All Categories

Arena Candy Crush lol

Arena Candy Crush lol

Search
Comments
Sep 29, 2020, 23:4809/29/20
05/03/20
I am building a stronger defense so that I dont lose the points gained in easy offense battles.  I have gone from B3 to S3.  I hope this lasts long enough for us to finish the missions. 
Sep 30, 2020, 00:4709/30/20
Sep 30, 2020, 00:53(edited)
06/27/20

T3 God said:

Just wondering.  How many people have pretty much stopped fighting regular teams since they found this out?  I know I pretty much have. 

I have stopped. There are some teams I can win in normal rolls (currently in G1, and I'm weak), but it's less than 100% winrate, some are faster than I expect. I attack them when I'm at 10 keys or using leftover keys at the end of day.

I was never higher than S2 before. No sense of achievement from reaching gold, feels more like "compensation gift: 100 medals" in the inbox. But nobody complains, and neither do I.

Some people still attack me for some reason :) I wouldn't have attacked any of these.

Sep 30, 2020, 01:2009/30/20
07/05/19

WileyMan said:

Through a combination of bot wins and real wins, I have gone from S4 to G4 in 4 days.  It has been almost 4 months since I fell out of G4.  This has allowed me to complete the G4 Mission and resume progress toward Arbiter.  

However, this isn't really a fix to the Arena changes.  The "real" G4 teams are still vastly faster/stronger than my current team...even though my current team is vastly faster/stronger than the team that originally took me to G4 back in March/April and kept me there throughout May/June.

I remember there being more weak defense teams earlier in the year than there have been recently, but I do not remember there being full pages of L30-L40 auto-win bot teams...and that if there were bot teams, they were not quite so  obvious.  Am I remembering that incorrectly?       

The bot teams will push everyone else higher, they might not yet get to gold, but I've seen real teams that used to be at the bronze 4 level are now at silver 2 and silver 3.

So I do think it's a solution, as long as they don't abruptly remove them, I think this could be a good  solution
Sep 30, 2020, 01:2309/30/20
07/05/19
T3 God said:

Just wondering.  How many people have pretty much stopped fighting regular teams since they found this out?  I know I pretty much have. 
I still try to play regular teams if I found them to be the "usual targets" that I used to target since before this "fix"
Sep 30, 2020, 02:2309/30/20
05/03/20
OzzLee said:

WileyMan said:

Through a combination of bot wins and real wins, I have gone from S4 to G4 in 4 days.  It has been almost 4 months since I fell out of G4.  This has allowed me to complete the G4 Mission and resume progress toward Arbiter.  

However, this isn't really a fix to the Arena changes.  The "real" G4 teams are still vastly faster/stronger than my current team...even though my current team is vastly faster/stronger than the team that originally took me to G4 back in March/April and kept me there throughout May/June.

I remember there being more weak defense teams earlier in the year than there have been recently, but I do not remember there being full pages of L30-L40 auto-win bot teams...and that if there were bot teams, they were not quite so  obvious.  Am I remembering that incorrectly?       

The bot teams will push everyone else higher, they might not yet get to gold, but I've seen real teams that used to be at the bronze 4 level are now at silver 2 and silver 3.

So I do think it's a solution, as long as they don't abruptly remove them, I think this could be a good  solution
I am one of those "normal" teams that is at S4 now.  Others have stopped attacking me in defense so I can hold my gains.  I still fight a non bot team if it fits my criteria for a win.  But, they are few and far between.  I just had 20 wins in a row.  Used some of my gems to get more arena keys. 
Sep 30, 2020, 02:3509/30/20
12/19/19
WileyMan said:

Yes, they were not quite as weak.  But it was a clear full page of lower levels.
Sep 30, 2020, 15:3009/30/20
01/31/20

OzzLee said:

WileyMan said:

As someone else said earlier in this thread, he gets no sense of accomplishment from climbing the Arena Ranks this way.  He isn't arguing with the progress, but it is more like a participation trophy than it is building a team to rise to the various challenges that the Arena throws at you.  All of the players that have (1) Given up on fighting the real battles or (2) Advanced far enough on Bot wins that there are no real battles they can win have now been sidelined into a group that lives for the participation trophy.  

