going to solve the problem.

Heroes optimization should not come into play so early in the arena, in Raid's case, it should not be a requirement for bronze rank, maybe Silver 3 and up, but bronze is supposed to be for beginners who start playing and have just start collecting their heroes... 

This is a problem, and by telling people in Bronze to optimize their heroes will only compound the problem not solve it.

And the fact that people can easily drop so drastically from gold 3/ 4to silver 1 (and maybe even further) is a sign that there is something really wrong no amount of player optimization can solve

Are you sure about that?

I have been playing the game for 2+ years.

I have seen a lot of things in my time.

I saw a Beginner in Bronze Tier Arena put a Bad El Kazar in their Vault.

I asked the Beginner why they put Bad El Kazar in their Vault.

The beginner told me because Bad El Kazar was garbage.

Mar 30, 2021, 21:0803/30/21
10/08/17
Angwil

Same here, have stayed in G4 for over a year.  Now the same cookie-cutter teams with 1/3 of the power are somehow one-shoting me.  2 weeks, hello G2.  WTF?  Same team?  1/3 the power?  Yes RNG can account for that once in a long while, but not 10 times out of 10 freaking matches.

Hey brother you know you and I see eye to eye most times

I agree with you in part

Yes I too have been in Gold 4 for long time holding  my own (pick and choose  my fights)

i actually made Plat tier for a day with the team I still use (and have upgraded their artifacts and glyphs since) but never returned to Plat

I notice Gold 4 tougher for sure (less easy fights to pick). But am now middle Gold 4 where before was top tier 4

Not sure what happened but will say yes Classic arena is tougher. I am still in my tier 4 gold but can appreciate how this impact may of dropped  other players from their tiers

Mar 31, 2021, 01:2303/31/21
07/25/20

I was in Gold 4 Now in Gold 2 and falling.

Mar 31, 2021, 03:0903/31/21
09/29/20

I have my classic arena team fully equiped (6 star artifacts/ accesories, fully booked, all masteries, everything possible to the max), all legendaries, and i'm afraid already to challenge a team no more than 100k, mostly rare, because arena works in strange ways. How is it possible to lose against a team 130k less power than mine? Why botter to get more legendaries, to get best gear or to keep on playing just to gather more dissapointments?  I will build myself a regular team (Kael, Apothecary, Warmaiden and Spirithost) and never invest a penny anymore to run after legendaries,  just to see them kicked by rare champs because the rare champs work.....in synergy :))))

Unfortunately,  this game is completely broken and if RAID wants to remain in business, something has to be done.  If I have to make a sugestion, equip your managers with 6 star DEF artifacts, because they are about to receive a lot of kicks in the next period for all the mess they created. Or simply replace your legendary managers with regular managers, less expensive but more effective and competent. Who work ....in synergy.

Mar 31, 2021, 07:4303/31/21
10/15/20
red

I have my classic arena team fully equiped (6 star artifacts/ accesories, fully booked, all masteries, everything possible to the max), all legendaries, and i'm afraid already to challenge a team no more than 100k, mostly rare, because arena works in strange ways. How is it possible to lose against a team 130k less power than mine? Why botter to get more legendaries, to get best gear or to keep on playing just to gather more dissapointments?  I will build myself a regular team (Kael, Apothecary, Warmaiden and Spirithost) and never invest a penny anymore to run after legendaries,  just to see them kicked by rare champs because the rare champs work.....in synergy :))))

Unfortunately,  this game is completely broken and if RAID wants to remain in business, something has to be done.  If I have to make a sugestion, equip your managers with 6 star DEF artifacts, because they are about to receive a lot of kicks in the next period for all the mess they created. Or simply replace your legendary managers with regular managers, less expensive but more effective and competent. Who work ....in synergy.

The best parody about "you can buy everything, exept player skill"-gamers I've ever read.