That is not a fix, and does not make for satisfying game plan over the long term. It will merely lead to a different flavor of player dissatisfaction.  

Wouldn't you rather have Plarium design a match-making system that put you with teams that are a challenge for your level, but that if you ran it on manual and chose the right moves, you might pull out the win?  Those are the most satisfying Arena Battles.  

Sep 30, 2020, 17:3209/30/20
07/05/19

WileyMan said:

As someone else said earlier in this thread, he gets no sense of accomplishment from climbing the Arena Ranks this way.  He isn't arguing with the progress, but it is more like a participation trophy than it is building a team to rise to the various challenges that the Arena throws at you.  All of the players that have (1) Given up on fighting the real battles or (2) Advanced far enough on Bot wins that there are no real battles they can win have now been sidelined into a group that lives for the participation trophy.  

That is not a fix, and does not make for satisfying game plan over the long term. It will merely lead to a different flavor of player dissatisfaction.  

Wouldn't you rather have Plarium design a match-making system that put you with teams that are a challenge for your level, but that if you ran it on manual and chose the right moves, you might pull out the win?  Those are the most satisfying Arena Battles.  

from what I gather, this is Plarium throwing the towel and revert Arena to what it was before the May fix. To be honest back then I didn't care about Arena nor did I actively come to this forum, so I honestly don't know what arena was back then... But judging from the stories, this "fix" is just clicking the undo button and go back then.

Now, I have proposed many times in many posts that the best way was to create a new point system

1. Losing should deduct half the points the winner gets, so in a PvP if winner gets 10 points, loser should lost only 5.

2. Create a checkpoint where when someone cross that checkpoint, he/she cannot go back down the tier no matter how much he/she lose in arena battles. so anyone in this border of the checkpoint will lose 0 points if they lose (because they cannot drop bellow their tiers anymore) but the winner gets full points

It would have been a small change, and I believe it would solve arena problem.

BUT, now that they have go back here, and many people have shot up so significantly, what do you think will happen if they once again yank this system a 2nd time?

Chaos!

I say, this is the best we can take, as I think Plarium is to afraid to actually fix the arena, and just push the undo button to the last time where people complain less about Arena

Sep 30, 2020, 18:4609/30/20
04/14/20
OzzLee said:

from what I gather, this is Plarium throwing the towel and revert Arena to what it was before the May fix. To be honest back then I didn't care about Arena nor did I actively come to this forum, so I honestly don't know what arena was back then... But judging from the stories, this "fix" is just clicking the undo button and go back then.

Not at all. It's not possible to just 'undo' the changes since May, nor does the current situation look much like the arena before May. You didn't get those bizarre screens with 10 free wins every once in a while. It was just that competition was less tough in general, with lower speeds in the lower tiers and with the strongest champions/teams limited to the higher tiers. Plus, a lot of people would regularly put 1 low-level champ in defense, because they liked their current tier and wanted to stabilize their level rather than climbing up. It's true that there was a certain tendency in the matchmaking system to cluster such weak defenses, where you might go five refreshes without a single 1-champ defense and then suddenly you'd see five at once. But no full screens of 10 low-level teams like now. 
Sep 30, 2020, 20:1609/30/20
09/30/20
Just keep bragging then they will put it back like it was lol 
dthorne04Moderator
Jun 5, 2022, 15:2206/05/22
Jun 5, 2022, 15:22(edited)
12/30/20
Spangmastaflex

Thanks. Spam bots/spammers are getting more varied lately in their nonsense. :P

Bot necro locked. 

harleQuinnModerator
Jun 6, 2022, 08:3706/06/22
02/24/19

The weird necro spam returns, I see. :(

The topic is locked. You cannot post comments.